Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,114 members, 7,828,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Being Black In Berlin/germany - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Being Black In Berlin/germany (160185 Views)

Nigerian Man Stranded & Acting Unwell In Berlin. Do You Know Him? / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (95) (Go Down)

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by youngking22(m): 2:33pm On May 07, 2020
Danielhouston:
Thank you to everyone that has been following this thread. It’s been a pleasure sharing these stories with you and I loved every minute of it.

Unfortunately the thread has gone in a different direction now. Not what I expected but I know how the internet can be. I will focus on other things now and maybe check back next week to see if we can continue.

I love you guys, never stop dreaming and never stop trying. It will get better.

Bro, thanks so much for taking time out too educate we all, including Trolls. It's as if am in Berlin myself
grin
Danielhouston:
Thank you to everyone that has been following this thread. It’s been a pleasure sharing these stories with you and I loved every minute of it.

Unfortunately the thread has gone in a different direction now. Not what I expected but I know how the internet can be. I will focus on other things now and maybe check back next week to see if we can continue.

Bro, thanks so much for taking time out too educate we all, including Trolls. It's as if am in Berlin myself.,can't wait to walk the streets of Vienna, and pen down my own experience.
Once again thanks and stay safe.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by youngking22(m): 2:38pm On May 07, 2020
Danielhouston:

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Sparrow0: 2:59pm On May 07, 2020
Danielhouston:

Sorry man, you're not used to the usual Nairaland thing. I apologize on their behalf.
Even though I don't have any interest in Germany, I've learnt a lot from every piece of information you shared, I appreciate you for that, I really do.
Take some time off and check back again, the trolls will be gone.
Stay safe out there man.

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by DMPaulSr: 3:04pm On May 07, 2020
Danielhouston:

I'm glad u've seen what they were telling you.
Imagine if this thread was taken to front page, arguments will come from all angles.
cheesy They'll hijack it from you, derail it and you'll be forced to abandon it
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 07, 2020
youngking22:

Bro, thanks so much for taking time out too educate we all, including Trolls. It's as if am in Berlin myself
grin

Bro, thanks so much for taking time out too educate we all, including Trolls. It's as if am in Berlin myself.,can't wait to walk the streets of Vienna, and pen down my own experience.
Once again thanks and stay safe. Brother i saw schools with tuition as low as €1600 in Austria how easy or tough is it to get the visa
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 07, 2020
youngking22:

grin

Once again thanks and stay safe.
Brother i saw schools with tuition as low as €1600 in Austria how easy or tough is it to get the visa
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Sparrow0: 4:17pm On May 07, 2020
you4me:
Brother i saw schools with tuition as low as €1600 in Austria how easy or tough is it to get the visa
There seems to be no Austria student visa thread, you can create one and ask your questions there. You'll get more contributions and other people that are interested will learn from there too.
My 2 cents.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by youngking22(m): 4:49pm On May 07, 2020
you4me:
What's the name of the school. I will attend University of Vienna.

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Acuna91: 6:14pm On May 07, 2020
yvelchstores:
this is because the seat of satan is in Berlin. The remains of An accident temple where pegans use to sacrifice humans, called the seat of satan was excavated from turkey and moved to Berlin, many years ago and it now sits in a museum of its own. What's more interesting is that it was after aldolf Hitler visited this museum, he was "inspired" to do all he did to the jews leading to the death of millions of jews, burnt alive, in burning chambers, sacrifice style. If you doubt, please go ahead and do your study and research on this. It is safe to say Berlin is the devils city, with countless demons infesting lost souls. You said it yourself, all those praises of yours about Berlin is nothing short of demonic Fiesta. I do pray that salvation comes to Berlin. It will not be easy as there will be countless spiritual princes to fight.
#the end is near
I don't even know if you were listening to yourself as you typed this. I'm very sorry for your brain.

3 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by FATnigga(m): 7:04pm On May 07, 2020
Teaser4:
'The women are skinny, the food's disgusting... England's a sh*thole' - Di Maria's wife in extraordinary Man Utd rant.

This na una almighty UK, wey yu no gree let us rest oh...one man's food is another man's poison.. this is hilarious

source
https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/england-shthole-di-maria-wife-psg-star-failed-man-utd-spell/9iqzmcga7p341mcicihq669xg
thanks for ruining this thread
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 07, 2020
Sparrow0:

There seems to be no Austria student visa thread, you can create one and ask your questions there. You'll get more contributions and other people that are interested will learn from there too.
My 2 cents.
Thankyou jack sparrow I’m your secret admirer I’ll do that just immediately brother
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 07, 2020
youngking22:

What's the name of the school. I will attend University of Vienna.
Technical university of Graz https://www.tugraz.at/en/studying-and-teaching/studying-at-tu-graz/financial-matters/tuition-fees-and-the-austrian-student-union-fee/
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by JuwonBobo(m): 7:24pm On May 07, 2020
Is anyone studying @ Deggendorf Institute of Technology? Please I have questions?
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Sparrow0: 7:39pm On May 07, 2020
you4me:
Thankyou jack sparrow I’m your secret admirer I’ll do that just immediately brother
Lol you welcome man grin
@secret admirer; I'm a pirate o, you like pirates? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by janettee(f): 8:14pm On May 07, 2020
Nikepucci1:

Who be all this ones,na the reason we no want this thread for front page be this.. Nigeria wey no demonic,how far?.....carry you and your religion talk comot for here joor....

LMAO grin.

4 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 07, 2020
Sparrow0:

Lol you welcome man grin
@secret admirer; I'm a pirate o, you like pirates? cheesy cheesy
haaa!!! Pirates like you with passion to assist others. I did as you said i.e create a topic on Austrian thread and Justwise mistook “Austria” for “Australia” and closed down the thread

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Sparrow0: 8:27pm On May 07, 2020
you4me:
Just saw that your thread has been closed, Justwise mistook 'Austrian' for 'Australian'.

But why not try Germany, I was just doing some research for you and I saw where someone said "if you can afford Germany's blocked account you can afford Austria". That 'might' mean that Germany is a better option financially.

If you still prefer Austria then search for Emmanuelosa and try get in touch with him.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Sparrow0: 8:43pm On May 07, 2020
you4me:
haaa!!! Pirates like you with passion to assist others. I did as you said i.e create a topic on Austrian thread and Justwise mistook “Austria” for “Australia” and closed down the thread
Lol you ehh grin grin

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 07, 2020
Sparrow0:

Lol you ehh grin grin
Jack,Justwise has unblocked the thread thanks
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Sparrow0: 10:11pm On May 07, 2020
you4me:
Jack,Justwise has unblocked the thread thanks
Great grin
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by ghettochild4u(m): 12:26am On May 08, 2020
Danielhouston:

Hahaha it is really like that, except that it’s real life and you’re the actor. So if you die, you die for real. If you survive, you survive. If they knock you down, you get up and try again. But I tell you, there are days you’ll wake up and just smile and thank God you’re here. Peace of mind, even from walking around, your spirit will be calm like a river. Beauty everywhere.

For 4 years I did not sweat, even in the gym. It’s just in the last 2 years I started sweating because the summer got hotter. You know what it means to live in a place for 7 years and light never went off, not even for 1 second. Internet to do whatever you want and watch anything you want without buying recharge card.
Your attitude will also change, you’ll become calmer and less troublesome. Even noise making will start to disgust you. You can lay on the ground and your cloth won’t get dirty. No mosquito.
U r right even south Africa here better in terms of electricity, another reason am thinking I can't cope in naija without electricity
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by johnpoko: 12:29am On May 08, 2020
Hey Daniel, I’m living in the US and I’m visiting Berlin this September for vacation. Any suggestions on where to tour in Berlin? Thanks
Danielhouston:
Hey guys, I just joined Nairaland. I’m a Nigerian living in Berlin, I studied here and have been living in Germany for almost 7 years now. I’ll be happy to tell you about life in Berlin and Germany in general. I’ve traveled around Germany and lived in Frankfurt, Cologne, Stuttgart, Dusseldorf, Kassel, Berlin.

I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Just be ready to get some raw undiluted answers cos I’m not here for wishy-washy happy moments. I’ve seen it all and experienced a lot in Germany and Europe. Good and bad. I’ll tell you as it is. I will share my experience about being black in Berlin and Germany in general.

Pls if you have questions about visas, application, study requirements etc.... I will not answer them. There are available threads for those questions. This is strictly about life in Germany and the black experience. I also will not reply to any private messages, as I don’t believe in favoritism. My opinions will be for everyone to see.

I implore other black people in Germany to share their experience here as well. I have a busy schedule and may not be here every time but I’ll try my best. That’s why I urge other blacks living in Germany to contribute to the post.

Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by ghettochild4u(m): 12:30am On May 08, 2020
Danielhouston:

Germans see Nigerians as Africa and Africa as poor people who need help. Fraudster is not what comes to their minds. They see Ghanaians as fraudsters because many of them have been scammed by Ghanaians in the name of cyber love and marriage.
Many of them don’t even know anything about Nigeria. Nothing at all. They just know on the map that it’s in Africa and Africa is poor. When you tell them you’re from Nigeria, they first pronounce it in German and say “oh Africa....”

But you see these white girls that parade Afro clubs looking for black boys to tidy them, those ones know what’s up. They even know Nigerian food. One German girl came to my house once. I was about to eat. She saw my food and said “ah Egusi, I like egusi and pounded yam...” She told me her ex was Nigerian.
I pursue the girl from my house. Oya madam, carry your jacket and go.
Why is that most of us abroad once he meet a lady whose dated a Nigerian... Its a turn off.
It's a real turn off for me too here in South Africa...
Once u say u dated a naija.. Mo ma japa.. Recently I met some lady we chatting online n she's like I love Nigerians song n started singing teni's song. So I asked her.. U dated a Nigerian n she said yes... Immediately she said I know it's a turn off for u
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by ghettochild4u(m): 12:38am On May 08, 2020
Danielhouston:

I will not give all the information because this is a public forum and I want to remain anonymous. But before I left Nigeria, I saved my NYSC money every month and managed. I told my friends I wanted to travel, they laughed at me. But I was determined. I got international passport and just kept it, even though I had no means. Getting that Nigerian passport was my motivation every day.

I used my NYSC money to apply to schools. I applied to 27 schools, got rejected by all of them. My money finished. My friends said I was crazy but I didn’t give up. I used the last money I had to apply to another University but I didn’t give it any hope. I didn’t hear from them.

My spirit just told me to send the school an email about my application. I did and they replied. They said they offered me admission and sent me a letter since 3 months ago. And the school was about to resume. Turns out my letter was in Nipost. Stupid people threw it one corner.
I went to Nipost and begged them to look for it, gave the man money. He eventually found it after 2 weeks. Then it was late. I didn’t have money to travel anyway.

I emailed the school and they agreed to move my admission to the next semester. I was happy. Then I started hustling for money and selling property and praying. One rich Igbo man I used to greet and wash his car sometimes, one day he shook my hand and gave me money. I opened it and it was $600. I thought I was dreaming or he made mistake. But it was true. I knew it was God at work.

I eventually got enough money, went for interview, I didn’t know anything or anybody in Germany. Did all my research online every night. I was buying recharge card just solely for research. I did interview and kept hoping.
I was in Ikeja under bridge eating egg roll and drinking coke, when I got the message from German embassy to come with travel insurance. I knew it was visa. All the while, I didn’t tell anybody. I kept it all to myself.

I went on Facebook and joined apartment groups for people in Germany and found a room with some German guys before I left Nigeria. I went shopping, got my ticket. First time traveling abroad, I was sweating like Jackie. I changed my money at the airport. Before I boarded the plane, I went to toilet to sh*t out everything about Nigeria.

I arrived Dubai and took another flight to Frankfurt. Germany was so cold. I didn’t even know what train looked like or how to read signs. But thanks to my Android phone, google maps and translate showed me everything. I asked some people about the train and went to my city.

I used google maps to locate the flat and rang the bell. Met the German guys and they showed me my room. They said I’ll stay for 3 days then they’ll decide if they like me as a flat mate or not. They later liked me and I lived with them. They helped me with everything about registration, bank account, insurance, transport, they taught me everything. They even drove me to buy things for my room. I met their friends as well.
They took me to the stadium for the first time in my life, being in a stadium watching a match live.

I eventually went to my school and my life started from there. I made lots of mistakes and got lost many times in Germany. I suffered o. People used me and threw me out of their house. Even Nigerians. Even the Nigerian church I was attending, they helped me but they almost destroyed me.
Na here we dey today and the rest is history.
One thing have realized about nigerian churches abroad.. As a newbie, they'd hardly help u n only after the lil u have to donate as tithe n offerings..
The reason I stopped attending nigerian churches
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 3:50am On May 08, 2020
Am loving this thread.. Keep up the good work OP..
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by GreatMage: 9:29am On May 08, 2020
tomiwaaa:

I'm not playing any prank whatsoever. I am serious about the post.
The other info on the post was just additional details. my main question was what Mr Daniel thinks of the town.
A simple advice on a town in Germany isn't a life changing decision and I don't think anyone needs to know anyone in person before helping with info
You wanna know somethings about kleve?
Okay...
Kleve is a village, it's a dry place with little or no job opportunity unlike Kamp-Lintfort, it's partner campus.
There you have it grin

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by olioxx(m): 9:44am On May 08, 2020
yvelchstores:
this is because the seat of satan is in Berlin. The remains of An accident temple where pegans use to sacrifice humans, called the seat of satan was excavated from turkey and moved to Berlin, many years ago and it now sits in a museum of its own. What's more interesting is that it was after aldolf Hitler visited this museum, he was "inspired" to do all he did to the jews leading to the death of millions of jews, burnt alive, in burning chambers, sacrifice style. If you doubt, please go ahead and do your study and research on this. It is safe to say Berlin is the devils city, with countless demons infesting lost souls. You said it yourself, all those praises of yours about Berlin is nothing short of demonic Fiesta. I do pray that salvation comes to Berlin. It will not be easy as there will be countless spiritual princes to fight.
#the end is near
I don't know why some people just get problem for this Naija.
Una nor dey read?
Dear Mods of Nairaland, pls hence forth any body that breach Section 1 of the Nairaland Constitution MUST be banned. By the power vested in me as a Nairalander, I propose that bill.
Section 1 of the Nairaland Constitution state: 1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic.

8 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by olioxx(m): 9:48am On May 08, 2020
Hadampson:

I'm less bothered about racism as long as it doesn't involve represive violence smiley
It's been a while bro.

I sight you.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by tillaman(m): 9:52am On May 08, 2020
One of the best thread so far!!!
@danielhouston ignore the wannabe revivalist
If you want revive any city please start from cities in NE Nigeria after you can proceed to Benghazi, Syria and then Darfur before thinking of Berlin

6 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by tomiwaaa(m): 10:05am On May 08, 2020
GreatMage:

You wanna know somethings about kleve?
Okay...
Kleve is a village, it's a dry place with little or no job opportunity unlike Kamp-Lintfort, it's partner campus.
There you have it grin

simple and apt answer.
instead of all the unnecessary yarn about putting questions on one thread or another.
thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (95)

Tell Us About The City Where You Live / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.