Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” (56748 Views)

Mob Kills Vigilante For Blasphemy In Abuja (Pictures) / Mubarak Bala, Pleads Guilty To Blasphemy, sentenced to 24 years imprisonment / Nigeria Police Arrest Acclaimed Atheist, Mubarak Bala, For Alleged Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Kaybaba5(m): 5:11pm On Apr 29, 2020
This arrest is good cos my Muslim brothers are not smiling at all. This act can lead to unrest...

My opinion though
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by AMvanquish: 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2020
eni4real:
How exactly did I contradict myself??

Jesus never killed anyone for Religion course but Mohammed did!!!

That is the difference!!

You have not been able to justify the reason why a Nigerian should be punished because of his comment on an Arab Prophet tho!!!

Nigeria Law will not condone that in 21st century!!!

Why trying to separate Hitler and Christian Germans from crimes against humanity? They were Christians and responsible for millions of deaths.

King Leopold of Belgium, Christian , also responsible for an estimated 10 million deaths in Congo..

No Muslim in the world even comes close to these atrocities.
What is Bad is Bad.. Nobody stops the man from being an atheist, but to abuse and incite a religion is an abuse of freedom of speech. Why can't he just stay in his lane.. Past antecedents have never favoured inciters in the North. Some maybe cool and passive, some are not.

You are asking why should he be punished, Like seriously.
Please read Section 204 of Nigerian constitution and Section 204 of the Kano penal code. Both can be found online.

He violated the constitution. Simple as that, no stories.
If you feel Nigerian law will not condone such in this 21st century, please change the law, simple as that.

Bottom line , there is a violation of the constitution and people have taken it up. If you have a problem, go and change it. If not your just telling long stories here.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by ransomed: 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
Yellowba muislims sha
I am so sure you and those that shared and liked your laziness did not read the post
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Samuel1993(m): 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2020
HIbreed:
Christianity has done what Islam will never ever do when it comes to terrorism and killings .it just got reformed over time because the Europeans that invented got tired of it and it's nonsense.

The transatlantic slave trade was founded on Christianity. That's just one example of the evils of the religion and how it hurt and killed millions of people here in Africa.

Christianity did more worse in the 18th century and down.

I guess you do not know much about Christianity and its spread throughout the World.

In a bid to spread and convert people Christians killed millions of people.

Religion itself unleashes terror where ever it goes.
The transatlantic slave trade was done by both Christians and Muslims! Muslims most especially Arabs and fulanis captured the slave and sold them to the Christians.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Knight12345: 5:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
Backwardness religon and foolish naija police.how many times have you arrest those insulting christ.beasts of the nation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 29, 2020
AMvanquish:

Why trying to separate Hitler and Christian Germans from crimes against humanity? They were Christians and responsible for millions of deaths.

King Leopold of Belgium, Christian , also responsible for an estimated 10 million deaths in Congo..

No Muslim in the world even comes close to these atrocities.
What is Bad is Bad.. Nobody stops the man from being an atheist, but to abuse and incite a religion is an abuse of freedom of speech. Why can't he just stay in his lane.. Past antecedents have never favoured inciters in the North. Some maybe cool and passive, some are not.

You are asking why should he be punished, Like seriously.
Please read Section 204 of Nigerian constitution and Section 204 of the Kano penal code. Both can be found online.

He violated the constitution. Simple as that, no stories.
If you feel Nigerian law will not condone such in this 21st century, please change the law, simple as that.

Bottom line , there is a violation of the constitution and people have taken it up. If you have a problem, go and change it. If not your just telling long stories here.

Hitler was quoting a bible when he was killing right??

He was praying in Jesus name to justify his actions right??

Oversabi dey worry you!!!

This is 21st century!!! I don't expect anyone to defend the Barbaric action of punishing a Nigerian because of an Arab Prophet like you are doing right now!!

Your defence is too weak

Hitler never did for a a religion course!!!

Jesus Christ never killed anyone unlike Muhammed who was a warlord!!!

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by pieces18: 5:58pm On Apr 29, 2020
If this nonsense was said about Jesus / Christianity, naija police / lawyers won't say or do anything. But even at that, the Mubarak guy went too far. Personally I hate unnecessary argument. Believe whatever you want to, but you have to leave others who share different belief alone.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
Firebomber:

And Arab and Islam are saint back in time. Your stupidity is beyond repair
Did I say they were saints see how stupid you too are. Chai
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Go and read about Mohammed first before you decide who is hotter. Queen Mary was fighting for her throne not Christianity. The same Christianity brought reading and writing which you're enjoying now.
Christianity brought what? Reading and writing is as old as time and Queen Mary killed people for the throne then went on to persecute Anglicans thousands were killed because of her. She got the name Bloody Mary because of that.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2020
Firebomber:

Which Islam just dey show face? Did you read about the caliphate? Or is ottoman another peaceful war?

Your foolishness disgust human
Christianity was worse simple. Did you see the mode of confession back then? Did you know how many people were hanged for opposing Christianity? Did you hear of what they did to Galileo or the man before him that proposed a new structure of the cosmos? What about people wrongly accused of being sorcerers? People having deistic or pantheistic beliefs were killed too? Man back then Christianity was bad (Islam was bad too but not up to the rubbish the Roman Catholic Church did)
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 29, 2020
pasol4real:

What about the crusaders? Go check for the meaning of “the crusades “ it was only a war to recover Holy lands from Muslims. Simply put a war to recover the holy lands that were stolen or captured by Muslims.
So I wonder what is wrong in that.
Like Rome did not steal lands and persecute people. Wars are bad simple, they also killed heretics (people with different beliefs) Man simply put the Roman Catholic Church was the worst back then, things started getting better when England established the Anglican church, when people like Voltaire, Locke and some others spoke up.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by xfay(m): 6:26pm On Apr 29, 2020
This is a very very slippery slope undecided
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by MichaelKonda: 6:27pm On Apr 29, 2020
HIbreed:
Christianity has done what Islam will never ever do when it comes to terrorism and killings .it just got reformed over time because the Europeans that invented got tired of it and it's nonsense.

The transatlantic slave trade was founded on Christianity. That's just one example of the evils of the religion and how it hurt and killed millions of people here in Africa.

I guess you do not know much about Christianity and its spread throughout the World.

African christians are higly religious and Sub-saharan Africa has got christian majority.The fastest growing religion in Sub-saharan Africa is Pentecostal christianity.If African christians want arrest an atheist they can easy do this: https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/list-of-major-religions-in-africa/ar-AAB4Mbt

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by MichaelKonda: 6:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
Ausrichie:

Christianity was worse simple. Did you see the mode of confession back then? Did you know how many people were hanged for opposing Christianity? Did you hear of what they did to Galileo or the man before him that proposed a new structure of the cosmos? What about people wrongly accused of being sorcerers? People having deistic or pantheistic beliefs were killed too? Man back then Christianity was bad (Islam was bad too but not up to the rubbish the Roman Catholic Church did)
The fastest growing religion in Sub-saharan Africa isn't Catholic christianity.The fastest growing religion is Pentecostal christianity.Look the religion map of Africa and Nigeria: https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/list-of-major-religions-in-africa/ar-AAB4Mbt

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by MichaelKonda: 6:40pm On Apr 29, 2020
Myer:

Christians don't go as far as muslims true but religion breeds hatred and condemning people of other beliefs just the same. Let's no go into the discrimination of atheists offline in the society- at home, at school, at work etc.

Let's just be grateful we are in a more civilised era where religious power is minimised. The evil that has been committed in the name of religion is too gory to even highlight.

If it were possible for muslins to have Mubarak Bala executed without it making the press, he would have been long gone by now.
It's amazing how people can be educated and primitive at the same time. Muslims are following the orders of a dead man instructing them to kill anyone who does the exact same thing they did when the left their previous religion to become muslims.

To Christians supporting the treatment of Mubarak Bala just because he's an atheist be rest assured that it's the sane treatment to muslims that convert to Christianity. Execution according to Muhammad in the Quran.
The fastest growing religion in Africa is Pentecostal christianity: https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/list-of-major-religions-in-africa/ar-AAB4Mbt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Firebomber: 6:42pm On Apr 29, 2020
Ausrichie:

Did I say they were saints see how stupid you too are. Chai

You are the foolish one here for you to bring Christian dark age history to the useless act of your foolish Islamic brothers.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by AMvanquish: 6:47pm On Apr 29, 2020
eni4real:
Hitler was quoting a bible when he was killing right??

He was praying in Jesus name to justify his actions right??

Oversabi dey worry you!!!

This is 21st century!!! I don't expect anyone to defend the Barbaric action of punishing a Nigerian because of an Arab Prophet like you are doing right now!!

Your defence is too weak

Hitler never did for a a religion course!!!

Jesus Christ never killed anyone unlike Muhammed who was a warlord!!!

Religious arguements never end from my experience here on Nairaland. Suit your self.

And yeah oversabi dey worry you too.

Oga. Go and change the constitution if the thing dey pain you like that. Simple, not all this your stories.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by BuzChi(m): 6:51pm On Apr 29, 2020
The only major error you make here is that whatever you have said of Christianity is not what the Savior Yeshua and his disciples lived by, rather in their deaths salvation travelled deeper in the stony hearts of men. It is totally different from how the 'Holy Prophet' in Islam spread his own faith, which was more of 'obey or die'- very different from being a follower of Christ. The spread of Christianity in the times you have talked about was by people bent on political and selfish agendas, never about Christ Jesus and the Love of God. Man always wants to manipulate their fellow men through religion or politics..Do not try to be religious, being a devout muslim or christian or whatever, but try to understand the Love of God for yourself and God, who is Love, will visit you!!!

HIbreed:

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Poske95(m): 6:58pm On Apr 29, 2020
How the WHISPERER deceives many.
It's people being used to Satan's delight.
Haha!
Many shall gnash their teeth.
There is hope if you choose right.
I choose JESUS CHRIST.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by bolayei: 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2020
HIbreed:

Boss it was our own people that sold slaves to willing buyers. Try and research more on slavery in Africa and you will know that slaves already existed the whites only paid more than the slaves are worth to their African masters. If not for an Oba in Lagos that the British reinstalled on the condition of eradication of slavery, slavery would not have been eradicated when it did.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
AMvanquish:

Religious arguements never end from my experience here on Nairaland. Suit your self.

And yeah oversabi dey worry you too.

Oga. Go and change the constitution if the thing dey pain you like that. Simple, not all this your stories.
Which Nigerian constitution will kill a Nigerian citizen because of an Arab Prophet??

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Pelecius: 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2020
HIbreed:

What I advice you do is to be informed on what the Bible teaches (especially, what Jesus taught) and see if the events done by those 'Christians' are actually the same. An Aljazeera documentary recently showed that the Crusaders were not motivated by the scriptures, rather by their greed to establish 'colonies' in the middle east but only used religion as smoke screen.
So if they do what is contrary to what the bible teaches, that does not prove that 'Christianity' did it

Again, Christianity as shown by the early disciples was not spread through violence. They willingly endured persecution just to reach out to the unsaved. Even during the transatlantic slave trade, Missionaries died to disease just to reach out to the unsaved. Though one would not deny that the in medieval times, forced conversions happened but it can be easily seen they did not follow the teachings of Christ

Now you wrongly claim that slave trade was founded on Christianity, something that had started before the Europeans by the Arabs. On the other hand, it was men who were inspired by teachings of the scriptures that shows that all men are created equal by God. William Wilberforce is universally recognized as one of the main abolitionists responsible for ending the slave trade in England, and his writings stating that his Christian faith was instrumental in his beliefs is public record. Furthermore, his associates in the Clapham sect were similarly motivated by Christianity and their literal reading of the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by AMvanquish: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
eni4real:
Which Nigerian constitution will kill a Nigerian citizen because of an Arab Prophet??

Oh my God. undecidedWhere did I say / you see kill? Go and fuckin read the sections I quoted. Don't be forming woke here, it doesn't hurt to do a little research . After you would be shouting over Sabi and ordinary constitution you can't go and research.. Oga shift, I'm done with you.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by pasol4real(m): 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2020
Ausrichie:

Like Rome did not steal lands and persecute people. Wars are bad simple, they also killed heretics (people with different beliefs) Man simply put the Roman Catholic Church was the worst back then, things started getting better when England established the Anglican church, when people like Voltaire, Locke and some others spoke up.
So this is how you want to pay the Roman Catholic Church for helping Christians keep Christianity. Most of those wars were in defense of the Christian faith. Most of them sacrificed n died to keep the faith, in spite of all odds.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Kubernetes: 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2020
eni4real:
You cannot arrest a Nigerian because of his comment on an Arab Prophet!!

Muhammed was not a Nigerian!!! You can't use Nigerian Law to justify all this!!

Nigeria is not an Islamic country!!!

Bro,if he is an atheist,I expect him to keep his cook and allow believers to do their worship.He does not believe in God,so let him continue with his dogma and stop abusing those that believe in religion.He is stepping into our emotions and and human right.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Kubernetes: 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
Switch07:

It's not hate what's wrong is wrong you don't expect everyone to keep mute and let things go wrong, we don't have freedom of speech again criticism is want make us better wether (religion,individual or organisation) one way or the other....so you want them to kill bala for airing his opinion if your religion can't handle criticism or your Muhammad can't fight for himself you have to take a chill for crying out loud we're in the 21st century my simple advise for you is to allow ur God to fight for you

So because he does not believe in religion,he should abuse other people religion a d step into their human right and freedom to worship?What's wrong with u?
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by bobolaga: 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
This people are serving Muhamed they are not serving Allah,as we know before Allah mean God,that mean you have no right to take life of human made by God,i think when they have finally succeeded and frustrate or kill him for religion corrections,I think they will made another Mubarak Bala to replace him,except they wanted to carried Bala sins on their head as it was done in the days of Cain.there is different between corrections and blaspheme.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Myer(m): 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2020
MichaelKonda:

The fastest growing religion in Africa is Pentecostal christianity: https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/other/list-of-major-religions-in-africa/ar-AAB4Mbt

And this information is relevant to this post how?
Islam is the fastest growing religion in UK. Is that not an irony?
They gave Africa Christianity but now defecting to atheism and Islam.
Religion is a joke.

In a couple years, max decades, Africans might also realise what religion is.

But this thread is about freedom of belief. The same way you're allowed to be a Christian, let others have the freedom to choose their own beliefs. Man made religion, not God.
Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by EvangelistChuks(m): 8:55pm On Apr 29, 2020
HIbreed:

it shows you don't understand what Christianity means.Its a culture,a trait,a way of life,an attitude,it has order.Its the lifestyle of a Man: Jesus Christ.Anyone that lacks the trait be it the Pope is a chalatan.Christianity is an Order,i.e an exclusive club, the blood bought ones.You must be accepted in the beloved to be one.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by Cammo: 8:59pm On Apr 29, 2020
Why has Buhari not said anything about this? I know bigots like Akintola the MURIC leader will be asking for Bala's head.
Useless terrorists!

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” by GARBAUK: 9:01pm On Apr 29, 2020
Himmm, what a nation is this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Pastor Nicolas Uagbor: "Daddy Freeze May Die Before Next Year". Freeze Replies / Apostle Johnson Suleman Gifts His Cook Of 10 Years A New House (Photos, Video) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.