Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria (54735 Views)

Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction / Mass Job Losses Loom In Q1 2023 Amid Naira Crisis - Manufacturers, Economist / See An Unimaginable Way A School Teacher Gets Additional Income. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Dayg88(m): 4:54pm On Apr 27, 2020
nairavsdollars:
looms or it has happened already. It will worsen if if the lockdown is extended

Abi oo

I was served my termination letter a week ago. My company terminated the employment of almost 80% of it's staff. It is an oil and gas retail company in the downstream sector and apparently, they did not wana take more hit than they have.

If this lockdown continues, I fear more are gonna lose theirs in the coming week

1 Like

Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by afroxyz: 4:55pm On Apr 27, 2020
People would just be recycling facts and indices from Western world. We are constantly inundated by predictions from dooms day prophets sayung unimaginable jmb. Nigerian economy is unique. Las las businesses go slash salary. Leave story

3 Likes

Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by afecgivers: 4:57pm On Apr 27, 2020

1 Like

Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Pavillon: 4:57pm On Apr 27, 2020
which sector is that

pocohantas:
Not unexpected.

Anyway, our MD sent out a circular last week and we would be having a nationwide online meeting tomorrow. He said there would be no layoff for now. Honestly, they shouldn’t even think of that considering the profits dey declare/share.

However, if it gets to that- it would be on a FIFO basis. For once, I am happy to be a subordinate.

Those ones that have been eating money since should rest, we just dey start our life/career.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Felicity0001: 5:01pm On Apr 27, 2020
OLAFIMIX:
Contact us for your fancy Ankara face mask at cheap price and we deliver up to 10,000unit. Stay save
This facemask you guys are sewing is not d recommended one and can't prevent an infected person from spreading the virus as its design for.

Facemask contain a woven material which helps to protect the spread of virus from an infected person and the normal cloth or materials you guys are using dont have this major material.

I encourage you guys to make more research before producing these thing you call facemask but just a fashionista.

5 Likes

Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by preciousman(m): 5:01pm On Apr 27, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Last las we all go dey alright

Damnnnnn baby girl

A life without weed is not worth living

And moreover i don't see this news as a good news
We all are feeling it. Even my side don red
No Heineken no cash. Just tiger beer for almost one week now
And even a real niggarrr is about to sell his ride(car)
Broke already. Am about to sell that ride( picture below)

But wait a minute....... damnnnnn. Just checked your profile. And i must say you posses this body that represents the true beauty of a woman. And your eyes they look like two drop of coffee in a cloud of milk
You are beautiful.... Damnnnnnn
I always like your comment bro anything I read it i laugh alot.Damn nigga!You are real a real nigga.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 5:03pm On Apr 27, 2020
GamalNasser:
The Nigerian Economy is not strong enough to withstand 30 days of shutdown without far reaching consequences , even super Economies are suffering consequences talk less of Nigerias already fragile Economy !!!

It was badly thought out by govt to mirror whatever G8 countries where doing like total Economic lock down without seeing that these Economies have the financial might to stimulate their Economy into life after the shut , US alone is be jump-starting it's Economy with an over 2 trillion dollars lifeline while Nigeria is still looking for funds to balance it previous Budget deficit .

In Nigeria the lockdown has only succeeded in slowing down the Economy but didn't slow down the virus transmission because only Economic lockdown was achieved as we failed to achieve socialization lock down.

When we were shouting economic fallout and the the need not to extend the lock down, some people here thought we were being uncaring...

Just look at this mess... Community spread was unchecked, even Imo state that had no case before the lock down, got their first after extending lock down...

There were simple and workable approaches to checking spread while keeping states working... A simple step would have been to shut off hot spots, and maintain others functioning, but our leaders rather jump into bandwagons than tailor solutions.

1 Like

Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 27, 2020
Easy to say!! Guy dis not farm business
Appswheel:
This is predictable and some people have already lost their job

What I also know is that smart people are already looking at the bright side of the Pandemic. Are you thinking? What opportunities do you see?

For example, A teacher can learn how to deploy virtual learning softwares and provide training to schools and other teachers.

Teachers can position for home schooling, create e-learning content and distribute them online, including on Q and A App.

If you are a teacher who have PDF, audio and video content for your students, you can distribute them on Q and A App right away.

Install the App on Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 5:07pm On Apr 27, 2020
HenryThegreat1:
And some heartless persons were still supporting continuous lockdown.

Most of them have never worked a day in their lives... People who still depend on parents and relatives.
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 27, 2020
OLAFIMIX:
Contact us for your fancy Ankara face mask at cheap price and we deliver up to 10,000unit. Stay save

Safe
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Ofejarkata: 5:09pm On Apr 27, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Damnnnnn baby girl

But wait a minute....... damnnnnn. Just checked your profile. And i must say you posses this body that represents the true beauty of a woman. And your eyes they look like two drop of coffee in a cloud of milk

Your comment just off me

Are you talking about your car or your bottle of beer or weed.
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by ovonramwen: 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2020
OLAFIMIX:

Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2020
You were expecting a prosperous nation under apc, LMAO...
The LIARS & DECIEVERS thoroughly deceived you... Pele
Muhammadu fooled you first time, shame on him.
Then he fooled you again, shame on you

You are very foolish!
YorubaPrince:

Typical foolish okoro savage.
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2020
Please try to learn a digital skill during this lockdown to avoid all this brouhahas

Digital marketers are still cashing out during lockdown..

Hit me up if you want to learn a digital skill

Thank you!
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 5:11pm On Apr 27, 2020
Candoit:
I believe China owes the world an explanation when all this is over.

Families have been lost, jobs lost, salaries not paid, businesses shut down...I mean this is just too much to bear

China can't take all the cake... Most nations including Nigeria had all the time to take precautionary measures, and implement containment protocols...

China can't equally take the blame for the carelessness of most nations. Even WHO didn't do enough!!!
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Ofejarkata: 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2020
In your own opinion what can we do?. Please don't start with Government should

Tissaia:
Damn nigger is alright¿. this guy av created his little world and living in it. Stop smoking weed. come back to reality..., there's nothing issoright in mass job losses
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by emmaodet: 5:13pm On Apr 27, 2020
George2164:
People got to brace up, we keep hoping for the best as we prepare for the worst......Try to convert your passion to money... Being self employed is really the bomb...

But this will surely pass.. Las Las we go dey alright

When a more standardized business like companies are retrenching and folding, you think it is the self-employed one man business that will ride the storm?
Only if you know how many SMEs have shutdown, how many poultry, catfish and piggery farmers have shut down.

Attached picture is a big fat pig been sold for 2k at Ogun state due to lockdown wahala. It is tge major pig farm settlement in southwest. Most of their buyers come feom warri with trailers to buy and load pigs on weekly basis a d now no buy due to lockdown.
Thousands of pigs on ground with no buyers and the pigs needs to eat, so farmers have to started auctioning out pigs at a cheap price just to get little money to feed and reduce running cost, same thing that happened to oil crashing due to low demands and filling tanks.
Same scenario is happening to poultry farmers - plenty eggs no buyers and chicken must eat, catfish farmers - fish keeps eating but no buyers and ni more money to feed.
Many businesses are suffering same faith but we all are quick to mock the white collar jobs guys, i don't know what these guys do una.
Na dem say make una find good job no see com dey mock and envy dem?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2020
George2164:
People got to brace up, we keep hoping for the best as we prepare for the worst......Try to convert your passion to money... Being self employed is really the bomb...

But this will surely pass.. Las Las we go dey alright

If a lot of people are or were self employed, profits would suffer massively!!!

Just pray global and national economy bounce back fast, and people get back their jobs.

1 Like

Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 27, 2020
So you were expecting a prosperous nation under apc, LMAO...
Those LIARS & THIEVES thoroughly deceived you... Pele
Muhammadu fooled you first time, shame on him.
Then he fooled you again, shame on you!

somez:
The prayers of thy enemy shall not prevail
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 5:19pm On Apr 27, 2020
hustla:

If you die now or catch corona, how u go go the job?

You can stay at home for months, survive the virus, and get hit by a bus the very day you step out after the lockdown... What would have been the point of the whole lock down??!

Las las, all die na die!!! tongue
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by oaugraduate1234(m): 5:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
Another economic recession on the way
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by eniorisha(m): 5:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
emmaodet:

Lol
And you think everything is as merry as it is on paper with farming too? To even rub salt to the injury, taking a loan to start a biz? That is the shortest route to cemetery.
Bro e go shock u, you will do the farming and funny stories will emerge.
Funny stories upon stories upon stories will come up from pest to weeds to cows eating your crops to theft to drought or irregular rainfall to poor harvest due to God knows what etc
What about post harvest drying, storing and preservation.
Bro, the only money that is sure is the one physically in your hand, the moment it leaves your hand for be it borrowing, investment/business, the chances of it coming back not to talk of coming with profit drastically reduces by 50% if not more

He may av never done anything farming B4 sef. I can personally relate to your submission, my boss
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Neurotika: 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
We will run into a stampede when news like this are given wings to fly. There will be job loss no doubt, but how are we so sure It's causation is strongly linked to the lockdown. What if there are other variables already regressing to its mean before the lock down (fall in oil prices, yearly downsizing plan of companies etc.)

Majority of the working population works in the public sector and the informal sector where there's a significant job security compared to the formal private sector.

Furthermore, the largest number of employers of labor in the private sector are in the service sector (Banks, audit & accounting firms, Law firms etc).

These firms will only record massive losses in their books if they probably lost certain investments hugely impacting their retained earnings, inventories (which in this case a misnomer considering their sector), or significant loss of customer base. In which case is largely unlikely for the players in this sector.

Predicting job loss based on a pseudo economic analysis of companies not being able to pay salaries due to the lock down without sufficiently backing it up with figures and proven hypothetical theories is intellectual arrogance.

Can you sufficiently prove how companies won't be able to pay salaries due to this lockdown, the independent variables such inability is tied to, the enormity of this impact and the sectors most likely to be hit?

Problem with news like this is not that they are wrong, it's cos they will be right because players in the economy will act in ways that will be as a result of news like this. It's called a self fulfilling prophecy.

Besides, most routine downsizing usually happens within mid year, especially in the financial sector. Hence if such retrenchment now happens, everyone will attribute it to the lock down. Even companies that have no justification to lay off considering the size of their balance sheet and retained earnings will hide under this analysis in order to have a legal justification.

In the words of Mark Twain, it ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble it's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Damnnnnn baby girl.

Humans hate what they don't understand

How much for that whip ni66a*?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by AmTruth: 5:23pm On Apr 27, 2020
This is expected, after all the USA are counting more than 22 millions unemployment claims and still counting. With the pandemic and drop in production across sector, this is unavoidable globally not only Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by olumide4christ: 5:23pm On Apr 27, 2020
Lumig:
Really a double-sided issue. As most will be losing their jobs, others will be connected/reconnected to their dream job. Praying for more of God's sustenance in 2020 and beyond

Very true...I like this. That's the spirit of those who will come out on top in 2020.
Just trust the Lord God...it will come to pass.

2 Likes

Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by oshorstan(f): 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2020
ijustdey:

https://www.independent.ng/unimaginable-mass-job-losses-loom-in-nigeria/

I don't know what will happen to hustlers......
God need to have mercy on this country because of those who depend on daily pay like me. We have had enough.
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by emmaodet: 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2020
eniorisha:

He may av never done anything farming B4 sef. I can personally relate to your submission, my boss
Bro u sef see am.
Na today man don dey hustle??
E ni easyyyyyyyy.
Kosi eniti o mo ogbon ka fi eran si enu ka wa ti - Who no sabi d trick to put meat for mouth hide am, u come dey find am tink say d person don eat am.
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by olumide4christ: 5:25pm On Apr 27, 2020
hustla:

If you die now or catch corona, how u go go the job?

Abeg ask am? The company go just replace with another person the next day.
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Modsfav: 5:26pm On Apr 27, 2020
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by ModestGal(f): 5:30pm On Apr 27, 2020
Na people wey get job go loose job, Nigeria already has lots of unemployed people. Las las, we go survive am
Re: Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria by Godfather03: 5:31pm On Apr 27, 2020
Am looking on the brighter side
Their will also be vacancies, and this time around is going to be the big positions....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Become A Commercial Pilot In Nigeria In Short Summary (Photos) / Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng / Zenith Bank Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does Zenith Bank Pay Their Staff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.