Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,485 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? (1787 Views)

As I grow Older....The Negative Impacts Of These Acts Starts Showing Up / Why Do Couples Look Alike As They Grow Older / WHEN Was The Moment You Realized That No One Gives A Fûck About You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Numero9: 6:14pm On Apr 28, 2020
Well, I've realized a few things in my early 20s. Most of us at some point in our lives were practically foolish only to learn through time (as we grow older) and experience. Mine below;

1. At 18, everybody craves for SeX. Some control thier urges till marriage, but the majority loose it along along the way (before marriage).

2. Everyone craves for appreciation and attention.

3. Seduction and flirting is fun, until someone unattractive is doing it to you.

4. With the increasing number of breakups in relationships, I think alot of people jump into it for selfish reasons.

5. If you give in your all in a relationship, you'd end up making the other person emotionally lazy!

6. Religion is man-made.

7. It's easier to find to find a girl/guy to flirt with. But difficult finding a partner to settle down with.

This are some of mine.....what's yours?

10 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by GodPunishCorona: 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
That nothing is permanent in life except God

9 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by GeneralPula: 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
There are short cut to success..

2 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by falcon01: 6:36pm On Apr 28, 2020
Few Things I learned while growing up
1. Most of the Things we where told as kids where nothing but Lies
2. Most of the Things taught In Religion are False
3. Hard work doesn't Guarantee success
4. Once you get some thing you worked for, it it loses value I.e you can't go through the effort and stress you went through the first time to get It again.
5. As An average Nigerian you will never have peace of mind Unless you become wealthy
6. Everything we do Revolves around money Without Money, theres no point in living
7. Life ain't no Fairy Tale once you are dead That's all
8. There is no Happy ever after (never)
9. No matter how Close you are with somebody they must feel jealous anytime you are one step above them
10. Luck Determines everything (hard work +luck=Success Been lazy+Luck=success)
11. We are smarter Than our parents

20 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Vector606: 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
I can’t even finish typing if I’m to say honestly, well per take in this Btc auto pilot method see my signature below, hit me up for help. I will give you my referal link and you instant get mega bonus this is why I’m putting people through it, so hit me up and start earning btc as soon as now.
Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Numero9: 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2020
falcon01:
4. Once you get some thing you worked for, it it loses value I.e you can't go through the effort and stress you went through the first time to get It again.
5. As An average Nigerian you will never have peace of mind Unless you become wealthy
6. Everything we do Revolves around money Without Money, theres no point in living
9. No matter how Close you are with somebody they must feel jealous anytime you are one step above them

So true

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Nomfanelo99(f): 7:12pm On Apr 28, 2020
I value peace and try by all means not to associate myself with toxic people.

10 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Zabiboy: 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2020

This four points sums up all i'v gathered..

1) Its not all about HARDWORK you simply have to be SMART cool

2) The world was one unit until religion came and separated us

3) KARMA.....KARMA is a BITCH

4) The pain of loosing, is nothing compared to the pain of not trying...

IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Olalan(m): 7:18pm On Apr 28, 2020
Trusting in God absolutely is the best decision you can make. Humans will fail but God wouldn't.
Never trust any human when it comes to money and sexual activities.......you'll be shocked what people can do or when money is involved and you'll also be shocked at what some persons are doing as regards their sexual activity

3 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by zionmde: 7:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
in life u are just on ur journey alone, nobody gives a damn about u. everybody is minding their business. So no need for "look at what my mates are doing" etc.
Also once you succeed, u will see people flocking around u, people that wouldnt have even cared about u wen u were struggling

4 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by placeofallure(f): 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
I know that family is number one. Can't trade mine for anything. My husband, my siblings, my parents..

I am wary of friends, they're full of jealousy. Don't lose your guards around them. For me, I no kukuma get friends. Don't have the energy to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Be prepared for the worst always because life happens. My hubby always calls me a strong woman.

In marriage, love alone is never enough. There will be stormy times that you need a massive strength of character to overcome. Love will only encourage you to start, can't finish the race for you.

Seek validation or endorsement from no one. Satisfy your conscience that you're doing the right thing. Everyone can tell right from wrong, so no excuse.

Be kind to people, a good deed has a way of coming back to find you.

Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Kaykay999(m): 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
I learnt a lot of things but i will just write down some
1)You can miss an opportunity for not expressing
yourself.
2) Man is the demon we read about in the Bible and Sunday school.
3)Real love only exists between mother and child.
(4) Money is everything, those who says money is not everything are either billionaires or foolish.
(5)Our parents will hid some truth from us because of religion stuffs and we will be affected in the future.
(6) Try to make your woman invest in you with money and sex
(7)Only you can save yourself

7 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by jojomario(m): 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
I realized youths can not be leaders of tomorrow in my dear country NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2020
.... Oro agba bi o se lowuro a se lojo ale..

The words of an elderly person even though it doesn't come to pass early it will eventually come to pass.

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Bbass1990(m): 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2020
Everybody is evitable no matter Hw close you are or they are to you,if u die life goes on.

I would journey this world but ones so live ur life to the fullest with caution.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Allaboutkatiee(f): 8:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
Numero9:
Well, I've realized a few things in my early 20s. Most of us at some point in our lives were practically foolish only to learn through time (as we grow older) and experience. Mine below;

1. At 18, everybody craves for SeX. Some control thier urges till marriage, but the majority loose it along along the way (before marriage).

2. Everyone craves for appreciation and attention.

3. Seduction and flirting is fun, until someone unattractive is doing it to you.

4. With the increasing number of breakups in relationships, I think alot of people jump into it for selfish reasons.

5. If you give in your all in a relationship, you'd end up making the other person emotionally lazy!

6. Religion is man-made.

7. It's easier to find to find a girl/guy to flirt with. But difficult finding a partner to settle down with.

This are some of mine.....what's yours?

Dont fall in love.

4 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by pich4real(m): 9:56pm On Apr 28, 2020
falcon01:
Your last statement struck me like lightning, indeed we are smarter but parents of this era will never agree. They still want us to follow their footsteps in achieving success forgetting the fact that change is permanent

2 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by pich4real(m): 10:01pm On Apr 28, 2020
placeofallure:
I know that family is number one. Can't trade mine for anything. My husband, my siblings, my parents..

I am wary of friends, they're full of jealousy. Don't lose your guards around them. For me, I no kukuma get friends. Don't have the energy to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Be prepared for the worst always because life happens. My hubby always calls me a strong woman.

In marriage, love alone is never enough. There will be stormy times that you need a massive strength of character to overcome. Love will only encourage you to start, can't finish the race for you.

Seek validation or endorsement from no one. Satisfy your conscience that you're doing the right thing. Everyone can tell right from wrong, so no excuse.

Be kind to people, a good deed has a way of coming back to find you.

Thank you.
Well said ma.

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Dreiwizzy: 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
Zabiboy:

This four points sums up all i'v gathered..

1) Its not all about HARDWORK you simply have to be SMART cool

2) The world was one unit until religion came and separated us

3) KARMA.....KARMA is a BITCH

4) The pain of loosing, is nothing compared to the pain of not trying...

IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW

No: 4 is gold

2 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Dreiwizzy: 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2020
Mental health is everything.

Family and personal worries has been a major factor for mental illness within young people. You might conclude that someone is not bright upstairs, not knowing he/she had millions of worries in their head. Some might be in class while their minds are reminiscing on love ones health. Imaging your mom has a fatal internal disease; how will you give your 100 percent to lectures? Mental health is something every country needs to campaign for; young people's future is rusting away.

Family orientation.

Most families today has rendered their children useless (unless miracle happens) they always suggest for their kids. Imaging withdrawing your kids from school just for them to start attending O'level lessons. That's why kids of nowadays will never do well in the tertiary institutions where they find themselves in. Why not allow your child to complete his/her education, what are you rushing?

3 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Jokerman(m): 10:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
1. Life na per head. All man for himself

2. Jesus is the only way to heaven

3. No one really cares about you except immediate family members

4. Someone must talk about you, either good or bad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
To leave your parents house once you're able to live independently and to start the dating game early...
Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by flokii: 10:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
I've learnt to take life easy as in easy o jeje, take it slow o.. I've made some big mistakes in the past that I'm not proud of.
Caring too much can be very costly.

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by excel1960(f): 10:37pm On Apr 28, 2020
Love shouldn't be forced, let things flow naturally
financial stability is very important to a woman because of eventualities

2 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by YngDenzel1: 10:39pm On Apr 28, 2020
Check My signature.
Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Godsonjolly: 10:47pm On Apr 28, 2020
:[ Even at my young age,
1. Life is nothing. Today u rich or poor, tomorrow we die. And all the wisdom and knowledge acquired fades away.
2. We already have sense organs, so no need for SENSE grin
3. The person you love so so much with your heart, will leave you someday. Either you accept it or not.
4. Grace level differs. Even some unbelievers have more grace than Christians. So pray for higher grace.
5. There's ntn in this world. What we fear most, will surely come and take us away.
6. Life is like yesterday. It won't repeat itself..
7. No one is greater. We all same esp in sight of God.
8. Never depend on anyone but God only.
9. Always love, respect, honour ur parents and do them well. They deserve all the credits.
10. We have a life of our own so use every single day you have wisely. Cos on the last day, you'll give account of it.
Finally, flee from immorality, fornication, adultery. It kills the human soul.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 28, 2020
Never date a poor lady

4 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 10:48pm On Apr 28, 2020
Here are some of the things I have learnt about life.

1. Don't expect people to be good to you because you are good and loving to them.

2. No one cares about you unconditionally except your parent or God.

3. Don't please man because you want their attention or their love.

4. Those who stood by you when u have little to nothing deserves everything once you have everything (Just your parent in most cases)

5. As a Nigerian, never put your hope on the government to give you the basic amenities you want. Instead, be your own government and continually work towards your success on a daily basis

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by white3663: 10:52pm On Apr 28, 2020
The mind is everything, sharpen, discipline and train it.

Nothing lasts forever both good and bad , so just enjoy the present.

Love everybody , but never sell your sword.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by alasan007(m): 11:29pm On Apr 28, 2020
1. Family is overrated even your Immediate family doesn’t love you unconditionally only your mom lives you unconditionally
2. Never let anyone decide for you only you know what’s best for you
3. Always put yourself first it’s not selfish it’s number one rule of survival
4. Don’t rely on your qualification alone hustle like a drop out
5. Relationship/marriage is overrated your comfort should always come first

2 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Briller: 11:38pm On Apr 28, 2020
I've learnt to live for myself and not to live to please people. Once my actions are in tandem with the Ten commandments, I'm good to go cause life has taught me you cannot solve the problems of the world.

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Rhuyie(f): 12:31am On Apr 29, 2020
Sirvingeo:
Never date a poor lady
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Advice Will You Give To Someone Falling In Love With You? / Sex Scandal By Two Police Officers With Pictures / ‘long-distance Skype Sex.’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.