Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death (38906 Views)

Lagos Confirms 3 More Coronavirus Deaths / Lagos Confirms 4 COVID-19 Deaths / Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death by jorrychozy(m): 1:41am On May 02, 2020
crymay the good lord save us
Re: Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death by TruthSpeaker: 4:20am On May 02, 2020
emonkey:

And how many people has COVID killed in Nigeria since you have become realistic? You think people will die in such huge number as even in Europe and we the entire world will not know? Currently COVID deaths are generally on the decline all over the world and may just become maximum of 10 in every country by end of June. It may certainly return in winter but I am an optimist. Better for you to be optimistic too because I have no idea what you hope to gain from being a pessimist other than you love seeing people die in large numbers. That means you are a sadist not that you are realistic

Unfortunately the harvest time is near for Nigeria. Remember COVID-19 has found it’s way to the grassroots in Nigeria. When it was newly introduced from abroad, only a few wealthy Nigeria had the privilege (sarcastically talking) of living with COVID-19 in their system. Abba Kyari was one of them, but today he already dead. Now the disease even abides with almajiri dudes in the north. It is now present all over the country. Don’t let the numbers NCDC record fool you. Things are much worse. By the way how many test have been done in Nigeria so far? A country with over 200 million people.
Now realistically talking, it will really get worse in Nigeria in the coming weeks. Do you know that the population of Spain (46,940,000) + Italy (63,360,000) + UK (66,650,000) = 176,950,000 is still 23,050,000 less than that of Nigeria (200,000,000)? For sure you know that the total death toll in those 3 countries respectively are 24,824 + 28,236 + 27,510 = 80,570. Optimistically speaking, one can assume (or better said hope) that COVID-19 is in it’s twilight in both Italy and Spain. The same can’t be said of UK yet. And mind you the disease can do a U-turn in both Spain and Italy at any time. Don’t forget the Olympic Games has been postponed till next year and even the host Japan is still scared that in more that a year’s time that COVID-19 will still be very much around.
Nigeria’s official death rate today is unrealistically low at just 68. Of course with just 15,759 test done, a very different result isn’t expected. Of that number, many were repeated on same patients. Spain, Italy and UK have done 1,528,833, 2,053,425 and 1,023,824 tests respectively. Don’t forget there are already some mysterious happening in Kano.
Health system in Nigeria is very precarious and can’t be compared to any of the countries I have mentioned. We are amongst the worst (last quarter) in the world. That of course favors indiscriminate death toll. Poverty, malnutrition, poor hygiene, stubbornness etc wouldn’t help issues either. Naturally our life expectancy (54.49 years) is really low, so that already gives a clear picture of our reality.
The upcoming hotspot is now Brazil where the president Bolsonaro has been downgrading the disease by calling it a “simple flu”. He has been fighting with state governors to relax the lockdown and get the economy back to track. He even had to fire his health minister for sharply and openly disagreeing with him on the issue. Check out Brazil in the next coming days and weeks.
I have absolutely nothing to gain to see people die in large numbers. I am not immune to the disease neither are my family members and friends. I only like being real with the situation in ground instead of just saying we are covered with the blood of Jesus. We need to also take precaution ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death by TruthSpeaker: 4:42am On May 02, 2020
mindtricks:

I tell you. Though we are more religious.

WHO BEING MORE RELIGIOUS DON HELP? WHY IS OUR LIFE EXPECTANCY JUST 54.49 YEARS, WHILE THAT OF OTHER COUNTRIES LIKE ITALY IS 83.42 YEARS, SPAIN 83.49 YEARS, 81.40 YEARS, SOUTH AFRICA 63.87 YEARS, GHANA 63.91 YEARS, CUBA 78.79 YEARS, COLOMBIA 75.1 YEARS, JAMAICA 74.44 YEARS, HAITI 63.81 AND CHINA 76.79 YEARS? EVEN SOMALIA BETTER PASS US WITH THEIR 57.22 YEARS.
BEING MORE RELIGIOUS HASN’T PREVENTED BOKO HARAM AND FALANI HERD MEN FROM KILLING US. IT HAS NOT STOPPED NIGERIA FROM BEING THE WORLD CAPITAL OF POVERTY, NEITHER HAS IT PREVENTED US FROM HAVING EVIL AND VERY CORRUPT LEADERS. HAS IT PREVENTED US FROM BEING TERRIBLE HUMAN BEINGS (FRAUDSTERS, KIDNAPPERS, TERRORISTS, ETC)?
Re: Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death by showafrica(m): 4:46am On May 02, 2020
AtikuNetwork:
More people are starting to die from this virus. Smh.

Check US coro, u go see say our own coro dey mild. Since February coro came to Nigeria, its still dey 60 deaths and this is May. While US is counting 2000 a day upon lockdown for over 2 months. OurGod is wonderful
Re: Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death by TruthSpeaker: 4:47am On May 02, 2020
lexy2014:

We in Africa are waiting for Europe, china &America to provide us a cure & vaccine. Madagascar has a herbal cure which has given them good results.

THAT MADAGASCAR CLAIM HAS TO BE INTRICATELY INVESTIGATED.
Re: Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death by TruthSpeaker: 4:59am On May 02, 2020
showafrica:

Check US coro, u go see say our own coro dey mild. Since February coro came to Nigeria, its still dey 60 deaths and this is May. While US is counting 2000 a day upon lockdown for over 2 months. OurGod is wonderful

IT IS JUST A QUESTION OF TIME. AS AT FEBRUARY IT WAS JUST THE FEW PRIVILEGED NIGERIAS (SARCASTICALLY SPEAKING) THAT IMPORTED IT FROM OVERSEA THAT HAD IT. ABBA KYARI WAS ONE OF THEM AND BEHOLD HE IS NO MORE.
NOW COVID-19 HAS GENEROUSLY BEEN DISTRIBUTED AROUND THE WHOLE COUNTRY. WHEN ALMAJIRI DUDES IN THE NORTH ALREADY HAVE IT, YOU CAN NOW IMAGINE WHAT THE DIFFERENCE WILL LIKELY BE IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
ALL WE HAVE TO DO NOW IS TO BE VERY PRECAUTIOUS WHILE WE HOPE FOR THE BEST.
UNFORTUNATELY, I SMELL DOOM LURING AROUND THE CORNER
Re: Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death by showafrica(m): 6:16am On May 02, 2020
TruthSpeaker:

IT IS JUST A QUESTION OF TIME. AS AT FEBRUARY IT WAS JUST THE FEW PRIVILEGED NIGERIAS (SARCASTICALLY SPEAKING) THAT IMPORTED IT FROM OVERSEA THAT HAD IT. ABBA KYARI WAS ONE OF THEM AND BEHOLD HE IS NO MORE.
NOW COVID-19 HAS GENEROUSLY BEEN DISTRIBUTED AROUND THE WHOLE COUNTRY. WHEN ALMAJIRI DUDES IN THE NORTH ALREADY HAVE IT, YOU CAN NOW IMAGINE WHAT THE DIFFERENCE WILL LIKELY BE IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
ALL WE HAVE TO DO NOW IS TO BE VERY PRECAUTIOUS WHILE WE HOPE FOR THE BEST.
UNFORTUNATELY, I SMELL DOOM LURING AROUND THE CORNER

There is something fighting Coro for Africa. Most Africans recorded index cases that same February and yet death and infection rate is still very low. Do you know as at February, US had only 5 cases like South Africa and Egypt. I tell you, if its the same Coro that hit Italy and US came to Africa, by now we for dey see dead body for road bc health workers will run for there lives. Well, for Almajiris, coro will not gain anything by killing them, the coro might even be scared of the amount of bacteria coming in from there mouth and leave them alone. Hopefully, this coro be like white man diseases just like Sars, H1N1 virus, bird flu virus etc.
Re: Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death by lexy2014: 6:22am On May 02, 2020
TruthSpeaker:

THAT MADAGASCAR CLAIM HAS TO BE INTRICATELY INVESTIGATED.

Is anyone "intricately" interested in investigating it? Y are those who should "intricately investigating" it not interested in doing so? 132 cases, 94 recoveries and no deaths. Yet they are being ignored
Re: Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death by emonkey(m): 7:04am On May 02, 2020
TruthSpeaker:

Unfortunately the harvest time is near for Nigeria. Remember COVID-19 has found it’s way to the grassroots in Nigeria. When it was newly introduced from abroad, only a few wealthy Nigeria had the privilege (sarcastically talking) of living with COVID-19 in their system. Abba Kyari was one of them, but today he already dead. Now the disease even abides with almajiri dudes in the north. It is now present all over the country. Don’t let the numbers NCDC record fool you. Things are much worse. By the way how many test have been done in Nigeria so far? A country with over 200 million people.
Now realistically talking, it will really get worse in Nigeria in the coming weeks. Do you know that the population of Spain (46,940,000) + Italy (63,360,000) + UK (66,650,000) = 176,950,000 is still 23,050,000 less than that of Nigeria (200,000,000)? For sure you know that the total death toll in those 3 countries respectively are 24,824 + 28,236 + 27,510 = 80,570. Optimistically speaking, one can assume (or better said hope) that COVID-19 is in it’s twilight in both Italy and Spain. The same can’t be said of UK yet. And mind you the disease can do a U-turn in both Spain and Italy at any time. Don’t forget the Olympic Games has been postponed till next year and even the host Japan is still scared that in more that a year’s time that COVID-19 will still be very much around.
Nigeria’s official death rate today is unrealistically low at just 68. Of course with just 15,759 test done, a very different result isn’t expected. Of that number, many were repeated on same patients. Spain, Italy and UK have done 1,528,833, 2,053,425 and 1,023,824 tests respectively. Don’t forget there are already some mysterious happening in Kano.
Health system in Nigeria is very precarious and can’t be compared to any of the countries I have mentioned. We are amongst the worst (last quarter) in the world. That of course favors indiscriminate death toll. Poverty, malnutrition, poor hygiene, stubbornness etc wouldn’t help issues either. Naturally our life expectancy (54.49 years) is really low, so that already gives a clear picture of our reality.
The upcoming hotspot is now Brazil where the president Bolsonaro has been downgrading the disease by calling it a “simple flu”. He has been fighting with state governors to relax the lockdown and get the economy back to track. He even had to fire his health minister for sharply and openly disagreeing with him on the issue. Check out Brazil in the next coming days and weeks.
I have absolutely nothing to gain to see people die in large numbers. I am not immune to the disease neither are my family members and friends. I only like being real with the situation in ground instead of just saying we are covered with the blood of Jesus. We need to also take precaution ourselves.

Oga,you are not any realist, you are just scared. In Europe there are countries with low death rates - Norway is an example. So, the misfortune of Italy, Spain,,France, UK does not necessarily translate to same for Nigeria. And be wise to understand that more cases are being declared because more tests are being carried out in those countries. And more tests are being carried out mostly on suspected cases, they don’t drag people from the street to forcefully test them. More people are not being tested in Nigeria because not many people are declaring symptoms. And if we are not yet dying in thousands should we not be thankful for that instead of waiting for that tragedy to come ? Get a grip of yourself and start thinking like a normal human being with a desire to enjoy life as it comes , rather than expecting death to come knocking at your door next morning. And what has the blood of Jesus got to do with all the negative faith you have previously declared? You are a truly amazing “somebody”. cheesy
Re: Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death by TruthSpeaker: 9:53am On May 02, 2020
emonkey:

Oga,you are not any realist, you are just scared. In Europe there are countries with low death rates - Norway is an example. So, the misfortune of Italy, Spain,,France, UK does not necessarily translate to same for Nigeria. And be wise to understand that more cases are being declared because more tests are being carried out in those countries. And more tests are being carried out mostly on suspected cases, they don’t drag people from the street to forcefully test them. More people are not being tested in Nigeria because not many people are declaring symptoms. And if we are not yet dying in thousands should we not be thankful for that instead of waiting for that tragedy to come ? Get a grip of yourself and start thinking like a normal human being with a desire to enjoy life as it comes , rather than expecting death to come knocking at your door next morning. And what has the blood of Jesus got to do with all the negative faith you have previously declared? You are a truly amazing “somebody”. cheesy

I’m extremely realistic, not scared in anyway. You are still not getting it, I have already explained that the virus only got to the grassroots recently. Being like that, massive testing wasn’t expected before now. Did you expect massive street testing just after Abba Kyari and Atiku’s son imported it to Nigeria? Of course no. Time for more expansive testing is now that even Almajiri dudes in the north have the disease. Most states in Nigeria already have positive cases.
Of course testing is reserved for people with symptoms, contacts of positive cases and suspicion cases. While there are asymptomatic patients out there, testing is yet to be that generous.

It is no secret that test kits in Nigeria are seriously limited and some states lack testing facilities. I have colleagues practicing back home that are complaining of lack of adequate PPE. They also complain of lack of access to testing kits. Remember Nigeria has a population of over 200 million.
What I advocate for is for people to be very cautious and prepare for the worst case scenario, while they pray for the best.
Don’t forget Donald Trump initially wrote off COVID-19 claiming it was gonna be easily washed away. As I’m writing, more than 65,700 Americans have passed away due to COVID-19 in such a short period
. Brazil president is following the same part and the fatality is progressively increasing. On Tuesday he was reminded by a journalists that despite the fact he claims the disease is mild that more than 5,000 Brazilians have died. He simple response was “so what”? He said his second name is Messiah but that doesn’t mean he can do miracles to save people from death. He has supported people at rally protesting against the lockdown (which he is strongly against and he goes around without face mask at the rally) imposed by state governors.
Mind you I’m thousands of miles away from Nigeria. The fatalities due to COVID-19 in the country I reside is still less than 25 after almost 2 months of partial lockdown. Normal activities are now slowly being reintroduced, although face mask most be used to be able to enter shopping malls.
If people begin to die massively in Nigeria (I pray that wouldn’t be the case though), it will still be on the platform I will write to say I saw it coming.
Re: Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death by emonkey(m): 10:11am On May 02, 2020
TruthSpeaker:

I’m extremely realistic, not scared in anyway. You are still not getting it, I have already explained that the virus only got to the grassroots recently. Being like that, massive testing wasn’t expected before now. Did you expect massive street testing just after Abba Kyari and Atiku’s son imported it to Nigeria? Of course no. Time for more expansive testing is now that even Almajiri dudes in the north have the disease. Most states in Nigeria already have positive cases.
Of course testing is reserved for people with symptoms, contacts of positive cases and suspicion cases. While there are asymptomatic patients out there, testing is yet to be that generous.

It is no secret that test kits in Nigeria are seriously limited and some states lack testing facilities. I have colleagues practicing back home that are complaining of lack of adequate PPE. They also complain of lack of access to testing kits. Remember Nigeria has a population of over 200 million.
What I advocate for is for people to be very cautious and prepare for the worst case scenario, while they pray for the best.
Don’t forget Donald Trump initially wrote off COVID-19 claiming it was gonna be easily washed away. As I’m writing, more than 65,700 Americans have passed away due to COVID-19 in such a short period
. Brazil president is following the same part and the fatality is progressively increasing. On Tuesday he was reminded by a journalists that despite the fact he claims the disease is mild that more than 5,000 Brazilians have died. He simple response was “so what”? He said his second name is Messiah but that doesn’t mean he can do miracles to save people from death. He has supported people at rally protesting against the lockdown (which he is strongly against and he goes around without face mask at the rally) imposed by state governors.
Mind you I’m thousands of miles away from Nigeria. The fatalities due to COVID-19 in the country I reside is still less than 25 after almost 2 months of partial lockdown. Normal activities are now slowly being reintroduced, although face mask most be used to be able to enter shopping malls.
If people begin to die massively in Nigeria (I pray that wouldn’t be the case though), it will still be on the platform I will write to say I saw it coming.

You are writing from a country with 25 deaths and foretelling massive death for Nigeria. You should be ashamed of yourself. God will put your wish to shame. And since February, how many has COVID killed in Lagos where it began? How many has it killed in FCT where it appeared shortly after? So what is the basis of your foolish projection, other than it has now reached the grassroots but yet to kill in thousands as you wish would happen? Where were you when we were fighting and overcame Ebola ? Where were you when we were fighting Lassa Fever? Where have you been while we were fighting Malaria Fever for centuries? You have a very wicked mind and God will not permit your "I saw it coming" to happen. Enjoy your misery all by yourself , and if you desperately wish more deaths in Nigeria, then pray for your loved ones to be contributed to the toll. That is being realistic.
Re: Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death by Discombulator: 10:56am On May 02, 2020
SirWarlock:
USA 70million Nah that's BS

And while I'm not totally sure about Kano's mysterious deaths, I feel Lagos should also be experiencing the same with the level of spreading there
Listen up,they test more than 2million people per day,I'm not sure you're current,they are currently working on increasing their testing capacity to 5million daily,they've tested more than the whole world put together.
Try to do your research before argument bro
Re: Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death by SirWarlock: 11:32am On May 02, 2020
Discombulator:

Listen up,they test more than 2million people per day,I'm not sure you're current,they are currently working on increasing their testing capacity to 5million daily,they've tested more than the whole world put together.
Try to do your research before argument bro
https://covidtracking.com/data/us-daily

No you should do yours grin

I was only refuting the claim that they have tested more than 70million grin
Re: Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death by sulasa07(m): 1:56pm On May 02, 2020
Zoie:

Cos I'm a feminist and calls out their bullsh.it grin
No wonder
Re: Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death by rizwanali1004: 9:05am On May 06, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blood In Semen, Please Help / Black Soot In Port Harcourt: People Are Dying Here - A Nairalander Cries Out / COVID-19 Patient Dies In Commercial Bus In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.