Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,303 members, 7,957,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:42 PM

Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed (7287 Views)

How To Make Snack Recipes Indian For Kids For Breakfast At Home? / World Jollof Day 2018: Three Fun Recipes To Try / Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Boliboli760: 11:07am On Jul 16, 2020
Eulalia:
Wow! I just saw this thread now and fortunately I made corn sticks ( kokoro) today.

I grew up o
In ikoyi so used to buy those snacks at obalende bus stop roundabout when ever I'm going to the island.
But I now make them myself at home.

Please dont mind the pics quality.

Wow! They look good and yummy. Please share your recipe and your steps. It is always nice to share the quantity used.
Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Boliboli760: 11:16am On Jul 16, 2020
I saw these food basket online and the shop that sells it online has had quite a number of sale.This means there is a demand for it especially towards the festive periods like EID, CHRISTMAS, NEW YEAR ,EASTER,BIRTHDAYS AND MUCH MORE.

Get inspired; You too can package something like this and sell them

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Boliboli760: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2020
Hello,

You an email me on
Seniorwriter:

Hello OP...I'm interested in your investment modalities....Let's scale up profit with the information u have available. Though I'm not available on WhatsApp @the moment but if you don't mind let's relate on facebook messenger....I tried sending u an email here I hope u got it.

Best Regards.
Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2020
Boliboli760:

Wow! They look good and yummy. Please share your recipe and your steps. It is always nice to share the quantity used.

Yep Thanks. And they taste great too.

Cornmeal powder 2 cups
Water 1cup
Sugar 2tbs
Salt 1/4tsp
Vegetable oil for frying

In a bowl mix the sugar, cornmeal and salt. Then take out half cup and set aside.

Mix the remaining 1and half cup corneal with water to form a runny paste as shown below.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
Place it on the fire begin to stir until it firms up like semo for swallow.
As shown below

Place the corn meal in a big bowl, cover and leave to cool completely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
* When it is cooled, add the remaining half cup cornmeal you set aside and knead until smooth. As shown below

* Take a little portion  and roll in between your palm, you can also roll it on a flat table to get a longer shape.Repeat this process for the remaining dough. You can also twist and make circle shapes. Whatever suits your fancy.

* Now heat up some vegetable oil until hot and fry the rods shaped dough until it hardens.

*Remove the cornsticks and place on sieve lines with paper towels, to remove excess oil.Leave to cool and ENJOY .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Boliboli760: 1:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
What cornmeal powder brand did you use?
You can share the pics here or did you make your corn meal yourself?

Eulalia:

* When it is cooled, add the remaining half cup cornmeal you set aside and knead until smooth. As shown below

* Take a little portion  and roll in between your palm, you can also roll it on a flat table to get a longer shape.Repeat this process for the remaining dough.

* Now heat up some vegetable oil until hot and fry the rods shaped dough until it hardens.

*Remove the cornsticks and place on sieve lines with paper towels, to remove excess oil.Leave to cool and ENJOY .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by pocohantas(f): 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2020
Eulalia:

* Take a little portion  and roll in between your palm, you can also roll it on a flat table to get a longer shape.Repeat this process for the remaining dough.

Wowww! So this is how kokoro is made. I really don’t see them in the streets like I used to as a kid. Before the lockdown, work took me to Abj and I saw loads of it in one restaurant (Biobak). I packed it, with chinchin, tafinrin and plantain chips... I can’t remember how much they sold it/them, but looking back, it was never that expensive. Even if I factor in the present value of Naira.

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 16, 2020
Boliboli760:
What cornmeal powder brand did you use?
You can share the pics here or did you make your corn meal yourself?

I didn't use branded cornmeal. I bought dry corn and took it to the millers and milled it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Wowww! So this is how kokoro is made. I really don’t see them in the streets like I used to as a kid. Before the lockdown, work took me to Abj and I saw loads of it in one restaurant (Biobak). I packed it, with chinchin, tafinrin and plantain chips... I can’t remember how much they sold it/them, but looking back, it was never that expensive. Even if I factor in the present value of Naira.

grin grin

Yes dear.

I used to buy it a lot but these days I dont get to see it much in my area. And the ones I see are usually exposed to air by those Hawking it. At supermarket, I won't get enough to quench my hunger for it cos it will be so small and expensive. So i bought 1paint corn and milled it. I make it at home now and eat it to my satisfaction. I can't seem to have enough of it. So sweeeeet.

Ah tanfirin too is very easy. Mix corn and fried groundnut, ginger and pepper and grind dry.
Then add sugar and little water then press together to mould. Its been long though but those are the basic ingredients for tanfili aka dankwa.

Primary school days things.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by pocohantas(f): 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2020
Eulalia:

Yes dear.

I used to buy it a lot but these days I dont get to see it much in my area. And the ones I see are usually exposed to air by those Hawking it. At supermarket, I won't get enough to quench my hunger for it cos it will be so small and expensive. So i bought 1paint corn and milled it. I make it at home now and eat it to my satisfaction. I can't seem to have enough of it. So sweeeeet.

Ah tanfirin too is very easy. Mix corn and fried groundnut, ginger and pepper and grind dry.
Then add sugar and little water then press together to mould. Its been long though but those are the basic ingredients for tanfili aka dankwa.

Thanks.

Mehn! Anything that involves flour and kneading ehn, my mind go just cut. It was so expensive, I was eating it small small and refused to share.

You really get patience o. Buy corn, come mill am. I tap into that. If you give me, I go collect. No be me go do this work. cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Seniorwriter(m): 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2020
Boliboli760:
Hello,

You an email me on boliboli760@yahoo.com

Okay...I'll do that
Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Boliboli760: 3:13pm On Jul 16, 2020
Oh,that is a good one. So basically , dried corn( used for popcorn) blend it to powder form and that is cornmeal powder.

Eulalia:

I didn't use branded cornmeal. I bought dry corn and took it to the millers and milled it.
Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Boliboli760: 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
Show us Tanfirin oh, that will be lovely.

Eulalia:

Yes dear.

Thanks.
Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
Boliboli760:
Show us Tanfirin oh, that will be lovely.

Ah.. Wish I could. Very busy this week preparing for my birthday. Sowiii grin anytime I get the chance though, I would.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2020
Boliboli760:
Oh,that is a good one. So basically , dried corn( used for popcorn) blend it to powder form and that is cornmeal powder.

No o shocked not the one used for pop corn. Its the one used for pap. Those big grain corn.

Yes just grind it to powder, thsrs your cornmeal powder.
Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Mehn! Anything that involves flour and kneading ehn, my mind go just cut. It was so expensive, I was eating it small small and refused to share.

You really get patience o. Buy corn, come mill am. I tap into that. If you give me, I go collect. No be me go do this work. cheesy cheesy

Lol grin grin.. Why the mind cutting? it's fun though so no need to fear.

Yes o. I have the time and patience o. Since school is still on lock down and when I'm not attending to any online hustle, I use the time to make me some corn sticks especially as I'm on diet, it helps me cut down too much eating and its very filling. Keeps you fuller for long. wink

1 Like

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Boliboli760: 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
Eulalia:

No o shocked not the one used for pop corn. Its the one used for pap. Those big grain corn.

Yes just grind it to powder, thsrs your cornmeal powder.

You know we have people from abroad on the forum, so it is always nice to be clear.

You can share pics when next you are doing the process to show ingredients.

Happy birthday in advance.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 16, 2020
[quote author=Boliboli760 post=91783309]

You know we have people from abroad on the forum, so it is always nice to be clear.

You can share pics when next you are doing the process to show ingredients.

Happy birthday in advance. [/tjhankd.quote]

Ok. But the pop corn specie is different.

Will upload pics of both in a bit. Network is crazy here at the moment.
Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 16, 2020
This is the one used for popping. Not same as the regular corn for making a corneal powder.

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
This is the type I used but the white of it. This is the type used for making corn sticks.íp

Hope they can make out the difference.

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Motirayo2018(f): 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2020
Eulalia:
This is the one used for popping. Not same as the regular corn for making a corneal powder.

This type when blended are called cornstarch

1 Like

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Motirayo2018(f): 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2020
Eulalia:

Ah.. Wish I could. Very busy this week preparing for my birthday. Sowiii grin anytime I get the chance though, I would.

Happy birthday in advance ma

1 Like

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Boliboli760: 5:22pm On Jul 17, 2020
Motirayo2018:

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
Motirayo2018:

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
Motirayo2018:

Thanks Mam. smiley.
Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 17, 2020
Motirayo2018:

Wow! shocked really?

Good to know.
Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Motirayo2018(f): 7:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
Eulalia:

Thanks Mam. smiley.

You are welcome

1 Like

Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Poshdadiva: 7:24pm On Dec 12, 2020
Motirayo2018:

Good afternoon

I can make gurundi with my toasting machine.
Coconut candy and peanut
Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Poshdadiva: 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2020
Wow! I just saw this thread now and fortunately I made corn sticks ( kokoro) today.

I grew up o
In ikoyi so used to buy those snacks at obalende bus stop roundabout when ever I'm going to the island.
But I now make them myself at home.

Please dont mind the pics quality.
Re: Lagos Island Snack Recipes Needed by Motirayo2018(f): 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2020
Removed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please How Is This Prepared And What Is The Name. / I Need Help On How To Make Semovita. / Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.