Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. (1911 Views)

Yoruba, Biafra UNPO Membership: Risk Of Nigeria Breaking Up Now Higher / UN Has Admitted Biafra As 46th Member Of UNPO — Uwazurike / Yoruba Nation Becomes 45th Member Of UNPO — Akintoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by dignity33: 6:17pm On May 01, 2020
my fellow Biafra this two men are taking us as fools and is a time they step aside for Biafra to move forward. They continue to tell more than 70 million of people lies every day and No body seem objecting them today is Nnamdi Kanu with lies tomorrow is Uwazurike what did this two men take us for. Vanguard news made a head line that UN has included Biafra as UNPO member said by Uwazurike, but checking their website I found nothing like Biafra or Igbos .

https://unpo.org/nations-peoples
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by dalongjnr: 7:27pm On May 01, 2020
dignity33:
my fellow Biafra this two men are taking us as fools and is a time they step aside for Biafra to move forward. They continue to tell more than 70 million of people lies every day and No body seem objecting them today is Nnamdi Kanu with lies tomorrow is Uwazurike what did this two men take us for. Vanguard news made a head line that UN has included Biafra as UNPO member said by Uwazurike, but checking their website I found nothing like Biafra or Igbos .

Honestly, with the propaganda going on in this country, it's difficult to believed anything and anybody.
Nnamdi KANU is propagandist per excellence.
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 01, 2020
Is this how you want to run your Biafra Republic? May God help you.
An average Igbo man can not be trusted.

4 Likes

Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by DontCough: 7:47pm On May 01, 2020
Igbos won't listen, but a United Nigeria is best for us all.
SW, SS, SE, North can all find a common ground for a United Nigeria. Unfortunately for us, we creating more problems for the unborn generations due to our disputes.

1 Like

Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by dignity33: 7:55pm On May 01, 2020
DontCough:
SW, SS, SE, North can all find a common ground for a United Nigeria. Unfortunately for us, we creating more problems for the unborn generations due to our disputes.
you make sense but until we the masses unite against our common enemy the looters and stop thowing the part of tribalism to select a leader.

1 Like

Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by DontCough: 8:07pm On May 01, 2020
dignity33:
you make sense but until we the masses unite against our common enemy the looters and stop thowing the part of tribalism to select a leader.

A major problem of Nigeria you stated up there. I believe Nigerians will get it right if only we can imbibe more positivity, we will defeat the thieving miscreants.

1 Like

Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by gidgiddy: 8:12pm On May 01, 2020
DontCough:

A united Nigeria is best for us? Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world and home of terrorism in Africa.

Remind me again how a united Nigeria is best for us?

2 Likes

Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by ChimaAdeoye: 8:27pm On May 01, 2020
dalongjnr:

Honestly, with the propaganda going on in this country, it's difficult to believed anything and anybody.
Nnamdi KANU is propagandist per excellence.

Believe MURIC!

[s]
dignity33:

[/s]

By the way, did you also find O'dua Republic or Oduduwa Repulic?

4 Likes

Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by DontCough: 8:30pm On May 01, 2020
gidgiddy:

A united Nigeria is best for us? Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world and home of terrorism in Africa.

Because individually, we lack self purpose. There by, we steering a purposeless Nation.
When individual Nigerians imbibe purposeful & positive orientations, we will together drive Nigeria to Greatness.
Ghana have low population but still categorised as an under developed Nation, why? Even South Africa which enjoys the priviledge of her foreign white residents in terms of infrastructural developments have her underlying problems with black South Africans, why?
Because the African mind lives in a state that must be altered. The African mind lives in a negative state.

Yorubas, Igbos, Deltans, Hausas all have their personal challenges that if not changed, will still hunt even if we are seperated.
By the time we find the truth in seperation, we'll then wish we unite.
My man, there is Power in Unity.
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by Ojiofor: 9:00pm On May 01, 2020
Ogoni is a member.

1 Like

Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by Area4Area: 9:09pm On May 01, 2020
gidgiddy:

Give you Biafra today and a bitter civil war of supremacy starts, when we tell you that agitation for Biafra is not only an IPOB thing, you guys start chest beating and getting insulting

Onwuka of BZM is there, leader of the new MASSOB is there and several others and none see eye to eye.

Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world today but war ravaged, overpopulated and disease filled Biafra would be worse.

Don't think you'd still be free roaming around Nigeria freely as you do today, you'd be in Biafra fighting for any of the factions you fancy
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by helinues: 9:32pm On May 01, 2020
grin

Ogoni are even a member

Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by Yobabad: 10:00pm On May 01, 2020
Local Yoruba Muslims will not rest, the think Biafra agitation is by our mouth, pls is in blood and it must come to pass,

3 Likes

Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by llakes4real: 10:07pm On May 01, 2020
DontCough:

Buhari is the problem. That man is not intelligent at all! Imagine people talking about 2023 election when we just in 2020, and others talking and making moves for the dissolution of the country.
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by llakes4real: 10:11pm On May 01, 2020
gidgiddy:

Where are you from and I would convince you that Nigeria is best for your people? For your information, China and India used to be the poverty capital of the world, but where are they today?
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by DontCough: 10:17pm On May 01, 2020
llakes4real:

Buhari is the problem. That man is not intelligent at all! Imagine people talking about 2023 election when we just in 2020, and others talking and making moves for the dissolution of the country.

Buhari is a problem, agreed. What about you and me, the citizens? Are we faithful in our Civil duties?
The last time I checked, it still remains in discovery that many Nigerians are too self-centered, that we fail to agree in building monumentals.

1 Like

Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by llakes4real: 10:28pm On May 01, 2020
DontCough:

The last time I checked, it still remains in discovery that many Nigerians are too self-centered, that we fail to agree in building monumentals.

I get your point bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by Difrent: 10:32pm On May 01, 2020
llakes4real:

You mean those sore losers who are yet to get over the loss of election TWICE to the man they loathe so much

1 Like

Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by gidgiddy: 11:08pm On May 01, 2020
DontCough:

Because individually, we lack self purpose. There by, we steering a purposeless Nation.
When individual Nigerians imbibe purposeful & positive orientations, we will together drive Nigeria to Greatness.
Ghana have low population but still categorised as an under developed Nation, why? Even South Africa which enjoys the priviledge of her foreign white residents in terms of infrastructural developments have her underlying problems with black South Africans, why?
Because the African mind lives in a state that must be altered. The African mind lives in a negative state.

Yorubas, Igbos, Deltans, Hausas all have their personal challenges that if not changed, will still hunt even if we are seperated.
By the time we find the truth in seperation, we'll then wish we unite.
My man, there is Power in Unity.

People like you have been praying for Nigerian unity since Lugard returned to Britain. You will still be praying for Nigerian unity in 200 years when Lugard reincarnates and returns to tell you that he made a big mistake bringing us together and creating Nigeria in 1914.

The truth is that only people who have a similar outlook on life, similar aspirations and similar ideology should be in one country. It is people like this that can grow into a progressive nation. Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba are very different people who see things very differently

If after 105 years as a country and 60 years as a nation, we have not yet found unity, then the time has come to admit that the British colonial experiment called Nigeria has been a huge mistake.

It is now time for us to stop hoping that we will one day ruse above the ethnic, cultural, religious and ideological biases that divides us and hold a referendum that will allow those who no longer believe in the union of Nigeria to exit and chart a new course

1 Like

Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by llakes4real: 11:09pm On May 01, 2020
Difrent:

You mean those sore losers who are yet to get over the loss of election TWICE to the man they loathe so much

They have a right to react to the losses. Our president should have accommodated them in his government, but the man is too myopic. He keeps running a country of 200 million people like his nuclear family.

But some Yoruba groups too have joined the bandwagon of those that want their country.
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by DontCough: 11:16pm On May 01, 2020
gidgiddy:

People like you have been praying for Nigerian unity since Lugard returned to Britain. You will still be praying for Nigerian unity in 200 years when Lugard reincarnates and returns to tell you that he made a big mistake bringing us together and creating Nigeria in 1914.

The truth is that only people who have a similar outlook on life, similar aspirations and similar ideology should be in one country. It is people like this that can grow into a progressive nation. Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba are very different people who see things very differently

If after 105 years as a country and 60 years as a nation, we have not yet found unity, then the time has come to admit that the British colonial experiment called Nigeria has been a huge mistake.

It is now time for us to stop hoping that we will one day ruse above the ethnic, cultural, religious and ideological biases that divides us and hold a referendum that will allow those who no longer believe in the union of Nigeria to exit and chart a new course

Do you know a major problem of Nigerians? We keep revisiting our problems instead of seeking solutions.
This is the reason for many individual dilemmas.
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by llakes4real: 11:19pm On May 01, 2020
gidgiddy:

You are the one who have not found unity in the country. There are so many rainbow families in the country. Husband is Yoruba, wife is Igbo and father in-law is Hausa. What kind of family is that, if not united one. Not forgetting mixed religions too.

Outside the shores of this country, so many people enjoy benefits that other Africa countries would only dream of, because they are from the most populous country in Africa. Break the country into miserable parts and see this benefits vanish into thin air.

Many of you shouting Nigeria must break are only breading worse poverty for our children! And I hope you don't succeed.

1 Like

Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by Nobody: 1:12am On May 02, 2020
DontCough:

United Nigeria magbukwegi

So that I will be treated like trash.....
When I bash all these terrorists and businessmen them some fanatics will call for my head..

Nigeria must divide........

Those enjoying wouldn't want to restructure or allow for secession because they are pests.
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by gidgiddy: 2:21am On May 02, 2020
llakes4real:

You are the one who have not found unity in the country. There are so many rainbow families in the country. Husband is Yoruba, wife is Igbo and father in-law is Hausa. What kind of family is that, if not united one. Not forgetting mixed religions too.

Outside the shores of this country, so many people enjoy benefits that other Africa countries would only dream of, because they are from the most populous country in Africa. Break the country into miserable parts and see this benefits vanish into thin air.

Many of you shouting Nigeria must break are only breading worse poverty for our children! And I hope you don't succeed.

The Soviet union also had Rainbow families, Russians, Estonians, Latvians, Lithuanians and many others all inter-married. It was one huge country bigger than Nigeria several times in landmass and population. But it didn't work because some parts of it didn't connect with others. The Soviet Union disintegrated and over 10 countries emerged from it, most of which do not want to hear anything about the Soviet Union almost 30 years later

It was the same with Yugoslavia, one big country with Croats, Serbs, Bosnians, Albanians, Macedonia and so on. It could not stand because they were incompatible. Yugoslavia eventually broke up and about 8 countries emerged. Not one if them ever wants Yugoslavia again.

Mind you, Yugoslavia and the Soviet Union were created in 1918, just 4 years after Nigeria. They were both more developed than Nigeria, but they both broke up 30 years ago into almost 20 countries emerging.

What I'm trying to say is that not all colonial creations will work, not all unions will work and not all partnerships will work. It is time for us all to admit that the Nigerian union is a hopeless failure, and go the way of the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia. Let us hold a referendum and ask the indigenous people Lugard 'roped' into this British colonial creation called Nigeria, if they want to continue with it, or exit.

This constant hoping and wishing for "one Nigeria" has become too stale. Lets do the right thing and allow the people to decide, via referendum, who is a Nigerian.
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by 9japride(m): 4:00am On May 02, 2020
Uwazurike is not to be trusted.
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by llakes4real: 4:26am On May 02, 2020
gidgiddy:

What did these 101 countries get in return? Many of them have become aids recipients from the EU. That is one of the reasons the UK had to exclude themselves from EU. The UK were tired spoon-feeding many of them. So, what would be our gain if the country breaks up? Are we breaking up the country to be poorer? I hope AU would be nicer to the new countries that emerge from Nigeria, than they are to South Sudan.

Not forgetting, the "bad belle" conflicts that would result from the breakup (old Oyo empire and Russia-Ukraine are a very good examples.) Don't forget that these conflicts would also compound our poverty o! So I ask you again, what do we have to benefit from a breakup?
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by Difrent: 6:01am On May 02, 2020
llakes4real:

[b]They have a right to react to the losses. [/b]Our president should have accommodated them in his government, but the man is too myopic. He keeps running a country of 200 million people like his nuclear family.

But some Yoruba groups too have joined the bandwagon of those that want their country.

Sure
But if you claim your right to react to your loss in a sore manner that you'd rather burn down the country then we also have a right to vehemently resist any attempt to bring down the country after your loss.
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by DontCough: 6:59am On May 02, 2020
Xavfra:

United Nigeria magbukwegi

So that I will be treated like trash.....
When I bash all these terrorists and businessmen them some fanatics will call for my head..

Nigeria must divide........

Those enjoying wouldn't want to restructure or allow for secession because they are pests.

My man, life is a struggle, struggles are what make life beautiful, williness to struggle are what made men heroes. If only your fathers and mine fought for the good & right thing before you and me made it here, we will be enjoying the divideds of Unity where continually our hearts will bless our Fathers.

Individual problems are what make a compound problem.

World Powers have decided to make Africa it's footstool, if we refuse to fight for the discovery of our true person, our children will suffer more.
My man, you might not understand all of this things but I pray Heaven open your mind.
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by llakes4real: 9:58am On May 02, 2020
Difrent:

Sure
But if you claim your right to react to your loss in a sore manner that you'd rather burn down the country then we also have a right to vehemently resist any attempt to bring down the country after your loss.

Yes, you are right.
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by gidgiddy: 10:17am On May 02, 2020
llakes4real:

What did these 101 countries get in return? Many of them have become aids recipients from the EU. That is one of the reasons the UK had to exclude themselves from EU. The UK were tired spoon-feeding many of them. So, what would be our gain if the country breaks up? Are we breaking up the country to be poorer? I hope AU would be nicer to the new countries that emerge from Nigeria, than they are to South Sudan.

Not forgetting, the "bad belle" conflicts that would result from the breakup (old Oyo empire and Russia-Ukraine are a very good examples.) Don't forget that these conflicts would also compound our poverty o! So I ask you again, what do we have to benefit from a breakup?

Nigeria is already poverty capital of the world. Nigeria has more poor people than India and China combined and each of those countries is 5 times the population of Nigeria.
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by rationalhuman(m): 10:21am On May 02, 2020
I am just fed up people giving examples of India and China. Please dont compare with them.
As world`s ancient civilizations both India and China were more rich, More Powerful, More Innovative , More Powerful then entire Europe.
India and China both had 82% of entire worlds GDP.
Source:
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/2000-years-economic-history-one-chart/
https://www.newgeography.com/content/005050-500-years-gdp-a-tale-two-countries
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_history_of_India

Chinese were doing research on Explosive chemicals during Ming Times.
India was the birthplace of Trigonometry, Complex mathematics (Vedic).
Number system that we use in today's world was developed by Indians and same knowledge passed to Spain(ie. Europe) by Arab traders.

We can say these countries are claiming their destiny, the past glory, that was lost in middle due to various factors (and religion was one among them.)

Since when we have started studying mathematics in this continent?? 70s . so please dont compare apple to oranges.
If we can make a good schooling available to public and good hospitals in next 30 years then we are successful.

This continent has very long journey to go brother, and we are loosing hope.
llakes4real:

Where are you from and I would convince you that Nigeria is best for your people? For your information, China and India used to be the poverty capital of the world, but where are they today?
Re: Why Uwazurike Lies About Biafra Joining UNPO. by llakes4real: 11:21am On May 02, 2020
rationalhuman:
I a

Yes these civilisations were great before, but that didn't stop the Western Europeans from colonizing them both. My point is that, your greatness might be another person's starting pointing. Europeans did not rise by breaking up their empires, rather they expanded them! While the east were stagnate and depreciating, the west were only interested in growing. They formed bigger cities and empires and got involved in more trades with other people of the world!

And how did the east bounce back? Did they breakup their country into miserable chunks?

We stand to benefit lesser from the break up the country. Let's us all chase productive! Like every civilization that ever rose in this world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra To Adopt South African Model In Siting Government Institutions / 5 African Countries That Manufacture Guns And Ammunitions / Me Personally I Will Vote Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.