Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,798 members, 7,831,583 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” (56753 Views)

Mob Kills Vigilante For Blasphemy In Abuja (Pictures) / Mubarak Bala, Pleads Guilty To Blasphemy, sentenced to 24 years imprisonment / Nigeria Police Arrest Acclaimed Atheist, Mubarak Bala, For Alleged Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by pressplay411(m): 9:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
quentin06:
Hmm Mubarak is an Arabic name, so he is Muslim.

Interestingly in this season of Islamic fast, they greet themselves Ramadan Mubarak, meaning blessed fasting.
You have to love the irony.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by bobolaga: 9:51pm On Apr 29, 2020
Is only Egypt that know the weight of Christianities from the beginning,before Islams, Egyptian has been in Abracadabra with God, they see powers from heaven above,the worse Christian is the best Egyptian not even Islam,no christian will fight,hate and kill each other,if some one decided not to practice christian faith,but you can,t do that in Islam that is operate like newly confrontations occult in Nigeria today like Eiye,Aye,no one will force you to join Godly religion,the fight between Christian and Islam is a jealousy fight,and fight of jealousy does,t end in time,if you are close to jealousy spirit just ask him questions says,what did this man has done to you,the answer will be is too proud and he behave as if is the only him God create.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by jikins(m): 10:21pm On Apr 29, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

No no. Sorry I won't agree with you on that. It's a tenet of Islam to fight jihads, gather slaves and kill infidels. Christianity has no such tenets. While Christians might have done some bad things it was surely not in the name of the religion. While Islam expressly asks its followers to kill in the name of Allah, Jesus left no such instruction.

Note that the matter of slavery is just like dat of doing something then using your beliefs to cover it up. They never said their religion asked them to do it. Some people steal in their workplace and quote "all things are mine". That's besides the fact that Americans referred to in the article were those against abolition of slavery who ultimately lost to the abolitionists. They were actually slaveholders who owned slaves but were not the traders or raiders themselves. I hope you can get the difference. It's like being asked to give up something you acquired at high cost which you're not willing to like say stolen goods.

Same for the Saxon wars. The historical hatred between the English and the Germans is well documented and didn't start with Christianity. The Germans refused to embrace Christianity which the English saw as an excuse to fight them. But it's an historical war of conquest not about Christianity like dat of uthman Dan fodio.

It is for that reason you see that down the years, core Christian states like in Europe and Americas have been more peaceful and liberal while Islamic states have remained a hotzone of wars and terrorism. It's about what you can call the tenets or building blocks.

Its all about perspective to be honest. But to say Christians haven't done bad things in the name of religion is just wrong. Lets not even talk about Christian and non believers. Do you know how many Christians the Catholic Church burnt after labelling them heretics. History is rich with Christians atrocities. Denial it or reframe it all you want. It is what it is.

See I don't a bone in this discussion. Its good to stand for religion, but standing blindly isn't something I support. In my opinion both have bad past. If you don't agree its fine let's agree to disagree. Have a nice night.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by MrCEO69(m): 11:02pm On Apr 29, 2020
HIbreed:
Christianity has done what Islam will never ever do when it comes to terrorism and killings .it just got reformed over time because the Europeans that invented got tired of it and it's nonsense.

The transatlantic slave trade was founded on Christianity. That's just one example of the evils of the religion and how it hurt and killed millions of people here in Africa.

Christianity did more worse in the 18th century and down.

I guess you do not know much about Christianity and its spread throughout the World.

In a bid to spread and convert people Christians killed millions of people.

Religion itself unleashes terror where ever it goes.

Seriously? U need to read more.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by SexytorresE(f): 11:22pm On Apr 29, 2020
Lamiri:
Sexy Atheist
smile . I mean no harms, just reason and ask questions that’s a all . Thank u
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by bobolaga: 11:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
see,what is going on now, In Madagascar, as a small country they have be able to make use of their herbs to fight corona virus,Nigeria NCDC are waiting for foreign nation for advises,if is to use human part for money making ritual Nigeria Alpha, Alihaji and imam will take first position,i am fully understand that some christian are desperate for money making rituals,but the final destination of human parts for rituals are Alpha,Imam and Alihaji.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Tonitoniton(m): 11:50pm On Apr 29, 2020
so, they have turned nigeria into an islamic state? people has been saying all manner of things about the christian God and no arrest made, why this one oooooo?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Zakiushenry: 11:51pm On Apr 29, 2020
Really proud to be a religion humanist, which believed in God without through any prophet of son.
HIbreed:

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020/04/28/nigerian-police-arrest-humanist-leader-mubarak-bala-for-alleged-blasphemy/
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:05am On Apr 30, 2020
Ausrichie:

Christianity brought what? Reading and writing is as old as time and Queen Mary killed people for the throne then went on to persecute Anglicans thousands were killed because of her. She got the name Bloody Mary because of that.
And Anglicans were not Christians? Was it not because she felt Anglicans did not want her on the throne being an illegitimate child? Stop mixing things up abbeg.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:14am On Apr 30, 2020
jikins:

Its all about perspective to be honest. But to say Christians haven't done bad things in the name of religion is just wrong. Lets not even talk about Christian and non believers. Do you know how many Christians the Catholic Church burnt after labelling them heretics. History is rich with Christians atrocities. Denial it or reframe it all you want. It is what it is.

See I don't a bone in this discussion. Its good to stand for religion, but standing blindly isn't something I support. In my opinion both have bad past. If you don't agree its fine let's agree to disagree. Have a nice night.

I get you. But you need to understand how these Muslims muddle things up in the effort to normalise the evil that goes on in the name of their religion.

Look at the transatlantic slave trade. What does that have to do with Christianity? Why lie that the Bible was used to justify it? Even the slaveholders who used the Bible to justify their atrocities were defeated using the same Bible. So why pick only that of the slaveholders because it suits your narrative.

The issue of heretics again, it was a Christian vs Christian matter. So I don't see how that concerns Muslims. But you'll see them jump on it

Besides most of these things happened eons ago and Islam was not any better then. so why make it look like Islam learned violence from Christianity? That hypocrisy needs to stop.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by thinkmoney(m): 12:14am On Apr 30, 2020
HIbreed:
Christianity has done what Islam will never ever do when it comes to terrorism and killings .it just got reformed over time because the Europeans that invented got tired of it and it's nonsense.

The transatlantic slave trade was founded on Christianity. That's just one example of the evils of the religion and how it hurt and killed millions of people here in Africa.

I guess you do not know much about Christianity and its spread throughout the World.

my brother, a thousand or more years before transatlantic slavery there has been transsahara. This slavery was perpetrated by Muslim's.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by johntolu: 12:15am On Apr 30, 2020
philip0906:

Valid! Good thing you've done is to admit that these alleged violence by christians, was from the 18th century and down

Now ask yourself this question: What changed in the 19th, 20th and 21st century? There are still over 2.3 billion christians in the world. What changed about christianity to make it more tolerant and not continue the alleged "killing spree" of the 18th century and down? What stopped the billions of christians in modern day, not to continue the alleged "terror unleash"?

That is the problem the other religion has. They have been killing since inception and are extremely intolerant of other religion and people. Till date, majority of the unrest and problem, is still tied to this religion.

You might have to travel to Islamabad to get answers to your questions. grin cheesy grin
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by luluman: 12:55am On Apr 30, 2020
HIbreed:

Oh, you just said christianity did all these in 18 century & below. Thank God they stopped, but has your own religion stopped?
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by luluman: 12:57am On Apr 30, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
Yellowba muislims sha
They are the problems of the west.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Bekool(m): 1:04am On Apr 30, 2020
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by bobolaga: 1:04am On Apr 30, 2020
christian is not fighting with guns and bombs,God knew how to guided cows that did not has tail,when a lot of flies surrounded the innocent cows,if you end up execute Bala,remember we did not fear those that can kill the body that can not kill the soul.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Lamiri(m): 1:07am On Apr 30, 2020
wink
SexytorresE:
smile . I mean no harms, just reason and ask questions that’s a all . Thank u
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 30, 2020
Firebomber:

You are the foolish one here for you to bring Christian dark age history to the useless act of your foolish Islamic brothers.
Since you want to be illogical and foolish bye.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 30, 2020
Firebomber:

You people will just come online to show your foolishness online, did you know what happen to anyone that talk against Islam even during Muhammad time? Did you know how many people,poet, scholars was murdered in cold blood together with there family just because they oppose Muhammad and didn't support Islam?

You people will just come online to say trash" Christianity is worst as if you know the history of other religion" and yes no body dispute the fact that Christianity have there dark past and they have leave it. So face your Muslim brother that are busy killing innocent people in the name of insulting there useless fake prophet.
I know the history more than you do so shut up. Who ordered most mass murders back then was it not the Christians just shut up and go and research you haven't even mentioned one single event.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

And Anglicans were not Christians? Was it not because she felt Anglicans did not want her on the throne being an illegitimate child? Stop mixing things up abbeg.
Eh that is not why guy haba go and read her Wikipedia page and do some research. What concerns a harmless Anglican and her throne she wanted The Catholic Church back in England simple.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by bobolaga: 1:23am On Apr 30, 2020
If Islam is good religion as they claim, i want them to do this for me to believed their claim,No 1,let them take the holy Quo ran and go for evangelism preaching and share the good news concern present of humanities on earth,No 2 they should not add F and F to it, it mean force and favour,it come to my notice that when you stay where Islams are in multitude you will be subject to forces and intimidation,but when they are few one,they will coming with a lot of favour,if you made a mistake i join then you will regret it later,and you can,t convert to other religion and have peace of mind,either you die all you pack out,christian is not like that,as our faces are different is the same our need are different and is a personal raise.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by spacechuks(m): 6:19am On Apr 30, 2020
HIbreed:

Get your fact right, slave trade was a white race initiative to get cheap labour . In a bid to preach the Christian gospel,never a time hounding mechanism was adopted.

Back to the topic, why should you Muslim fight for your dead god whom you bow down to worship, leave your god to fight for himself.

We Christian dont believe insulting Jesus will in any way undermine His power.more reason we dont give a damn even if you mutilate the bible also with the belive of living peacefully with a men

Finally, we have pleaded with you northern people to go your way and leave us in peace all to no avail, check it very well, we are different in all ramifications viz religion, way of life, name the least, the concept of unity in diversity will not work,

At last, northern Nigeria must go and leave us south alone, then the Muslim south west can choose to join the blood letting boko haram northern Nigeria or carve out their oduduwa republic.

If we continue to cohabit this way, Nigeria will never be a better place even in a hundred years to come because we are by default divided by religion and tribe.

My two cent

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:06am On Apr 30, 2020
Ausrichie:

Eh that is not why guy haba go and read her Wikipedia page and do some research. What concerns a harmless Anglican and her throne she wanted The Catholic Church back in England simple.
Mtcheew. Suddenly the Anglican church is harmless to you. Just because you want to push a narrative.
It's you who need to go and do some research. You can find out why the Anglican church came to be and how she ascended the throne. Don't be a dumbo
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by SharonLoveth(f): 9:04am On Apr 30, 2020
To Say The Fact, The Religion Of Kettle Doesn't Worth It.. Terrorism, Killing, Absence Of Peace, By Fire By Force, Etc Are All Key Concepts Of Islam..
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by cuteeme: 9:46am On Apr 30, 2020
readingokpara:
The blasphemy is against God let God handle it people must learn to allow God Judge certain things if someone insult you and you can't take sue the person to court.
You know, Allah needs to worship muslims, cos they always lay the laws and fight for him. My two cents.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by cuteeme: 9:49am On Apr 30, 2020
yrex01:
go n watch robin hood 2018. You'd b so ashamed of this write up after the movie which is all the fact bout u xtains. Hypocrites !!!!
Must you pass information in such bitter manner?, muslims and inferiority complex, ready to pull all their energies and stutter while making an argument.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by cuteeme: 9:53am On Apr 30, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
The question is what about if any body. Insult Jesus Christ which I no the person is playing with death
will Nigeria police be arrested

Am confuse

Hypocrites people everywere
Well if eventually we dnt hear anything about bala in consequent times after all this, prolly due to 'inhuman treatment', you guys should watch your back, its not only you people that love your prophet, we love ours very much, yet heads dnt roll unnecessarily. Similar punishment shud b given to those who blasphem against the son of GOD. Promote love and unity pls.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by cuteeme: 9:56am On Apr 30, 2020
Osidazz19:
[[s]quote author=PAGAN9JA post=88978931]The Religion of Peace must be BANNED from ALL NON MUSLIM countries.

This is what happens when muslims become majority!

This is the SECULAR NIGERIA WE ARE LIVING IN

If non muslims YOU DONT STAND UP in protest for his release, then, tomorrow will be YOUR TURN .

SAVE THE CONSTITUTION OF NIGERIA

SAVE THE SECULARISM OF NIGERIA

2 LAWS CANNOT FUNCTION UNDER 1 ROOF

SHARIAAH AND DEMOCRACY CANNOT GO HAND IN HAND.

I stand with my Hausa Brother and activist Mubarak Bala from Kano.

Save the last few intelligent people left amongst us.

Save this brave man who has spent years in a mental asylum by his own family for standing up for his rights to SPEAK WHAT HE WANTS.

#SaveMubarakBala
[/s]
Secularism? When your Governors in the SE are busy building churches and are under thr control of Christian religious leaders? SECULARISM my ass.

#IPOBHYPOCRISY
Just like urs do
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by yrex01(m): 10:00am On Apr 30, 2020
cuteeme:

Must you pass information in such bitter manner?, muslims and inferiority complex, ready to pull all their energies and stutter while making an argument.
ohhh, referring to him as hypocrite after called who we believe in names is a bitter manner? You just justified what I mean by HYPOCRITE !! Y'all are hypocrites !!
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by cuteeme: 10:12am On Apr 30, 2020
Osidazz19:

Google is your friend, use it. Just one quick fact- your fore fathers were enslaved and killed for over 300 years with convictions from the Bible. The white man used t he Bible to justify their enslavement of your forefathers which lead to the killing of millions over 300 years.
No religion has killed as much as Christianity, know the facts about your religion before you talk about others.

Pick up books and read or use Google to get the REAL history of your religion.
Hahaha always fast to introduce google. That same google has sorry stories about you guys too. Do you even know how google came to be?, the phones, television, bombs and modern equipments were they innovated by any muslim person. When they call astute individuals in modern technology, i scarcely see muslim names pls why is that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Pastor Nicolas Uagbor: "Daddy Freeze May Die Before Next Year". Freeze Replies / Apostle Johnson Suleman Gifts His Cook Of 10 Years A New House (Photos, Video) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.