Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) - Science/Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) (117330 Views)

70-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Sitting On A Nest Of Eggs Found In China (Photos) / 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dukeprince50: 11:27am On May 01, 2020
Jokerman:

Yes of course. How can somerhing of 100 million years still be present in the ground without turning to sediments or nutrients or crude oil bro grin... Science lie too much, that's where God is bigger
Do u understand what sedimentary rock is? and can u differentiate it from what sediments are?
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 11:27am On May 01, 2020
sotall:

Stop the propaganda.

God is neither a Christian nor muslim.

Sure, but Christ is the only way to God. Any religion which does that is from God. It's not really about religion, if you do things right.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Jokerman(m): 11:29am On May 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
Air plays a crucial part in decomposing organic matters, when bones are buried, Air is limited underneath the earth, Below 2m in the earth surface, there is almost no air and u hardly find living organisms below 2m,when there is no air, Decomposition can be fvcking slow and bones will not easily decompose

Even over 100 millions years ago?? Lol... Many people that died 100 of years ago sef, there bones are decomposed already...
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dukeprince50: 11:32am On May 01, 2020
Jokerman:

Even over 100 millions years ago?? Lol... Many people that died 100 of years ago sef, there bones are decomposed already...
how many bones have u dug to come to a conclusion and pls do not compare human bones and dinosaurs.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Jokerman(m): 11:33am On May 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
Do u understand what sedimentary rock is? and can u differentiate it from what sediments are?

Sedimentary rocks are types of rock that are formed by the accumulation or deposition of small particles and subsequent cementation of mineral or organic particles on the floor of oceans or other bodies of water at the Earth's surface.(Wikipedia definition)

Sediment is solid material that is moved and deposited in a new location. Sediment can consist of rocks and minerals, as well as the remains of plants and animals. It can be as small as a grain of sand or as large as a boulder. Sediment moves from one place to another through the process of erosion.

Are you saying bones of 100 millions of years, haven't congealed to become sedimentary rocks or probably crude oil...

The fact is that these beasts lived amonged men, from creation
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Salmom: 11:35am On May 01, 2020
Graysons:
Who do the calculation? sad

Don't be silly, no one can tell us how old the world is.

No one
The calculations was done by scientists. Stop trying to come off as stupid
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Jokerman(m): 11:39am On May 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
how many bones have u dug to come to a conclusion and pls do not compare human bones and dinosaurs.

Bro... 100 million years?? Bro.. reason it now.. bones are biodegradable o... Remember grin
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dukeprince50: 11:40am On May 01, 2020
Jokerman:

Sedimentary rocks are types of rock that are formed by the accumulation or deposition of small particles and subsequent cementation of mineral or organic particles on the floor of oceans or other bodies of water at the Earth's surface.(Wikipedia definition)

Sediment is solid material that is moved and deposited in a new location. Sediment can consist of rocks and minerals, as well as the remains of plants and animals. It can be as small as a grain of sand or as large as a boulder. Sediment moves from one place to another through the process of erosion.

Are you saying bones of 100 millions of years, haven't congealed to become sedimentary rocks or probably crude oil...

The fact is that these beasts lived amonged men, from creation
I wasn't asking for a Wikipedia definition, I said can u differentiate?
also formation of crude in deltas is different from rock formations. I can't explain any further
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by demmie1: 11:41am On May 01, 2020
dazzlingd:

Lemme tell u why the person u quoted is more intelligent than u are...
He is open minded and rational unlike u, he has left his mind open and that's the definition of a solution minded person.
In his quest for knowledge and answers, he has refused to be blinded by a fairy tale handed over to him to search for the truth even though he does not know..

Unlike u who already concluded the bible god created the universe according to the Jewish myths....this is 2020, and the best form to answering questions is still scientific approach...science does not have answer to our origin yet, still work in progress, but it will be a mockery of intelligence and common sense to stick to old myths of cave men era and accept a myth that fails all scientific fact as our answer to our origin.

You are no different from som1 who says odudua came down to earth with a rope and obatala moulded humans....

What do you mean angry I'm far better than him. At least I believe oduduwa came 10,000 years ago. At least I'm still 4,000 more accurate grin
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by OtemAtum: 11:44am On May 01, 2020
JimmyBishop:

Sorry I'm not understanding. What religious book is this.
It is not a religious book o. It's the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY. It reveals how Jehovah, Allah and thousands of other gods human worship were created.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Jokerman(m): 11:44am On May 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
I wasn't asking for a Wikipedia definition, I said can u differentiate?
also formation of crude in deltas is different from rock formations. I can't explain any further

I understand you bro... But there's no proof to show this bones lived 100 millions years ago .. bro, look at it now.... 100 millions.. lol..
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dukeprince50: 11:45am On May 01, 2020
Jokerman:

Bro... 100 million years?? Bro.. reason it now.. bones are biodegradable o... Remember grin
without air and micro org, there is no decomposition.
The reason humans are buried not below 6ft is cos below 6ft, u don't find decomposing agents.
This is the main reason why Agric doesn't study the soil below 2m or 6ft.
The bones could be 5-15m below the surface, they can't decompose there.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by demmie1: 11:45am On May 01, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

Mr know-it-all, I am not contesting anything with you. Let nothing annoy you. Maintain your lane as I am on my lane.

They didn't capture the stuff while embedded in the ground. Let me see 100 million years fossil in my area.

Men your land is leading you and and your likes backwards, so it's important you switch and shut it down.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dukeprince50: 11:46am On May 01, 2020
Jokerman:

I understand you bro... But there's no proof to show this bones lived 100 millions years ago .. bro, look at it now.... 100 millions.. lol..
Sure, it's possible. u are really stubborn and will not want to understand.
I don tire.
stay safe
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Jokerman(m): 11:48am On May 01, 2020
Macelliot:

According to the books, man existed 6,000 years.
Man was the last thing created.

Hmmmm... It could be it took God 100 millions of years after creation before he formed man from the ground, maybe this is what scientists are trying to say grin.. that after God have created all things, he had to wait 100 millions of years to create man
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 11:49am On May 01, 2020
OtemAtum:
Good one.
Adspiramen 16: 32, 33

32. But there is nothing hidden that shall not be dug up. All the powers of the present world shall be dug up for the use of the future world.

33. Even the flat stones of great words shall be dug up and the dead bodies too.
Mr, what is your source
what does adspiramen mean
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Jokerman(m): 11:50am On May 01, 2020
destinable:

That's my profession. Do you think you know more than I do? I blame the Nigerian educational system. In western world, these things are taught in primary schools.
You probably only think it's a lie because it contradicts your religious belief. I could give you geological books that tie some biblical events to geology eg. the parting of the red sea. This will make you see that God does not perform magic but he uses spectacular natural events for his wonders.

Oh so you believe the red sea evebt, lol, I wonder if science would believe a sea can be divided and people walk through it.... grin
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by OtemAtum: 11:52am On May 01, 2020
Dabb01:

Mr, what is your source
what does adspiramen mean

My source is reality and the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY

https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Asspiramen is a Seriot word.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Graysons: 11:53am On May 01, 2020
Salmom:

The calculations was done by scientists. Stop trying to come off as stupid
The same scientists who claim the earth is round now they are saying the Earth is flat or another scientist? Carry your stupidity away from me.

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by lexy2014: 11:53am On May 01, 2020
LandMann:
Years ago, most dangerous threat to human lives were big visible creature. Today, it's a microscopic virus that we can't see with our naked eyes that is the most dangerous threat to human existence.

Unfortunately, the whole debacle has once again exposed how failed we are as a country; both the leaders and the followers are part and parcel of the cause of the problems.

Unfortunately, I just hope we retrace our steps quickly before we, like the dinosaur, get buried and forgotten in the sands of time.

To A Better Nigeria

I believe man is d greatest threat to his own existence
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by foshe36: 11:53am On May 01, 2020
destinable:

I swear it's quite hard trying to educate people that think scientists are out to deceive them. How do you sit in you couch discrediting years of research because your peanut-size brain cannot fathom or because you feel it contradicts your religious beliefs. Some of the so-called learned ones are calling carbon-dating scam for whatever reason.

Nigerians has got to do better.

It's hard man, its like explaining what a yellow light looks like to a man that never sees his entire life, its hard man.

More so, in my own little studies the Bible is perfect and correct, things are made very less confusing so that even a slowpoke can assimilate the story the way it was depicted by the bible.

So no one should be blamed for their opinions, you are free to believe what you believe but a little of knowledge in that field and the other field helps you connect realities and come up with your own view of things which will guide to u through life and not talk in public like my ancestors.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dukeprince50: 11:55am On May 01, 2020
Graysons:
The same scientists who claim the earth is round now they are saying the Earth is flat or another scientist? Carry your stupidity away from me.

science never said earth is round nor flat, the earth is geoid. round is a layman explanation which is acceptable but flat Science never said that

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Jokerman(m): 11:57am On May 01, 2020
HabuD:

Bible never tells us that earth is 6,000years old. Genesis 1:1 tells us that in the beginning (the Hebrew word there is re'shiyth meaning the DATELESS or eternal past) God (Hebrew is Elohim meaning Gods in plural) created the heavens and the earth. Notice it does not give any timing to the creation of earth. Then Genesis 1: 2 says "And the earth was (Hebrew word there is 'hayah' meaning TO BECOME or TO TRANSFORM INTO SOMETHING) without form and empty" AND the Spirit of God was moving over the formless earth. That verse can read 'and THE EARTH BECAME FORMLESS AND EMPTY'. This shows that a catastrophic event might have happened that made the earth in Genesis 1:1 to become formless and empty, especially when you remember that God is not an author of confusion or disorder. There is no way God can create something ab initio to be formless and empty. God himself even said he did not create the earth in vain, that he created it to be inhabited (read Isaiah 45:18; 1 Corin. 14:33).
The time between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 was about millions to billions of years. Adam was not the first man on earth. There were races called the preAdamite race which existed on earth when God first made the earth. Satan, who was lucifer then was a ruler over this earth. But when he sinned against God he was thrown out of heaven and enticed the preAdamite man to sin against God. It was the sin of these preAdamite race that caused God to destroy the earth then with a flood (Jerem. 4: 23-26), just as he did years later with Noah. After all these events, this is where Genesis 1:2 begins when the Holy Spirit began to move over the waters or the flooded earth. So the book of Genesis 1 is actually the story of how God RECREATED or RESHAPENED the earth. Also remember that when God created Adam he told him to be fruitful, to multiply and to REPLENISH THE EARTH (Gen. 1: 28). You cannot replenish something unless that thing was full before and then became empty. To replenish means to fill up something that was initially full but later became empty.
So all these scientific discoveries dated to billions of years ago, including dinosaurs and abnormal men, actually existed in the preAdamite era; that is, between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. Even scientists have discovered that most of these creatures such as dinosaurs were made extinct by a great catastrophe where they were submerged in a great flood. This gives further proof of the preAdamite era being destroyed by the flood from God. This is where the confusion lies for most persons. They think Genesis 1 tells us everything about the creation of the heavens and the earth.
There is a whole lot of proof I could give you, both scientifically and from scriptures, but for lack of space and timing.

With your story, that means Noah existed before Adam, or are you talking of another flood before that of Noah??

Then Genesis also said, darkness was upon the face of the deep while the holy spirit moved above the waters, and then God said let there be light, and he created sun and the moon..

Are you saying pre-Adamites, lived without the Sun? If so what about the plants, how did they grow?
The pre-Adamites, probably they were vampires as they didn't need the sun ??

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 11:58am On May 01, 2020
OtemAtum:

My source is reality and the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY

https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Asspiramen is a Seriot word.
is it a religious book
what is seriot, what is adspiramen
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by OtemAtum: 12:00pm On May 01, 2020
Dabb01:

is it a religious book
what is seriot, what is adspiramen
Seriot language is the language with which most of the texts of the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY was revealed.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by charlesm91(m): 12:03pm On May 01, 2020
Reva1:

It's not 24hrs 7days period. A thorough research of the Bible shows that. And according to the Bible, man, not the earth is 6000years old
i think you’re right. Even the genesis story i think there’sa time period between genesis 1:1 and when God began the actual creation of man and other things. Earth is much older

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by kingxsamz(m): 12:04pm On May 01, 2020
light099:
Everything is in the Bible. But when you think you smarter than God, His things are quite tricky sometimes.

Stumbling to the arrogant who are wise in their own eyes, and life to the humble in heart.

Fxk it! You can't be smarter than the one who made you, who fashioned this whole vast complicated universe.

If you're the one doing all the talking, and your god is just there watching in silence, that should tell u something... Your God isn't capable of revealing himself because he doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 01, 2020
OtemAtum:

Seriot language is the language with which most of the texts of the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY was revealed.
ok, will check your thread to learn more
is adspiramen meaningless
you didnt answer dat question on wat it means
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Jokerman(m): 12:05pm On May 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
Sure, it's possible. u are really stubborn and will not want to understand.
I don tire.
stay safe

I know in dry climatic conditions, the human skeleton can take thousand of years to decompose, but for me to believe 100 millions of years for bones... Sorry bro
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 01, 2020
demmie1:

Men your land is leading you and and your likes backwards, so it's important you switch and shut it down.

Who let this dog out?

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by charlesm91(m): 12:06pm On May 01, 2020
Openbusiness:

He said according to BIBLE SCHOLARS, not bible so to speak. Some bible scholars are of the opinion that the earth is about 6,000 years +- old, basing their calculation to like saying Jesus died about 2000 years ago, then trying to work or calculate back the date with the various civilizations that were recorded to have been existing before Jesus came, trying to estimate how long each lasted and push it up all the way to Abraham time etc, but the thing is before Abraham, time frame or references to time passing is vvery sketchy and almost non-existent. And besides even from the Bible it can be deduced that the HUMAN BEINGS OF TODAY ARE NOT THE FIRST OR ONLY HUMANS THAT EVER WALKED OR LIVED ON THIS PLANET. And science also catches a glimpse of this, with their theory of human evolution. So d koko is that there's so much about human history that we are BLANK about, especially the humans that lived in the world during the dinosaur era, or the humans that lived in the world post-Garden of Eden era. And the humans that lived in the world before God made Adam and Eve in a new world. Even this Earth is not the first Earth. So much mystery dey dis life abeg. What we know is infinitesimal small compared to what we don't know. But knowing that God exists is the fundamental proof of intelligence. If you are not even smart enough to figure out that it's true God exists, then such people are the biggest fools in existence.
for bible believers i think the rebellion story points to earth being inhabited up until when God decided to create man.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Jokerman(m): 12:08pm On May 01, 2020
Marahoth:
True sir. Just to add, it's crucial to know that earth IS NOT God's first creation. Infact the creation account of Gen 1 is telling us about the begining of man's dispensation. The original Hebrew margin says " the earth BECAME without form and void" (check Hebrew translation). Taking a deeper view of Gen 1...you would find that the Bible says "the earth 'was' (KJV) without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep (waters).." so where did the darkness and the waters come from, cos they are both matter. There was a pre-adamic dispensation and races which existed for eons. When Satan was thrown out of heaven (which was way long before adam (that's us) ever came), satan corrupted that creation. God destroyed it with it's darkness and froze it(The deep, waters as ice). So you see Satan again in Adam's garden seeking to usurp authority n destroy. So much to learn in God. Thank God for Jesus Christ the second and last Adam who restores all things by His own blood and in whom all things are redeemed!

Lol.. buh Jehovah witnesses say Satan was thrown out of heaven, in the year 1914

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex / Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) / Live Updates On Today's Solar Eclipse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.