Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? (27477 Views)

Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Terz4christ: 12:17pm On May 10, 2020
Jeffyblaq:

Well said buddy!
Someone just reminded me that in this life, their's no formula towards it.. Just live right n let yuh conscience guide n judge you.

Finito!
Selfishness is not a sign of Godliness at all. Don't be self pleasing.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by desiredhome: 12:20pm On May 10, 2020
femi4:
but when you couldn't get govt pallatives you ran back to the Church for help
How many Church gave palliative in this lockdown def?
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by femi4: 12:20pm On May 10, 2020
desiredhome:

How many Church gave palliative in this lockdown def?
Seriously, oya do survey
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by somehow: 12:24pm On May 10, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

For you to state that Abraham didn't pay tithe is to tell the Bible that it is wrong in it records of Abraham encounter with Melchizedek. The Bible says he gave him tithe of all and this happened even before God made tithing a law . This means that for Abraham to have paid tithe and for God to have declared it a laws the people must have know about tithe for God didn't explain tithe to them ... He just made it a law ... You cannot have a law that is not understood otherwise such a law won't command obedience ... God just mentioned in his statement on tithe by declaring that tithing of all your blessing is now a must ... They didn't ask him what tithe meant ... They already were doing it at a personal level .

Another lie: The bible said he gave him a tenth [/b]of the [b]spoils of war not tithe or of all as you wrote.
Here are the bible passages :

" Genesis 14:17-24 Lexham English Bible (LEB)
Abram Meets Melchizedek

17 After his return from defeating Kedorlaomer and the kings who were with him, the king of Sodom went out to meet him at the Valley of Shaveh (that is, the Valley of the King). 18 And Melchizedek, the king of Salem, brought out bread and wine. (He was the priest of God Most High). 19 And he blessed him and said,

“Blessed be Abram by God Most High,
Maker of heaven and earth.
And blessed be God Most High
who delivered your enemies into your hand.”

And he[a] gave to him a tenth of everything. [/b]21 And the king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the people, but the possessions take for yourself.” 22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have raised my hand to Yahweh, God Most High, Maker of heaven and earth, 23 that neither a thread nor[b] a thong of a sandal would I take from all that belongs to you, that you might not say, ‘I made Abram rich.’ 24 Nothing besides what[c] the servants have eaten and the share of the men who went out with me will I take. Let Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre take their share.”

Heb 7 vs 2:

[b]to whom also Abraham apportioned a tenth part of all the spoils, was first of all
, by the translation of his name, king of righteousness, and then also king of Salem, which is king of peace

If you do not even know what and how he did what he did, how then can you practise it well?
God did not make it a law there and when he did in Deut, it was not for Christians but for 11 tribes in Israel towards the 12th tribe of Israel (Levi)

If what I wrote above are lies, quote your bible reference as evidence just like I have done.

Nodogragra4me:

Tithe didn't come by God's law. It was already practiced by Abraham meaning he got to know of it. The Bible didn't call it any other name but tithe .. you cannot claim to know more than the Bible

Jesus never spoke about the law when he addressed the Pharisee and leaders of the church ... He already knew them as teachers of the law ...... He spoke to them in regards to the order acceptable to him and heaven ...undo the injustice in the land that is in your power to remedy and then pay your tithe ... Here s the portion .....

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

I did not add anything to it .... Without neglecting the former tells you that it was a continuous exercise ... If they paid once they would have done it long before Jesus was born into their midst . They weren't doing eye service but letting other affairs in their hands to suffer to focus on tithing .. Jesus wasn't responsible for the tithe collection so there is no eyes service involved when he has no share of it and he wasn't standing in front of any tithe collection box . It was a practice in the church ...Tithing is a continuous exercise as long as your mintnis not a once and for all provision.

Jesus did not make tithe a command but he didn't abolish it nor denounced it by any of his statement on tithing ... As a matter of fact , heb 7:8 says that tithe are collected here on earth by men who will die but the records are with him that lives forever

Abraham did not tithe, he only gave a one-off offering not from his belongings but from the spoils of war, I proved this to you already, can you show me a bible quote that disapproved what I said?
The one the bible called tithe is in Deuteronomy 14 vs 22:28

I will quote it here:

"Tithes

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands."

Is the above same as what Abraham did?
Abraham was returning from war when he met the priest, are you saying he went to war with his belongings that he now gave 10th to the priest or it was what he was coming from the war with that he gave a one-off offering from?

Yes, Jesus reminded the law keepers of what the law says, are you a law keeper? are you under the law? is Christianity under the law which is the old testament or under grace which is the new testament? Did Jesus or any of his disciples pay tithe? if yes, where and when?

Jesus did not condemn it just as he didn't condemn Judaism as a religion because he was yet to fulfill the law, yet he never for once paid tithe, if it was so important to Christians, how come the bible only recorded where JESUS PAID TAX and decided not to record where he paid TITHE?

Are you under the law or under grace? if you're still under the old testament, are you following all the laws of the old testament including this one in Deu 15 especially the quoted?

"The Year for Canceling Debts

15 At the end of every seven years you must cancel debts. 2 This is how it is to be done: Every creditor shall cancel any loan they have made to a fellow Israelite. They shall not require payment from anyone among their own people, because the Lord’s time for canceling debts has been proclaimed. 3 You may require payment from a foreigner, but you must cancel any debt your fellow Israelite owes you. 4 However, there need be no poor people among you, for in the land the Lord your God is giving you to possess as your inheritance, he will richly bless you, 5 if only you fully obey the Lord your God and are careful to follow all these commands I am giving you today. 6 For the Lord your God will bless you as he has promised, and you will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. You will rule over many nations but none will rule over you.

7 If anyone is poor among your fellow Israelites in any of the towns of the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward them. 8 Rather, be openhanded and freely lend them whatever they need. 9 Be careful not to harbor this wicked thought: “The seventh year, the year for canceling debts, is near,” so that you do not show ill will toward the needy among your fellow Israelites and give them nothing. They may then appeal to the Lord against you, and you will be found guilty of sin. 10 Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. 11 There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your fellow Israelites who are poor and needy in your land."

Think my comments and questions thoroughly before attempting to answer them.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by somehow: 12:28pm On May 10, 2020
For the anti-tithers and pro-tithers, please read this

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/id12.html
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by squarelead(m): 12:29pm On May 10, 2020
If you are not able to pay your tithe now, why not gather it and pay once, after the Church resumes. Once you earn, it is mandatory to pay tithe. I wonder why people say gibberish about the LIVING GOD. It's mandatory to pay tithe. I hear people saying it's for Pastor's, YES it is for them, how do you want Pastor's to survive, where should their salary be from. And sincerely, many Pastor's do not rely on your so called tithe, some use it for the expansion of the ministry. Pls and pls, aaa ni wo Ina o tori oro enu WA Ati nkan ti an type sori ero ayelujara o
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by pennywys(m): 12:32pm On May 10, 2020
Omooba77:

Obligatory
to who?

To who do you owed such obligations?
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Gudlite: 12:35pm On May 10, 2020
Tithe guarantees my income and
Offering guarantees my increase

Therefore I will continue to pay once I have new income
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Gudlite: 12:37pm On May 10, 2020
Tithe guarantees my income and
Offering guarantees my increase

Therefore I will continue to pay once I have new income. I am only obeying the word of God in Malachi 3 vs 10

Infact my tithe is 15% now.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by bonnyhope: 12:39pm On May 10, 2020
bellenornor:
Oh Yes! I still pay my tithes and offerings.

Through what means? Because church remains close
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by mikmash(m): 12:40pm On May 10, 2020
People like this don't often pay taxes to the government even, the just like flogging these topic. For bashing sake. Don't enforce it on people to pay or not to.
As long as I know where i'm heading good and fine.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by SexytorresE(f): 12:43pm On May 10, 2020
KINGJAJA888:

Where is your tithe going to ?

What does God need our man-made money for ?

When last did ur pastor help u or give you any form of palliative despite all the tithe U've been paying since 1960 ?

Dangote is the richest man in Africa. does he pay tithe ?

Meditate on these Questions nd keep shut Cuz na person wey chop belleful dey give offering. angry
even If I chop belleful I won’t pay shi shi
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by SexytorresE(f): 12:45pm On May 10, 2020
Have never paid such nonsense when I was a Christian and I regretted even paying offering self . But one way or the other the offerings came back to me. I guess u wanna knw how grin
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Klechman(m): 12:45pm On May 10, 2020
Omooba77:
Church do not physically open for now; I want to ask Do you still pay your Tithes and Offerings?
“Set aside a tithe — a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. Then go to the one place where the LORD your God has chosen to be worshipped; and there in his presence eat the tithes of your corn, wine, and olive oil, and the firstborn of your cattle and sheep. Do this so that you may learn to honour the LORD your God always. If the place of worship is too far from your home for you to carry there the tithe of the produce that the LORD has blessed you with, then do this: Sell your produce and take the money with you to the one place of worship. Spend it on whatever you want — beef, lamb, wine, beer — and there, in the presence of the LORD your God, you and your families are to eat and enjoy yourselves.
Deuteronomy 14:22‭-‬26 GNB
https://bible.com/bible/296/deu.14.22-26.GNB
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 10, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Why can't I be a Pastor? must I be a Pastor's wife?
u Will be call "pastor tithe"
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by mu2sa2: 12:46pm On May 10, 2020
MrImole:
Yes

Most times, I only submit the envelope as they gave me: empty.
Hahahaha, your head dry there!
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by lookingfly: 12:47pm On May 10, 2020
eniolaamos7:

You just made me laugh.
that's all you can do for now because that's the overwhelming truth and you don't have anymore gimmick to push that your false teaching of pastors are Levites so they should be given tithes. Moreso, even if i may accept your teachings, pastors, choirs, ushers, Temple keepers, security church workers are all Levites. How many of the tithes do they receive?
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by ChyjoskyJ: 12:50pm On May 10, 2020
All those saying that their pastors are the new levites of our time must be checked for Covid 19.

From the holy bible the Tribe of Levi is one of the tribes of Israel, traditionally descended from Levi, son of Jacob. The descendants of Aaron, who was the first kohen gadol of Israel, were designated as the priestly class.

Then a yoruba or Igbo man will manage to build a house and congregate people and tell them now I built a house of God, I'm now a levi.

It makes sense to say I have decided to pay 10% or what whatever to my christian community where I belong than to talk this trash.

It makes more sense to obey our lord Jesus who said '' go and sell all your property and give them to the poor and come and follow me'' Mark 10:21

He did not say go and sell it and bring it to me or the apostles but give it to the poor.

Also the sharing of offering in the early church in Acts 6 - 2 & 3 the bible said this.

''So the Twelve called a full meeting of the disciples and addressed them, 'It would not be right for us to neglect the word of God so as to give out food you, brothers, must select from among yourselves seven men of good reputation, filled with the Spirit and with wisdom, to whom we can hand over this duty We ourselves will continue to devote ourselves to prayer and to the service of the word''.

It is your right to share the tithe in your church to members who are in need and not the pastors. Why do you guys allow them to brainwash you like this. Read your bible and ask the holy spirit to help you understand.

One lost christian will come and defend extravagant lifestyle of this so called pastors.

I will live you with these words of our lord Jesus in Matt 7 - 22 & 23. to meditate on.

When the day comes many will say to me, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, drive out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?"

Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, all evil doers

Who are they?
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by nonhuman(m): 12:52pm On May 10, 2020
bellenornor:
women and stupidity are like 5&6
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by peacefulhome(f): 12:53pm On May 10, 2020
If my church call me to come for all my past tithe and offering, I will not even allow the call to end before I get to church entrance.

My tithe and offering is doing social distance till further notice.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Sermwell(m): 12:53pm On May 10, 2020
femi4:
but when you couldn't get govt pallatives you ran back to the Church for help
God forbid!! I gave out palliatives. I don't need the church for anything!! I never did!!
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Klechman(m): 12:58pm On May 10, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

I have never paid a dime to any pastor unless I seed into his life to get what he carries and there must be proof not words that you carry something ... The kingdom of God is not in words but power ... I just started sowing directly to Bishop oyedepo account on quickteller ... I mean propeht offering to provoke the same favour and financial domination he commands , upon his life on mine. Tithing is is that the meat in God's house may be full and it is a cardinal duty

As for the needy, many are in that station by design ... Whatever you sow you will reap whether you are in chains by village People or free from them. Gal 6:7

There is a seedtime according to the order for God but no havest time. You provoke your havest anytime you get the understanding and you cannot harvest but what you have planted ... It is the law of the spirit . Gen 8:22

If you are against my favouring pastors you are indirectly sowing the same seed into your own life and don't be surprised when where you ought to be nominated for a job somebody less qualified gets it

Some are needy and poor by their sowing ... Provoke judgement on yourself through careless utterance and the harvest most surely come to pass

When compassion doesn't flow from a man with understanding towards you even with claims of not eating for days know you are under judgement for God is a God of compassion ... He fed 5000 men who came for the word without them asking him for food

Your feeding is God's responsibility as a good father ...if he has your honour you will have his honey.
It is wrong to say some are needy or poor by their sowing.
God made both the poor and the rich. That is why He said the poor we will always have among us
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by jonatoye(m): 12:58pm On May 10, 2020
olumike001:
The shock the whole world got was that church moved from being the poorest institution/organisation to being one of the richest in the world, by then they have more enemies if not the whole world to contend with.

What would have been fate of the church if there is no money in this pandemic period. Then church will be begging govt for 10mins on NTA lol, now churches have radio stations, TV stations.etc

Someone mentioned Dangote, if Dangote need TV to grow his business, he would have acquired the whole TV stations, in essence the church is using the media which is a tool for propagation of the gospel and children of devil are crying tithes and offerings

How many people have benefited from you in your community with your non payment of tithes.

Leave tithers alone, your message have no backings atleast tithing didn't stop us from being good to our neighbors.

The funny aspect is as Dangote n co supported the govt, the Church also lend there hands to help the govt. What a wonderful world

Poverty of the soul is a very terrible thing! People can spend 400% of their earnings for partying or to impress people but when it get paying 10% to God it becomes an issue. Whatever you do, do it as unto the Lord! I don't care what the church do with my tithe but I care about obeying God to pay my tithe. It is pity that does who pays tithe don't complain. It is those who don't that complain about private jets, Universities, TV stations and many wonderful edifice built by the church that complain.

If the Nigerian government will manage resources the way the church does to have places like Redemption Camp, Canaan land, Glory dome, private Universities own by the Church; This nation would have been a wonderful place!

This spirit of I don't have enough, people must give me is the spirit of poverty; it is not the resources in your disposal that tells if you are poor but believing that you don't have and cannot give. Being liberal in giving to God and people within the measure of God's grace made available for you is the greatest deliverance from poverty!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by mechanics(m): 1:02pm On May 10, 2020
I do gather at the family levels close to where am living and on Sundays churches are open, so I do still pay my tithes and offerings.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Therapyken(m): 1:05pm On May 10, 2020
A Christian should not tithe. Read Heb. 7:5,11,12.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by Neroiam(m): 1:16pm On May 10, 2020
KINGJAJA888:

Where is your tithe going to ?

What does God need our man-made money for ?

When last did ur pastor help u or give you any form of palliative despite all the tithe U've been paying since 1960 ?

Dangote is the richest man in Africa. does he pay tithe ?

Meditate on these Questions nd keep shut Cuz na person wey chop belleful dey give offering. angry

You think this thing happen just like that? Time and chance happen to them all. Try to understand that the spirit controls the physical.. Maybe we can start from there
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by amrichy(m): 1:19pm On May 10, 2020
GoodBoi1:
Yes, I've been working. Corona virus didn't really affect my activities. I'm glad knowing that the tithe and offerings financially empowers the church to bless people with material substances and do other good works.
You're one of the few lucky ones bro. Personally, coronavirus pandemic has made things very terrible for me (I teach in a private secondary school).. feeding alone has now become quite difficult, so paying tithe is out of the question for people like me. Notwithstanding that I'm a stranger, I won't mind whatever little change I can get from you sir. 2020 274 729; A. A. R.; Polaris bank. Thanks.
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by itu404(m): 1:28pm On May 10, 2020
you , kuma, are not a christian; most time you all come here to degrade us in the guise that pastors are crooks we all know you for by their fruits you shall know them... bloody hypocrites go face your religion with your strange songs amd strange writings.
Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by iramure(m): 1:28pm On May 10, 2020
bellenornor:
congratulations, keep on paying, devorers shall not come near u

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by iramure(m): 1:35pm On May 10, 2020
I know a pastor who codedly moved some of his staff members who also happen to be his forced church members to his his office and continue the extortion there
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by tmanuelle(m): 1:42pm On May 10, 2020
okeyumez:
Many Christians are hypocrites. We often ignore the poorest of the poor for assistance but love giving to pastors for eye service.
My thites is for those who need help

Exactly my sentiments
Re: Do You Still Pay Your Tithes And Offerings? by demmie1: 1:46pm On May 10, 2020
Sermwell:
My tithes goes to my aged parents every month!! If they want to pay tithe from it, that's their business!! even when I have not earn anything for 2 months now, I still sent my tithe to them!! can someone tell me if anything is wrong with how I tithe??

Tithing 101 cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Benny Hinn And His Wife Get Back Together / Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader / Pope Francis Will Consecrate Russia And Ukraine To Our Lady Today.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.