Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,685 members, 7,813,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) - Business (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) (158209 Views)

Crowd Forces Port-Harcourt Mall To Shut Gate / Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? / Police Fire Tear Gas At Innoson Motors Workers, GTB Moves To Shut Down Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Topmaike007(m): 12:53pm On May 03, 2020
Carlyboi:
frfr bro the whole 3
I fear you oo
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by veron007: 12:54pm On May 03, 2020
What will they do with the closed branches? Sell the houses ? They will turn into the biggest real estate company in the country.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by ProtectMyMoney: 12:56pm On May 03, 2020
GamalNasser:
Hmmm just yesterday I wwhere they already had Access branches , Methinks Herbert Wigwe is just using COVID crunch as an excuse to ditch Diamond bank staff he inherited in the acquisition

You are right. He was only after the customers that Diamond bank had. Since he has migrated the valuable data to Access bank, time to let go the liabilities.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by quinox947: 12:57pm On May 03, 2020
GamalNasser:
Hmmm just yesterday I was saying to a friend that I suspect they will close a diamond bank in my estate and I was right , looks they are closing diamond bank branches in areas where they already had Access branches , Methinks Herbert Wigwe is just using COVID crunch as an excuse to ditch Diamond bank staff he inherited in the acquisition
You are just very right. 80% of the proposed branches/retail outlets were the defunct Diamond Bank

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by plankyjacky(m): 12:59pm On May 03, 2020
This bank is just being wise ,preparing for a major recession that will hit this economy soon. Hard choice have to be made either the bank should go or sacrifice some staffs. Though painful....
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Covidodo: 12:59pm On May 03, 2020
iamdapsyj:
oga, listen to yourself na, u saw just one and u are saying his conclusion is not true!
Are you dyslexic ?
I never said he was lying . I only said it wasn't the absolute truth
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Carlyboi(m): 1:04pm On May 03, 2020
Topmaike007:
I fear you oo
lol I have always had issues with that access bank for a while now na propaganda bank them be the there customer service is the only good thing bout them and sometimes it can be shitty as well
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 03, 2020
Beremx:
What more can I say? Lol
Aunty there's nothing funny here. people being laid off of their means of livelihood is not funny.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Tillatalk: 1:18pm On May 03, 2020
Im happy im not using the bank ..i pity those staffs working there
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Beremx(f): 1:38pm On May 03, 2020
And who told you I am laughing at people being laid off? Is that what the topic is about?
acesboy:
Aunty there's nothing funny here. people being laid off of their means of livelihood is not funny.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Ekpoeyo81: 1:57pm On May 03, 2020
IT IS WELL..
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Thescienceprof(m): 2:05pm On May 03, 2020
Covidodo:

This is not entirely true .
I could see an Ibadan branch in the list that was never Diamond .

You may be right, but that branch is formerly Intercontinental bank.
So, one might say all former intercontinental and diamond bank branches are the ones taking the heat
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Covidodo: 2:08pm On May 03, 2020
Thescienceprof:

You may be right, but that branch is formerly Intercontinental bank.
So, one might say all former intercontinental and diamond bank branches are the ones taking the heat
You are very funny bruv . You don't even know the branch I was referring to. Lol
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by sarrki(m): 2:11pm On May 03, 2020
Beremx:
And who told you I am laughing at people being laid off? Is that what the topic is about?

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by duduade: 2:18pm On May 03, 2020
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by guru90: 2:19pm On May 03, 2020
[quote author=Aurora1 post=89136188][/quote]

Thanks brother.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Sonia201919: 2:22pm On May 03, 2020
Is this all their branches?or some are left?
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Frenzyboy(m): 2:28pm On May 03, 2020
Why do they wanna close most branches in east... South and west and neglecting the north.. Government are biased ..worst form of government so far..
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Samfloxin(m): 2:33pm On May 03, 2020
Many of those branches they mentioned there don't exist. There is no access bank in Upper Iweka, and so on
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by lexy2(m): 2:36pm On May 03, 2020
Access bank should just Kuku close down.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by iamdapsyj(m): 2:41pm On May 03, 2020
Covidodo:

Are you dyslexic ?
I never said he was lying . I only said it wasn't the absolute truth
i m not dyslexic oga and no be fight.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Igahbarr: 2:59pm On May 03, 2020
Access bank no no say Diamond bank carry corona virus before they go acquired it. See the result now.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Aurora1: 3:13pm On May 03, 2020
[quote author=Abujaexpress post=89134402]
The one they are closing is near H medix on the other end of A/Ademola, not the legacy diamond bank.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Odogwu999(m): 3:14pm On May 03, 2020
Thank GOD am not using access blank undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Aurora1: 3:27pm On May 03, 2020
[quote author=seunmsg post=89133495]

Let me just help you out of your ignorance.

You're right. The PHB takeover didn't happen.
When the merger talks started, Rev Agbetuyi of the Omega group seemed more interested in being in control than actually seeing things work out.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Mryacks: 3:29pm On May 03, 2020
Wow....lots of their operational branches I deal with in Abuja will be closed...hmmm
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by aujile(m): 3:50pm On May 03, 2020
sarrki:
Real madness the money contributed to convid would have used to cushion the people that will lost their jobs

What happened to the profits made in year in year out

The bank has not really been doing well. Looking at their PAT for the past five years, you will know that it's been rough in there.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by aujile(m): 3:52pm On May 03, 2020
Frenzyboy:
Why do they wanna close most branches in east... South and west and neglecting the north.. Government are biased ..worst form of government so far..
Bros no be government de close am. And again banks don't have as much branches in the north
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 03, 2020
Access bank no be am....i hate that bank with the last pint of my blood. I don't even want anything to do with that bank. But since they have to join Diamond bank with access bank, in fact, I don't know what to do again...
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by sniperr007(m): 4:34pm On May 03, 2020
FOLLYVENTURES:
Ehem!! Ladies and Gents. What can I say, we Live in really uncertain and unprecedented times.

Stay Tuned as more companies Begin to Downsize in the coming Days/Weeks. As usual contract staffs are usually the Scape goats.

#THEREVOLUTIONWILLNOTBETELEVISED!

It's expected.
They merged with diamond.

If you check it, most of the branches I know there were formal diamond branches.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Cmeo(m): 4:35pm On May 03, 2020
PureGoldh:
Chai.....in dx life...no dey do pass urself.

Others donated ....so they followed suit and at the end of the day...Their workers are to be whipped out from the office.

All dx donations wey Dem give FG...e be like say all of Dem don enter voicemail ooh

It is better to give one time than to be keeping recurrent (reoccurring) expenses especially when the future is not certain.
Re: Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) by Sardauna24(m): 5:00pm On May 03, 2020
Lexusgs430:

The only layoff i would ever experience, is when I retire........... grin

And that's if we can call that a more decent form of laying off...... wink
As i said earlier since na to wish pple badluck u sabi, them go retrench u soner rather than later,so be prepared to received ur sack later any moment from now,so start counting

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? / Helping Hands International Are They Real Or Scam? / Merrybet Punt For Pride III

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.