Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers (48207 Views)

Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC / 30 Herbal Medicine Hawkers In Kano Arrested For Using Vulgar Words For Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by sicily4u: 10:02am On May 03, 2020
DTeekay:
Cause of the cost, you can wash and use a medical mask, wash with slight amount of disinfectant like bleach (very little bleach) but no matter the circumstances don't use more than a week. Your health is more important than money in your bank.

OK noted. Thanks
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Jascon4: 10:09am On May 03, 2020
Orubebe01:
Thanks for the info. trust Nigerians, they will end up testing the whole face masks and at the end not buying by telling you "ele okere or ele otobi".

True
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Jascon4: 10:11am On May 03, 2020
FryMosquito:
True talk..
People need to be mindful. Even if you wan buy from all this road side hawkers, don't be in hurry to wear it, till you finished sterilizing it by washing with disinfectant and soap(possibly using very hot pressing iron on it)

If you buy a contaminated face mask, there is a very high possibility that you will get infected. Would you not touch the face mask with your hands? Afterwards, can you really remember to control how your hand touches your face, your phone or even your clothes ? Remember the virus is highly contagious.

Better to avoid the poorly handled road side face mask altogether except maybe the sealed ones. Better to be safe than be sorry.
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by malawian0000001: 10:15am On May 03, 2020
That's how I wanted to buy roasted corn one day, one kind street man like that was there pressing all the corn to see which one was soft enough for him. I didn't border imagining where those leprous fingers has touched before he came to the corn stand, I just took my leave. Reason to always buy cooked corn, or just stay there from start yo finish to get your own roasted corn.
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Deltagate: 10:23am On May 03, 2020
bkool7:

You're living in a fools paradise like our insensitive govt.
Do you know the price of mask now? Someone has not work for over a month and he should buy from the pharmacy or Jumia.

Every tailor should sew it. I don't know why people feel they must test it. If it's the disposable one you bought, will you test it b4 paying?
Just take your mask home, wash and dry. The mask is one size fits all.
You are even more stupid to think buying roadside mask is hygienic at this current situation. You know what go and buy it...
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by thundafire: 10:36am On May 03, 2020
ghettokid1:
And again, government need to ban all these Tailors from producing face masks and authorise some tailors to be doing so.
The one i bought this morning is made with a very dirty clothe.
lol just like dey Yoruba tailors are terrible same in my area,faded material
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by UKBobo(m): 11:01am On May 03, 2020
Waste of time. You ever been in a car, windows up and you can still smell the smoke, stench from outside?

What about when someone farts through two pieces of clothing.

If corona wants to find you, even if you are in a bank safe. It will find you.
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by abdullkabar(m): 11:03am On May 03, 2020
True, its stated as one of rules of using a nose mask. People should check NCDC twitter page, there are PDFs for download on stuffs like this. Even how to sew yours(which is quite easy and most advised).
Also we shouldn't use nose mask with one layer, a minimum of two is OK.

Deep down, we actually know what's right tho
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Nobody: 11:10am On May 03, 2020
FryMosquito:
True talk..
People need to be mindful. Even if you wan buy from all this road side hawkers, don't be in hurry to wear it, till you finished sterilizing it by washing with disinfectant and soap(possibly using very hot pressing iron on it)
Exactly.
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Denique(f): 11:21am On May 03, 2020
awesomely:
You are absolutely right. Almost bought one clothe mask today while going out. I intended to wear it immediately, what saved me was that the seller didn't have change. I would have bought Corona for 100 naira.
grin grin grin
Yours is even expensive- Expensive Covid-19 grin... Some will buy it for N50 grin God pls save us o!
This country needs to be auctioned ASAP grin
I need my share...

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by miscellany(m): 11:33am On May 03, 2020
FryMosquito:
True talk..
I think you should starch it too.....
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by hohafrank(m): 11:36am On May 03, 2020
IjawAboki007:
I think we should be very careful about the usage of these locally made face masks because of what I saw today. I was in a bus where a passenger called a facemask seller.

After asking for the price, he took one and put it on. He immediately told the seller that he wanted to make another choice. He finally paid for one after putting on about 5 different types. I noticed it and told the man the implication of what he has just done and he became so sober.

Even other passengers were looking fearful because what I said was true. Now, what if that man has the virus, he has succeeded in affecting those masks without knowing.

These infected masks will be bought by other innocent people. It is also possible that is how these facemask hawkers allow buyers to first put it on before they buy.

There is a high possibility the virus can be spread easily this way. For those of us who patronize these local hawkers, let be careful and vigilant.

I never tested the ones I bought.Secondly, I never put them on until I sterilize them with boil water and soap.
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by John360comng: 11:39am On May 03, 2020
True words brother.

You said the truth.

With the recent compulsory use of essential items that will keep you protected from Covid-19.
We have got you, your loved ones, employees, religious members, etcetera so you don't get arrested by the Police and made to pay hard by the law.

1) Surgical Nose Masks (50pcs Disposable 3-Layered Breathable Protection mask) Stop using all these Bra cloth masks that doesn't protect you and you put you all at risk.

2) KN95 Face Mask to prevent Covid-19

3) Digital Non-Contact Forehead InfraRed Thermometer. Free 100ml Hand Sanitizer attached to each product purchase through us.

WhatsApp Only: 0808-197-9804 for pickup.

Walkie-Talkies also for Social Distancing available too. Different models and different prices. From the affordable to the expensive.

Other Products also available like the Access Control Doors used at Banks with Digital Thermometer attached, etcetera

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Nobody: 11:50am On May 03, 2020
IjawAboki007:
I think we should be very careful about the usage of these locally made face masks because of what I saw today. I was in a bus where a passenger called a facemask seller.

After asking for the price, he took one and put it on. He immediately told the seller that he wanted to make another choice. He finally paid for one after putting on about 5 different types. I noticed it and told the man the implication of what he has just done and he became so sober.

Even other passengers were looking fearful because what I said was true. Now, what if that man has the virus, he has succeeded in affecting those masks without knowing.

These infected masks will be bought by other innocent people. It is also possible that is how these facemask hawkers allow buyers to first put it on before they buy.

There is a high possibility the virus can be spread easily this way. For those of us who patronize these local hawkers, let be careful and vigilant.

Where i reside, i took a material to a Tailor's shop to help sew facemask..D few minutes i spend there got me thinking.1st theTailor did the sewing without hand gloves or wearing facemask..she triedout the various facemasks while confirming if its firm...imagine how many people would have unknowingly been infected if such a tailor was infected.and again her little child is having a running nose, she left her sewing used her bare hands to clean the baby's nose and took pieces of cloth to wipe her hands..when i corrected her, she started giving attitude..
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by yetunsbay(m): 11:51am On May 03, 2020
The question is can this face mask made of Ankara & all prevent Covid- 19 ?

I'm curious to know before I decide to purchase one.

Medics pls
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 03, 2020
You buy fabric nosemask from hawkers at roadside and used without washing, seemed this coronavirus will kill many before we start to learn lesson.just like buying mango by the road side and start eating without washing.
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by LadiIshola(m): 12:16pm On May 03, 2020
IjawAboki007:

I dunno what you people gain from lying. This didn't happen to you, you saw someone post it and personalized it. Give credit to people please.

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by 4X4: 12:20pm On May 03, 2020
ghettokid1:
And again, government need to ban all these Tailors from producing face masks and authorise some tailors to be doing so.

And you still went ahead and bought it knowing it was dirty
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by backbone503(m): 12:21pm On May 03, 2020
Mask helps in curtailing the spread of the virus, but we should be careful of Hypoxia (a medical condition characterized by a reduced concentration of Oxygen in the blood).

It is recommended to be used only in public, particularly when people are closely around you. Its important to also remember to lift it every 10mins.

I see some people drive with mask on, and this is very dangerous. The stale air can lead to lose of consciousness, thus putting the lives of those in the car and on road at risk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by drealp: 12:23pm On May 03, 2020
ghettokid1:
he g00d na
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by EmekaBlue(m): 12:25pm On May 03, 2020
Abegi
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Olayetan(m): 12:29pm On May 03, 2020
IjawAboki007:

I honestly don't understand why he has to test it before buying, did you ask him why he was testing it, or probably that buyer intentionally did that to spread the plague.
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by highbee02: 12:33pm On May 03, 2020
Copy and paste
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Obidiugwu: 12:35pm On May 03, 2020
Thanks for the information...
Dm us for your different types of high quality male/female Fabrics ,Curtains and beddings at affordable prices>07052113405
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 03, 2020
Similar thing almost happened to my friend who sells, the buy wanted to change the one he already tested we all gathered around him and told him off. He shamefully bought an additional one. An educated and exotic man at that.

1 Like

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by odoss(m): 1:14pm On May 03, 2020
Mugu... And u still enter bus with roughly 18 to 20 person If I may ask
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by IamGoke(m): 1:35pm On May 03, 2020
IjawAboki007:

Permit me to share.

Thanks.
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Skmoda(m): 2:08pm On May 03, 2020
Oh God, help us oo
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Legendguru: 2:53pm On May 03, 2020
True

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria / 10 Effects Of Alcohol on The Body / Woman Shows Impressive Transformation 5 Months After Suffering Burns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.