Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) (43414 Views)

Does Annual Leave Days Include Weekend? / Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry / Dangote Group Appoints Olakunle Alake As Its New Group Managing Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by julybaba(m): 6:21pm On May 01, 2020
Leave after leave
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Craaaa: 6:21pm On May 01, 2020
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by CasNova: 6:23pm On May 01, 2020
I'm not surprised to read this.

Many employees should forget about annual leave this year.

They have got the leave already.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by RZArecta(m): 6:25pm On May 01, 2020
SeverusSnape:
See Sense.
they denied this, a premium times reporter is already in trouble
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 01, 2020
This is totally wrong, I ve been working all through the lockdown as a truck driver but if i wasn't, i woulda still get paid as long as the lockdown lasts and i will still be entitled to 8 weeks paid holiday and 12 months sickness pay. i mean, it's not their fault the lockdown happened.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 01, 2020
Antox:
Things are getting hard.
Oh Lord help your children

I received April salary, I want to return to work bcoz MAY fit no sure atall

Las Las we go dey alright.

Can you imagine while i m bn owe 2 months salary. Last i recieve anything alert was February salary
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 01, 2020
CasNova:
I'm not surprised to read this.

Many employees should forget about annual leave this year.

They have got the leave already.
err.. i don't think so, depends on the kinda contract one have with their employer, is it the employees fault they are on lockdown? afterall the shareholders will still get their shares, whenever business starts up again.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by bukatyne(f): 6:31pm On May 01, 2020
Have the employees been working remotely?

If yes, this is nonsense.

If no, the company is been 'smart'. What I find obnoxious is that they want to reduce salaries for people who have exceeded their annual leave.

There is a reason events like pandemics are force majeur.

Nobody plans nor foresees them.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 01, 2020
bukatyne:
Have the employees been working?

If yes, this is nonsense.

If no, the company is been 'smart'. What I find obnoxious is that they want to reduce salaries for people who have exceeded their annual leave.

There is a reason events like pandemics are force majeur.

Nobody plans nor foresees them.
Absolutely! it is totally wrong how they are been treated
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by adabaraabdul: 6:32pm On May 01, 2020
Means annual leave has been used up....till another year

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 01, 2020
dirtydiva:
Can you imagine while i m bn owe 2 months salary. Last i recieve anything alert was February salary
You are owed 2 months salary and you are still in the job? an employer has no right to owe you for even a month let alone 2 months, how do they expect you to survive?
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by adabaraabdul: 6:35pm On May 01, 2020
Throwback:

How?

After weeks of unproductivity with pay, you want the company to still allocate productive time when the lockdown is over for their staff to still go relax at home?

It is you who have no compassion for industry, enterprise and the national economy.
it really depends on the department ur working.....production could be going on and all production staff will still have their hands on deck working their ass out

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Changai(m): 6:35pm On May 01, 2020
So what happened to “working from home”... Scam!!!
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:36pm On May 01, 2020
ChristineC:
inhumanity. does the lock down feel like a break or imprisonment?

those asking me questions, I guess you guys spend your work breaks collapsed in your chairs all through. if this feels like a break to you, then I can only SMH at your lifestyle grin grin grin

some others make plans, you know, like travel. ever heard of that?
What is the essence of a leave?
Shey its rest?
Oya na, dey are well rested! grin

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by macaranta(m): 6:37pm On May 01, 2020
Nothing wrong in this if you ask me...

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Klington: 6:38pm On May 01, 2020
Very thoughtful of them.

Only unproductive staffers will agitate.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 01, 2020
gypsey:
You are owed 2 months salary and you are still in the job? an employer has no right to owe you for even a month let alone 2 months, how do they expect you to survive?
They said our head office in Victoria Island is affected by lockdown even though its a pharmaceutical company, I just weak for ds country and their local investors
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by BruncleZuma: 6:40pm On May 01, 2020
It's good to see those bashing Atiku, praising Dangote una hypocrisy nah 1st grade.

Okáré ooo

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by aladeokin1000(m): 6:41pm On May 01, 2020
cool
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by TruthSpeaker: 6:42pm On May 01, 2020
NICE GESTURE TO AVOID MASSIVE SACKING. SOME WILL SAY HE IS BEING AN OPPORTUNIST.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 01, 2020
dirtydiva:
They said our head office in Victoria Island is affected by lockdown even though its a pharmaceutical company, I just weak for ds country and their local investors
was the lockdown your fault? what they did to you is totally wrong.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by EncourageMe: 6:46pm On May 01, 2020
ChristineC:

those asking me questions, I guess you guys spend your work breaks collapsed in your chairs all through. if this feels like a break to you, then I can only SMH at your lifestyle grin grin grin

do not mind people, they are just reacting according to their level of ignorance, workers use annual leave to do things like traveling, supervision of their building projects, innovations, marriages, burial for their demise parents/relatives, adventures etc, mean while they could not do all those things during the lockdown and some people are here supporting the selfish act by Dangote company.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by therajah: 6:46pm On May 01, 2020
ChristineC:

If you have ur own company, you will see how it is.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by kabillionaire(m): 6:50pm On May 01, 2020
I'm not surprised, that's the dangote I know.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by oluwasegun007(m): 6:52pm On May 01, 2020
If you own dangote what would you recommend
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by simaustine: 6:54pm On May 01, 2020
This is better than retrenchment

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by obstead200(m): 6:55pm On May 01, 2020
ChristineC:

Na because u get money to travel Na.
Ever heard of millions of Nigerians who work so hard but can't afford a trip to Thier village?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 01, 2020
I here say Dangote factory na hard labour and the salary na peanut.It is not encouraging for a richest man in Africa.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Engrr(m): 6:55pm On May 01, 2020
helinues:
What is mixed reaction about this..

So if things return back to normal, they still want to go for an annual leave again after spending how many months at home?

Well, the company might be looking for a way to relieve some staffs, ask Mikel if I am lying

How could you say that? I am sure that you don't work because if you do, you could have known the meaning of annual leave

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 01, 2020
gypsey:
was the lockdown your fault? what they did to you is totally wrong.
We hv protest tire no show, I don give up on them just dat no hope if you quit your current job. Soldier go new cadet in be my company slogan
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by bukatyne(f): 7:02pm On May 01, 2020
gypsey:
Absolutely! it is totally wrong how are been treated

So sad.

Although I think a lot of companies would go same route or reduce the amount of leave days.
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by MissJoy29(f): 7:02pm On May 01, 2020
It's not just Dangote Group o. My office too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other / Ahmed Abdulrahman Helps His Sick Cleaner Who Failed To Show Up At Work / I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.