Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? (27500 Views)

Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:55pm On May 11, 2020
somehow:

so, since the tithe issue won't stop anyone from making heaven, then its of no importance to salvation race

have a nice day!

Thank you ., Thankfully you have learnt that Abraham did Not become rich because of isaac.
Go and read Genesis and learn the events and sequence as they happened .., you just read a doctrinal books and insisting on it as they idol to be followed ..

Go and tell that your author that Abraham was irch before Isaac and he practiced altar life without a priest

God bless you
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by somehow: 9:01pm On May 11, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

Thank you ., Thankfully you have learnt that Abraham did Not become rich because of isaac.
Go and read Genesis and learn the events and sequence as they happened .., you just read a doctrinal books and insisting on it as they idol to be followed ..

Go and tell that your author that Abraham was irch before Isaac and he practiced altar life without a priest

God bless you

apart from the thank you from you, the rest are not worth my response since they are irrelevant to salvation as you have agreed to
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Myer(m): 9:15pm On May 11, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

Show us where it is written in the new testament that tithe was abolished ... Just a single verse to support your statement

It's rather ignorance that would make you expect a verbatim verse that says tithe is abolished.
I could as well ask you to show me a single verse in the new testament that says tithe is not abolished? But that would make us both ignorant.

Wisdom would make you understand that it was abolished with the laws of old testament.
Hebrews 7 especially sheds more light on the abolishment of the law of tithes.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:17pm On May 11, 2020
Myer:

It's rather ignorance that would make you expect a verbatim verse that says tithe is abolished.
I could as well ask you to show me a single verse in the new testament that says tithe is not abolished? But that would make us both ignorant.

Wisdom would make you understand that it was abolished with the laws of old testament.
Hebrews 7 especially sheds more light on the abolishment of the law of tithes.

You don't deserve a response ... Go and read your book and Bible or better still read the comments and rejoinders here , it may help you even better .,you abolished something without saying something...are you are not as good as been called a mad man .. Read Matt 23:23 aloud in basic English version
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Moneydoll: 9:22pm On May 11, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

What have you succeeded in passing across ? Nothing.

I should checked types of tithes ... Then checked whether it can pass through quickteller or envelop ... Are you sure you are well ...or you don't know that everything you are , your sweat is represented by your money today ?

You never earn attention, go and study more.
Calm down. If you really want to practise tithing, there are types of tithing and ways to do them. Pastors who preach tithing will always run to the book of Malachi, without telling you why tithing was practised, and how it was done.
You can continue to part with your money if you wish. Also know that Abraham was already rich even before he gave a tenth of his spoils to Melchizedek. Tithing did not make him rich.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Myer(m): 9:25pm On May 11, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

You don't deserve a response ... Go and read your book and Bible or better still read the comments and rejoinders here , it may help you even better .,you abolished something without saying something...are you are not as good as been called a mad man .. Read Matt 23:23 aloud in basic English version

Let me entertain your ignorance some more.
What do yo think is the difference between the old testament and the new testament?
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Myer(m): 9:35pm On May 11, 2020
Omooba77:

Centurion built Synagogue.
Cornelius was a devouted man.. Acts 10: 2 A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.
Dorcas was a giver

You should hide your ignorance some more, it's becoming embarrassing.
You simply quote what your prosperity pastors swindle you with.

They managed to brainwash you to believe that Good healed the centurion's servant because he built the synagogue right?
When Christ himself said it was simply his exceptiona faith that healed him.
And that's why you're also sowing seed into your pastor's life and every building project of the church right? Kontinu

With Cornelius and Dorcas, was it their tithes or good deeds? Don't twist the bible sir.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by bjgurl(f): 9:32am On May 12, 2020
Surah At-Taubah, Verse 103:
خُذْ مِنْ أَمْوَالِهِمْ صَدَقَةً تُطَهِّرُهُمْ وَتُزَكِّيهِم بِهَا وَصَلِّ عَلَيْهِمْ إِنَّ صَلَاتَكَ سَكَنٌ لَّهُمْ وَاللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ

Take alms out of their property, you would cleanse them and purify them thereby, and pray for them; surely your prayer is a relief to them; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
(English - Shakir)

via iQuran
lookingfly:
purifies it, who told you this one? Can you back your statement from the Bible or Qur'an?
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:57am On May 12, 2020
somehow:

apart from the thank you from you, the rest are not worth my response since they are irrelevant to salvation as you have agreed to

If you are interested in knowing how or what Abraham did at his altars then read what his grand son Jacob vowed to do at his own altar ... He certainly learnt it from family culture and history .

"And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all .....that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee." (KJV1769+, Genesis 28:22)

I am the God of Bethel, where thou anointedst the pillar, and where thou vowedst a vow unto me: now arise, get thee out from this land, and return unto the land of thy kindred." (KJV1769+, Genesis 31:13)

Leave church doctrine and focus on what is written. Buying one book from one ignoramus parading as knowledgeable religious teacher is not an answer to spiritual pursuit and depth ... Stinginess will always make people like you to find ways to avoid any thing that has to do with money ... Assemblies members ..
Little reason the church will be on a single project , for ages
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by lookingfly: 11:31am On May 12, 2020
bjgurl:
Surah At-Taubah, Verse 103:
خُذْ مِنْ أَمْوَالِهِمْ صَدَقَةً تُطَهِّرُهُمْ وَتُزَكِّيهِم بِهَا وَصَلِّ عَلَيْهِمْ إِنَّ صَلَاتَكَ سَكَنٌ لَّهُمْ وَاللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ

Take alms out of their property, you would cleanse them and purify them thereby, and pray for them; surely your prayer is a relief to them; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
(English - Shakir)

via iQuran
you think you can just quote portions that will drive home your argument abi.......who is taking alms and who is giving alms? Maybe this portion doesn't even relate to zakkat? Could be different scenario completely.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Themandator: 2:13pm On May 12, 2020
somehow:

Guy , this guy corner you and do you strong thing ... I read una exchange and the guy tuake to the bathroom ... Go baff... Una never reach to join Mata with this one
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by gowonmaharajah(m): 3:19pm On May 12, 2020
Bahamas95:
I don't, I prefer giving my money to children in the orphanage. That gives me more joy.

The last time I visited I bought only four cartons of noodles and the children were celebrating as if I bought them a trailer load of noodles. I almost cried that day, when I got home the kinda peace I had was top notch. I can't give my money to one criminal on suit.
h
Hmmm...
you tried
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 12, 2020
lookingfly:
that's all you can do for now because that's the overwhelming truth and you don't have anymore gimmick to push that your false teaching of pastors are Levites so they should be given tithes. Moreso, even if i may accept your teachings, pastors, choirs, ushers, Temple keepers, security church workers are all Levites. How many of the tithes do they receive?
I don't argue much when it comes to religious matters dear nairalander.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by thowbie7ven(m): 10:24pm On May 12, 2020
zedegit:

Its good Nairaland is a faceless forum because some people for dey collect regular beating. Walai.

But wait o. So as we are arguing, they are cashing out?
Yes ooo...they are seriously cashing out
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Olude193: 6:41pm On May 13, 2020
Omooba77:

See you tomorrow at our online Church

grin grin grin
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:12pm On May 13, 2020
Themandator:

Guy , this guy corner you and do you strong thing ... I read una exchange and the guy tuake to the bathroom ... Go baff... Una never reach to join Mata with this one

@somehow na small boy wey dey think too highly of himself ... imagine him telling me that I am not a good student of the Bible when he doesn’t even know why Abraham became rich. Imagine I should read and think on his comment carefully like it is a nuclear secret ... some half knowledge that he parades ...all this assemblies Sunday school teacher ps with perfunctory knowledge

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 15, 2020
Break table
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Nobody: 12:14am On May 16, 2020
Toh
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Mordecai(m): 1:09pm On May 16, 2020
jeshrun44:

There is everything wrong with you bro, you are giving what belongs to GOD to your parents, its obvious you dont love your parents either.
Do an audit of your financial life, can you see you are always entering into one financial issue or the other ? It is simply because you are tithing wrong.
Tithing to GOD does not stop you from taking care of your parents. To get out of financial mess, you have to start tithing right and the only way to tithe right is to give GOD the first 10th of your income. That you are giving it to your pastor does not mean you are not giving it to GOD. it is none of your business what the church or pastor does with your tithe, yours is to obey and pay your tithe.

On which authority does the pastor collect the tithe? Who made him a collector of tithes? Is he a Levite? Or a descendant of Aaron the High Priest?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Benny Hinn And His Wife Get Back Together / Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? / It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.