Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) (158323 Views)

Crowd Forces Port-Harcourt Mall To Shut Gate / Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? / Police Fire Tear Gas At Innoson Motors Workers, GTB Moves To Shut Down Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Topmaike007(m): 9:54pm On May 02, 2020
freeman67:
Majority are Diamond Bank branches..
na wetin I hate be that oo
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by chukwuibuipob: 9:55pm On May 02, 2020
shocked it is FINISHED.....lobatan
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by FOLLYVENTURES: 9:55pm On May 02, 2020
Inspire08:

Another Dooms Sayer. Why are you grossly pessimistic?

DON'T BLAME ME, BLAME THE GOVERNMENT OF THE DAY!
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Pablodtotti: 9:55pm On May 02, 2020
After dishing out Billions to the Federal government on covid 19 now you want to retrench and sack staff who ought to benefit from the billions
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Johnsonibx(m): 9:55pm On May 02, 2020
They should have used the money they donated to FG to take care of their staff.
God please intervene
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Sommydisaster(m): 9:55pm On May 02, 2020
As they're shutting...... I've my box in Diamond and Access, I wouldn't want to hear story Sha grin grin
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by martooski(m): 9:55pm On May 02, 2020
sarrki:
Real madness the money contributed to convid would have used to cushion the people that will lost their jobs

What happened to the profits made in year in year out

The money in question can't pay 1 month salary for all staff.

I have been expecting this move since the merger with Diamond Bank. It was inevitable

11 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by asapants: 9:55pm On May 02, 2020
Kindly withdraw your money from them before e enter audiobook records

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Samnavy: 9:55pm On May 02, 2020
This is the begining of access bank downfall
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 02, 2020
Tejuosjo too shocked.. Its almost all the branches they are shutting down especially in VI area. Hope saint fimbarrs branch is not included. Hm ...this is serious. Looks like it mostly all the banks they took over from diamond that is their main target.

More unemployment.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 02, 2020
The way to go.You can't be using share holders money to be playing useless salaries.The sacked should go and engage in agriculture and be more productive.Then some of the remaining staff should work from home to further reduce cost.How can a bank be spending 76 billion as cost in running a business for a year.Then those making noise about covid 19.what is 1 billion donation to any bank.Money that can't buy fuel for a year

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by ehardetola(m): 9:56pm On May 02, 2020
GamalNasser:
Hmmm just yesterday I was saying to a friend that I suspect they will close a diamond bank in my estate and I was right , looks they are closing diamond bank branches in areas where they already had Access branches , Methinks Herbert Wigwe is just using COVID crunch as an excuse to ditch Diamond bank staff he inherited in the acquisition

Not so oga, most of the branches his about to close down here in North are still Access bank branch. Any branches that's not making profit will be merge with near by branch that's more profitable to them. Same thing Ecobank did.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Tookool(m): 9:56pm On May 02, 2020
There are two access banks in Ikot Ekpene .... which one na? Make them no shut the one closest to my house o

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by 9gerian: 9:56pm On May 02, 2020
My thoughts exactly.

It’s almost inevitable though! Sad.

GamalNasser:
Hmmm just yesterday I was saying to a friend that I suspect they will close a diamond bank in my estate and I was right , looks they are closing diamond bank branches in areas where they already had Access branches , Methinks Herbert Wigwe is just using COVID crunch as an excuse to ditch Diamond bank staff he inherited in the acquisition
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Investnow2017: 9:57pm On May 02, 2020
miketayo:

But 346 is over kill. I doubt that's the reason

I think their acquisition of Diamond Bank may have led to this, to reduce duplication of branches in close proximity. But while this may be one explanation the global economic meltdown may have pushed up the number of branches affected.

Post pandemic Outlook has been my great concern. The unemployment rate for sure will soar, thus bloating the massive job market, amidst a humbled oil price.

Critical times ahead.

5 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Lorenzop: 9:57pm On May 02, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:
Uhmmm it's expected. Things can't be like it used to be before Covid-19 not until maybe a vaccine is found...we have to adjust to the new life fast...God will see us through.

Even if a vaccine is discovered today, they will still lay off staffs, covid 19 has taught them that banks can still run with few staff observing social distancing...and banks too like to dey cut cost. Not just banking, a lot firms will see that some employees are not actually needed. It's just sad that this useless bank gave the FG #1B instead of using it to pay of the staffs they just laid off

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by oluwasegun007(m): 9:57pm On May 02, 2020
Ff
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by DipoToyo(m): 9:57pm On May 02, 2020
346 Branches!
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by jaxxy(m): 9:58pm On May 02, 2020
He acquired now he wants to downsize and this is very NORMAL bt 75% of ur work force is crazy.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by frankmoney(m): 9:58pm On May 02, 2020
Hmm
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 02, 2020
Reason why when you work with establishment like this, you take savings serious. I know of a guy being paid half a million monthly by a network provider. Worked with them for two years and gbam! Retrenched alongside many others.
Na God save am e don try build house. Na em e fall back on.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Advancedman(m): 9:58pm On May 02, 2020
Good one but they ought to have done that systemically since diamond acquisition as most Access and diamond are 100 metres apart at least for my area Akoka, Ifako and Gbagada don't know about UNILAG.
Another thing is most Access full branch are bigger than diamond so they might close the bigger branches be it Access or diamond in close proximity.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by sunkieisland(m): 9:58pm On May 02, 2020
Money matters. More than 3k people viewing the thread.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by LaIabobo: 9:58pm On May 02, 2020
PureGoldh:
Chai.....in dx life...no dey do pass urself.

Others donated ....so they followed suit and at the end of the day...Their workers are to be whipped out from the office.

All dx donations wey Dem give FG...e be like say all of Dem don enter voicemail ooh
Access bank that declared 40b profit in Jan-mar2020.
Access bank is one of the biggest bank in Nigeria. Covid or no Covid, they'd have done this to reduce the heightened cost that came with Diamond bank. This Covid na just opportunity for them.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Urchman200: 9:59pm On May 02, 2020
GamalNasser:
over sense no go kill u.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by aspirebig: 10:00pm On May 02, 2020
If your life savings is in that bank or your pension or any investment, you already know what to do now before it is too late.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by stchinedu: 10:00pm On May 02, 2020
GamalNasser:

You got it.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 02, 2020
GamalNasser:
Hmmm just yesterday I was saying to a friend that I suspect they will close a diamond bank in my estate and I was right , looks they are closing diamond bank branches in areas where they already had Access branches , Me thinks Herbert Wigwe is just using COVID crunch as an excuse to ditch Diamond bank staff he inherited in the acquisition

Seems likely.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by chukwuibuipob: 10:00pm On May 02, 2020
shocked it is FINISHED.....lobatan . I bin wan call sumbody a thief before cos I Nor see the money he claimed he transferred to my Ecobank since Tuesday.i don waka go check my balance here and there thinking nah my phone network not gree beep for alert
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by computermouse(m): 10:00pm On May 02, 2020
They should kukuma close all branches in abuja
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Topmaike007(m): 10:01pm On May 02, 2020
MrMcJay:
Na to close my Access bank account. This is not just Covid-19. There is something fundamentally wrong with that bank. There is fire on the mountain at Access.

Access bank started by delaying transfers to accounts. You send money today, they credit maybe tomorrow or next. Sometimes you may not even get the money. They said it was their network. Then, they moved to making outrageous deductions from customers' accounts. Then to sacking 75% of staff and closing close to 350 branches.

This is another Lehmann brothers in the making. All the signs are there.

me I don port already I have fcmb time to open firstbank or Uba with my Fcmb... Imagine I went to do business and I was unable to get alert meanwhile the person already transferred my money.. Na fight I come carry go because I think say him dupe me...

I just dislike that bank
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by goodlistener: 10:01pm On May 02, 2020
What? Access Bank and Instabilities are ejima.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? / Helping Hands International Are They Real Or Scam? / Merrybet Punt For Pride III

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.