Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) (158229 Views)

Crowd Forces Port-Harcourt Mall To Shut Gate / Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? / Police Fire Tear Gas At Innoson Motors Workers, GTB Moves To Shut Down Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by SIRKAY98(m): 3:10am On May 03, 2020
bobobri:
broda it is necessary this time..because me i know trust this Access bank oooo�
Well no where is save.more banks to do similar things in coming weeks. But moving your money now better because of some wicked account officers
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by SIRKAY98(m): 3:13am On May 03, 2020
Area4Area:
Please I have a question, if you want to transfer say 500k into another bank account belonging to you, how much would you pay for the CBN cashless policy, can't remember what's it's called again.

Can one transfer above that through online banking into another account
May be 35 naira. And you dont even need ti ask,how much Cbn wand remove for a whole 500k?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by djoey89: 3:18am On May 03, 2020
From the list of branches closed down in benin, it seems all branches has been closed, so which one is remaining? Probably the one at akpakpava?, I hope truly Access financials is not doing well, if not this is going to be really harsh on the affected.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by ehinmowo: 3:20am On May 03, 2020
Biafran4life:
The way to go.You can't be using share holders money to be playing useless salaries.The sacked should go and engage in agriculture and be more productive.Then some of the remaining staff should work from home to further reduce cost.How can a bank be spending 76 billion as cost in running a business for a year.Then those making noise about covid 19.what is 1 billion donation to any bank.Money that can't buy fuel for a year

Typical black man. Wicked souls. Imagine someone telling you to go to farm after spending your professional years in an industry? No. People's welfare cannot concern you, because an average black man is primarily selfish.

Do you know why Ford did not change the name of Kia after acquiring her? You people are complaining about overhead. Don't forget Access Bank also acquired the assets of the banks she acquired. Imagine a branch that was designed to handle 2000 customers per day now handling 4000?

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by gnykelly(m): 3:26am On May 03, 2020
leadership that consists of more than 100 followership should never be toyed with...the action of a single man... the former CEO of diamond bank putting his untested son to man such a powerful position and his decision afterwards is the Genesis of this problem.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Randerl: 3:26am On May 03, 2020
Ayekotoo:
This is the result, when a small bank acquired a bigger and one of the most capitalized banks in Africa due to Devilish Sanusi 's policy. Intercontinental bank comes to the picture.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by jmaine: 3:28am On May 03, 2020
GamalNasser:
Hmmm just yesterday I was saying to a friend that I suspect they will close a diamond bank in my estate and I was right , looks they are closing diamond bank branches in areas where they already had Access branches , Methinks Herbert Wigwe is just using COVID crunch as an excuse to ditch Diamond bank staff he inherited in the acquisition

This is a big lie from the list
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by ikorodureporta: 3:30am On May 03, 2020
They keep scanning Nigerians. after swallowing Intercontinental & Diamond, this is like closing down the merged banks

Let's see what other Banks wl do
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by ppogba: 3:30am On May 03, 2020
ehinmowo:

Typical black man. Wicked souls. Imagine someone telling you to go to farm after spending your professional years in an industry? No. People's welfare cannot concern you, because an average black man is primarily selfish.

Do you know why Ford did not change the name of Kia after acquiring her? You people are complaining about overhead. Don't forget Access Bank also acquired the assets of the banks she acquired. Imagine a branch that was designed to handle 2000 customers per day now handling 4000?

I always laugh whenever people are suggesting that "you should go into farming"..

I can give you 100 reasons why you should not based on a personal experience.

And suggesting that an ex-banker should even try it is a no_no.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by ppogba: 3:38am On May 03, 2020
I have gone thru the comments from page 1 to the last ans I am yet to read the comment of anyone likely to be a staff of Access Bank.

Somebody just laid his/her hand on the list of Access and posted this for whatever reason.

Some of the branches here are cannot be closed. You can quote me.

UNILAG branch with a balance sheet size of over 1 billion and where there is no Diamond branch?
UCH branch with a balance sheet size of over 500m?
New court road branch?

The list is rubbish abeg.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by ppogba: 3:39am On May 03, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Until it's from access bank, take this nonsense with a pinch of salt

Infact, take it with a bag of salt.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by gnykelly(m): 3:42am On May 03, 2020
Chisave:
CBN should have jejely allowed Diamond to be running their business.

Just see wahala wey dem cos for people papa.

I even prefer Diamond customer experience as i hv account in both banks before they were merged

the former owner of diamond bank ran it down. they should be in jail.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by stonemasonn: 3:43am On May 03, 2020
Iamsalis:
The entire kano branch are all former intercontinental bank branch, not surprised!!! Access bank has a history of use, dump and sack.how did access bank acquire intercontinental bank when they where owing them.
ask Lamido Sanusi
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by ppogba: 3:44am On May 03, 2020
MYMINDER:

Stop deceiving yourself. The bank bit more than it could chew acquiring a 'sickly' Diamond Bank. The bank is in the throes of distress. COVID-19 is just a surface level excuse for an urgently needed business decision.

Access Bank is not a retail minded bank and acquired Diamond Bank because of its retail strength. Many Diamond bank customers have left the bank and pulled their deposits.

Access bank shifted it's focus to retail banking with the acquisition of old Intercontinental.

The big 5 banks in Nigeria are all retail banking focused.

The only banking that is not too much into retail banking is STANBIC IBTC.

As small as WEMA is, they are into retail banking.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Pentasoft1978: 3:45am On May 03, 2020
Distress call. if U know U know. Take out whatever U have in there
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Chlerion: 3:53am On May 03, 2020
Kamar is a bitch!

This bank falsefully acquired the then most popular Intercontinental Bank through a back door transaction. Decades down the line, all the assets he falsefully acquired are being frozen out. The management was busy acquiring other banks and giving out Nbn donations with no foresight to save for the raining days. Access Bank can never be the same again!
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by OloriOfMontreal: 3:55am On May 03, 2020
wumi2017:

Seen,, awwn � you are such a wonderful Soul I'm very grateful � God will continue to bless you

It's my pleasure. Amen. God bless you too.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Falcao789: 4:19am On May 03, 2020
I pity diamond bank staff
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Nobody: 4:30am On May 03, 2020
GamalNasser:
Hmmm just yesterday I was saying to a friend that I suspect they will close a diamond bank in my estate and I was right , looks they are closing diamond bank branches in areas where they already had Access branches , Methinks Herbert Wigwe is just using COVID crunch as an excuse to ditch Diamond bank staff he inherited in the acquisition
They closed many of their own branches too. I don't think it's really an excuse but a moment of reality.

What I think is that COVID-19 is really exposing the flaws of many banks. Many of them depend on FG budget to boost their liability portfolios through contracts and float transactions so as to to maintain a good cabal. This has been the norm for years but the recent slash in the budget and inability for government to proceed with some of the expected projects (obviously), dented a big blow on their income projection for the year. So the bank needs to respond to counter the effect of the set back through other measures. It's not a brutality but can be liken to the Newton's law of motion that says; for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction.

Unfortunately, this is the reality that many companies and organisations would have to face in the coming weeks in order to keep their businesses afloat. We all have to brace up for it; the winter is coming! Though very pathetic but it's the reality.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Nobody: 4:39am On May 03, 2020
seunmsg:
Nigerian banks are too fragile. They can hardly survive any downturn in the economy without massively laying off staff.

Some of these banks also bite more than they can chew. What Access bank is going through now reminds me of my little stint with BankPHB.
Yeah, I agree with you. The same hostile takeover of the then most capitalized bank in Africa, Intercontinental Bank, by Access. It was a back door transaction and everybody knew it wasn't going to last but it somehow survived the downturn due to the strong connection with the government. But now that the chickens have come home to roost, if it manage to survive this, it's not going to be the same bank again.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by ini4brandon(m): 4:40am On May 03, 2020
What rationale is he using 32 Aka Road branch is thier busiest in Uyo.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Sardauna24(m): 4:41am On May 03, 2020
Lexusgs430:
When I talk now, a blockhead like Sardauna24, would be talking jack, like a drunken sailor...........
Expect your sack letter sooner rather than later,nd i wont reply u slowpoke
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Sardauna24(m): 4:43am On May 03, 2020
Lexusgs430:
When I talk now, a blockhead like Sardauna24, would be talking jack, like a drunken sailor...........
Expect your sack letter sooner rather than later,nd i wont reply u again arrantnonsense
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by joinnow: 4:46am On May 03, 2020
Guy man buy property joor when he aquired intercontonental and diamond Bank
Now indirectly want to sell 300+ building to recoup investment.

For those that lost their job take heart and God will make a way

For all Nairalanders with cash go and investment in property now. Wealth will be changing hand from now on.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by olalat(m): 4:48am On May 03, 2020
jpmoriarti:
This fake news. Please, people should ignore this
if its fake, the peddler wouldn't have mentioned the one in my home town. how e go take know the branch exist in the town nah.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by joinnow: 4:52am On May 03, 2020
olalat:
if its fake, the peddler wouldn't have mentioned the one in my home town. how e go take know the branch exist in the town nah.
He can easily get all access branch list online.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Jamesbiodun(m): 4:54am On May 03, 2020
Access bank shut down nation wide
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Psady(m): 4:57am On May 03, 2020
i knew this was going to happen someday since the acquisition of intercontinental bank back in the days, then came diamond bank .A lesson I learnt in all this about life is, never bite more than you can chew.i feel for the affected staff who are about to lose their job.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by jerrybabasam: 5:00am On May 03, 2020
One of my friends who works in Access Bank started showing attitude towards me just because i was relating scenario happening in Oil companies downsizing their staffs after 3 weeks of lockdown. That this lockdown will lead to so many job loss but instead of him to reason with me he turned me to his enemy now his branch is among the listed to be closed down.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Psady(m): 5:00am On May 03, 2020
joinnow:

He can easily get all access branch list online.
Are u living in the old age? why wouldn't he know? simple truth is some of this branches can't be shutdown, mark my words.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by nurusystem(m): 5:01am On May 03, 2020
At a point who advice Access bank to donate money on civid 19.they are sending me message to update my account by loading money.Access is now inaccessible.
they are weak..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? / Helping Hands International Are They Real Or Scam? / Merrybet Punt For Pride III

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.