Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug (76910 Views)

Nigeria Using Remdesivir To Treat COVID-19 Patients - Ehanire / Remdesivir: Trump Wants FDA To Quicken Its Approval For COVID -19 Treatment / COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by tonididdy(m): 8:37am On May 01, 2020
Religious and ethnic bigots chanting yoloba and Igbo Amaka.
This two ethnic groups are one of the biggest problems of Nigeria.
The solution to this country Is a total disintegration into bits, I mean bits at least 5parts
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by bigfish3k: 8:55am On May 01, 2020
Gracchus:
See who is talking about betrayal, the Sam GEJ we voted for in 2011 and see how he paid us back, the thread below explains it all, many folks even celebrated Yoruba marginalization then yet they are now crying about marginalization today.
https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan
Your purported marginalization by the GEJ administration is just your usual media propaganda.
Jonathan never marginalized yorubas, you also forgot that a Yoruba man just left power after serving for 8yrs which most things and positions were appropriated to the yorubas. So to be fair , other tribes need to be given a chance. So you people should stop using that as an excuse for your betrayals
Why are you people not also mentioning that jagaban marginalized you people by allotting the speakership to the north as against a Yoruba person that Jonathan proposed. Jagaban asked all yorubas in the house to vote against a fellow yoruba because he doesn't want any other
Yoruba leader to spring up apart from him

As can be seen that all your media propaganda against Jonathan has been busted with the ineptitude of this current government

At least I know that the chief of Air staff amongst many others is a Yoruba man in Jonathans government
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by 9jaRealist: 8:56am On May 01, 2020
goshen26:
Wow..... From UI

They get trained here and flee Nigeria because of bad governance.

I am privileged to work in a health sector of the state, and I know how Doctors complain bitterly about the ill treatment Nigeria system is giving them, most of them usually tell me how they intend leaving the country should any slight opportunity surface.

Even nurses are not left behind, they recount number of friends that have left to UK, and are enjoying the profession there

People are taking exams to emigrate abroad while still in Nigerian medical schools...

People emigrate for 3 principal reasons: (1) MONEY, MONEY, MONEY; (2) better professional training, facilities and work environment; and (3) good education and environment for the kids and family. Reality is Nigeria is simply unable be able to match the US, UK or Canada (the favorite destinations) in these areas. Even doctors from the UK, Canada and Australia emigrate to the US for some of the same reasons.

On the other hand, there are some doctors who are bringing their foreign experience and expertise back to Nigeria (especially those at that stage of life that their kids have left the home) to invest/work in the PRIVATE sector, because in a badly-underserved healthcare system such as Nigeria’s there will always be massive financial opportunities for those willing to take the risk to plug some of the yawning gaps!
>

1 Like

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by 9jaRealist: 8:59am On May 01, 2020
goshen26:
Wow..... From UI

They get trained here and flee Nigeria because of bad governance.

I am privileged to work in a health sector of the state, and I know how Doctors complain bitterly about the ill treatment Nigeria system is giving them, most of them usually tell me how they intend leaving the country should any slight opportunity surface.

Even nurses are not left behind, they recount number of friends that have left to UK, and are enjoying the profession there

It’s much HARDER work abroad (and require much better bedside manners grin and client service), but much better PAY...
>
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Qwertychiva: 9:01am On May 01, 2020
coward na doctor dey make research for drug or lab scientist. doctor Na to treat. remdesivir na Ebola drug chemist don research on am
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Qwertychiva: 9:03am On May 01, 2020
shigoslim:
Na Aboki spoil Nigeria with their born to rule mentality. That is why we are where we are today .
If only Yoruba can wake up we could have gone far by now but their own side of greediness is killing us .
coward na doctor dey make research or lab scientist. make dem nor feed una ego
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Tmb78(m): 9:04am On May 01, 2020
bigfish3k:

Igbos left nigeria main stream governance since 1970. Remember that Nigeria had its hay days when igbos were in the mainstream
Nigeria started eroding from 1970's upwards

My question is, why is nigeria now a shithole under hausas and yorubas
Answer the questions I asked your sister first,then I will answer yours.
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by KingAzubuike(f): 9:06am On May 01, 2020
Kingspin:
Yoruba cannot wake up because they are not looking at the big picture but as far as the East is left out. They are ok.
Yeah just 4 days recovery interval.
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by j1mmy: 9:07am On May 01, 2020
Most of the time when you hear positive news about Nigeria the people are not IGBOS, when you hear negative news they are mostly IGBOS!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Basic123: 9:10am On May 01, 2020
Qwertychiva:
coward na doctor dey make research or lab scientist. make dem nor feed una ego
Why are you so Ignorant? grin

2 Likes

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by ijayaone: 9:14am On May 01, 2020
seguno2:

Why are Africans not collecting it then?
Are you smart enough to answer
they are playing politics with dis virus man,they dont want it to end yet lman,most the countries.
if you are smart to understand
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by QMNIX: 9:18am On May 01, 2020
A good one, not just because a Nigerian born doctor is leading the major study on the antiviral drug Remdesivir for the COVID 19 and that the world seems to now have a hold of the pandemic.

1 Like

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by teepain: 9:19am On May 01, 2020
kikero:

1.First, quota system won't apply in this kind of issue.

2.The problem with Nigeria is funding for research of this kind is not available due to limited funding for education and health, and due to the private sector not being large enough to fund such projects.(And a big part of the reason why is because Nigerians are not ready to pay for good education and health care, or to run the type of economy that would fund good education and healthcare)

3.If you notice, he is doing his research not under the auspices of the US government, but under the auspices of a private drug company, and a private university, thus quota system won't apply. Some funding comes from the government though

Very brilliant submission!

Nigerians would rather use their money to vote for BBN and the private companies would rather sponsor shows like BBN because that is what the Nigerian viewing community wants.

1 Like

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Tmb78(m): 9:21am On May 01, 2020
tonididdy:
Religious and ethnic bigots chanting yoloba and Igbo Amaka.
This two ethnic groups are one of the biggest problems of Nigeria.
The solution to this country Is a total disintegration into bits, I mean bits at least 5parts
I just laugh when I see supposedly 'neutral' people like you typing shit like this.
We see through your Bullshit tongue
You do realise your past posts depicting YOU too as an ethnic bigot are not hidden, right?
Even typing Yoruba as 'yoloba' in all your comments every time here says a lot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Nobody: 9:31am On May 01, 2020
Reason why Nigeria is at the BOTTOM of the LEAGUE - Tribalism and Religious Bigotry
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by MoIbrahim: 9:39am On May 01, 2020
Yoruba Amaka.

Mazi Kanu must hear about this problem grin

2 Likes

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by KGREAT(m): 9:52am On May 01, 2020
shigoslim:
Na Aboki spoil Nigeria with their born to rule mentality. That is why we are where we are today .
If only Yoruba can wake up we could have gone far by now but their own side of greediness is killing us .
Until we disintegrate Nigeria will continue to grow from bad to worse.

1 Like

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by bigfish3k: 9:54am On May 01, 2020
Tmb78:
Answer the questions I asked your sister first,then I will answer yours.
You igbos can't keep deflecting.
We voted for atiku because you people boxed us to that corner. We had no option that is realistic again after you people betrayed the south in 2015 when the south was represented by jona and the north was represented by PMB

In the case of last elections we had only two fulanis as realistic representatives which was caused by you people.
We had to choose the lesser evil but you people went for the greatest evil as being witnessed by recent events.
Actually you people boxed us into it
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by kingsclass: 10:05am On May 01, 2020
Greatest Uites leads,others follow.

2 Likes

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Thenorth(m): 10:08am On May 01, 2020
bigfish3k:

So am I the one that divided nigeria into WAZOBIA , the north is equals hausa
If hausa like let them be giving their slot to the fulanis... Na them Sabi, they are all one, that's why call them the Hausa /fulani hegemony. You people operate the same ideology
wtf...
why would I waste my energy in trying to explain something to a blindfolded and brainwashed individual like you
And thanks for the exposing of your ignorance in a public online platform like this...

2 Likes

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by seguno2: 11:06am On May 01, 2020
ijayaone:

they are playing politics with dis virus man,they dont want it to end yet lman,most the countries.
if you are smart to understand

In short, “they” are smarter than you.
Okay. Thanks. Clap for yourself.
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Seebrian(m): 11:07am On May 01, 2020
Effect of brain drain.
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by ijayaone: 11:36am On May 01, 2020
seguno2:

In short, “they” are smarter than you. Okay. Thanks. Clap for yourself.
what are you saying dawg,stop confusing urself go straight to d point
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by Eagleword14(f): 11:42am On May 01, 2020
Nice one......keep making us proud sir.
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by AdaoraNK(f): 11:53am On May 01, 2020
bigfish3k:

If igbos in PH join, then we are not landlocked
Hope you know that PH has a sea port and igbos own PH

Do you know that igbos are scattered in all other states just to reduce our strength and unity. Forming yeye yeye theories of how they are not igbos.
Imagine yorubas and hausas forming theories and explaining how a chukwuma, ngozi and uchenna in rivers state, delta state, edo state, kogi state, benue state, cross river and akwa ibom states are not igbos
They just scattered them into bits in those states to become minorities and to reduce the strength of the igbos
You people should just leave old south east alone. It is not our making that we are with the ijaw and urhobos. We did not make them our neighbors ourselves. It came naturally. Stop being jealous

Don't them, as if they don't have yoruba in Kwara and Kogi states.
And when you hear them speak about the yoruba nation.,they include others in those two states. They don't hate igbos but they fear their domination in terms of prosperity.

Make I no talk further.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by LegendHero(m): 12:28pm On May 01, 2020
bigfish3k:

Igbos left nigeria main stream governance since 1970. Remember that Nigeria had its hay days when igbos were in the mainstream
Nigeria started eroding from 1970's upwards

My question is, why is nigeria now a shithole under hausas and yorubas

This is a blatant lie. Igbo never left main stream since 1970. They returned to be part of the government with the North until 1999.

Alex Ekueme was Vice President under Shagari for more than 4 years before Buhari truncated the regime.

Ojukwu campaigned openly for Shagari in the 1983 elections and you wouldn’t tell me you are not part of the mainstream then.

The military controlled most of the other years during those period and only one Yoruba was military president and that’s OBJ. He came due to the death of his principal and he willingly returned power to a democratic government which an Igbo man became the vice.

Go and read your history, the Yorubas have always been in opposition since 1960. We only reached the mainstream in 1999 with Obasanjo even tho we wanted Falae and most times OBJ is an unwanted king to us.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by LegendHero(m): 12:38pm On May 01, 2020
bigfish3k:

We voted for atiku because you people boxed us to that corner. We had no option that is realistic again after you people betrayed the south in 2015 when the south was represented by jona and the north was represented by PMB

In the case of last elections we had only two fulanis as realistic representatives which was caused by you people.
We had to choose the lesser evil but you people went for the greatest evil as being witnessed by recent events.
Actually you people boxed us into it

You voted for Atiku because you have always voted for Fulanis since the inception of Nigeria.

—In the infant stage of Nigeria, you formed a government with the Balewa government at the detriment of the other south.

—1979, You formed a government with Shagari even when Awolowo was on the ballot- did the Yorubas scream betrayal?

—1983, you voted Shagari again against Awolowo and even Ojukwu campaigned openly for Shagari - Yorubas just forge on

—1993, you voted majorly for Tofa against a fellow southerner MKO- the Yorubas don’t scream betrayal

—1999, you voted for OBJ (favored mostly by the North) and neglected Falae the Yoruba choice

—Yoruba only voted the Northerner in 2015 and you Igbos started crying over the media of betrayal. What betrayal? Is it not a democracy anymore?

Is it only southern unity when the Igbos dictate the terms? Where is the acclaimed southern unity since 1960?

Igbos are the greatest hypocrites in Nigeria. I have always told the Yorubas on here never to succumb to your pity tactics. We won’t pity you and by God grace in 2023, we Yorubas will vote our preferred candidate.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by LegendHero(m): 12:47pm On May 01, 2020
AdaoraNK:

Don't them, as if they don't have yoruba in Kwara and Kogi states.
And when you hear them speak about the yoruba nation.,they include others in those two states. They don't hate igbos but they fear their domination in terms of prosperity.

Make I no talk further.

Prosperity you say? Which area has the Igbo ever bested the Yorubas? Why should we fear the prosperity of the Igbos when we have always lived independent of them.

If not for Nigeria and the law that creates free movement of citizens, do you think the Yoruba will ever know a tribe exists called Igbos.

The great Yoruba tribe have no equal in Nigeria and we are only in competition with ourselves. Our allegiance is only to God and the Yoruba honor.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by kasim155: 12:50pm On May 01, 2020
Re: Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug by kasim155: 1:00pm On May 01, 2020
LegendHero:

Prosperity you say? Which area has the Igbo ever bested the Yorubas? Why should we fear the prosperity of the Igbos when we have always lived independent of them.

If not for Nigeria and the law that creates free movement of citizens, do you think the Yoruba will ever know a tribe exists called Igbos.

The great Yoruba tribe have no equal in Nigeria and we are only in competition with ourselves. Our allegiance is only to God and the Yoruba honor.

Please stop arguing with them. That is how most of them are, they always see other tribes as nothing whereas most of them will now be shouting marginalization. Though there some few among dem who see n feel every tribes are equal.
Please don't argue with dem.
Thank you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Angel Of Death: Dr. Josef Mengele, The Deadliest Doctor In Medical History. / Full Weight Loss Guide (read This If You Want To Lose Weight) / Why People ‘glue Together’ During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.