Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) (43395 Views)

Does Annual Leave Days Include Weekend? / Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry / Dangote Group Appoints Olakunle Alake As Its New Group Managing Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by davebiyi30: 9:18pm On May 01, 2020
Great idea!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by harissonk1(m): 9:47pm On May 01, 2020
How I wish my employer too can think in this direction! At least, they will still be paid their salary and also leave allowance!
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by litaninja(m): 9:50pm On May 01, 2020
Did they want to go on leave voluntarily at this time?

helinues:
What is mixed reaction about this..

So if things return back to normal, they still want to go for an annual leave again after spending how many months at home?

Well, the company might be looking for a way to relieve some staffs, ask Mikel if I am lying
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by ogene70: 9:51pm On May 01, 2020
Blame them not for they own no businesses, hence do not know how it feels to lockdown a company for 5 weeks .
We have paid April ,I doubt if we can pay may should this lockdown persists...not easy at all.

Throwback:

How?

After weeks of unproductivity with pay, you want the company to still allocate productive time when the lockdown is over for their staff to still go relax at home?

It is you who have no compassion for industry, enterprise and the national economy.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by ardeysholah: 9:59pm On May 01, 2020
senatepresido:
Their own good na, at least dem get work, me don send CV tire, no work, no money, no girlfriend, on lockdown.... who did I offend
Almighty God will surely do all the things you desire above for you. Best wishes
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Benjamin4388(m): 10:07pm On May 01, 2020
ChristineC:
inhumanity. does the lock down feel like a break or imprisonment?

those asking me questions, I guess you guys spend your work breaks collapsed in your chairs all through. if this feels like a break to you, then I can only SMH at your lifestyle grin grin grin

some others make plans, you know, like travel. ever heard of that?

So you would prefer still going for annual leave and not collecting lockdown salary since you didn't work...you guys want to eat and still have you cake...go flex and travel na
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Throwback: 10:10pm On May 01, 2020
papaa4:
who told you that dey are nt working in dis lockdown

It doesn't apply to those who work from home.

I'm also an employee and a leader of my team.

I know those who are working from home owing to social distancing needs in the work place, I know those who are just at home because there is reduced activity. So vacation days are being consumed accordingly.

Only an insane personnel who has managed to survive the layoffs that the firm is currently executing, would demand that the forcefully consumed vacation days during the lockdown be returned to him/her when activity finally picks up in the near future with a reduced staff strength.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Throwback: 10:11pm On May 01, 2020
Abeyjide:

if you are in their shoe,am very sure you will make a complaint. stop being bias

I am also an employee, so I should be a fellow complainant.

But I'm a rational human being.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by suremanpatriot: 10:30pm On May 01, 2020
We hav been shouting this jingle that Africa cannot afford more than 5days lockdown,yet yu ppl were busy copyin oyinbo wey get living wages and powerful socioeconomic systems.
undecided Awon oloshii,now the poor workers are bearin this lockdown consequences.I pray crime doesnt skyrocket under hardship but na politrickcian rich man go suffer it.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by awa(m): 10:35pm On May 01, 2020
Wickedness
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Laeroy(f): 10:37pm On May 01, 2020
brownlolly:

Sometime last year you were in a position to support your sister in law and her child who moved to your house. You claimed to be wicked and selfish and you wanted her to leave. Today, you are stranded and you need help. See life?

By the way, it seems like you're now separated from your husband. I'm not surprised.

I actually do feel sorry for you. I hope you have changed.
It is well with me... Thank you
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by henryhemon(m): 10:42pm On May 01, 2020
Godmademan:
"Where any staff has exhausted his/her leave period, a commensurate amount would be deducted to cover the period."

Is it that you people are purposely avoiding this part or some can't interprete English

They can't. We received this mail recently, we are not even profit making, we fested on the man. This is wickedness, atleast give it one month or 2.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by henryhemon(m): 10:46pm On May 01, 2020
macaranta:
Nothing wrong in this if you ask me...

You don't know man. There is everything wrong with it.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by henryhemon(m): 10:51pm On May 01, 2020
harissonk1:
How I wish my employer too can think in this direction! At least, they will still be paid their salary and also leave allowance!

They will not. How many days leave in a year do you have??
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by octavian(m): 10:59pm On May 01, 2020
sonnie10:
Is annual leave not part of your EARNED TIME? You worked for those vacation days, it was not free. In your original employment agreement, there is a part where you and your employer agreed regarding how much vacation you get if you work for a certain time.

It is not their sole position to make such unilateral decision. You have a say in it because it’s your time, they did not dash you that time. It was earned. Meaning you have worked for it already and it belongs to you not them. They are just keeping custody until you use it.

Do you even know that some companies would pay you and equal naira value of you vacation time if you do not go? What that means is that you are being short changed.
The period you stayed home was not your fault, not that you are refusing to go to work, now how come you are the one beating the burnt.?

This is just not fair!

At first, I was lost in the response but I later understood from the latter part. The honest truth is, it's not possible that most of his Staff are not working from home, assuming you are working from home and you meet your deliverables then Annual Leave is earned or accrued by the number of days you work in a month.

It makes no reasonable sense if the staff is working from home in this period and they are denied Annual Leave, it seems working from home in this period is even more demanding than working from the office but in all hope, they find a middle ground
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 01, 2020
bukatyne:

So sad.

Although I think a lot of companies would go same route or reduce the amount of leave days.
yep!
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Diamondplus1805(m): 11:57pm On May 01, 2020
Hope leave allowance was released during the Lockdown.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Godmademan(m): 12:00am On May 02, 2020
henryhemon:

They can't. We received this mail recently, we are not even profit making, we fested on the man. This is wickedness, atleast give it one month or 2.
Sorry about it. Tough times don't last, tough people do
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by charmingfrank(m): 12:51am On May 02, 2020
senatepresido:
Their own good na, at least dem get work, me don send CV tire, no work, no money, no girlfriend, on lockdown.... who did I offend
your time is coming
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by calculator123(m): 2:23am On May 02, 2020
Abeyjide:

so, if he or she has crucial thing to do ,he won t?
stop the joke.
Something crucial like what?
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by lordthree(m): 3:01am On May 02, 2020
EBMedia:

http://igberetvnews.com/1349686/flash-covid-19-dangote-group-converts-lockdown-break-staffers-annual-leave-photo/
Whoever leaked this is from HR no staff would print out a memo
Shame on that person
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by henryhemon(m): 8:17am On May 02, 2020
Godmademan:
Sorry about it. Tough times don't last, tough people do

Thanks.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Lilymax(f): 9:03am On May 02, 2020
helinues:
What is mixed reaction about this..

So if things return back to normal, they still want to go for an annual leave again after spending how many months at home?

Well, the company might be looking for a way to relieve some staffs, ask Mikel if I am lying
My step dad works in dangote flour mills , and he has been going to work since the lockdown started. So they haven't had any break.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Mac2016(m): 9:28am On May 02, 2020
At worst, it shd be half half... Why shd it be utterly converted to annual leave?
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Sweetcho: 9:34am On May 02, 2020
Some of these billionaires you wonder are they really? If he took £1 million to pay the staff would he no longer be a billionaire or is he that greedy
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Nobody: 10:16am On May 02, 2020
Discover the art of computer programming and learn what a code can do online at YouTube Programming School free. You get to be exposed to programming languages such as python, java, c++, etc. from the scratch. Learn how to code, and make money from it.

Youtube Programming School
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpPwUAYOD-chcxMZREaH8WmWLhott2q4f
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by charlly2016(m): 11:40am On May 02, 2020
It is true that Nigerian youths are lazy. Imagine somebody that spent one month on lockdown still want to go on leave again.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Psoul(m): 1:58pm On May 02, 2020
crownwealth:
Wickedness

How's it wickedness. If you're a company owner, will you keep paying your staff salaries when they are at home for months and there's no income generation.

I'm a civil servant too. I've received memo to proceed on annual leave without pay. It's a better option than sack. I've another line of business which I was also running while working. This will also give me opportunity to give more attention to it.

I don't want to agree with you that the decision of the firm is an act of wickedness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DESOPADEC Workers Strip Unclad To Protest Non-Payment Of Bonuses (Pics) / Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality / Ahmed Abdulrahman Helps His Sick Cleaner Who Failed To Show Up At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.