Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) - Science/Technology (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) (117324 Views)

70-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Sitting On A Nest Of Eggs Found In China (Photos) / 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by kingxsamz(m): 12:08pm On May 01, 2020
Mbataku96:
This is called a scientific lie, now the Earth is about Six too Seven thousand years old, not even up a million.
Oyibo the greatest lie lie

I dare you to prove them wrong, logically.

2 Likes

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dazzlingd(m): 12:09pm On May 01, 2020
light099:

Well, don't waste your time son. One quick fact is, the Bible isn't a Scientific book or meant for such purpose, although I agree it shouldn't contradict reality; all the same, no one existed then to know how things were or how they work, we only use imagination and some factors to know about times we didn't exist in, so our judgment is handicapped.
Secondly, you can't get detailed scientific fact in the Bible, and the little things you get are not so organized/chronological and they are presented in crude layman way. Especially, this is because the essence of these things are for spiritual purposes not scientific.

* About sun/plant, there have already been lights initially denoting day and night before another lights were mentioned later.
* Bible only listed few things created, so how 99% of things existing were created wasn't mentioned nor number of days used in creating them.
* Yea, the moon is a light (although reflected).
Common, things are written in layman terms. So, you were expecting the Bible to start telling you how Sun is the real source of light and how the moon would be reflecting light to the earth? Don't be a joker.
In general terms, we call it moonlight. Only expect to here something different when you get to your science labs.

Simple, the bible is outdated,
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by OtemAtum: 12:10pm On May 01, 2020
Dabb01:

ok, i will check your thread to learn more
is adspiramen meaningless
you didnt answer dat question on wat it means
Adspiramen means 'origin'. Check out the Seriot Language for more. https://www.nairaland.com/4567349/dialect-early-beings-seriot-language
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 01, 2020
light099:
Everything is in the Bible. But when you think you smarter than God, His things are quite tricky sometimes.

Stumbling to the arrogant who are wise in their own eyes, and life to the humble in heart.

Fxk it! You can't be smarter than the one who made you, who fashioned this whole vast complicated universe.

JOB 41 reads thus:
“Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook or tie down its tongue with a rope?
Can you put a cord through its nose or pierce its jaw with a hook?
Will it keep begging you for mercy? Will it speak to you with gentle words?
Will it make an agreement with you for you to take it as your slave for life?
Can you make a pet of it like a bird or put it on a leash for the young women in your house?" - Job 41

JOB 41 is an interesting read.
The chapter was describing a particular 'river monster'. If you can't toil with Leviathan, why then do you think you can toil with the one who made Leviathan?

To buttress your point.
The bible made it clear it lived in the sea, it has the resemblance of a dragon and it will be killed and would be no more.

Check these other verses;

Isaiah 27:1

In that day the Lord will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent,
With His fierce and great and mighty sword,
Even Leviathan the twisted serpent;
And He will kill the dragon who lives in the sea.

Can you see that? The dragon vwho lives in the sea will be killed. Meaning wiped out.

Now check these other Bible verses

Psa 104:24 - 26

24:O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.

26: So is this great and wide sea, wherein [are] things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.

26: There go the ships: [there is] that leviathan, [whom] thou hast made to play therein.

When scientists brag or the atheists deny the bible and praise the science, I laugh in 3D.

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by kingxsamz(m): 12:11pm On May 01, 2020
kweensheba:
One hundred million years old?

That is stranger than fiction.

No stranger than a virgin giving birth to boy who walked on water and died only to wake up three days later, and ascended into the sky. grin

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

If you're the one doing all the talking, and your god is just there watching in silence, that should tell u something... Your God isn't capable of revealing himself because he doesn't exist.

He has already revealed himself son.
If I met a basket of fresh oranges and bananas at my doorstep, well I don't need the slightest search before I realize someone dropped it there. I don't need to see the person before I realize the basket didn't walk there itself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Jokerman(m): 12:12pm On May 01, 2020
dazzlingd:

Bible is very interesting.

The bible god made plants before sun....
The bible god spent 5 days to create planet earth and 1 day to create the rest of the universe.
The bible god made the moon a light to govern the night and sun to govern the day....
The bible god obviously failed physics

Lies.
1. Sun was created before plants
2. Yes, nothing is too hard for God
3. It's you who do not understand physics, how does the moon glow, haven't you read about rotation of the sun and the moon, or revolution ni?
4. God is the author is science. Creation of homo sapiens is a proof
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 01, 2020
OtemAtum:
Adspiramen means 'origin'. Check out the Seriot Language for more.
ok. the title of the book looks discourage, especialy for people dat judge a book by its cover
it sound like d religious text of d UFO religion
but i'm going tru your thread
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by OtemAtum: 12:15pm On May 01, 2020
Dabb01:

ok. the title of the book looks discourage, especialy for people dat judge a book by its cover
it sound like d religious text of d UFO religion
but i'm going tru your thread
Sometimes we don't judge a book by its cover.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by kasim155: 12:16pm On May 01, 2020
It is only in the scientific world that u will be hearing things like 100 million years ago, 30 billion years ago, and so on.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Salmom: 12:17pm On May 01, 2020
Graysons:
The same scientists who claim the earth is round now they are saying the Earth is flat or another scientist? Carry your stupidity away from me.

Scientists saying the earth is flat? Maybe the ones from your village.
Pls link me to the article where they earth was claimed to be flat

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by demmie1: 12:18pm On May 01, 2020
destinable:

That's my profession. Do you think you know more than I do? I blame the Nigerian educational system. In western world, these things are taught in primary schools.
You probably only think it's a lie because it contradicts your religious belief. I could give you geological books that tie some biblical events to geology eg. the parting of the red sea. This will make you see that God does not perform magic but he uses spectacular natural events for his wonders.

Pls I need that geological book, or you can simply explain it here
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by kingxsamz(m): 12:19pm On May 01, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:
Lies go kee una o.100 million years and the bones still never rotie.

Atheists trying their best to establish nonsense. Make una try harder next time please.

E get some lies wey go make Lie Mohammed look like a learner.

Lol...
Keep basking in ignorance.
Have you even tried to make little research on the topic?
Have you even used your head to think of its possibilities?
Have you tried to read any article to know how they were able to arrive at the number of years?
No. undecided
But you would rather believe a book that tells you a man raised hundreds of dry bones back to life.

Before you reply me unintelligtly, think about what I've said.

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Tremple8v: 12:20pm On May 01, 2020
Egypt ke shocked
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 01, 2020
afonja112:
this one go swallow lalastica in one gulp o
Plus all his snakes
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by demmie1: 12:21pm On May 01, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

Yet it has truths and more verifiable history than all the books you have ever Read in your life.

Trust me, integrated science has more truth than the Bible unless you haven't read it �

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dazzlingd(m): 12:21pm On May 01, 2020
Jokerman:

Lies.
1. Sun was created before plants
2. Yes, nothing is too hard for God
3. It's you who do not understand physics, how does the moon glow, haven't you read about rotation of the sun and the moon, or revolution ni?
4. God is the author is science. Creation of homo sapiens is a proof

Very correct, to the limit of your IQ
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dazzlingd(m): 12:22pm On May 01, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

Yet it has truths and more verifiable history than all the books you have ever Read in your life.

Just make claims and flies will jump out of your mouth...
Prove it is all we ask! Your emotions and sentiments wont make the bible less of a bullshit
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by ichuka(m): 12:22pm On May 01, 2020
DrBrainstorm:
Acoording to Bible scholars, the Earth is about 6000yrs old. God works of Creation started and was completed in 7days. But what if they were not actually days? What if it spanned over a million years?
Carbon dating has made us to know that the Earth is far more than 6000 years old.
Anyways, what do I know? undecided
Sir
According to the bible it was Man that's 6000+ years old and not the earth.
The recreation of the earth that was rendered shapeless filled with darkness started from Gen1:3

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Pelecius: 12:23pm On May 01, 2020
Salmom:

It is not a lie. The scientific community works with fact and evidence. Science has advanced exponentially since the last centuries. We put a man on the moon 50 years ago. This one is just moi moi
The science that put man on moon has nothing to do with evolution. It is operational science and not some form of science that attempt to give us history of what happened in the distant past.
No one was there to accurately tell us what happened, but stories are created around fossils, dark matter and dark energy are invented in an attempt to make us believe that the universe is 13 billion years old in order to support theory of evolution.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 01, 2020
HabuD:

Bible never tells us that earth is 6,000years old. Genesis 1:1 tells us that in the beginning (the Hebrew word there is re'shiyth meaning the DATELESS or eternal past) God (Hebrew is Elohim meaning Gods in plural) created the heavens and the earth. Notice it does not give any timing to the creation of earth. Then Genesis 1: 2 says "And the earth was (Hebrew word there is 'hayah' meaning TO BECOME or TO TRANSFORM INTO SOMETHING) without form and empty" AND the Spirit of God was moving over the formless earth. That verse can read 'and THE EARTH BECAME FORMLESS AND EMPTY'. This shows that a catastrophic event might have happened that made the earth in Genesis 1:1 to become formless and empty, especially when you remember that God is not an author of confusion or disorder. There is no way God can create something ab initio to be formless and empty. God himself even said he did not create the earth in vain, that he created it to be inhabited (read Isaiah 45:18; 1 Corin. 14:33).
The time between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 was about millions to billions of years. Adam was not the first man on earth. There were races called the preAdamite race which existed on earth when God first made the earth. Satan, who was lucifer then was a ruler over this earth. But when he sinned against God he was thrown out of heaven and enticed the preAdamite man to sin against God. It was the sin of these preAdamite race that caused God to destroy the earth then with a flood (Jerem. 4: 23-26), just as he did years later with Noah. After all these events, this is where Genesis 1:2 begins when the Holy Spirit began to move over the waters or the flooded earth. So the book of Genesis 1 is actually the story of how God RECREATED or RESHAPENED the earth. Also remember that when God created Adam he told him to be fruitful, to multiply and to REPLENISH THE EARTH (Gen. 1: 28). You cannot replenish something unless that thing was full before and then became empty. To replenish means to fill up something that was initially full but later became empty.
So all these scientific discoveries dated to billions of years ago, including dinosaurs and abnormal men, actually existed in the preAdamite era; that is, between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. Even scientists have discovered that most of these creatures such as dinosaurs were made extinct by a great catastrophe where they were submerged in a great flood. This gives further proof of the preAdamite era being destroyed by the flood from God. This is where the confusion lies for most persons. They think Genesis 1 tells us everything about the creation of the heavens and the earth.
There is a whole lot of proof I could give you, both scientifically and from scriptures, but for lack of space and timing.
Even in Genesis "the sun" we base our 24hour day on was created on the "4th day" of creation...no one can tell the meaning of morning, evening and night of those creation days or what light was created on day 1...btw the bible say God FORMED man from dust...the exact mechanism or duration wasnt stated...what we are told is....all scriptures were given by inspiration (not by dictation)...for MORALITY.qed.

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 01, 2020
dazzlingd:

Simple, the bible is outdated,

It's not son.
The Bible is still as relevant as it was, and continues to do what it's meant for effectively. Infact, the Bible is getting more relevant today.
Science doesn't know our purpose and essence of existence. It doesn't even know the future of the world. But these are the real things the Bible focuses on.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by bptc10: 12:24pm On May 01, 2020
the earth is over 4 billion years old
Graysons:
100 million old monster? how old is the earth undecided
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol...
Have you tried to read any article to know how they were able to arrive at the number of years?
No. undecided
But you would rather believe a book that tells you a man raised hundreds of dry bones back to life.

Why don't explain the HOW to him and leave they WHY out of it
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol...
No. undecided

Atheist spotted.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by bptc10: 12:26pm On May 01, 2020
keep quiet
mancityguy:
This world is not up to 10,00 years old..stop deceiving ur selves
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by kingxsamz(m): 12:27pm On May 01, 2020
dairykidd:

Why don't explain the HOW to him and leave they WHY out of it

He can do the research for himself.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 01, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

To buttress your point.
The bible made it clear it lived in the sea, it has the resemblance of a dragon and it will be killed and would be no more.

Check these other verses;

Isaiah 27:1

In that day the Lord will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent,
With His fierce and great and mighty sword,
Even Leviathan the twisted serpent;
And He will kill the dragon who lives in the sea.

Can you see that? The dragon vwho lives in the sea will be killed. Meaning wiped out.

Now check these other Bible verses

Psa 104:24 - 26

24:O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.

26: So is this great and wide sea, wherein [are] things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.

26: There go the ships: [there is] that leviathan, [whom] thou hast made to play therein.

When scientists brag or the atheists deny the bible and praise the science, I laugh in 3D.

grin

You're on point

Atheists are parochial. They don't know shiit.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 01, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

Lala has even gone into hiding sef...

Lala are still many in the bush jor!

We caught one very big Lala for our farm two days ago. We used it to eat pounded yam.

Never say Lala has gone into hiding again bro.

When we catch another one I will post the pics.

The best bushmeat is Lala

grin

Please who do I beg if my moniker is banned grin
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by kingxsamz(m): 12:28pm On May 01, 2020
AkuOlisa:
[color=#006600][/color]

Thanks a lot .
Because people fail to understand the mysteries and Ultimate Divinity of the supernatural, the conclud and say in their hearts there's no God even when the evidence is to for all to see.

May God forgive us of our unbelieve

What evidence?
I'd like to see the evidence. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by properties4sale: 12:33pm On May 01, 2020
DrBrainstorm:
Acoording to Bible scholars, the Earth is about 6000yrs old. God works of Creation started and was completed in 7days. But what if they were not actually days? What if it spanned over a million years?
Carbon dating has made us to know that the Earth is far more than 6000 years old.
Anyways, what do I know? undecided
if u believe all those stupid books, then I don't know what to call u
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Martinez39s(m): 12:39pm On May 01, 2020
AkuOlisa:
[color=#006600][/color]

Martinez39s can you please tell us the chapter and vers in the Bible that said the earth is 6000 years ?

We are waiting
When you add up the years (as given by the different genealogies in the bible) you arrive at about six thousand years of age from the earth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex / Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) / Live Updates On Today's Solar Eclipse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.