Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff (42677 Views)

How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS / Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff / DSS Storms Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe's House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by ricson11(m): 10:51am On Apr 27, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Why is it that only the SE Governors always act this way.
You will never see Igbos comment in thread like this.
No wonder they want Biafra
Useless pigs

bro hope you have taken your drugs this morning
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by 1mansquard: 10:54am On Apr 27, 2020
Everybody talking trash Obaseki is a gonna , Obaseki has failled bla, bla , bla. If u understand Governor Obaseki who will knw that corrupt and PDP oriented politians (share d money) can't wrk wit him. His administration is restricted from normal political gimics of heartless squandering of public funds. If u are caught up in that act, you have to honorably resign or u get fired. He is a uniqe governor with great desire for transparancy in government
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by ArticleBeast: 11:05am On Apr 27, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
that's why obaseki needs to go fast, he has lost my support.
Who has your support ever helped?
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by yinkson(m): 11:11am On Apr 27, 2020
moderatedguy:
Attack is d best form of defence

Yes, you defend, knowing fully well that your striker and goal post is weak... in other word, you ain't doing well enough to gain the trust of the masses
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by rhames(m): 11:23am On Apr 27, 2020
CallMeDrino:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/04/26/dss-officials-invade-ransack-akereles-residence-arrest-aide/amp/

Governor's, local government chairman, ministers and political actors all behaving like thugs.
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Avalancheman: 11:24am On Apr 27, 2020
AreaFada2:

It's people from outside Edo State trying to Stoke ethnic hate. People of various ethnic and religious backgrounds have co-existed in Greater Benin for centuries. Of which Edo just a small part. I do not know how people foolishly thought naming the state Edo state was wise. Edo traditionally means central Benin City. Not even including Uselu. Whereas Benin was the empire.

Even Gov Obaseki's great great grandfather came from Anioma. But they see themselves as Benin today. In Edo people have the liberty to identify as they want. We do not need outsiders to bring us their tribalism and tribal agenda.
Benin was capital of an empire from 1440 to 1897. Various people brought their talents and settled there.

People like Stella Damasus Aboderin, Ramsay Nouah and many others were born in Benin. It has been a melting pot for centuries.

This is just about setting the facts straight. Taiwo Akerele is a Yoruba man from Edo state. Period! smiley
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by spartan117(m): 11:39am On Apr 27, 2020
Godons1:
In his 4 years of Governance, he kept propagating hate and lies against Oshiomole. Meanwhile, he was doing nothing as regards developing the state.
The first part of your statement is false, what he revealed about Oshiomole's administration is true.

The second part is correct, he hasn't done enough in terms of development.

I pray we get a better candidate so that both obaseki and oshiomole will be retired.
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by chiefkex(m): 12:04pm On Apr 27, 2020
They will now vote in the next "calamitee", the fake Pastor

Nigerians seldomly get good leaders anyway

Godons1:
Obaşeki is a gonner. This Pandemic has realy proven how clueless he is. The people of Edo are wiser now. In his 4 years of Governance, he kept propagating hate and lies against Oshiomole. Meanwhile, he was doing nothing as regards developing the state.
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2020
Jazzafizzy:

He's from igara / akoko Edo in Edo state . They bear yoruba names . I'm very sure his resignation has something to do with shady deals ....... Oshiomole almost sacked( financial misappropriation) him some years when he was the head of see4 in Edo state , if not for obaseki .
Very right! You really know him very well. It was from SEEEFOR that he became Obaseki's CoS.
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2020
bigfish3k:

Yes naa, there are yorubas in edo state

Or is anybody disputing that?
I know so many

There are also people in edo state that bear igbo names. They are of the ika origin. I have met so many too
I don't want to shake any table. They can speak for themselves if they are igbos
Taiwo Akerele is Igbira (Ebira) from Akoko Edo, their language/names are Yoruba based but they're not yoruba.
Ika people (from Agbor in Delta State), are like Ikwerre people of Rivers State - they are igbolike but not Igbo.
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by kayusely70(m): 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2020
Obaseki taking on so many fights
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by olumide4christ: 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2020
bigfish3k:

Yes naa, there are yorubas in edo state

Or is anybody disputing that?
I know so many

There are also people in edo state that bear igbo names. They are of the ika origin. I have met so many too
I don't want to shake any table. They can speak for themselves if they are igbos
Ika is in Delta State, not Edo state. They are referred to as Delta Igbos.
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Nwaonyishi69: 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2020
helinues:
So Edo are yet to done with their in-house fighting.

How would all this attract investors to the state?

Greediness of few, suffering of many
What type of investment were you expecting?
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Duru009(m): 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2020
This guy has some vital secret to expose to the opposition
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by moderatedguy: 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2020
yinkson:

Yes, you defend, knowing fully well that your striker and goal post is weak... in order word, you ain't doing well enough to gain the trust of the masses
...goal post is always fortified
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by moderatedguy: 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2020
[quote author=spirul77 post=88901173][/quote] Where is your proof that money is being shared with Elrufai and co...
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by spirul77: 3:12pm On Apr 27, 2020
[quote author=moderatedguy post=88913038]
To start with, are you in EDO? Did you vote in the last EDO elections? When did you start following obaseki and oshiomholes rift? Is it that you are not aware obaseki is the chief sponsor with logistics,manpower and in cash of the plot to oust oshiomole or you are just pretending? Do you know how many prominent bini sons obaseki made sure they lose their federal appointment just to cut down oshiomhloes influence?
Do you know obasekis campaign promises? The track one and highest selling single of obaseki's campaign promises was the gelegele seaport project but after almost four years and hundreds of millions of naira budgeted for just soil testing and squandered where is the project now? See baba, just go relax if you have nothing to do other than supporting an obvious failure.

1 Like

Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Oracle20: 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2020
OBASEKI IS A GONER. ONLY A MATTER OF TIME.
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Kellie069(m): 4:00pm On Apr 27, 2020
Well, the news won't tell you the real truth. He's my mum's younger cousin and we know what's happening. Lass lass, politics in Nigeria is scam.
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by bigfish3k: 6:26pm On Apr 27, 2020
olumide4christ:

Ika is in Delta State, not Edo state. They are referred to as Delta Igbos.
Please tell me about the people bearing igbo names as edo state indigenes that are in edo state
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by bigfish3k: 6:35pm On Apr 27, 2020
EmmaFantastic:

Taiwo Akerele is Igbira (Ebira) from Akoko Edo, their language/names are Yoruba based but they're not yoruba.
Ika people (from Agbor in Delta State), are like Ikwerre people of Rivers State - they are igbolike but not Igbo.
I am from rivers state and I am igbo not Igbo like

Is just like saying tilapia is a fish like but not fish
If your closest likelihood is igbo then you are igbo
Imagine calling your self delta igbo but I am not Igbo. Then the suffix igbo should not appear in your introduction My friend this is the biggest confusion and statement I have come across

Its just like saying : I am a sardine fish but I am not a a fish
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Nostradamu(m): 7:05pm On Apr 27, 2020
Confirmedzombie post=88898367] Why is it that only the SE Governors always act this way.
You will never see Igbos comment in thread like this.
No wonder they want Biafra
Useless pigs

Dear Zombie,

I trust this message meets you well.

Edo is not a state in the Southeast. It's actually located somewhere in a region called South-south, you know, like where you have states such as Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom etc. Also, fun fact: during the civil war, the majority of indigenes of this area never bought the idea of "Biafra" so much so that their people in the diaspora, UK to be precise, staged a protest against Ojukwu's dream.

Should you have difficulty with all that is written above, do not hesitate to contact me via a private message or a quote.

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully.

Nigerian citizen (and a full-blooded Yoruba admirer of Biafra).

Signed.
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by olumide4christ: 7:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
bigfish3k:

Please tell me about the people bearing igbo names as edo state indigenes that are in edo state

There are people in Delta State bearing Ibo names, not Edo state. I never mentioned Edo state. Read my comment that you quoted again. I was responding to someone who said there were some Ibo-like tribe in Edo state called Ika but I corrected him that they were in Delta State, not Edo state.
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by ashadesamson: 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2020
Person wey dey shame na hunger go finish that person ooo I dey humble and loyal to you all, hunger don teach me mathematics where I dey on missionary, nothing is too small brothers and sisters, I pray for you today covid will not have effect on you even if you eat it in Jesus name Amen. Acct: 1803002441. Eco bank.
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by obazie(m): 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2020
Godons1:
Obaşeki is a gonner. This Pandemic has realy proven how clueless he is. The people of Edo are wiser now. In his 4 years of Governance, he kept propagating hate and lies against Oshiomole. Meanwhile, he was doing nothing as regards developing the state.

What is this one saying. Is it not osho that is doing all of these to trouble obaseki's government. Oga talk wetin u know oh and speak for yourself
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by bigfish3k: 8:41pm On Apr 27, 2020
olumide4christ:

There are people in Delta State bearing Ibo names, not Edo state. I never mentioned Edo state. Read my comment that you quoted again. I was responding to someone who said there were some Ibo-like tribe in Edo state called Ika but I corrected him that they were in Delta State, not Edo state.
I wrote that there are igbo bearing names in edo state and I have come across some of them
I want you to agree with me. It seems they are called igbanke
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by olumide4christ: 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2020
bigfish3k:

I wrote that there are igbo bearing names in edo state and I have come across some of them
I want you to agree with me. It seems they are called igbanke

I haven't come across such. My mum is from Edo state and I lived there for 11 years.
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by bigfish3k: 11:57pm On Apr 27, 2020
olumide4christ:

I haven't come across such. My mum is from Edo state and I lived there for 11 years.
Please find out its true, I just finished speaking with one now on phone. His name is chukwuma
He told me they are igbanke but they speak Ika which is the same as agbor
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by Jazzafizzy(f): 8:01am On Apr 28, 2020
Avalancheman:

Nope. Igbos don't bear Hausa names and vice versa... smiley
So those Igbo converting to Muslim still bear ifeanyi , emeka ,chima e.t.c ? Don't be deceived guy . Go to imo state and see for ur eyes how igbos are now embarrassing Islam
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by DeRay98(m): 8:23am On Apr 28, 2020
Avalancheman:

Shut up and learn! Not everybody from Edo state is Edo by tribe... cool
Ignoramus, Edo is not a tribe but a collection of tribes...
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by oyatz(m): 8:24am On Apr 28, 2020
I know many people from Edo State that bear Yoruba names like Ayo, Toyin, Taiwo &Kehinde, Tope, Segun ,even in Benin City.

Prof Ambrose Folorunsho Alli was the Governor of old Bendel State between 1979-1983.
Dele Giwa and Ade Bendel are also from Edo State.

Avalancheman:
Is Taiwo Akerele from Edo state
Re: DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff by dangoteinlaw: 5:26pm On Apr 28, 2020
4ckyou:

Obaseki is fighting the wrong fight, edo has 22 Coronavirus cases and he's doing nothing about it, I like him before but now he's just an idiot with no brain.
nope u liked him b4 coz the media told you to, i know your kind u have no thinking capability of your own and ppl like u can hate someone because someone else hate him. Oshiomole-obaseki sag made u pick side with obaseki but let me break this to you oshiomole is one great governor obadeki can never be, not in this lifestime. Oshiomole did more for the ppl of edo and what do we have hear a clown gov who is mistaken his powers as federal. He's slipping

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Vote APC In 2023" Titi Abubakar Suffers Gaffe, Urges Support For APC (Video) / 2023: Osinbajo’s Presidential Posters Flood Osun / Promote Corporal Dr. Nnaji Ebenezer Chibueze - MURIC Tells IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.