Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) (43408 Views)

Does Annual Leave Days Include Weekend? / Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry / Dangote Group Appoints Olakunle Alake As Its New Group Managing Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Ernerstdavid55(m): 6:05pm On May 01, 2020
helinues:
What is mixed reaction about this..

So if things return back to normal, they still want to go for an annual leave again after spending how many months at home?

Well, the company might be looking for a way to relieve some staffs, ask Mikel if I am lying
oya make I go ask mikel grin
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by oyewale0001(m): 6:05pm On May 01, 2020
Doing the right thing at the right time. It is well
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by ChristineC: 6:06pm On May 01, 2020
Throwback:
How
do you classify this as a break? because I didn't see people going to the beach or taking trips to anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Ausval: 6:06pm On May 01, 2020
I think we should all think like business owners ...so if you own a business and let say your sales girl did not come to work for like 4weeks but you still paid her fully for the month ,but decided to take that 4weeks as her annual leave .for me i don't see anything wrong with that its a fair deal for me

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by calculator123(m): 6:06pm On May 01, 2020
ignis:
At least this is better than sacking staff.
Way better, at least for now. We don't know what plans they have up their sleeves.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Reex12(m): 6:06pm On May 01, 2020
P
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by oluwaseyi0: 6:06pm On May 01, 2020
F
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by senatepresido: 6:07pm On May 01, 2020
Lorayne:
Uwarka!
shege
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Badonasty(m): 6:08pm On May 01, 2020
Lol...sharp man
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Godmademan(m): 6:08pm On May 01, 2020
please when is Valentine's Day? I don't understand again. Can it be shifted too till after covid19?
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Kemimarch16(f): 6:08pm On May 01, 2020
It is better than to sack them

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by sapeleboi(m): 6:09pm On May 01, 2020
same they did at my work place
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Ekpekaycee: 6:09pm On May 01, 2020
ChristineC:
inhumanity. does the lock down feel like a break or imprisonment?

If you are an employer of labour, will you still grant leaves after the lock down?.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Exc2000: 6:10pm On May 01, 2020
come to think of it, what annual leave do they want again, after getting paid for staying at home for a month, they money paid them during lockdown when Dangote made nothing was gotten from the companies account and reserve

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Kobicove(m): 6:10pm On May 01, 2020
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by ijayopi(m): 6:10pm On May 01, 2020
Its better than sack o

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Augustenite(m): 6:11pm On May 01, 2020
This is highly welcome, hope other companies can do same not sacking sacking of a things. Anyway, remote work is the best thing at this moment. Its high time we all start learning new skills that doesn't demand your 100% physical presence in any company. Skills such as :
Digital marketing
Data Analytics and Data Science
Machine learning/AI
Software programming
Graphics design
Or you copy my Igbo brothers who are highly business minded because with that no body get to sack you.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Godmademan(m): 6:11pm On May 01, 2020
"Where any staff has exhausted his/her leave period, a commensurate amount would be deducted to cover the period."

Is it that you people are purposely avoiding this part or some can't interprete English

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Queenmark: 6:11pm On May 01, 2020
Banks also
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Freebuzz: 6:12pm On May 01, 2020
Lol
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by zedegit: 6:12pm On May 01, 2020
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by tunatrezy(m): 6:14pm On May 01, 2020
common sense
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by farem: 6:14pm On May 01, 2020
helinues:

So if things return back to normal, they still want to go for an annual leave again after spending how many months at home?

Well, the company might be looking for a way to relieve some staffs, ask Mikel if I am lying

You dey mind dem? Make dem go ask Access bank how e be.
Kudos to Dangote on this.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by beejay85: 6:14pm On May 01, 2020
Throwback:
Almost all multinational and IOC companies are already running down their staff's vacation days with the lockdown.

No union dare complain about that if you still have a job when all of this is over.

Anyone who has already fully consumed their vacation days can apply for extra days off in lieu of pay.
Yinmu
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Appswheel(m): 6:14pm On May 01, 2020
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by zedegit: 6:15pm On May 01, 2020
helinues:

Can you explain the part, a commensurate amount will be deducted..

Is it their fault?

You told them to go home, only to write rubbish...

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Lexusgs430: 6:16pm On May 01, 2020
Wahala dey o......
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 01, 2020
Better.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by realstars: 6:17pm On May 01, 2020
Good For Them.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by tunary(m): 6:20pm On May 01, 2020
This man is smart
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Onomat: 6:21pm On May 01, 2020
What is happening ? This is as using your leave to pay yourself. If labor accept dis. Then, Nigeria policy is corrupt.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Goalnaldo(m): 6:21pm On May 01, 2020
If Nigerian government can declare may 1st as public holiday despite lockdown, I don't see why Dangote can't give his workers their annual leave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? / I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / Ahmed Abdulrahman Helps His Sick Cleaner Who Failed To Show Up At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.