Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,012 members, 7,825,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" (4368 Views)

How Prophhet Kingsley Foretold The Death Of Great Evangelist Pat Robertson / Pat Robertson Dies At 93 / Bishop Oyedepo: "We Employed 6,000 Employees In 2019" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
PervertProphet:

Please share me the link I want to read up on that.

When you read it to the end of the page you can click for the previous or next article. It is such a rich resource.

https://answersingenesis.org/creationism/old-earth/examination-hugh-ross-creation-passages-jeremiah-to-zechariah/
Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by madegreatbygrace(m): 6:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=89026147]

It is only Satan that gives half truths and contradictions not the Bible.

Yes, you’re right.But if men who walked in the flesh and didn’t have the full knowledge of God’s nature spoke in the Bible, and some of them even wrote the Bible, then this Bible will always have contradictions and half truth.
Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by madegreatbygrace(m): 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=89026806]

The Bible is correct. cool

Yes the Bible is correct, especially when we come to understand that everything there shouldn’t be taken literally
Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
madegreatbygrace:

Yes, you’re right.But if men who walked in the flesh and didn’t have the full knowledge of God’s nature spoke in the Bible, and some of them even wrote the Bible, then this Bible will always have contradictions and half truth.

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:21).

That's where you got it wrong as you can see that the Bible was not written by men carnal men but holy. God used them as you would use a pen to write down a message. You will only end up confused when you take your authority from sinful faulty men over the infallible inspired Word of God.
Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:18pm On Apr 30, 2020
madegreatbygrace:

Yes the Bible is correct, especially when we come to understand that everything there shouldn’t be taken literally

You don't have to take it literally only when it suits you. cool

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by madegreatbygrace(m): 8:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=89036893]

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:21).

That's where you got it wrong as you can see that the Bible was not written by men carnal men but holy. God used them as you would use a pen to write down a message. You will only end up confused when you take your authority from sinful faulty men over the infallible inspired Word of God.

There you go! Another non-contextual reading of the Bible. Reading the pre-text will definitely give you a better understanding.

“For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain. And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.”
~‭‭II Peter‬ ‭1:17-21‬ ‭NKJV

Peter writes about a prophecy . What is this prophecy? The prophecy is the inspired word spoken by the prophets concerning the suffering and the resurrection of Christ. Scripture here doesn’t mean the entire Bible. It actually refers to the Old Testament. Recall that at this time, the New Testament was not in existence. So what was spoken by the prophets in the New Testament about Christ was not spoken by the will of man, but these men spoke by the inspiration of the Spirit. Peter is not saying the entire Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit, but the prophecy concerning Christ. This is why all that was spoken by the prophets concerning Christ in the New Testament was fulfilled. There was no contradictions at all. The same can not be said about other areas. I hope that is clear enough.
Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by madegreatbygrace(m): 8:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=89037018]

You don't have to take it literally only when it suits you. cool

I don’t read the Bible to suit myself. I read with an open and humble heart, thereby allowing the Holy Spirit to guide. Always ready to learn, unlearn and relearn. When you do all of these, you’ll know when a portion is literal and when it is a figure of speech.
Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by iluvMAMAV: 12:21am On May 01, 2020
PervertProphet:

Una no dey get these kind power to attack Islam.
Na only Jesus Christ Una dey fit attack because the satanic seed inside Una know say Jesus remains the Word of God.

Cowards. If e reach Muslim. Una go piss for body close mouth dey look. Them don arrest Mubarak Bala. We don't know if he has been killed by now. None of Una dey talk or protest on your social media.

Hahahaha!
Dawkins puppets.
thinking of Muslims is like one disturbing himself about d stupidity of a goat , u know that I know dat Islam is totally blind to truth , at least in Christianity humans can still reason , u nid otem
Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by iluvMAMAV: 4:58am On May 01, 2020
budaatum:
I should let Otem tell you, but you are not to abandon one set of beliefs for another set of beliefs. In the Christian book it is written that satan also believes, so it can't exactly be pious to emulate trembling satan despite all the verses that ask one to believe in the same book. So try seeking understanding instead. Its hard work, but you've shown you are up to it.

My love for you has nothing to do with gender. I love you because you apologised for being rude and proved you are not a lazy fuq after all. I read it and love water was in my eyes. buda is genderless.

so u actually love me like seriously? Anyway tanks... 4 things I hate is some1 lying to me ,injustice , ignorance and I hate fear/cowardice ,

But I felt for those God's lied upon in the Bible, if am one of dos Gods I will not forgive , I will show ignorant Christian's raw pepper
Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by budaatum: 5:03am On May 01, 2020
iluvMAMAV:

But I felt for those God's lied upon in the Bible, if am one of dos Gods I will not forgive , I will show ignorant Christian's raw pepper
I wonder why you'd blame God for lying to you in the Bible. Did God write the Bible, or have I misunderstood you?
Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:07pm On May 01, 2020
madegreatbygrace:

“For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain. And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.”
~‭‭II Peter‬ ‭1:17-21‬ ‭NKJV

Peter writes about a prophecy . What is this prophecy? The prophecy is the inspired word spoken by the prophets concerning the suffering and the resurrection of Christ. Scripture here doesn’t mean the entire Bible. It actually refers to the Old Testament. Recall that at this time, the New Testament was not in existence. So what was spoken by the prophets in the New Testament about Christ was not spoken by the will of man, but these men spoke by the inspiration of the Spirit. Peter is not saying the entire Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit, but the prophecy concerning Christ. This is why all that was spoken by the prophets concerning Christ in the New Testament was fulfilled. There was no contradictions at all. The same can not be said about other areas. I hope that is clear enough.

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:09pm On May 01, 2020
madegreatbygrace:

I don’t read the Bible to suit myself. I read with an open and humble heart, thereby allowing the Holy Spirit to guide. Always ready to learn, unlearn and relearn. When you do all of these, you’ll know when a portion is literal and when it is a figure of speech.

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:21pm On May 02, 2020
PervertProphet:

Please share me the link I want to read up on that.

Have you been able to read up on the link?
Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:24am On May 04, 2020
Good science and bad science

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by budaatum: 5:27pm On May 04, 2020
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11457152_atheisttest_jpege8add09abb7c1d178efdc0e035d088fa

No wonder you are so childlike. Instead of seeking understanding of that which you are commanded, like the soldier that you are, you march forward ignorantly obeying those who command and reason for you as a child would. And like the [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+4%3A1-11&version=NIV]lord of ignorance that you serve[/url], you ask us to humble ourselves and bow down and worship you.

I will pray that your childish ways be put away.

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:10pm On May 04, 2020
budaatum:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11457152_atheisttest_jpege8add09abb7c1d178efdc0e035d088fa

No wonder you are so childlike. Instead of seeking understanding of that which you are commanded, like the soldier that you are, you march forward ignorantly obeying those who command and reason for you as a child would. And like the [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+4%3A1-11&version=NIV]lord of ignorance that you serve[/url], you ask us to humble ourselves and bow down and worship you.

I will pray that your childish ways be put away.

The moment you discover the difference between being childlike and childish will be the time you begin to see the light. At the moment you lack the fear of God and you need repentance. smiley

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by budaatum: 9:17pm On May 04, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

The moment you discover the difference between being childlike and childish will be the time you begin to see the light. At the moment you lack the fear of God and you need repentance. smiley
You are afraid because you are naked so you hide.

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:39pm On May 04, 2020
budaatum:

Look at who is talking. undecided

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:43pm On May 04, 2020
budaatum:

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:39pm On May 05, 2020
madegreatbygrace:

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by GodSaklek(m): 6:26am On May 06, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Of course, God personally wrote the Bible and handed it out to humans in a language they can understand. If you call on Him He will speak to you in accents clear and still. cool

U are a real foool

1 Like

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by madegreatbygrace(m): 9:13am On May 06, 2020
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=89231435]

You are right about this, and it is pretty obvious to everybody, even to the teenagers in my church . This is low level revelation.

How about the talking serpent in Genesis 3 and Elijah being transported to heaven ?

What about the hardening of Pharaoh’s heart, sir?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by madegreatbygrace(m): 9:41am On May 06, 2020
Or maybe you need to consider these two accounts:

“Again the anger of the LORD was aroused against Israel, and He moved David against them to say, “Go, number Israel and Judah.””
~‭‭II Samuel‬ ‭24:1‬ ‭NKJV

‬‬ “Now Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel.”
~‭‭I Chronicles‬ ‭21:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

I’m sure it’s clear to you who actually moved David to number Israel . God and satan have suddenly formed a tag team,right?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by madegreatbygrace(m): 12:06pm On May 06, 2020
While you’re at that, you can also explain to us why there’s only one mad man of Gadarene here:

“Then they sailed to the country of the Gadarenes, which is opposite Galilee. And when He stepped out on the land, there met Him a certain man from the city who had demons for a long time. And he wore no clothes, nor did he live in a house but in the tombs.”
~‭‭Luke‬ ‭8:26-27‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Yet this account says there’re two:

“When He had come to the other side, to the country of the Gergesenes, there met Him two demon-possessed men, coming out of the tombs, exceedingly fierce, so that no one could pass that way.”
‭‭~Matthew‬ ‭8:28‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

According to you, God personally wrote the Bible. Surely, God doesn’t make a mistake. My eyes must be playing tricks on me, eh?
Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:52pm On May 06, 2020
madegreatbygrace:

You are right about this, and it is pretty obvious to everybody, even to the teenagers in my church . This is low level revelation.

How about the talking serpent in Genesis 3 and Elijah being transported to heaven ?

What about talking serpents? undecided

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by madegreatbygrace(m): 6:34pm On May 06, 2020
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=89256587]

What about talking serpents? undecided

It seems i am being misunderstood. For the record, I am not an atheist. I am a child of The Most High.

First, the Genesis 3 account is a typology and should not be taken literally. The idea of a talking serpent is spooky, not because it wasn’t possible, but because it wasn’t necessary. The devil wasn’t speaking through a serpent, the devil was the serpent. Better still, the serpent is a representation of the devil. We see this in the book of revelation where the devil is constantly referred to as the serpent or dragon.

“So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.”
~‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;”
‭‭~Revelation‬ ‭20:2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Notice that phrase “serpent of old “.

The tree of life is not a tree, it is a person. A tree cannot give life.

“In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.”
‭‭~John‬ ‭1:4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

The tree of life is therefore Christ.

What about the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? That is a typology for the law or works. The fruit of a tree can not defile a man .

“Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.””
‭‭~Matthew‬ ‭15:11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Fruit symbolizes words

“A man’s stomach shall be satisfied from the fruit of his mouth; From the produce of his lips he shall be filled.”
~‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭18:20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So what then is the interpretation of the Genesis 3 account.

God preached the gospel ( tree of life) to Adam and Eve. They acted in unbelief and chose works (tree of the knowledge of the good and evil), via the temptation of satan. This is sin.
Sin leads to death.
Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:12pm On May 06, 2020
madegreatbygrace:

It seems i am being misunderstood. For the record, I am not an atheist. I am a child of The Most High.

First, the Genesis 3 account is a typology and should not be taken literally. The idea of a talking serpent is spooky, not because it wasn’t possible, but because it wasn’t necessary. The devil wasn’t speaking through a serpent, the devil was the serpent. Better still, the serpent is a representation of the devil. We see this in the book of revelation where the devil is constantly referred to as the serpent or dragon.

“So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.”
~‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;”
‭‭~Revelation‬ ‭20:2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Notice that phrase “serpent of old “.

The tree of life is not a tree, it is a person. A tree cannot give life.

“In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.”
‭‭~John‬ ‭1:4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

The tree of life is therefore Christ.

What about the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? That is a typology for the law or works. The fruit of a tree can not defile a man .

“Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.””
‭‭~Matthew‬ ‭15:11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Fruit symbolizes words

“A man’s stomach shall be satisfied from the fruit of his mouth; From the produce of his lips he shall be filled.”
~‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭18:20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So what then is the interpretation of the Genesis 3 account.

God preached the gospel ( tree of life) to Adam and Eve. They acted in unbelief and chose works (tree of the knowledge of the good and evil), via the temptation of satan. This is sin.
Sin leads to death.

Are you saying that the account of Adam and Eve in Genesis should not be taken literally? Is Adam a myth? undecided

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by madegreatbygrace(m): 7:57pm On May 06, 2020
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=89261104]

Are you saying that the account of Adam and Eve in Genesis should not be taken literally? Is Adam a myth? undecided

Adam was not a myth, neither was Eve. My explanation is clear enough, even to a 5-year-old .
Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by madegreatbygrace(m): 8:05pm On May 06, 2020
Moses wrote the book of Genesis.

He was not in the garden.

Apparently, the narrative was communicated to him through a vision.

In visions, types and symbols are used to represent words, thoughts, things and ideas.

He wrote this down the way he received it, apparently without understanding.

The man in Christ gives it the correct interpretation.
Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:32pm On May 06, 2020
GodSaklek:

U are a real foool

Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:30pm On May 06, 2020
madegreatbygrace:

You say it is low level revelation and yet you fall short of this basic knowledge. It is either you were not paying attention during Sunday school lessons or you were unfortunate to be nurtured by of those half baked teachers or ministries who do not know better. Let me take you back to basics as to where the Bible actually came from.

"...for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit" (2 Peter 1:21).

This verse states that the Bible came from holy men of God as I had implied to you earlier. God breathed into these holy men of God who were about 40 different writers over a long time and they wrote the Bible. These men lived different lifestyles and profession such as a Doctor, a farmer, a fisherman, a tax collector and so on. They came with different style of writing such as history, poetry and prophecy. It has many historical events concerning the beginning of this world in the book of Genesis and through the application of science we can confirm that God's account of creation is true. The astonishing thing about the holy Bible is that even though it was written by about 40 different people over a long time, it just has one message. Do you know the scarlet thread that runs through the Bible?

madegreatbygrace:

"So the donkey said to said to Balaam, "Am I not your donkey on which you have ridden, ever since I became yours, to this day[/color]? Was I ever disposed to do this to you?" (Numbers 22:30).

I hope you have been taught that we've been made in God's image, yes? I believe you can talk and communicate with other human beings who are also created in the image of God. I hope you also know that animals are not created in the image of God. In the Bible verse above we see that God opened the mouth of a donkey and it spoke. You need to know that God can use anything to convey His message as long as it will serve God's perfect will, even a donkey. Simultaneously God permitted Satan to use the serpent to disguise himself and tempt Eve.

madegreatbygrace:

I will be limiting my discourse to the topic at hand and not get distracted with the issues of Elijah and Pharaoh for now.
Re: Pat Robertson Again Asserts: "No Way Earth Is 6,000 Years Old" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33pm On May 06, 2020
madegreatbygrace:

Or maybe you need to consider these two accounts:

“Again the anger of the LORD was aroused against Israel, and He moved David against them to say, “Go, number Israel and Judah.””
~‭‭II Samuel‬ ‭24:1‬ ‭NKJV

‬‬ “Now Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel.”
~‭‭I Chronicles‬ ‭21:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

I’m sure it’s clear to you who actually moved David to number Israel . God and satan have suddenly formed a tag team,right?

Don't get distracted, stay on the topic. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. / Do You Believe in Infant Water Baptism? / Did God Create Adam As An Adult Or Was He First A Baby?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.