Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) (14819 Views)

So Tecno And Infinix Are Meant For Africans / Twitter User Mocks Tecno And Itel Phones, Gets Savage Reply / Which Has A Better Camera Quality In Terms Of Pictures Between Tecno And Infinix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Crownedjon: 12:04pm On May 02, 2020
edoairways:

You don't have to like my post.Real market is different from online market
say what you want bro

It is irrelevant
By the way there are little to no people buying phone in Mass now
Just incase you didn't know

1 Like

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by sunshineV(f): 12:16pm On May 02, 2020
edoairways:

You don't have to like my post.Real market is different from online market

But here u are defending "online market"

You're just insecure. Transsion days are numbered and you can taste it

4 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by ZesusHVWritter(m): 12:46pm On May 02, 2020
atheistandproud:

Not good.
How can I help to get your writeup to twitter sir?
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by edoairways: 1:27pm On May 02, 2020
sunshineV:

But here u are defending "online market"

You're just insecure. Transsion days are numbered and you can taste it
You are defending online market as well
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by edoairways: 1:27pm On May 02, 2020
Crownedjon:
say what you want bro

It is irrelevant
By the way there are little to no people buying phone in Mass now
Just incase you didn't know
You are not in the gsm market so don't say what you don't know
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Chuksteric(m): 1:52pm On May 02, 2020
Crownedjon:
I really pitied knggeezys end...
More like Chester and the rest of dem that dwell in deceit and feeding on gullible Nigerians
What they are doing is more like using a blind girls to their advantage to rape her
Edoairways,gayconcept2 and the rest of them...
They'll soon be sacked and be begging for money like knggezy

2 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Chuksteric(m): 1:56pm On May 02, 2020
Please let's all stop responding to the troll.. He's either paid to act stupid or he is actually stupid shalom my brothers.. Years from now all this will be documented on the path to technological enlightenment and advancement of our backward country

3 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by sunshineV(f): 2:55pm On May 02, 2020
edoairways:

D problem is not with me.... U care about real market but u have problem with people that care about online market

You're insecure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by atheistandproud(m): 3:09pm On May 02, 2020
Chuksteric:
Please let's all stop responding to the troll.. He's either paid to act stupid or he is actually stupid shalom my brothers.. Years from now all this will be documented on the path to technological enlightenment and advancement of our backward country

I have already stopped responding. He cannot prove that Transsion has the cheapest phones on the market anymore at all mobile tiers so he's resorted to non sequitur arguments.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Crownedjon: 3:09pm On May 02, 2020
edoairways:

You are not in the gsm market so don't say what you don't know
yen yen yen grin

2 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Chuksteric(m): 4:06pm On May 02, 2020
atheistandproud:

I have already stopped responding. He cannot prove that Transsion has the cheapest phones on the market anymore at all mobile tiers so he's resorted to non sequitur arguments.
imagine camon X 11 12 15.. all same processors.. very uninnovative company!! Same device different bodies

2 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Edopesin: 4:14pm On May 02, 2020
Chuksteric:
imagine camon X 11 12 15.. all same processors.. very uninnovative company!! Same device different bodies
I tell you bro, different names, different prices but the same thing

2 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Crownedjon: 5:48pm On May 02, 2020
Edopesin:

I tell you bro, different names, different prices but the same thing
local man is in tears

2 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Edopesin: 8:54pm On May 02, 2020
Crownedjon:
local man is in tears
brother cry
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Crownedjon: 9:13pm On May 02, 2020
Edopesin:

brother cry
chief of Edo people

Not one other one practicing withcraft

3 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by atheistandproud(m): 10:30pm On May 02, 2020
Crownedjon:
chief of Edo people

Not one other one practicing withcraft

AeroBenin

2 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by atheistandproud(m): 3:02am On May 03, 2020
Na wa na wa

1 Like

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Crownedjon: 4:35am On May 03, 2020
atheistandproud:

AeroBenin
kiss I wasn't here
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Edopesin: 6:46am On May 03, 2020
atheistandproud:

AeroBenin
grin
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by directonpc(m): 7:55am On May 03, 2020
Maybe Tecno sells their customer service as a premium. They have better support than Samsung sef. Not to talk of xiaomi, and Nokia.
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Crownedjon: 8:24am On May 03, 2020
[s]
directonpc:
Maybe Tecno sells their customer service as a premium. They have better support than Samsung sef. Not to talk of xiaomi, and Nokia.
[/s]
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:56am On May 03, 2020
directonpc:
Have you been to carlcare?
I went there in 2014 and 2018.

In 2014, my tecno m3 bricked while I was on WhatsApp plus, this was so shocking to me then because I couldn't understand how a phone I was chatting on, hanged then bricked. I didn't know then how Tecno sourced for thier inferior parts but sell to an average user for a premium price.

I went to the premium carlcare you are talking about, it took 32 days for my bricked Tecno m3 to be fixed. Something that won't take 25minutes to be done by a roadside technician.
The long wait is the premium service.

In 2018 my infinix hot note pro battery began to swell inside pushing the back of the phone up... I took the phone to carlcare.
The attendant at carlcare said they don't have the replacement battery, when I enquired on when they were going to have it his reply was "I don't know", he was disproving and uninterested in attending to the device it felt like I was asking him a favor. I left carlcare with prayers and heavy heart hoping to never go back there, ironically I bought the infinix note 3 pro before going to carlcare. Low and high, I got a replacement battery for my aging infinix hot note pro the same day from a vendor.

So please, giving excuse to wickedness or cheating or scams makes you worse than the actual criminals.

Don't.

5 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by okorojoe(m): 10:08am On May 03, 2020
edoairways:

What useless point? Coming online to spoil a brand?, creating thread on daily basis to kill a brand that took years to build or making sure a brand dies.? Same brand who came to the rescue of many poor Nigerians when the like of Samsung produced android for the rich?
I understand where you're coming from. I must admit, my first device was Tecno Y6. Transsion made it possible for most of us to afford android back then. I applaud them for that. But do we continue to live on past glories?
Fast forward to 2020, their phones are still okay but they're not giving us value for money. That's the point.
I'd forever be grateful to them for making me use android but I can't continue to patronise them seeing how they're going about it (wearing the same device with different uniforms and giving them different names and selling them exorbitantly). NO!

2 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by atheistandproud(m): 10:18am On May 03, 2020
directonpc:

This is not the thread for this tho as it is derailing somewhat, but then again, we've proven beyond reasonable doubt that Transsion no longer has the cheapest devices in the market.

Let's look at the proposition which you have put forward.

Tecno sells their customer service as a premium

My first retort or rhetoric would be to ask, am I buying a phone or am I buying a service? Then look at it this way, like mechanics who deliberately repair ticking faults into their clients cars to force them to return so that they can earn more money under the guise of good customer service. What if Transsion deliberately flooded the market with Service centres and as well as spare repair parts and then built substandard phones to force people to patronise these service centres or roadside technicians?

If I put spare parts in the market and the devices I made them for are not needing repairs, obviously I will run at a loss.

The next thing I would like you to consider sir, is how many people actually use Carlcare? In 2017, I was careless and broke my touch screen of my Tecno L9+. An entry level device (MT6580A) that I bought for the price of a budget phone. I wanted to go to Carlcare but I perished the thought. Why?

1. The waiting queues at their centres were long like a very old dragon and slow too.
2. The prices for fixing phones at Carlcare were outrageously expensive. The price for fixing a 720p display at Transsion is around 21k whilst a vendor here is selling a FHD 1080p Redmi Note 7 display for 16k. That same 720p is even cheaper outside Carlcare.
3. A good majority of their technicians are not good. The ones who are good have quit Carlcare and opened up their own repair centres which they do excellent work for cheaper prices. It is common knowledge that Transsion do not pay their low level staff well, hence the talented ones don japa.
4. The attitude of a lot of their staff is poor. Okikiosibiodu can testify with his experiences at Carlcare.
5. The last Transsion device I used before giving it away to a younger sibling, Tecno LA7, was handled like an egg. I had no reason to near Carlcare. Which begs another question. If I buy quality, do I need repairs often other than for those caused by my mishandling?

Are these what you call "Premium Customer Service" ?

Other companies, actually focus on building better phones so that the need for after sales services is greatly reduced. I have dropped my phone 3 times over the past one year, twice on a wooden bench while typing and once on bare earth whilst trying to buy food. Each time my heart flips but then Gorilla glass 5 and my 11d screen guard did their jobs.

5 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by okorojoe(m): 10:22am On May 03, 2020
atheistandproud:

*More detailed*

Not everyone has a college degree and the patience to read and understand a peer-reviewed styled article. I have written in a very simple manner that anyone can pick it up and understand it.

I do not owe you another detailed analysis. I have already drafted and submitted the research to the public. It's you who in fact owes us a proper rebate.

The fact that you have replied in this manner means you completely understand what I have written. The fact that you also have not resorted to semantics gives me reason to pat myself on the back because I have written and deleted several formats before ending on this one.

Since you're looking for details:

How can you justify Infinix selling the Zero 6 for 120k when the Nokia 6.1 (X6) with exactly the same processor (the Snapdragon 636) is sold for 65-70k?

This Zero 6 is currently Infinix's best device on the market. Put this into perspective, the Redmi Note 7 with a more superior Snapdragon 660 and superior cameras with a USB C port was sold for 66k market launch price. The Redmi Note 8 with even more superior cameras was sold cheaper than 66k. Evrn the Samsung A50 with an even more superior SoC than both Redmi Note phones with a super Amoled display sold for less than the Infinix Zero. A Transsion product!
You're killing it bro! You've done well jare. @Edoairways have nothing to say to beat this. We know he's a bad loser (he'll keep fighting the truth grin)
For you can do nothing against the truth. It remains the truth!

3 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by atheistandproud(m): 10:29am On May 03, 2020
okorojoe:

You're killing it bro! You've done well jare. @Edoairways have nothing to say to beat this. We know he's a bad loser (he'll keep fighting the truth grin)
For you can do nothing against the truth. It remains the truth!

We want Nigerians to wake up, become educated and learn to question everything. Not just swallowing rubbish. See how companies dey fear to release rubbish in Europe, America, China or even India sef. India that was the poorest country in the world. They are very educated. If you sell rubbish for them, they'll read the price and product specs and drag your ass on social media.

Last year, Xiaomi priced a phone too costly for them and more than 2 million people wrote a petition against Xiaomi to drop the price otherwise they are not buying. The power of that action vibrate reach us here. That's the power of education.

You don't take rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by okorojoe(m): 11:53am On May 03, 2020
edoairways:

Guy just shut up. Leave this thread abeg
You have nothing to offer since this thread started (empty vessel angry )

1 Like

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by okorojoe(m): 12:04pm On May 03, 2020
atheistandproud:

We want Nigerians to wake up, become educated and learn to question everything. Not just swallowing rubbish. See how companies dey fear to release rubbish in Europe, America, China or even India sef. India that was the poorest country in the world. They are very educated. If you sell rubbish for them, they'll read the price and product specs and drag your ass on social media.

Last year, Xiaomi priced a phone too costly for them and more than 2 million people wrote a petition against Xiaomi to drop the price otherwise they are not buying. The power of that action vibrate reach us here. That's the power of education.

You don't take rubbish.
Exactly! Ever since I left transsion for Xiaomi in November 2019, I have not regretted that move.
I'm not saying Xiaomi is the best out there, but I tasted what it feels like to have a real midrange smartphone.
Redmi Note 8 feels premium and I don't see the urgent need to jump onto the Redmi Note 9 bandwagon (gcam is keeping me glued to RN8 grin)

3 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by BoluwajiPieters: 12:21pm On May 03, 2020
okorojoe:

Exactly! Ever since I left transsion for Xiaomi in November 2019, I have not regretted that move.
I'm not saying Xiaomi is the best out there, but I tasted what it feels like to have a real midrange smartphone.
Redmi Note 8 feels premium and I don't see the urgent need to jump onto the Redmi Note 9 bandwagon (gcam is keeping me glued to RN8 grin)

We are on the same boat! I joined the train in November 2019 and I've been so impressed. The fluidity, screen sharpness and altogether great UI is keeping me glued to RN8 until 2021. We move!
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by okorojoe(m): 12:24pm On May 03, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

We are on the same boat! I joined the train in November 2019 and I've been so impressed. The fluidity, screen sharpness and altogether great UI is keeping me glued to RN8 until 2021. We move!
I'm looking forward to MIUI12 grin grin
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by edoairways: 12:27pm On May 03, 2020
okorojoe:

Guy just shut up. Leave this thread abeg
You have nothing to offer since this thread started (empty vessel angry )
Shut up kid
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Crownedjon: 12:48pm On May 03, 2020
[s]
edoairways:

Shut up kid
[/s] I saw one guy calling you mentally deranged or unstable., I thought he was being rude to you but he was not lying

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 "Not Registered On Network" Problem / With True Caller, Is Our Privacy Really Secure? / Solution To MTN BIS Problem "Android Users Only "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.