Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries (30865 Views)

Anambra Bans Advertisement Of Herbal Medicine / Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion / Lassa Fever: Anambra Bans Drinking Of Garri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by Haddock(m): 11:01am On May 01, 2020
BunbleBee:
honest question here.

why do christains keep their dead for such a long time before burial ?

Please, don't get it wrong, Christians are not under any obligation to keep the dead for long, in fact, a quick burial would be appreciated.

It's just that Christianity is silent about when to bury a dead. It's up to the bereaved family to bury their dead anytime they like, after all, it has not bearing with eternal life.
Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by AlhajaChinyere: 11:13am On May 01, 2020
guy222:
That is igbo for you, they will keep body in the mortuary for more than six month to make sure that all the in-laws and to be in-laws contributed money for the burial, imagine somebody doing six month adashi(contribution) in other to contribute for burial and if you fail to contribute you are no longer an in-law, to them you are an outcast. If this is not wickedness i wonder what it is.

Igbo are so primitive!!!!
Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by Kennyswag: 11:14am On May 01, 2020
goldony:

You are an Orang utan,,and it's u who beat chest and jump on trees, ndi mmuo kunye gi mmiri onunu...ozu..
Does ur place have arable land,,if not cursed land.
cursed people
Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by Kennyswag: 11:15am On May 01, 2020
majamajic:

U are stupid, challenge with name of your town
shutup
Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by Msadedayo: 11:27am On May 01, 2020
Why do nigerians do the abominable of preserving death
Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by Akaegwu(m): 11:50am On May 01, 2020
Anụmanụ si n'ugwu awụsa
Yenefer:
So they av stop eating people.. thanks to Christianity
Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by majamajic(m): 12:22pm On May 01, 2020
Kennyswag:
shutup

Try shut up when u are not from a town worth and a state worth mentioning , u challenging Anambra , fool !

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by Godons1: 12:37pm On May 01, 2020
Yenefer:

This is one thing they wI'll never stop. They still eat people.
Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by anoziechi(f): 12:43pm On May 01, 2020
Yenefer:
anambra people never ate anybody.... its ngwa people in abia state

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by Yenefer(f): 12:45pm On May 01, 2020
anoziechi:
anambra people never ate anybody.... its ngwa people in abia state
Ok sorry for the mix-up

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 1:11pm On May 01, 2020
SeverusSnape:
Anambra people like doing that thing.

Preserving Corpses for a long time.

And by the time they bring the corpse out, you won't even be able to recognize the corpse again.

Dead black!

I don't know why the like punishing the dead.

That's one quality I adore about Muslims. They don't suffer their dead ones.

Someone will just keep his parent inside freezer for 6 months. Chai!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by Miracle1991: 2:23pm On May 01, 2020
longetivity:
are they expecting more deaths??
are you expecting more New born babies? If there is no death then there will not be New babies.
Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by Farki: 3:23pm On May 01, 2020
Write4me:
If not that human being like wahala, why keep the dead?

You know how Nigerians love big burials, some are kept because of investigation and others because relatives don't claim the deceased so it's better to keep them there.

What most people don't know is that one 17 year old girl will use their unclaimed bodies for anatomy practicals.
Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by Farki: 3:25pm On May 01, 2020
BunbleBee:
honest question here.

why do christains keep their dead for such a long time before burial ?

There's no set guidelines just to pray and Bury the dead at the time the family decides.
Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by Kennyswag: 4:08pm On May 01, 2020
majamajic:

Try shut up when u are not from a town worth and a state worth mentioning , u challenging Anambra , fool !
i am from fct
Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by majamajic(m): 4:30pm On May 01, 2020
Kennyswag:
i am from fct

Let me not stress u, go with your sins
Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by Firebomber: 5:55pm On May 01, 2020
Xposed2020:

Please am not talking to you.
Now if I want to engage you in a meaningful discussion with facts & evidence, it will either result in insult & lack of comprehension.
Thanks.

grin grin grin

You won't even try it because you don't have the so called fact and evidence. Just a simple logic, you claim that your Islam have already solve the people, but you people are waiting for non Muslim to give you the vaccine for the problem grin cheesy cheesy

So funny.
Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by AreaFada2: 6:23pm On May 01, 2020
xpool:

Before, it is taboo to bury a parent without first Son's presence, now it is done without raising eyebrows.
Like you said culture is not statice,but most aspects of culture either evolve or revolve. It is welcome development, if you find it difficult then, ask the Moslems how they do it. If it is somehow offensive to you, then ask our ancestors how they used to do it. Every location in the south is littered with mortuaries and undertakers.
There is always a way out, keep good relationship with your kind, they are all helpful in such situations.

Note that the only necessity here is just for the corpse to be put into the grave, chikene. You can invite the whole globe later, if it pleasese.

We have turned mourning into celebration, even for a deceased teenager, mba nu.
Of course anybody can do as they wish. It it should not come in a Draconian way from politicians. I do not even like putting any corpse in the poorly maintained mortuaries. Remember cultures differ. Even within 9ja.

In my part of Africa herbs and spices were used to preserve bodies for a week to two weeks. I saw it up to 5 days to a week still growing up. Rise of mortuaries led to loss of those skills.
Each develops at own pace. Muslims do theirs and others do theirs. It's about cultural choice. I have never liked extravagant anything. Not even elaborate weddings.

But if celebrating a dead person's life helps their loved ones to better grieve and come to terms with it, then their choice.

There are other things you or I care much about and some can just come up tomorrow and abrogate it. Therefore protecting other people's choice (even if hold a different view) is actually protecting yours too.

I still remember when growing up, all pictures of a dead child were destroyed. All memory obliterated. There were still very old relatives around then who believed that keeping the memory means the child might be reborn in the family and still die again. Young people were hurriedly buried too and forgotten.

So celebrating young people might just be the evolution you alluded to. Not all about age but what the person meant to his friends and family.
It will evolve again when people are ready. It cannot be forced.
Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by xpool(m): 7:45pm On May 01, 2020
AreaFada2:

Of course anybody can do as they wish. It it should not come in a Draconian way from politicians. I do not even like putting any corpse in the poorly maintained mortuaries. Remember cultures differ. Even within 9ja.

In my part of Africa herbs and spices were used to preserve bodies for a week to two weeks. I saw it up to 5 days to a week still growing up. Rise of mortuaries led to loss of those skills.
Each develops at own pace. Muslims do theirs and others do theirs. It's about cultural choice. I have never liked extravagant anything. Not even elaborate weddings.

But if celebrating a dead person's life helps their loved ones to better grieve and come to terms with it, then their choice.

There are other things you or I care much about and some can just come up tomorrow and abrogate it. Therefore protecting other people's choice (even if hold a different view) is actually protecting yours too.

I still remember when growing up, all pictures of a dead child were destroyed. All memory obliterated. There were still very old relatives around then who believed that keeping the memory means the child might be reborn in the family and still die again. Young people were hurriedly buried too and forgotten.

So celebrating young people might just be the evolution you alluded to. Not all about age but what the person meant to his friends and family.
It will evolve again when people are ready. It cannot be forced.

Even though you made your points passively, yet I I know where they are headed.

Culture does not only evolve, it can also revolve, and as it does any of the two IT IS FULFILLED WILLINGLY AND BY FORCE, through norms, laws, religions, governments, conventions, institutions and the biotic and abiotic factors of ecosystem.
Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 02, 2020
Firebomber:

grin grin grin

You won't even try it because [b]you don't have [/b]the so called fact and evidence. Just a simple logic, you claim that your Islam have already solve the people, but you people are waiting for non Muslim to give you the vaccine for the problem grin cheesy cheesy

So funny.

Shall we without any vulgar language
Funny you at the bolded.
So you know what I have and don't ?
Re: Anambra Bans Preservation Of Corpses In Mortuaries by Greatzeus(m): 5:47pm On May 02, 2020
Yenefer:
I pity the innocent girl you are using her beautiful pics to deceive people. We know you are a guy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body / Little Herder Seen Sharing His Cow’s Udder With A Calf, Yesterday, In Abuja / COVID-19 Bites Harder As More Nigerians Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.