Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls (5750 Views)

Nigeria Is Fvcked Up, The Police Are Fvcked Group Of Criminals. / She Pulled Her Pants…. “i Fvcked” (18+) / HOW I FVCKED MY PRIMARY 4 TEACHER….(18+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 03, 2020
I've never been a downer, never asked for help, but I think i need help . I'm depressed

I'm socially fvcked up beyond repair. Ever think you're at the point where you started learning things too late? It's where I am right now.

High school days were tormenting, I had friends that tortured me emotionally, lowered my self esteem and confidence.

Now I'm 19, first year in the uni. Never had a gf, very few friends.
I've been a chronic Introvert, was shy (not anymore).

Would have asked for help earlier but I dismissed the thought, thinking I'll soon get around to fixing my completely non-existant social life.

Social skills, to others, is just like a normal everyday skill, but to me, I apply conscious effort and focus. Trust me, I've tried

Things like having anxiety attacks moment before calling a girl. Ended up calling, was a disaster

I just have this feeling of being behind
- too behind

Now anyone I encounter, I feel completely out-of-sync within a few minutes. I keep loosing meaningful connections.

My outward appearance makes people wanna come close, then they get to notice I'm socially awkward and I'm politely forgotten.

I don't want this Life anymore, I just want to live a normal social life.

Someone pls help!
FP pls

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 03, 2020
Now you mentioned it's beyond repair. Of what benefit is any advice to you?

You need to change your mindset first, and work on your self-confidence.

10 Likes

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Greystone: 12:16pm On May 03, 2020

1 Like

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Renida: 12:17pm On May 03, 2020
Your awareness is your freedom. Let it guide you as you form new healthy social lifestyle

2 Likes

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Oluromantic: 12:19pm On May 03, 2020
At 19 what you're going thru is not abnormal. What's abnormal about you is your thoughts that are getting near suicide gradually.

5 Likes

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Tpave(m): 12:21pm On May 03, 2020
Your just 19yrs. You're still very young, work on your self esteem.

4 Likes

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by yungsmart(m): 12:21pm On May 03, 2020
Greystone:

Forget girls for now.

Work hard and make money.

They will be the ones chasing you.
It is one thing to read a content, it is another to understand. You are of the former, he needs help with his social life generally.
Op I have no advice because am also just like you. I look forward to see solutions in this thread.

2 Likes

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by bobontop: 12:25pm On May 03, 2020
I had a similar experience. But everything changed when I recieved Jesus into my life. I was set free from that cage of fear and timidity. My most sincere counsel is this, receive Jesus into your life. It makes you a brand new man.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by macdanny247(m): 12:27pm On May 03, 2020
Concentrate on ur studies... Try making friends, be urself don't try to impress anybody.
Confidence is built, nobody will give it to u!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 03, 2020
Gracealone:
Now you mentioned it's beyond repair. Of what benefit is any advice to you?

You need to change your mindset first, and work on your self-confidence.

I needed to open up to someone, I really felt like taking something off my chest. Nd yes, I'd take any advice from socially active people
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 03, 2020
Oluromantic:
At 19 what you're going thru is not abnormal. What's abnormal about you is your thoughts that are getting near suicide gradually.

cry I just want to be normal like everyone else, that's all.
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 03, 2020
Tpave:
Your just 19yrs. You're still very young, work on your self esteem.

Thanks.
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Solowande(m): 12:44pm On May 03, 2020
?
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by liquidfaya: 12:49pm On May 03, 2020
Reminds me of that loser digmygold

He had to marry a grandmother just to cope. But he was dumped by his father as a baby. So his issues are hopeless.

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by mrNEMZY(m): 12:59pm On May 03, 2020
What are your interests?
Like are you good at playing video games?
Watching football?
Movie freek?
Nerd?

Just build on what interests you, everything begins to fall in place.
Let me take video games for example, if you like it, try leaving your room, go to gaming centres and play, you would see how good you would fit with the people around because they share the same interests.
Football? Instead of watching on your own, go to viewing centers. This would go a long way.

Another thing that would go a long way is maturity, you are just 19 in 1st year, you are still a baby, with time things would fall into places for you.

Chronic introvert? Don't try to change this, there's nothing wrong with it.

The girl friend part... you are lucky. Believe me, the time for this haven't reached, though society might try to pass it as normal having girls at this age, but the truth is, they can be a major source of distraction to your future, especially if you turned into a womanizer, most of your productive time would be spent on trying to get someone laid. Your days in the University can usually make or Mar you, don't spend it chasing after women.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by adeboi1: 1:00pm On May 03, 2020
Iclef
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Digmygold: 1:02pm On May 03, 2020
liquidfaya:

He had to marry a grandmother just to cope. But he was dumped by his father as a baby. So his issues are hopeless.

Lol. Deadbeat redpiller. Where is your family. Pvssy hunter. Now you are old sad and lonely. Waiilng on your mattress, no solution to your misery. Your devil.mind come tell you to come and preach your redpill poo on this platform thinking we will be stupid to join you in your folly. Wifeless old mofo. grin
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Thoughtfeed: 1:05pm On May 03, 2020
Needhelppls:
I've never been a downer, never asked for help, but I think i need help . I'm depressed

I'm socially fvcked up beyond repair. Ever think you're at the point where you started learning things too late? It's where I am right now.
I
High school days were tormenting, I had friends that tortured me emotionally, lowered my self esteem and confidence.

Would have asked for help earlier but I dismissed the thought, thinking I'll soon get around to fixing my completely non-existant social life.

Social skills, to others, is just like a normal everyday skill, but to me, I apply conscious effort and focus. Trust me, I've tried

Things like having anxiety attacks moment before calling a girl. Ended up calling, was a disaster

- too behind

Now anyone I encounter, I feel completely out-of-sync within a few minutes. I keep loosing meaningful connections.

My outward appearance makes people wanna come close, then they get to notice I'm socially awkward and I'm politely forgotten.

Someone pls help!
FP pls

There is no normal social life

Everyone you see out there has self esteem issues

Thats why girls use filter... Thats why boys want to make money, thats why they flaunt money..

There is no normal.

Accept your social awkwardness and live life...

What are your hobbies and dreams.

In my class some people see me as socially awkward.... I barely talk though lots ofi guys and girls like being around me.... But i live my life. I focus on making money and perfecting my skills

I can now play thr guitar, piano, do graphics and write books.

I'm a student already earning above the minimum wage....

When girls enter my room, i don't try to impress them, i dont even reply their compliments... I sometimes say... I know....

I dont hate my social awkwardness, instead i use the spare time it gives me to focus on getting money and enjoying myself.....

For you to do all these you have to read books

Like 48 lawsof power
The power of the subconscious mind
7 habits of highly effective people
Brian Tracy books
There are many

Dont assume that others are enjoying.... No one is really enjoying in this world.... Those that live happily simply developed a thicker skin.... They know that life is brutal but they are not as soft as you thats why no one or nothing in life can hurt their esteem....

They know that we are all going to die so they enjoy their lives and have fun....

Take this from me

Take life very seriously when you're alone or working but when you're in public, take life less seriously, laugh and joke and play...

If no one laughs at your jokes... make better jokes... Dont start feeling bad...

Another thing is to have direction, ambition.... Remember that you're not going to see those your school friends after 5 years.. so if you live your life because of them you will end up lost after five years...

So plan for youro future and work towards it..... Laugh and joke with your school friends and seriously work towards your future....

Don't try to be the most popular or most loved in school.... Simply be Happy...

Embrace your awkwardness... Stop judging your life by looking like others....

Develop hobbies, learn skills, stay busy and focus on your life goals.... That way you'll have a better future...

And havw fun when the time comes

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 03, 2020
Thoughtfeed:

Thats why girls use filter... Thats why boys want to make money, thats why they flaunt money..

There is no normal.

In my class some people see me as socially awkward.... I barely talk though lots ofi guys and girls like being around me.... But i live my life. I focus on making money and perfecting my skills

When girls enter my room, i don't try to impress them, i dont even reply their compliments... I sometimes say... I know....

I dont hate my social awkwardness, instead i use the spare time it gives me to focus on getting money and enjoying myself.....

Like 48 lawsof power
Brian Tracy books
There are many

Dont assume that others are enjoying.... No one is really enjoying in this world.... Those that live happily simply developed a thicker skin.... They know that life is brutal but they are not as soft as you thats why no one or nothing in life can hurt their esteem....

They know that we are all going to die so they enjoy their lives and have fun....

Take this from me

Take life very seriously when you're alone or working but when you're in public, take life less seriously, laugh and joke and play...

If no one laughs at your jokes... make better jokes... Dont start feeling bad...

Another thing is to have direction, ambition.... Remember that you're not going to see those your school friends after 5 years.. so if you live your life because of them you will end up lost after five years...

So plan for youro future and work towards it..... Laugh and joke with your school friends and seriously work towards your future....

Develop hobbies, learn skills, stay busy and focus on your life goals.... That way you'll have a better future...

Thanks a lot for this smiley
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 03, 2020
adeboi1:
Iclef

I don't like replying all these kids that open new monikers and the first thing they do is to ask for a relationship or social behavior advice or financial help.

These kids are exactly the ones that use their main monikers to abuse people who post relationship tips and tell them to go make money that with money, they'll get any woman and everything sorted out in seconds.

When reality hits them, and all of a sudden, you'll see them with a new moniker asking for help in relationship or finance.

It's hypocrisy and I hate it.

1 Like

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by adeboi1: 1:32pm On May 03, 2020
iClef:

I don't like replying all these kids that open new monikers and the first thing they do is to ask for a relationship or social behavior advice or financial help.

These kids are exactly the ones that use their main monikers to abuse people who post relationship tips and tell them to go make money that with money, they'll get any woman etc

When reality hits them, and all of a sudden, you'll see them with a new moniker asking for help in relationship or finance.

It's hypocrisy and I hate it.

Sorry I didn't know about that.
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Tozic: 1:32pm On May 03, 2020
first and foremost you need find out that thing that's making u feel timid around women, it could be a malady...
Make friends with extroverts.
You see I emphasized on this part very well.. Don't joke with it. You need human skills.

4 Likes

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Dobson43: 1:44pm On May 03, 2020
Needhelppls:

Thanks a lot for this smiley

Your problem basically is how do you handle rejection? Whatever temperament you have, you need to become comfortable with your self. Love your self first. Handling societal pressure is hard because everyone else out there are living lies. My bro, it's all about packaging o. You gat to build your self and simply learn the art of not giving a f_ck. Do your thing and be your self. Forget those advices up there about giving life to Jesus. Think positive thoughts about yourself

2 Likes

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 03, 2020
Dobson43:

Your problem basically is how do you handle rejection? Whatever temperament you have, you need to become comfortable with your self. Love your self first. Handling societal pressure is hard because everyone else out there are living lies. My bro, it's all about packaging o. You gat to build your self and simply learn the art of not giving a f_ck. Do your thing and be your self. Forget those advices up there about giving life to Jesus. Think positive thoughts about yourself

Thanks man

1 Like

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 03, 2020
Tozic:
first and foremost you need find out that thing that's making u feel timid around women, it could be a malady...
You see I emphasized on this part very well.. Don't joke with it. You need human skills.

Will try my best to. Thanks
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Parkleader: 2:02pm On May 03, 2020
liquidfaya:

wtf
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Digmygold: 2:05pm On May 03, 2020
liquidfaya:

Poor redpiller wailer. Your children are hungry. Their hoe mothers are fvcking retards to exist. Child support is what you should be researching on. Deadbeat mofo. grin
Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 03, 2020
Seriously your own pass my own. I don't talk to people neither do I keep friends but when I do talk to others it just happens naturally.

Social life is not a life. Be Quarantined with something else

1 Like

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 03, 2020
The fact is YOU ARE PROUD!!!!! Now you don't want to be PROUD again cause you losing a lot...

I understand that feeling all you need to do is walk up to people you've use your ego to send away, patch things up.

By doing this you're already boosting your self-confidence..

Enjoy grin wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 03, 2020
Digmygold:

Poor redpiller wailer. Your children are hungry. Their hoe mothers are fvcking retards to exist. Child support is what you should be researching on. Deadbeat mofo. grin

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Anonime1105(m): 2:47pm On May 03, 2020
Thoughtfeed:

There is no normal.

Like 48 lawsof power
Brian Tracy books
There are many

Take this from me

Op take this advice and work on your self esteem, you would be fine
I was once in your shoes back then in 100level but I grew, it happen naturally at first then I came across some books that gave me a boost , some have been listed up there by this poster

2 Likes

Re: My Social Life Is Fvcked. I Need Help Pls by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 03, 2020
Needhelppls:

- too behind

Someone pls help!
FP pls

I'm 20, in my 3rd year of Uni. I've never had a girlfriend, at first it was because i was scared of girls. Now I realise there's really nothing to it. I am a chronic introvert. I've been ridiculed all the way from primary school cos of my height. But it stopped when i gained admission, lol. I'm not the only vertically challenged guy in the university. I'm the first born, but somehow my younger ones know their way around the town more than I do, cos I'm always at home.

My point is that your agenda should be in building yourself, I was socially awkward for a while, but I had to come to my senses. I'm studying biochemistry and it involves tons of seminars, lab works, presentations, group study. There's absolutely no time to be shy. I once delivered a seminar on collagen synthesis and although I wasn't able to ace the questions directed at me the professors were impressed with my delivery.

You sound young like me and I don't have to tell you, this is your life. Live it now or never. Everyone is responsible for his mental health. You own your life, live it as you want.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Ever Rejected S*x Offer From A Girl Before? (WHY) / Bigger Is Better: 6 Reasons To Date A Guy With A Big Nose / So Called 'love' Is Based On Beauty : True Or False?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.