Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) (158295 Views)

Crowd Forces Port-Harcourt Mall To Shut Gate / Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? / Police Fire Tear Gas At Innoson Motors Workers, GTB Moves To Shut Down Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:39pm On May 02, 2020
shocked shocked this is madness I think is better let all Nigerians close their account with access bank in protest of this madness if not other banks will follow them

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Jokerman(m): 9:39pm On May 02, 2020
No wonder the bank has been deducting people's money... Well I have transferred my savings to GTB and Ecobank(Another crazy bank) anyways...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by boyjo: 9:39pm On May 02, 2020
GamalNasser:
Hmmm just yesterday I was saying to a friend that I suspect they will close a diamond bank in my estate and I was right , looks they are closing diamond bank branches in areas where they already had Access branches , Methinks Herbert Wigwe is just using COVID crunch as an excuse to ditch Diamond bank staff he inherited in the acquisition

...makes sense.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Digitiminimi: 9:39pm On May 02, 2020
Ehwy ehey
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by autonomous22: 9:39pm On May 02, 2020
Same Access bank that dashed FG 1Billion naira...

10 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Miracle1991: 9:40pm On May 02, 2020
IAM proud of my people, we are billionaires.
Where are the chest beaters, their son has done what other people cannot do.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Kingjay007: 9:40pm On May 02, 2020
So it begins..

I pray other banks dont follow. Considering the fact that banks employ majority of the employed populace.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Gkay1(m): 9:41pm On May 02, 2020
hmmmmm, e don red
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by boyjo: 9:41pm On May 02, 2020
seunmsg:
Nigerian banks are too fragile. They can hardly survive any downturn in the economy without massively laying off staff.

Some of these banks also bite more than they can chew. What Access bank is going through now reminds me of my little stint with BankPHB.

BankPHB acquired spring bank late 2008 in a very hostile manner. Billions of depositors funds was committed into the acquition. By March 2009, the bank was already distressed and laying off staff. The hostile nature of the takeover also made it impossible for the quick integration of the operations of the banks. There was also the effect of the global meltdown and crash of the stock exchange market that year.

By the Sanusi came in as CBN Governor around June, the bank was already a mess. He did not bother to romance the problem, he simply killed the bank and other banks that were then struggling to survive the global meltdown and crash of the stock exchange market by late 2009.

Hopefully, Access bank won’t go the way of BankPHB.

Na Saudi crash stock exchange by that year??
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by kkkp: 9:41pm On May 02, 2020
I think this is just the right time to sack diamond bank staff. After the merger they were looking for Avenue to dispose this people

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by new2012: 9:41pm On May 02, 2020
This is fake news.. The branches were shutdown because of the lockdown.

Other branches were working.. You need CBN approval to shut down even 1 branch.

People just carry baseless rumours since their MD village meeting with his staff om reduction of staff expense leaked.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by platido(m): 9:42pm On May 02, 2020
After donating 1billion Naira to those thieves called FG.

Lesson: never in your life pleases a customer selling garri..your own mother is selling always it's worst than a curse

4 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by miketayo(m): 9:42pm On May 02, 2020
That's all the branches in Victoria island.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Jokerman(m): 9:42pm On May 02, 2020
Okada branch me.... grin

How IUO students want take survive, how many banks come remain.. grin

Well Zenith and Sterling still remain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by bikerboy1(m): 9:42pm On May 02, 2020
How many branches do you even have nationwide

More customers to other banks. Goodluck to you

8 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by byinks(f): 9:42pm On May 02, 2020
Access bank shut ALL branches

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by yumu: 9:43pm On May 02, 2020
Which way Nigeria. I tire oo

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by jpmoriarti(m): 9:43pm On May 02, 2020
This fake news. Please, people should ignore this

7 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 02, 2020
E don happen.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Pauldollars(m): 9:43pm On May 02, 2020
Most of the closed branches may be former Diamond Bank branches

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by freeman67: 9:44pm On May 02, 2020
Majority are Diamond Bank branches..

11 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by miketayo(m): 9:44pm On May 02, 2020
kkkp:
I think this is just the right time to sack diamond bank staff. After the merger they were looking for Avenue to dispose this people

But 346 is over kill. I doubt that's the reason

6 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by NaijadrivaCars: 9:44pm On May 02, 2020
Thank God I am done with them. Dem show me shege this year.
Imagine, my former branch follow.

I read that one of their staff that is affected is about to get married, COVID came and before you know it, he was laid off. His fiancee cry sha.

9 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by wman(m): 9:44pm On May 02, 2020
Mostly those branches close to each other.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Richie77: 9:44pm On May 02, 2020
na by force to donate ? trouble dey oo.

7 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Chisave: 9:46pm On May 02, 2020
CBN should have jejely allowed Diamond to be running their business.

Just see wahala wey dem cos for people papa.

I even prefer Diamond customer experience as i hv account in both banks before they were merged

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Harrynight(m): 9:46pm On May 02, 2020
Scope to justify their sack

Lol... Na lie how would they shot down all these Branches!!!

I can bet my 2balls
If at all they will.close down not all these

4 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by rosieflower2(f): 9:46pm On May 02, 2020
Too bad cry

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by seunmsg(m): 9:46pm On May 02, 2020
boyjo:

Na Saudi crash stock exchange by that year??

Global economic meltdown.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by sheyitokz(m): 9:46pm On May 02, 2020
scam leleyiii jooor ogbeni cos am seeing some branches here dat can neva be locked down even odoguyan,iyana ipaja branch for dat mataa..ALAYE MAFUNWA LEKEJE JOO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by AmazingELixir: 9:46pm On May 02, 2020
shocked

Oboy...people go soon start to bake sand chop....unemployment market go boom badly.

It's like almost all the branches in Lagos were shut down.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Investnow2017: 9:47pm On May 02, 2020
FOLLYVENTURES:
Ladies and Gents. What can I say, we Live in really uncertain and unprecedented times.

Stay Tuned as more companies Begin to Downsize. As usual contract staffs are usually the Scape goats.

#THEREVOLUTIONWILLNOTBETELEVISED!

Are they shutting down BANKS, other BANKS, or some of their BRANCHES? This heading is very misleading undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? / Helping Hands International Are They Real Or Scam? / Merrybet Punt For Pride III

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.