Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) (117332 Views)

70-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Sitting On A Nest Of Eggs Found In China (Photos) / 240-Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Unearthed In China, Has Giant Lizard In Belly / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:16am On May 01, 2020
1stola:

The Bible is just a mere storybook...
Yet it has truths and more verifiable history than all the books you have ever Read in your life.

2 Likes

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Samiah33(m): 10:16am On May 01, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
DrBrainstorm:
Acoording to Bible scholars, the Earth is about 6000yrs old. God works of Creation started and was completed in 7days. But what if they were not actually days? What if it spanned over a million years?
Carbon dating has made us to know that the Earth is far more than 6000 years old.
Anyways, what do I know? undecided
The Bible says a day to God is like a thousand years to God, more so Jesus while on earth said God has been resting from his days of creation since until now( till today) so if on the seventh day God rested and we are still on the seventh day of God’s rest, imagine how long the creative days was.

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:17am On May 01, 2020
dazzlingd:

Before u quote someone, u need to read!!!

Where did I say science has answer to our origin.. Egabmi!!
YOU said science is fact based..those were your words, I merely pointed out the half-truth in what you said.

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Michealky: 10:18am On May 01, 2020
If these dinosaurs should come out of nowhere and start terrorizing people, how do you think they will fight it? To me i think atomic bomb. Lol
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dazzlingd(m): 10:19am On May 01, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

YOU said science is fact based..those were your words, I merely pointed out the half-truth in what you said.

Check my previous post where I stated that science efforts to discover the origin of life is still work in progress, and however, remains the best method to solving the puzzle
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Marahoth: 10:20am On May 01, 2020
True sir. Just to add, it's crucial to know that earth IS NOT God's first creation. Infact the creation account of Gen 1 is telling us about the begining of man's dispensation. The original Hebrew margin says " the earth BECAME without form and void" (check Hebrew translation). Taking a deeper view of Gen 1...you would find that the Bible says "the earth 'was' (KJV) without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep (waters).." so where did the darkness and the waters come from, cos they are both matter. There was a pre-adamic dispensation and races which existed for eons. When Satan was thrown out of heaven (which was way long before adam (that's us) ever came), satan corrupted that creation. God destroyed it with it's darkness and froze it(The deep, waters as ice). So you see Satan again in Adam's garden seeking to usurp authority n destroy. So much to learn in God. Thank God for Jesus Christ the second and last Adam who restores all things by His own blood and in whom all things are redeemed!
DrBrainstorm:
Acoording to Bible scholars, the Earth is about 6000yrs old. God works of Creation started and was completed in 7days. But what if they were not actually days? What if it spanned over a million years?
Carbon dating has made us to know that the Earth is far more than 6000 years old.

2 Likes

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by ajl: 10:23am On May 01, 2020
mancityguy:
This world is not up to 10,00 years old..stop deceiving ur selves

Even the ancient Egypt is more than 10,000 years going by when archeologists thought the sphinx was created. How about the ancient Sumerian Empire. You folks are living in darkness.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Philinho(m): 10:24am On May 01, 2020
DrBrainstorm:

If you read Genesis chapter one very well ,you will understand that God created the earth far back b4 he came and spent that 7days.. It was the trowing down of Lucifer into d earth that brought deformity to it. So when God want to form a place for Adam, that was when he came to change d form of the earth which was "without form and void". So the earth existed for d period only For can tell

2 Likes

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by destinable(m): 10:24am On May 01, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

Everyone who watches educative documentaries and not bbnaija, who reads materials and researches and not Mills and boons knows what a continental drift is..and they know this earth's landscape has changed substantially than it was in the past! Your comment did not answer why those cultures had same beasts in their history..

It's not only in the past. The continental plates are constantly moving but at a slow rate which is why it's not quite obvious.

One characteristic of a fossil is that it must be geological widespread across several locations. Most parts in Nigeria used to be submerged in water. I'm talking about hundred hundreds of thousands of years. I know this because there are fossils that typically live in marine and lacustrine environments that are found in these parts albeit dry land now. In that same vein, some cultures may have large beasts because they migrated to favorable conditions. Some even swam across oceans to their new home.
If I did not answer your question still, then maybe pose the question towards what you want to know.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by demmie1: 10:25am On May 01, 2020
Martinez39s:
The abrahamic holy books assert that the earth is about 6000 years old. Science has demonstrated that the earth is about 4.3 billion years old.

And Sumerian civilization was around 7000 years ago
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dangoteinlaw: 10:28am On May 01, 2020
Graysons:
Who do the calculation? sad

Don't be silly, no one can tell us how old the world is.

No one
ever heard about "half-life" calculations? If I could get into your brain I could calculate how stupid you are then determine how many years your stupidity has been running.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by demmie1: 10:28am On May 01, 2020
manuelzz:
Can these people quit digging and leave the earth the hell alone? Na so dem go dig, dig out another virus.

Can y'all just let the earth be! undecided

Yet you were using a phone, and browsing. It's their digging that enabled that.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dazzlingd(m): 10:29am On May 01, 2020
light099:
Everything is in the Bible. But when you think you smarter than God, His things are quite tricky sometimes.

Stumbling to the arrogant who are wise in their own eyes, and life to the humble in heart.

Fxk it! You can't be smarter than the one who made you, who fashioned this whole vast complicated universe.

JOB 41 reads thus:
“Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook or tie down its tongue with a rope?
Can you put a cord through its nose or pierce its jaw with a hook?
Will it keep begging you for mercy? Will it speak to you with gentle words?
Will it make an agreement with you for you to take it as your slave for life?
Can you make a pet of it like a bird or put it on a leash for the young women in your house?" - Job 41

JOB 41 is an interesting read.
The chapter was describing a particular 'river monster'. If you can't toil with Leviathan, why then do you think you can toil with the one who made Leviathan?

Bible is very interesting.

The bible god made plants before sun....
The bible god spent 5 days to create planet earth and 1 day to create the rest of the universe.
The bible god made the moon a light to govern the night and sun to govern the day....
The bible god obviously failed physics
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Nobody: 10:29am On May 01, 2020
blowjohn:

Lol.
Ok o. But try and find out.
Otherwise there is no difference between u and even a chair
no way to find out. The creator is not talking nor showing his face

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by destinable(m): 10:29am On May 01, 2020
Mbataku96:

You think you know more than I do, but you are totally inaccurate, make i yarn you something, in my family blood line we have people who commands the rain to stop and it stops and they tell fall and it does so, I have discovered that I inherited this abilities. Tell me dose science have anything to do with it.

Wow, that's nice. I can't argue with you on your prowess. You may truly know how to manipulate the weather and I don't doubt it but I know how past events of millions of years worked cos that's my prowess. So I expect you not to argue with me or doubt me either. Cheers.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dangoteinlaw: 10:29am On May 01, 2020
Alamkir:

God said, a day with me is a thousand years of ur counting, the earth has been in existence years b4 humans were created,and there were creatures living in it b4 human. God destroyed them because of their wickedness and create man with laws this time
where did ur fictional god say that?
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by demmie1: 10:31am On May 01, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
ever heard about "half-life" calculations? If I could get into your brain I could calculate how stupid you are then determine how many years your stupidity has been running.

He skipped secondary School, and started trading, how could he hear of it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:32am On May 01, 2020
destinable:

It's not only in the past. The continental plates are constantly moving but at a slow rate which is why it's not quite obvious.

One characteristic of a fossil is that it must be geological widespread across several locations. Most parts in Nigeria used to be submerged in water. I'm talking about hundred hundreds of thousands of years. I know this because there are fossils that typically live in marine and lacustrine environments that are found in these parts albeit dry land now. In that same vein, some cultures may have large beasts because they migrated to favorable conditions. Some even swam across oceans to their new home.
If I did not answer your question still, then maybe pose the question towards what you want to know.
This is not my question..of course the tectonic plates are constantly shifting..earthquakes are a violent example of it..my question is concerning this thread..did those beasts walk alongside men? That has been a major debate for a long time now.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by neneskidaboss(m): 10:32am On May 01, 2020
Rexnegro:

truth be told I read this like three times to grab what up , this is confusing u no ... book of genesis talked about the beginning of creation na
My brother
The holy books is filled with:
METAPHORS, ALLEGORIES, PARABLES AND SYMBOLISM.
Its shouldn't be taken/read literally.
Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by demmie1: 10:33am On May 01, 2020
destinable:

Wow, that's nice. I can't argue with you on your prowess. You may truly know how to manipulate the weather and I don't doubt it but I know how past events of millions of years worked cos that's my prowess. So I expect you not to argue with me or doubt me either. Cheers.

grin
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dukeprince50: 10:34am On May 01, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

If bones last as you want me to believe it then means every few feet dug will unearth certain bones because animals have been living and dying all these while
lemme explain, bones of fishes like tilapia are not decaying at same rate with that of a catfish which will not decay at same rate with that of a cattle.
Human bones can takes thousands of years before it completely decompose, you may have seen recent pictures of World War 1 victims, their bones are still intact but they can't be recognized, If human bones can last a thousand year, now imagine a creature like dinosaurs, it's bones can last a million years
bones are made of an element called carbon, these carbon has a very high bonding power thereby holding atoms together and forming a long chain, in as much as it is not altered, the carbon won't let go off it's grip easily, and some bones are as hard as steal thanks to carbon, infact the strongest stone(diamond) on Earth is made up of 100% carbon.
Go to slaughter and request for jaw bone of a cattle, it's bone is very hard, u can stab someone with it and inflict a life threatening injury, that's how hard a bone could be, now compare that to a dinosaur bones.
Now do not compare a cattle bone to a dogs bone, Dog bones can stay for few decades if not altered by man and nature while a cattle bone can last for more than a decade, the reason why u don't see it (bones) is because it gets weak with time and could easily be crushed with bare foot, so u wouldn't even know u crushed a bone, archeologists use soft brushes to sweep away clay and reveal the bones, they do this carefully not to break the bones, so they could get as much info as possible. When they see bones of ancient creatures, that doesn't mean they see 100% of the bones, some parts do miss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by shadeyinka(m): 10:35am On May 01, 2020
Treborblue:

The waters were created some days after the earth's creation, maybe each day represented millions of years that time
No!
The waters was already present on the earth. What God did was to separate the waters from the land.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by demmie1: 10:35am On May 01, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

This is not my question..of course the tectonic plates are constantly shifting..earthquakes are a violent example of it..my question is concerning this thread..did those beasts walk alongside men? That has been a major debate for a long time now.

Please go and read and make research.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dangoteinlaw: 10:36am On May 01, 2020
demmie1:

He skipped secondary School, and started trading, how could he hear of it?
yes he did. A thead like this is for the scientific guys not these art and commercial students who are too lazy to even calculate 2+2. They hate facts, anything that's proven is automatically their enemy especially when it doesn't conforms with their religion lol. No wonder alot of science students are the ones asking about god while the lefties keep saying things like "don't question god" "he knowy best".
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Graysons: 10:37am On May 01, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
ask your father wink

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by Marahoth: 10:38am On May 01, 2020
The earth is actually MORE than 6000 years old. Infact, in this millions of not billions. And the Bible has that fact. The human species is actually what 6000 years old, not the earth itself.
it's crucial to know our present earth IS NOT God's first creation of earth. Infact the creation account of Gen 1 is telling us about the begining of man's dispensation. The original Hebrew margin says " the earth BECAME without form and void" (check Hebrew translation). Taking a deeper view of Gen 1...you would find that the Bible says "the earth 'was' (KJV) without form and void, and DARKNESS was upon the face of the DEEP (great waters).." so where did the darkness (created thing) and the waters(matter) come from? Further study into referenced scriptures show that there actually was a pre-adamic dispensation with creation, kingdoms and races which existed for eons ever before man (image of God) came. When Satan was thrown out of heaven (which was way long before adam (that's us) ever came), satan corrupted that creation. God destroyed it with it's darkness and froze it(The deep, waters as ice..which totally covered the earth and where we are now finding all these fossils). Then you see Satan again in Adam's Eden seeking again to usurp authority n destroy. Should pause here. So much to learn in God. Thank God for Jesus Christ the second and last Adam who restores all things by His own blood and in whom all things are redeemed!

1 Like

Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dukeprince50: 10:39am On May 01, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
yes he did. A thead like this is for the scientific guys not these art and commercial students who are too lazy to even calculate 2+2. They hate facts, anything that's proven is automatically their enemy especially when it doesn't conforms with their religion lol. No wonder alot of science students are the ones asking about god while the lefties keep saying things like "don't question god" "he knowy best".
It's not their fault, most of these guys studied mass communication and now selling women sandals in Aba, u can't make them understand a thing
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by ekevwe(m): 10:40am On May 01, 2020
LandMann:
Years ago, most dangerous threat to human lives were big visible creature. Today, it's a microscopic virus that we can't see with our naked eyes that is the most dangerous threat to human existence.

Unfortunately, the whole debacle has once again exposed how failed we are as a country; both the leaders and the followers are part and parcel of the cause of the problems.

Unfortunately, I just hope we retrace our steps quickly before we, like the dinosaur, get buried and forgotten in the sands of time.

To A Better Nigeria

Which Nigeria will be better? If its the one we are aware of then you have to sleep again.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by destinable(m): 10:40am On May 01, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

Dinosaurs and man existed in different geological times. You may find it hard to believe if you are Christian cos they're the only religious dispensation doubting it, I think. If you're Christian, we may have to agree to disagree on this cos your argument will probably fault carbon dating.

Ps. I'm Christian too but I believe the bible account of creation is not literal and straightforward, maybe due to translating errors.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:40am On May 01, 2020
dazzlingd:

Bible is very interesting.

The bible god made plants before sun....
The bible god spent 5 days to create planet earth and 1 day to create the rest of the universe.
The bible god made the moon a light to govern the night and sun to govern the day....
The bible god obviously failed physics
Can you prove that with a bible quotation? The light was created in the beginning in genesis 1: 4..ans the grass and herbs and trees were created in verse 11 after the separation of the land from the waters..you see, when wannabe atheists like you mock creationists with the little knowledge of memes you read on the net it is ridiculous..that you don't know what the Bible says neither what science says..ironically most creationists are distinguished scientists in their field of study yet the exhibit no arrogance compared to your likes.
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by dangoteinlaw: 10:41am On May 01, 2020
dukeprince50:

It's not their fault, most of these guys studied mass communication and now selling women sandals in Aba, u can't make them understand a thing
selling sandals or anything for that matter would be too complicated for their fish brains, most of them are now full time house wives and they were lucky to end up there lol
Re: 100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:42am On May 01, 2020
demmie1:

Please go and read and make research.
I've read more journals and researches on this matter than the number of your years on this earth and it's not bragging.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex / Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) / Live Updates On Today's Solar Eclipse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.