Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,777 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? (27519 Views)

Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Socialproject: 5:41pm On May 10, 2020
One chilled bottle of origin for you
koolaid87:
Enough of this tithe and offering bullsh1t.

Ain't you tired already??

Pay Tithe if it pays you. No one gives a damn.

Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by CuteYvonne777: 5:49pm On May 10, 2020
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by aalangel(f): 5:50pm On May 10, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

If you're still paying to pastors, then you're going against the Bible cheesy

Not in your place to tell me what to do...especially on this faceless Forum.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 10, 2020
Triplerg:
It's totally unnecessary. It's personal, so let your discretion guide you

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Moneydoll: 6:15pm On May 10, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

In Leviticus 27:30 God announced that tithe was his share of everything he had given unto you. It was to be seaprated and given to him through the Levites who were his appointed priest

The Levite were to offer a tenth of the same tithe as offering to God .

Today everyone redeemed by the blood of the lamb is redeemed a priest and a king and the primary duty of the priest is to offer sacrifice to God which includes our tithes which is used to advance God's kingdom here on earth .

Levites are priest . Rev 1:6 ....Rev 5:10
Firstly, all levites were not priests, though all priests were from the tribe of Levi. It was only the descendants of Aaron that were priests and high priest (Exodus 28:1). Grace elevated every believer in Christ (Jews or Gentiles) to the office of priest, with Christ as the high Priest.

First question: What kind/type of tithing do you practise as a tither? Do you just give a tenth of your income without checking to know which type of tithe and how it should be paid?
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Moneydoll: 6:40pm On May 10, 2020
rylanse:
By his grace, I am still paying my tithe and offering.
Blessings from tithing come only if you pay them accordingly. Even those who do not pay tithes are blessed by God for obeying the law of sowing and reaping. Tithing is not for the gentiles saved by grace, but for the people of Israel. Paul told us how to give to God in 2Corinthians 9: 6-7.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by sosospence(m): 7:18pm On May 10, 2020
Yes!
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by abigail11(f): 7:53pm On May 10, 2020
You guys should read Deuteronomy 26 vs 12-13. I think your question is answered there.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by chinebu(m): 8:14pm On May 10, 2020
bellenornor:
Oh Yes! I still pay my tithes and offerings.

You believe in giving God money to give you blessings and you refused to accept the finished work of the cross where Jesus our saviour was humiliated so that you and I can have all things free of charge.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by chinebu(m): 8:17pm On May 10, 2020
MrImole:
Yes

Most times, I only submit the envelope as they gave me: empty.

Hahahaha hahahaha laugh wan kill me. Are you serious?
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by ofiko123(m): 8:18pm On May 10, 2020
Yeah..many people pay their tithes and offerings online..
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by lookingfly: 9:10pm On May 10, 2020
bjgurl:
If you were a Muslim you'd have know better

I was born in the core north and also grew up there, so there is hardly anything you want to tell me about Islam and for your information, I've a relation that's a Muslim......oya, come connect the dot between Islam, bill gates and Zuckerberg? And pls, don't tell me they give zakkat too!!!
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by bjgurl(f): 9:17pm On May 10, 2020
Firstly Bill Gates and Zuckerberg you are referring to aren't Muslim are they?
Secondly if you know the importance of zakat and you are a Muslim + you have reached the certain requirements to do zakat, all you have to do is go to your Iman and do it. No need for people to know about it.
lookingfly:
I was born in the core north and also grew up there, so there is hardly anything you want to tell me about Islam and for your information, I've a relation that's a Muslim......oya, come connect the dot between Islam, bill gates and Zuckerberg? And pls, don't tell me they give zakkat too!!!
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by ThatFairGuy: 9:18pm On May 10, 2020
aalangel:

Not in your place to tell me what to do...especially on this faceless Forum.
It isn't a crime reminding you of what Bible said
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by lookingfly: 9:33pm On May 10, 2020
bjgurl:
Firstly Bill Gates and Zuckerberg you are referring to aren't Muslim are they?
Secondly if you know the importance of zakat and you are a Muslim + you have reached the certain requirements to do zakat, all you have to do is go to your Iman and do it. No need for people to know about it.
so how does this statement relate to me saying Zuckerberg and Bill gates don't pay tithes but are still very rich, since my reply was to make clear that tithes are not given in other to increase financially?

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by bjgurl(f): 9:41pm On May 10, 2020
Paying tithes or zakat doesn't reduce your wealth, it simply purifies it.
And if they did not do it, God knows best.
I'm done...

lookingfly:
so how does this statement relate to me saying Zuckerberg and Bill gates don't pay tithes but are still very rich, since my reply was to make clear that tithes are not given in other to increase financially?
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by bummyla(m): 9:42pm On May 10, 2020
Yes! I still Do To God's Glory! https://www.bummyla.com
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by aalangel(f): 9:47pm On May 10, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

It isn't a crime reminding you of what Bible said

Big crime...God hasn't sent you to me. You owe me no obligation whatsoever. Stick to your path, while I stick to mine.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by bellenornor(f): 11:52pm On May 10, 2020
chinebu:

You believe in giving God money to give you blessings and you refused to accept the finished work of the cross where Jesus our saviour was humiliated so that you and I can have all things free of charge.
Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and savior. I am born again. Bless you!
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by ThatFairGuy: 4:14am On May 11, 2020
How do you know I wasn't directed by holy spirit
aalangel:

Big crime...God hasn't sent you to me. You owe me no obligation whatsoever. Stick to your path, while I stick to mine.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Essien45: 7:09am On May 11, 2020
Live and direct! And how's that your business? Or later now you'll ask me how much do I have in my account? Busybody in another man's business.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by zedegit: 7:16am On May 11, 2020
thowbie7ven:
because it's always a controversial issue which will generate diverse thoughts hence large traffic

Its good Nairaland is a faceless forum because some people for dey collect regular beating. Walai.

But wait o. So as we are arguing, they are cashing out?
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by lookingfly: 10:08am On May 11, 2020
bjgurl:
I'm done...

purifies it, who told you this one? Can you back your statement from the Bible or Qur'an?
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by aalangel(f): 11:09am On May 11, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
How do you know I wasn't directed by holy spirit

Because I have the Holy Spirit, He directs me and you're saying things contrary to what I know.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by ThatFairGuy: 3:03pm On May 11, 2020
aalangel:

Because I have the Holy Spirit, He directs me and you're saying things contrary to what I know.
Okay ma'am cheesy
Thanks for your time
Besides, if you wanna pay your tithe, I am a Pastor, so remember me cheesy
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:25pm On May 11, 2020
somehow:

This has been proven [b]NOT [/b]to be tithe because it was one-off. tithe is not one-off according to Deu 14 vs 22 or is your tithe paying one-off?
So repeating this line multiple times won't make it what it is not.

Only you can explain why the one Abraham did with the High priest doesn't qualifies as tithe even though some of the oldest Bible's written out of the original manuscript still in circulation expressly used the word tithe to describe what transpired between the two and so declared that he gave tithe of all to the priest.

How Abraham even came to the idea is not known from the scripture because the priest didn't ask for tithe but Abraham did give it to him and he blessed Abraham . The less is always blessed of the better ... Heb 7:7

Note that after Abraham gave him this tithe he returned the balance of the goods to the king of Sodom. He didn't take any for himself for his efforts.

Something we know of Abraham life is that he was a man of ALTAR. when he got his first revelation about his blessings to come , he raise an altar ...there is no altar without sacrifce and fire to keep them alive

When he went into Egypt and got made he didn't build any altar there but when he was thrown out, he returned to his altar .....what he did when he return having been blessed we don't know but we know that anyone that visits altars must bring sacrifce

When Intel came to him that his brother's son had been kidnapped, he went in search and rescue operations with civilians against an army and returned victorious . While he was yet to reach his camp and altar to give thanks unto God for the uncommon victory, king's came out to receive their people and property back but God type of king unknown before then came on the scene to collect what would certainly have gone to his private altar for there is no way he would not have gone to his altar after such a victory .

The king of Righteousness and peace , the two issues Abraham resolved in his battle against those enemies and won came in human form before the balance of returns went back to the owners .

It is obvious that Abraham learnt that ten percent from his personal practice with his personal altars or it was a common practice amongst his people when they had no priest amongst them to offer percentages to their god of all their new material possessions

[/quote]

somehow:

No one asked him to do it, he didn't wake up in the morning looking for a priest to give, it was by accident that he met the priest and if he had not won the war he went to, he would not have dashed the priest 10th of the SPOILS OF WAR. he was not threatened by anyone to do it nor reminded every Sunday that his blessing was attached to doing it!

After that day, nothing was recorded of him repeating such feat. HE WAS EVEN ALREADY RICH before that encounter, so his covenant with God to be very rich was not from that act but from his obedience during his son's trial! (sacrificing Isaac)

Nothing in the scripture is an accident for God is a God of order . Even how to arrange altar and wood for burnt offering meant and had significant value to him and the whole exercise. He didn't bump into the priest. It was God's designed and operations . Go and read your scripture slowly , Abraham got rich in Egypt not by Issac and obedience ... His obedience extended his influence and blessing. Go and read the sequence ... He got rich and went back to his first altar

somehow:

So how come we have no chapter or even a verse showing that early Christians paid tithe, yet we have other forms of giving Jesus preached and the disciples practiced? Jesus paid tax but no record of him paying tithe, why?

So if Jesus did not bother to preach about tithe but on how to make heaven, how come you and most pastors in Nigeria preach it weekly? some even threaten more tithers with hell and curses, why?

Since I see you dodging questions that you know will expose you, I will ask again: Does not paying your kind of tithe stop you from making heaven?

You do not have the Bible littered with the issue of tithe because a one time statement by Jesus Christ was enough for the wise ... You should have done this while also paying tithe ... Matt 23:23 ..... should have been sufficient evidence that needed no flogging ... Giving wasn't the problem of the early church ... They gave until they were begged to stop giving. So giving wasn't a big deal ...a widow dying of starvation gave ...another gave right in the presence of Jesus ...giving wasn't difficult.... Jesus sent out his apostles without purse and they lacked nothing ... Jesus is the Lord of the harvest ... He is the Melchizedek that explains why he commended tithing without any written evidence that he practiced same but he wasn't the authority on tax but the earthly government, so he was bound to pay ... Did he give offering ?

Name one church or preacher that preaches tithe every week, month or year that you know of with evidence ...

Any of your question that I refused to answer would only mean that is is of no consequence to what we are discussing.
Asking me what is tithe seems idotic to the general matter before us
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by somehow: 5:23pm On May 11, 2020
Will not paying your own version of tithe make you an unbeliever?
Will it stop you from making heaven?
Answer these 2 questions since it seems you are just throwing assumptions everywhere.

Nodogragra4me:

Only you can explain why the one Abraham did with the High priest doesn't qualifies as tithe even though some of the oldest Bible's written out of the original manuscript still in circulation expressly used the word tithe to describe what transpired between the two and so declared that he gave tithe of all to the priest.

How Abraham even came to the idea is not known from the scripture because the priest didn't ask for tithe but Abraham did give it to him and he blessed Abraham . The less is always blessed of the better ... Heb 7:7

Note that after Abraham gave him this tithe he returned the balance of the goods to the king of Sodom. He didn't take any for himself for his efforts.

Something we know of Abraham life is that he was a man of ALTAR. when he got his first revelation about his blessings to come , he raise an altar ...there is no altar without sacrifce and fire to keep them alive

When he went into Egypt and got made he didn't build any altar there but when he was thrown out, he returned to his altar .....what he did when he return having been blessed we don't know but we know that anyone that visits altars must bring sacrifce

When Intel came to him that his brother's son had been kidnapped, he went in search and rescue operations with civilians against an army and returned victorious . While he was yet to reach his camp and altar to give thanks unto God for the uncommon victory, king's came out to receive their people and property back but God type of king unknown before then came on the scene to collect what would certainly have gone to his private altar for there is no way he would not have gone to his altar after such a victory .

The king of Righteousness and peace , the two issues Abraham resolved in his battle against those enemies and won came in human form before the balance of returns went back to the owners .

It is obvious that Abraham learnt that ten percent from his personal practice with his personal altars or it was a common practice amongst his people when they had no priest amongst them to offer percentages to their god of all their new material possessions

No one asked him to do it, he didn't wake up in the morning looking for a priest to give, it was by accident that he met the priest and if he had not won the war he went to, he would not have dashed the priest 10th of the SPOILS OF WAR. he was not threatened by anyone to do it nor reminded every Sunday that his blessing was attached to doing it!

After that day, nothing was recorded of him repeating such feat. HE WAS EVEN ALREADY RICH before that encounter, so his covenant with God to be very rich was not from that act but from his obedience during his son's trial! (sacrificing Isaac)

Nothing in the scripture is an accident for God is a God of order . Even how to arrange altar and wood for burnt offering meant and had significant value to him and the whole exercise. He didn't bump into the priest. It was God's designed and operations . Go and read your scripture slowly , Abraham got rich in Egypt not by Issac and obedience ... His obedience extended his influence and blessing. Go and read the sequence ... He got rich and went back to his first altar

So how come we have no chapter or even a verse showing that early Christians paid tithe, yet we have other forms of giving Jesus preached and the disciples practiced? Jesus paid tax but no record of him paying tithe, why?

So if Jesus did not bother to preach about tithe but on how to make heaven, how come you and most pastors in Nigeria preach it weekly? some even threaten more tithers with hell and curses, why?

Since I see you dodging questions that you know will expose you, I will ask again: Does not paying your kind of tithe stop you from making heaven?

You do not have the Bible littered with the issue of tithe because a one time statement by Jesus Christ was enough for the wise ... You should have done this while also paying tithe ... Matt 23:23 ..... should have been sufficient evidence that needed no flogging ... Giving wasn't the problem of the early church ... They gave until they were begged to stop giving. So giving wasn't a big deal ...a widow dying of starvation gave ...another gave right in the presence of Jesus ...giving wasn't difficult.... Jesus sent out his apostles without purse and they lacked nothing ... Jesus is the Lord of the harvest ... He is the Melchizedek that explains why he commended tithing without any written evidence that he practiced same but he wasn't the authority on tax but the earthly government, so he was bound to pay ... Did he give offering ?

Name one church or preacher that preaches tithe every week, month or year that you know of with evidence ...

Any of your question that I refused to answer would only mean that is is of no consequence to what we are discussing.
Asking me what is tithe seems idotic to the general matter before us

Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:02pm On May 11, 2020
somehow:
Will not paying your own version of tithe make you an unbeliever?

No. You believe in the finished work of Christ... Tithe is not a God to be believed ... It is a practice driven by zeal to expand God's kingdom through prosperity of the church ... Zachariah 1:17 .. it is about Matt 6:33

somehow:

Will it stop you from making heaven?

No. Acceptance of the finished work of Christ on the cross is your only guarantee for making heaven ... John 3:16

somehow:

Answer these 2 questions since it seems you are just throwing assumptions everywhere.

The only assumption you have made went wide off the mark of available evidence of who God is .... That Abraham meeting with Melchizedek was an accidental happenstance not ordained by heaven even when genuine Christian knows that everything first gets to haapen in the heavenly realm controlled by God before it physical occurrence

You don't even know that Abraham riches came way before Isaac ever showed up in his life and you are a doctor of the scripture
I stated that Abraham was a man of altar and the scripture has the record .... He raised altar before he became rich and went back to altar after he became rich ...what was he doing when he went to the altars he built without God commanding him to do so

Why did Melchizedek show up before those king's ambushed him for their properties? Did he go to his altar after his meeting with Melchizedek to thank God again ? Why didn't he go? Was the victory against trained army with bloody civilians not worth thanking God for ?
Why and how did he arrive at ten percent if he wasn't a practice for every new Victory in his life?

Juxtaposition of my assumption against the written word and your own assumption will prove who knows what is written in the scripture

You ask why tithe was not taught and I stated that Jesus Christ already took a stand on it and it was an existing practice that they were more zealosu about than mater of justice and mercy and faithfulness in their dealings with one another
I stated that our tithe is in the order that Abraham did four hundred years before it became a law ... We don't pay to Levites ...we pay so that there may be meat in God's house like Malachi the propeht told the children of Israel ... He was a propeht not a Levite but he was the one hollering it

The writer of Hebrew says it is received by men who will die but it records are with the ultimate Melchizedek who lives forever .

Did Jesus Christ give offering

Compare yours to mine and then pass it to your senior spiritual leaders
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:28pm On May 11, 2020
bjgurl:
I'm done...

They lack understanding.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by somehow: 8:48pm On May 11, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

No. You believe in the finished work of Christ... Tithe is not a God to be believed ... It is a practice driven by zeal to expand God's kingdom through prosperity of the church ... Zachariah 1:17 .. it is about Matt 6:33

No. Acceptance of the finished work of Christ on the cross is your only guarantee for making heaven ... John 3:16

The only assumption you have made went wide off the mark of available evidence of who God is .... That Abraham meeting with Melchizedek was an accidental happenstance not ordained by heaven even when genuine Christian knows that everything first gets to haapen in the heavenly realm controlled by God before it physical occurrence

You don't even know that Abraham riches came way before Isaac ever showed up in his life and you are a doctor of the scripture
I stated that Abraham was a man of altar and the scripture has the record .... He raised altar before he became rich and went back to altar after he became rich ...what was he doing when he went to the altars he built without God commanding him to do so

Why did Melchizedek show up before those king's ambushed him for their properties? Did he go to his altar after his meeting with Melchizedek to thank God again ? Why didn't he go? Was the victory against trained army with bloody civilians not worth thanking God for ?
Why and how did he arrive at ten percent if he wasn't a practice for every new Victory in his life?

Juxtaposition of my assumption against the written word and your own assumption will prove who knows what is written in the scripture

You ask why tithe was not taught and I stated that Jesus Christ already took a stand on it and it was an existing practice that they were more zealosu about than mater of justice and mercy and faithfulness in their dealings with one another
I stated that our tithe is in the order that Abraham did four hundred years before it became a law ... We don't pay to Levites ...we pay so that there may be meat in God's house like Malachi the propeht told the children of Israel ... He was a propeht not a Levite but he was the one hollering it

The writer of Hebrew says it is received by men who will die but it records are with the ultimate Melchizedek who lives forever .

Did Jesus Christ give offering

Compare yours to mine and then pass it to your senior spiritual leaders

so, since the tithe issue won't stop anyone from making heaven, then its of no importance to salvation race

have a nice day!
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:50pm On May 11, 2020
Moneydoll:

Firstly, all levites were not priests, though all priests were from the tribe of Levi. It was only the descendants of Aaron that were priests and high priest (Exodus 28:1). Grace elevated every believer in Christ (Jews or Gentiles) to the office of priest, with Christ as the high Priest.

First question: What kind/type of tithing do you practise as a tither? Do you just give a tenth of your income without checking to know which type of tithe and how it should be paid?

What have you succeeded in passing across ? Nothing.

I should checked types of tithes ... Then checked whether it can pass through quickteller or envelop ... Are you sure you are well ...or you don't know that everything you are , your sweat is represented by your money today ?

You never earn attention, go and study more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? / It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says / Dressing Seductively To Deposit Lust In The Heart Of Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.