Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,235 members, 7,853,205 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:35 PM

What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? (5368 Views)

Onshore Oil Fields They Don't Want You To See / Govt Opens Bid Round For 31 Marginal Oil Fields / Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by Missy85(f): 10:02pm On Jan 10, 2011
Bear,

You dont want to be in central London if England and Scotland are playing! There's usually a massive tear-up between supporters fueled by alchohol and pent-up resentment (maybe thats overstating it) going back over 500 yrs!

There's certainly no love lost between these people.

ethnicity-fueled strifes are not peculiar to Africa.
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by aljharem11(m): 10:02pm On Jan 10, 2011
eku_bear:

Abeg, let the Igbo and their neighbors resolve who is Igbo and who isn't. Doesn't really concern any of the rest of us, I think.
Akhenaten:

Thank you. Speak some sense into your brothers. Igbo affairs do not concern anyone but the Igbos themselves. It is not like we Igbos worry ourselves who is Hausa, Yoruba etc.

well, i am half igbo and i can talk for my people  smiley
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by Akhenaten: 10:03pm On Jan 10, 2011
Deleted
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by Abagworo(m): 10:04pm On Jan 10, 2011
This Igbo argument is off topic and should be done in our cultural Igbo threads.Alj Harem cannot determine our boundaries for us.

That said,Igbos need to avoid being lured into arguing with non-Igbos about our culture.All these Ikwerre,Ika,Igbo etc issues are more or less internal Igbo affairs.

Back to topic; I still maintain my stand on Nigeria remaining as one entity practising true federalism.
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by aljharem11(m): 10:06pm On Jan 10, 2011
Akhenaten:

alj harem1, I advise you to listen to eku_bear. Stay out of Igbo affairs. It doesn't concern you. And you are not half Igbo. We don't have that in any Igbo culture that I know. You either Igbo or you aren't.

that is bul.lshit,, you here me bull.poo

i am half igbo just like there are half ibibio and half igbo so stop this your nonsense ok angry

is eze uche not half ibibio half arochukwu angry
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by Akhenaten: 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2011
Deleted
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by aljharem11(m): 10:08pm On Jan 10, 2011
Abagworo:

This Igbo argument is off topic and should be done in our cultural Igbo threads.Alj Harem cannot determine our boundaries for us.

That said,Igbos need to avoid being lured into arguing with non-Igbos about our culture.All these Ikwerre,Ika,Igbo etc issues are more or less internal Igbo affairs.

Back to topic; I still maintain my stand on Nigeria remaining as one entity practising true federalism.

i agree with you, but this man called Akhenaten is been posting crap since he joined NL
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by ekubear1: 10:09pm On Jan 10, 2011
alj harem1:

well, i am half igbo and i can talk for my people  smiley

grin grin grin
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by Missy85(f): 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2011
Akhenaten,

makes your blood boil!!!!

na wa o

whatever happened to free speech. how can you ban somebody from commenting on an Igbo issue, simply because they are not/you suspect they are not Igbo?

democracy anyone?
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by aljharem11(m): 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2011
Akhenaten:

Well I agree with you for the most part. It just makes my blood boil, when people try to interfere in Igbo affairs. You never hear of the Igbo being worried about other groups.

alj harem is an internet troll who should be banned. It sickens me that the moderators have not banned him. All the nonsense about who is Igbo and who isn't started with nonsensical posting.

just keep shut, i am half igbo just like ezeuche is half ibibio so stop this ur nonsense

is it because i do not support your views makes me a non-igbo

who are you to even tell me that angry u dey craze angry
angry,, yes i agree with Abagworo it is an internal matter angry
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by Akhenaten: 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2011
Deleted
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by aljharem11(m): 10:13pm On Jan 10, 2011
Missy85:

makes your blood boil!!!!

na wa o

whatever happened to free speech. how can you ban somebody from commenting on an Igbo issue, simply because they are not/you suspect they are not Igbo?

democracy anyone?

thank you ooooo

if i have posted that we igbo are have igbos in cameroun and ika and ikwerri are igbo they all will say i am a true igbo,,,, but now i am saying how do we unite them they all are shouting angry
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by Missy85(f): 10:14pm On Jan 10, 2011
you too, you know how to pull their legs grin

leave Akhenaten alone pls, esp now his blood's boiling
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by aljharem11(m): 10:15pm On Jan 10, 2011
Akhenaten:

M[b]y cultural threads are crap?   Showing Igbo masquerades and Ekpe festivals are crap[/b]? Internet troll I have no time for you. Listen to other people's words, Igbo affairs do not concern you. And you will be refuted with extreme prejudice.

Ama nna gi chiekwa.
all those picture were lovely, i really loved them, and they are rare pictures also smiley

but since u came to the political section, u have been posting crap angry
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by Akhenaten: 10:16pm On Jan 10, 2011
Deleted
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by aljharem11(m): 10:17pm On Jan 10, 2011
Missy85:

you too, you know how to pull their legs grin

leave Akhenaten alone pls

no i am not pulling anyone's leg

all i suggested was how to unite igbos from ika to ikwerri etc and he just started boiling like oil in sahara desert  angry

go to cultural section, you will see me tellng ika and ikwerri people that they are one with igbo,, i have never tried to divide the igbos never!!!!

but thank fo your post smiley
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by aljharem11(m): 10:21pm On Jan 10, 2011
Akhenaten:

I should have done this a long time ago. You are ignored from now on. Now we can go back to discussing the topic.

abegi c'mon here, mumu even those Nler before you know me that i support igbos for the right cause not lying that we are united when we are not

i even wasted my time to show you links, you are here posting crap

i will not be surprise if an igbo man lying to be ikwerri come and post crap just like abadaba or andre uweh angry
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by ekubear1: 10:21pm On Jan 10, 2011
Akhenaten:

I should have done this a long time ago. You are ignored from now on. Now we can go back to discussing the topic.

He is highly entertaining though. You'll miss out  wink
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by asha80(m): 10:22pm On Jan 10, 2011
Akhenaten when you stay in nairaland long enough you will learn to ignore some people.
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by aljharem11(m): 10:25pm On Jan 10, 2011
asha 80:

Akhenaten when you stay in nairaland long enough you will learn to ignore some people.

like who may i ask undecided
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by Akhenaten: 10:26pm On Jan 10, 2011
asha 80:

It is very hard I must say. It takes away from very intelligent debates, when you have people trying to create trouble. If you do not confront those who continue to spread lies, people will take their words as the truth. Just look at the Republicans in the United States and how they control the message better than the Democrats. The American people start to believe the lies that peddled by Republicans and the nation suffers. I will take your advice and ignore some of these people.
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by aljharem11(m): 10:28pm On Jan 10, 2011
Akhenaten:

It is very hard I must say. I[b]t takes away from very intelligent debates, when you have people trying to create trouble. If you do not confront those who continue to spread lies, [/b]people will take their words as the truth. Just look at the Republicans in the United States and how they control the message better than the Democrats. The American people start to believe the lies that peddled by Republicans and the nation suffers.

so are you saying that i am lying when i brought out links to show you that you are wrong
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by asha80(m): 10:33pm On Jan 10, 2011
Akhenaten:

It is very hard I must say. It takes away from very intelligent debates, when you have people trying to create trouble. If you do not confront those who continue to spread lies, people will take their words as the truth. Just look at the Republicans in the United States and how they control the message better than the Democrats. The American people start to believe the lies that peddled by Republicans and the nation suffers. I will take your advice and ignore some of these people.

Do not worry.You will get used to it.
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by aljharem11(m): 10:35pm On Jan 10, 2011
[size=15pt]some of my igbo brother are delusional, i come to this trend having an intelligent discussion with everyone including yorubas, and they answered my questions clearly without any insult or anyone getting angry

i barly start asking my igbo brothers question (i did not involve Akhenaten in to this discussion) and next thing they start tell me how anti-igbo i am, i am not half igbo , it is not in there culture

so the elders from anambra state that told me my heritage are lairs  

so ezeuche that is half ibibio half igbo is accepted as igbo but me half kanuri half igbo, i am not accepted,,, what double standard is this

i am really getting tried of all this people saying i am not igbo because it is very very annoying and an insult not only the the igbo elders but to igbo culture in general [/size] angry
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by Dede1(m): 10:37pm On Jan 10, 2011
It is a matter of time before Nigeria ceases to be a country. There is no doubt in my mind that the disintegration of Nigeria shall be a sudden occurrence with people of similar culture coupled with geographical proximity binding together for common course.

People are still hiding behind the foolishness of 1967 when many southern Nigerians were hoodwinked by propaganda and scared by unfounded Igbo domination. Now, I believed the scales had fallen off their eyes unfortunately they are yet to overcome the personal denial of stupi.dity.
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by aljharem11(m): 10:39pm On Jan 10, 2011
Dede1:

It is a matter of time before Nigeria ceases to be a country. There is no doubt in my mind that the disintegration of Nigeria shall be a sudden occurrence with people of similar culture coupled with geographical proximity binding together for common course.

People are still hiding behind the foolishness of 1967 where many southern Nigerians were hoodwinked by propaganda and scared by unfounded Igbo domination. Now, I believed the scales had fallen off their eyes unfortunately they are yet to overcome the personal denial of stupi.dity.

why should nigeria cease to be a country,,,,,why!!!!!
angry
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by Obiagu1(m): 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2011
alj harem1:

some of my igbo brother are delusional, i come to this trend having an intelligent discussion with everyone including yorubas, and they answered my questions clearly without any insult or anyone getting angry

i barly start asking my igbo brothers question (i did not involve Akhenaten in to this discussion) and next thing they start tell me how anti-igbo i am, i am not half igbo , it is not in there culture

so the elders from anambra state that told me my heritage are lairs  

so ezeuche that is half ibibio half igbo is accepted as igbo but me half kanuri half igbo, i am not accepted,,, what double standard is this

i am really getting tried of all this people saying i am not igbo because it is very very annoying and an insult not only the the igbo elders but to igbo culture in general angry

That's because your father's lineage is not Igbo whereas Ezeuche's is, therefore Ezeuche is 100% Igbo whereas you are 0% Igbo.
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by aljharem11(m): 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2011
why should nigeria cease to be a country

no one has answered this question

most of the people here are all talking about oil and lagos
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by ekubear1: 10:42pm On Jan 10, 2011
alj harem1:

[so ezeuche that is half ibibio half igbo is accepted as igbo but me half kanuri half igbo, i am not accepted,,, what double standard is this

Descent is patrilineal in most societies. However, If you lived all your life in Igboland and viewed the world as most others do, I think you'd be accepted.

Unfortunately, you don't satisfy any of these requirements, so they don't consider you Igbo  undecided
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by aljharem11(m): 10:42pm On Jan 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

That's because your father's lineage is not Igbo whereas Ezeuche's is, therefore Ezeuche is 100% Igbo whereas you are 0% Igbo.

so ezeuche is clearly not ibibio then, and can not speak as if he is ibibio because each time we talk about biafra with ezeuche, he keep bring i am half igbo half ibibio and i can speak for ibibio,
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by Obiagu1(m): 10:43pm On Jan 10, 2011
I've said this before, if it will be possible to share southern oil with the North inorder to divide this country, the South should go for it or go to war, else we should forever shut up and stop complaining about the North.
Re: What If The North Takes Half Of The Oil Fields And Leave Peacefully? by ekubear1: 10:45pm On Jan 10, 2011
Nobody takes ezeuche seriously when he says he is speaking on behalf of the Ibibios, tho. At least, I don't.

There isn't really any dual nationality in Nigeria. You've got to pick one team (Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, etc) and stick with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Robbers Snatch Teachers’ Salaries In Yobe State / 2015 Poll; For SouthWest Voters..... APC or PDP? / Nigerian Army Ran Away When Bullets Didn't Penetrate IPOB Members In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.