Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers (48225 Views)

Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC / 30 Herbal Medicine Hawkers In Kano Arrested For Using Vulgar Words For Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by LOVEGINO(m): 7:04am On May 03, 2020
IjawAboki007:
I think we should be very careful about the usage of these locally made face masks because of what I saw today. I was in a bus where a passenger called a facemask seller.

After asking for the price, he took one and put it on. He immediately told the seller that he wanted to make another choice. He finally paid for one after putting on about 5 different types. I noticed it and told the man the implication of what he has just done and he became so sober.

Even other passengers were looking fearful because what I said was true. Now, what if that man has the virus, he has succeeded in affecting those masks without knowing.

These infected masks will be bought by other innocent people. It is also possible that is how these facemask hawkers allow buyers to first put it on before they buy.

There is a high possibility the virus can be spread easily this way. For those of us who patronize these local hawkers, let be careful and vigilant.

u re very correct. I experienced same oooo
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by bolaji3071(m): 7:05am On May 03, 2020
oyeb15:
That's d only viable business 4 now. Facemask.

Moreover Government should arrest people wearing dirty facemasks. We are very dirty in this country.

Most People with dirty facemasks wear dirty underwear ( bra, pants and boxers)
No be lie grin grin

1 Like

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by back2sender: 7:05am On May 03, 2020
Isoduwa:
Who get sense know the right place to buy mask because mask Nor be gala or apple � wey you go buy for road side

Our brothers from the yeast has already started selling it like gala and pure water on the road.
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by smartbinnary: 7:06am On May 03, 2020
this guy actually look like the Africa version of the star wars character, lol.

EatforHealth:
These face masks will cause more harm to some people
Ignorance is deadlier than COVID-19

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Joyfulgal: 7:07am On May 03, 2020
Can we disinfect the disposal nose mask sold for #500 and use after 2 days. Disinfect with moko spirit and sunlight?
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by emmydiamon(m): 7:10am On May 03, 2020
ghettokid1:
And again, government need to ban all these Tailors from producing face masks and appoint some tailors to be doing so.
The one i bought this morning is made with a very dirty clothe.
Dirty cloth and you still went ahead to pay? Did they put gun on your head to buy it?

1 Like

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Isoduwa(m): 7:12am On May 03, 2020
back2sender:

Our brothers from the yeast has already started selling it like gala and pure water on the road.

Dude you got the wrong person

1 Like

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Kimply: 7:14am On May 03, 2020
OP you are 100% right and that is why i rather go for the sealed ones. They are more safer to say the least
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by ceejay80s(m): 7:14am On May 03, 2020
Same with the manufacturers/tailors , if the tail too has the virus, after sewing, he tests , he too will infect others, the best thing is after purchase, wash it thoroughly before use
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by rrajuraj12: 7:15am On May 03, 2020
How i Earned More Money During this Lock Down - https://techiwala.com/40-creative-ways-to-earn-money-fast/
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Nazgul: 7:16am On May 03, 2020
CrazyMan:
Better still, tell your tailor to get you as many as possible then wash and iron them. That's exactly what I did.

Buying things as delicate as facemask from hawkers is even more deadly than not putting on a face mask at all.

Let's all stay safe.
what of those that don't have money to sow in large quantity
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Aystarz: 7:16am On May 03, 2020
Orubebe01:
Thanks for the info. trust Nigerians, they will end up testing the whole face masks and at the end not buying by telling you "ele okere or electronic otobi".

Like they do their garri-testing and bread-smelling. Some Nigerians are just lowdown dirty.
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by commonsence(f): 7:17am On May 03, 2020
May God Help us

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by jasent2020(m): 7:19am On May 03, 2020
IjawAboki007:
I think we should be very careful about the usage of these locally made face masks because of what I saw today. I was in a bus where a passenger called a facemask seller.

After asking for the price, he took one and put it on. He immediately told the seller that he wanted to make another choice. He finally paid for one after putting on about 5 different types. I noticed it and told the man the implication of what he has just done and he became so sober.

Even other passengers were looking fearful because what I said was true. Now, what if that man has the virus, he has succeeded in affecting those masks without knowing.

These infected masks will be bought by other innocent people. It is also possible that is how these facemask hawkers allow buyers to first put it on before they buy.

There is a high possibility the virus can be spread easily this way. For those of us who patronize these local hawkers, let be careful and vigilant.

You are very right op.Same thing is happening here in Ghana. Sometimes I wonder if God did not create some people with sense. Everyone is supposed to know the implications of such action.. Another thing I observed is how the hawker normally holds the mask with Bare hands..And how some people touches there face when trying to arrange the mask even without washing their hands.. Sincerely the wrong use Of this mask may end up helping to spread this virus faster than its should be without the mask... Public enlightement is highly and urgently needed.

3 Likes

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by tunize(m): 7:20am On May 03, 2020
Nigeria with nonsense the more reason i'm always conscious of so many things i buy.
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by webizone(m): 7:20am On May 03, 2020
IjawAboki007:

I bought mine from a pharmacy.
2, I ensured it was in a sealed package and it was a cloth type.
3, Still as I got home, I washed and let it dry long in the Sun.
4, If you have something like "okwoma" you can thinly coat yours before wearing.
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Nobody: 7:20am On May 03, 2020
But why would you wear it without washing
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:21am On May 03, 2020
Pentasoft1978:

Just listen to yourself. Government has to produce, this is an opportunity for tailors to make money in this lockdown , Government should go and sit down , if you buy road side face mask , get home and get it washed and sterilized , don't use it instantly, let's allow tailor to make little change from it in this hard time. you want government to produce face mask so that they will destroy the market for these tailors. May God forgive u

This is exactly how you selfish, money-conscious Nigerians think.
You don't think about the quality, efficacy and safety of what you're producing for the people; it's all about the profits you'll make from it.
Do you think masks produced by well-guided, government approved, tailors would be the same as those produced by medically-ignorant roadside tailors?
Do those roadside tailors know that a mask should have 3layers, with the middle one being a filter, usually made from a different material with smaller pores?
Do they even know there's something called a 'filter' in a mask??

7 Likes

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Aystarz: 7:24am On May 03, 2020
ckmayoca:
Right. I saw same along a street also, this woman wanted to buy for her 4 children and they were wearing and removing (testing) the masks like they were slippers.

Oh jeez! A dozen slaps on that mother's face.
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Damibiz(m): 7:24am On May 03, 2020
As a duly member of nairaland and by virtue of the powers vested in me, according to Section 3, subsection 5 of article A subsection 2 chapter 7a paragraph 9 of nairaland and social media Act of 2012, read together with constitutional amendment 4 of 2013, section 6 of paragraph 8, I am issuing a statement refusing to comment on this matter.....Thank you and stay safe

1 Like

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Bahamas95(m): 7:24am On May 03, 2020
This is one of the reasons I always wash my new clothes before putting them on and one of my over sabi friends go say I too dey form. I was in a boutique oneday and a guy walked in with sweat all over his body, I was shocked when the igbo boy allowed him to put on the T-shirt in the name of testing. The annoying thing was that he tested 2 shirts before eventually buying one.

2 Likes

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by vyncentino(m): 7:26am On May 03, 2020
xpool:

Why were you dribbling yourself?
YOU JUST MADE NO SENSE
I honestly believe you didn't read what I said ways you contact the virus is through mouth nose including eye and ear so if you only covers your nose and mouth what about your ears and nose please read before commenting
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Nobody: 7:27am On May 03, 2020
FryMosquito:
True talk..
People need to be mindful. Even if you wan buy from all this road side hawkers, don't be in hurry to wear it, till you finished sterilizing it by washing with disinfectant and soap(possibly using very hot pressing iron on it)
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by zionwinn(m): 7:27am On May 03, 2020
With everything going on globally our governor His Excellency Babajide Sanwo Olu has mandated everyone not only to protect oneself but to protect others by wearing a face mask.
This is a 3 layer face mask that offer protection against germs, bacterial, smoke, droplets and more.
How can one tell is a mask is good? It sure will protect against droplets (from cough & sneezing) also try the flame test put the mask on and try to blow out a candle with your breath, if you can blow it out it means the air flow filtration is too week.

contact 08057028796 via WhatsApp/ call

1 Like

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Raskasal(m): 7:27am On May 03, 2020
Thank you for sharing this tip. The thing is the buyers are the problem. Testing and infecting in cases e they are infected. I'll just advise the sellers to always disclose to them that no return after testing, that way, we can curb the spread too
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by poseidonsaiz(m): 7:29am On May 03, 2020
Well spotted

No be joke, we sha can jonse..
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by Pentasoft1978: 7:30am On May 03, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

This is exactly how you selfish, money-conscious Nigerians think.
You don't think about the quality, efficacy and safety of what you're producing for the people; it's all about the profits you'll make from it.
Do you think masks produced by well-guided, government approved, tailors would be the same as those produced by medically-ignorant roadside tailors?
Do those roadside tailors know that a mask should have 3layers, with the middle one being a filter, usually made from a different material with smaller pores?
Do they even know there's something called a 'filter' in a mask??

To hell with you and your government, is there anything like regulatory Agencies in Nigeria . Private sector driven economy has been reduced to nonsense and the masses suffering because of government interference in what is not their business, what has the government ever regulated properly in these country . shut your damp mouth before you allow me to pour my anger on you with the affairs of this useless country.

1 Like

Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:31am On May 03, 2020
Eulalia:
You should wash well before using and also spray with alcohol. I'm not buying those mass production out there cos most of them are not padded. I'm making it myself with enough pad and in a well sanitized environment. tongue

Excellent
Re: Be Very Careful When Buying Facemask From Roadside Hawkers by DateMynd44(m): 7:33am On May 03, 2020
festwiz:

Isn't there a total lockdown? What were you doing in a bus? Is it difficult to stay indoors or are the lockdown rules different where you reside?
not every state has the virus.
There is no case in cross River State hence movement is allowed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria / Yoga With Nigerian Dwarf Goats Craze Takes Off In The US. See Photos / Woman Shows Impressive Transformation 5 Months After Suffering Burns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.