Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest (48716 Views)

Kaduna Gets NSCDC Rapid Response Squad To Checkmate Attacks On Schools / 428,941 Nigerians Got Cash In 24 States, 130,455 From Katsina – Minister / Amaechi Gets Highest Catholic Knights Promotion In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 30, 2020
Miracle1991:
which money? If you don't understand please call your grandma to explain to you.

Mmmm...Oga, na wa for you oh
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 30, 2020
Grgton:
we have oil nao, or is it Agricultural funds we gonna use?? lol

Ok....I thought they said it has finished.
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 30, 2020
ejibaba:

Ok....I thought they said it has finished.
no it's nva gonna finish, we pray it doesn't, else
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 30, 2020
Grgton:
no it's nva gonna finish, we pray it doesn't, else

Ok...Amen

1 Like

Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by seunmsg(m): 7:52am On Apr 30, 2020
Kudos to the office of the Auditor-General for the federation for pulling this through. We took up the challenge from the world bank and did a very open, honest and transparent ranking of the states without any form of influencing. Congratulations to all the states that got the loans. Hopefully, they will utilize it efficiently for the benefit of their people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by seunmsg(m): 7:57am On Apr 30, 2020
ignis:

Must the whole state suffer as a result of incompetency of their leader?
Remember the load by federal government will be paid by the entire Nigeria and will also affect states that didn't receive the grant.

Each states will pay back whatever they get.

6 Likes

Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by seunmsg(m): 8:04am On Apr 30, 2020
Mikehot:
As always northern affair while the south south would pay the loan with it's wealth.

The nairaland northern hypocrites won't be found in this kind of thread.

Alas i hope the one Nigeria sympathizers can now see that the loans of this country is specifically directed to favour north, but Niger Delta oil is for all Nigerians.

If the terrorist North was the one fueling this nation existence i guess we would all have been forced to become Muslims and killed for been parasites

The usual unintelligent response from hate filled bigots with little minds. Go back and read the news again. The criteria for accessing the loan were clearly stated and the ranking was done by the OAUGF in conjunction with world bank. Benefiting states will pay back the loans and not FG.

10 Likes

Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by baristeredme: 9:51am On Apr 30, 2020
watching with 3D
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by Jones4190(m): 9:51am On Apr 30, 2020
In 1720, a ship was quarantined at the port in Marseille because a strange infection was killing people on the ship.

Deputy Mayor of Marseille lifted the quarantine to “help economy”.

100,000 people died.
More than half of Marseille died.
This was the Great Plague of Marseille.

The govt of Marseille felt they could not afford to lose all the valuable goods on the ship as it will destroy the economy.

As they lifted the quarantine and moved the goods into the city of Marseille, they moved in the infection.

More than half of Marseille citizens died.

Marseille is a major port city in the south of France. Just as Lagos in the south of Nigeria.

By the end of the Great Plague of Marseille, the city of Marseille had 50,000 dead people (out of a total 90,000 population back then).

That is like 10million people dying in Lagos.

The ship left Sidon in Lebanon, picked up people at Tripoli, and Cyprus which already had infection outbreak.

A Turkish man on the ship got infected first and died, then several sailors died. The ship’s surgeon also died.

As the ship got to Marseille,
Doctors quarantined it.

Now because Marseille had a very huge trading arrangement with “Levant” (a term for countries like Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Cyprus, Turkey, Israel, Jordan, and Palestine); the govt was convinced by businessmen that the quarantine on the ship has to be removed and the goods released.

Some powerful businessmen led by the deputy mayor of Marseille (who was also the owner of the ship) convinced his friends in government to release the quarantine. Some merchants needed the cotton and silk cargo on the ship to do business for the upcoming festival in Beaucaire.

It was only a matter of days later.
The infection broke out in the whole of Marseille.

People started dropping dead.
They died so much there was no longer graves to bury them.

Dead bodies littered the streets of Marseille. Till date, the people of Marseille remember this story.

Apparently what happened was:
The govt tried to be clever.

They told themselves “we will only move the silk and cotton on the ship into the city but not the infected people on the ship”.

Lol. In moving the goods, they unknowingly moved infected rats which then infected people.

As people got infected, they infected one another. At a point, the govt of France built a wall to stop Marseille from infecting the rest of the country.

But it was late.

10,000 people from Marseille already ran into neighbouring cities. 50,000 people died outside of Marseille.

The Great Plague of Marseille lasted about 3 years. Those were horrible years in Marseille and in France.

Hospitals got overwhelmed.
Residents fleeing their homes.
Dead bodies lying and decaying on the streets.

As the infection then spread,
Nobody cared anymore about “economy”.

I hope you learnt something.

The Great Plague of Marseille is a huge warning to governments never to prioritise the “economy” ahead of human lives and public health. It can be a very costly mistake.

We can always rebuild the economy.
But we can never revive the dead.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:51am On Apr 30, 2020
So how will I collect my own.
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by farem: 9:51am On Apr 30, 2020
Don't be carried away by the caption KATSINA LOWEST.
It is because the whole amount is paltry (43 billion).

The day they will share one Trillion, Katsina will to its number one position.
Fulani get sense
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by Timmi: 9:53am On Apr 30, 2020
GRANT! GRANT!! GRANT!!! Some people lack the capacity to read and comprehend.

4 Likes

Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by omojesu202(m): 9:53am On Apr 30, 2020
life is not a bed of roses, rather it's filled with thorns.
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by ABlAstate: 9:54am On Apr 30, 2020
Abia state should use their share to remove filth that's littered all over Abia state particularly Aba. Let's not talk about ravaged dilapidated roads yet.

1 Like

Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by coolfredo(m): 9:55am On Apr 30, 2020
Ok
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:56am On Apr 30, 2020
More money for Governors. Meanwhile sub your Dstv and Gotv from home and contact us for any issues.
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by Olathunji010(m): 9:57am On Apr 30, 2020
Good to hear that if all the governors doesn't loot it as usual.....
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by just2endowed: 9:57am On Apr 30, 2020
Olominira:

Yes, Lagos is missing because there's no enough transparency. This is how nations develop. It's not about big money alone but accountability. Seems World Bank is waking up to these African leaders recently. They borrow, mismanage and get citizens into unnecessary debt crises

I guess sonwolu couldn't give account of Lagos books.

1 Like

Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by GreatResearcher: 9:58am On Apr 30, 2020
Sammy07:
On the Eligibility Criteria (EC), the minister said that States had to meet in order to be eligible to receive any grants included: the online publication of the approved annual budget and audited financial statement for the previous year.

The 24 states were said to have achieved: improved financial reporting and budget reliability; increased openness and citizens’ engagement in the budget process; improved cash management and reduced revenue leakages through the implementation of State Treasury Single Account (TSA); strengthened Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) collection; biometric registration and Bank Verification Number (BVN) used to reduce payroll fraud.

The 24 beneficiary states who were: Abia, Adamawa, Bauchi, Benue, Delta, Edo, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Niger, Ondo, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Sokoto, Taraba and Yobe states.

What's happening to SE and SS now...
They didn't met the criteria

Even Lagos isn't there.

I don't know why you guys don't read.
Are you an illiterate??

At least the post isn't lengthy, just 5mins of your time you'll understand what is written up there.
Is Abia not SE? Edo is not in SS?
Enugu isn't SE?
bunch of illiterates everywhere

3 Likes

Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by motionarena: 9:58am On Apr 30, 2020
As long as nothing enter my pocket then nothing was shared
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by Japheth17: 10:00am On Apr 30, 2020
Please any nairalander staying around iba in ojo lagos?
I need help, not money or foodstuffs. I need someone willing to teach me a skill, I'm tired of being broke and useless. I'm very depressed because I feel I'm not progressing in life. I just need someone willing to teach me go to fish. Please help me
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by tosine102: 10:00am On Apr 30, 2020
abeg if north and south go their ways who go pay

Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 30, 2020
Sammy07:
On the Eligibility Criteria (EC), the minister said that States had to meet in order to be eligible to receive any grants included: the online publication of the approved annual budget and audited financial statement for the previous year.

The 24 states were said to have achieved: improved financial reporting and budget reliability; increased openness and citizens’ engagement in the budget process; improved cash management and reduced revenue leakages through the implementation of State Treasury Single Account (TSA); strengthened Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) collection; biometric registration and Bank Verification Number (BVN) used to reduce payroll fraud.

The 24 beneficiary states who were: Abia, Adamawa, Bauchi, Benue, Delta, Edo, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Niger, Ondo, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Sokoto, Taraba and Yobe states.

Even Lagos isn't there.

Are you an illiterate??

At least the post isn't lengthy, just 5mins of your time you'll understand what is written up there.
you are the illerate who failed to go deep on the main source of the write up, it's actually a loan/grant that obviously isn't free but doled out to the north for Niger Delta to pay
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by GreatResearcher: 10:02am On Apr 30, 2020
ignis:

Must the whole state suffer as a result of incompetency of their leader?
Remember the load by federal government will be paid by the entire Nigeria and will also affect states that didn't receive the grant.
Is it that you are having comprehension problem or you're just being a hypocrite?

1 Like

Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 30, 2020
Sammy07:
[s]On the Eligibility Criteria (EC), the minister said that States had to meet in order to be eligible to receive any grants included: the online publication of the approved annual budget and audited financial statement for the previous year.

Even Lagos isn't there.

Are you an illiterate??

[/s]
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 30, 2020
Sammy07:

Even Lagos isn't there.

Are you an illiterate??

Lagos and Anambra in particularly are notorious for not publishing their financial figures. That is a key requirement for this grant.

Nobody is going to give you a grant when you are very secretive about how you spend the money you have.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by mrwinner(m): 10:04am On Apr 30, 2020
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by Ventura1: 10:04am On Apr 30, 2020
I knew Lagos can never make the list, Tinubu truncate transparency and accountability from governance and it has remain the same.
Nobody knows details of Lagos budget.

Lagos is home to progressive thieves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by sapientia(m): 10:05am On Apr 30, 2020
The criteria to be eligible is commendable.

Nice one.

1 Like

Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by Havertz(m): 10:05am On Apr 30, 2020
But i can't find my state oooh
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by YoungAncient1: 10:08am On Apr 30, 2020
Judging by the loans we have been receiving (irrespective of whatever title it goes by) I doubt if we still have a country left assuming the loan givers chooses to receive repayment in terms of territories.

May my grand children not be born in another man's country in their ancestral land.
Re: FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:08am On Apr 30, 2020

If it is the bolded, Wike took last.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ISWAP: We Killed 11 Christians On Christmas Day To Avenge Al Baghdadi's Death / Peter Obi Offered Me Money To Support Him, I Rejected It — Deji Adeyanju / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Buhari In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.