Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Being Black In Berlin/germany - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Being Black In Berlin/germany (159222 Views)

Nigerian Man Stranded & Acting Unwell In Berlin. Do You Know Him? / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (95) (Go Down)

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 09, 2020

14 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 09, 2020
A hotel on the river

15 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 09, 2020
My favorite place to hang out

14 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 09, 2020
Mercedes Benz Arena

16 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 09, 2020
The company I work for. Zalando

20 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 09, 2020
Thanks for your time smiley

12 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 09, 2020
On Monday we shall continue with more information about life in Berlin/Germany. Take care and have a great weekend.

27 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by post111(m): 11:42pm On May 09, 2020
Glad to know that you are back op.. I really enjoy this thread. Keep it up.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Brightfab(m): 12:17am On May 10, 2020
Continue with the great work you re doing here, really good to have you back.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 1:02am On May 10, 2020
I'm so glad you are back Daniel..... � � � �

Please just as you do ignore d derailler, continue doing so

@justwise please do well to help moderate this thread well this tym around....

May dem not pour sand to our Garri
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by bamdexfarms(m): 2:07am On May 10, 2020
damtan:
Op, thanks for this thread.
Can you please shed more insight about Bonn and Aachen?

I gained admission into both cities and want to choose the best in terms of job availability, safety and overall opportunities.

Bonn is way better for you.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by bamdexfarms(m): 2:51am On May 10, 2020
janettee:

School them grin.

I also stay away from such people, I can't pretend it doesn't exist I can't just!.

And I hate when people think speaking the language will automatically redeem you from racism, like there are foreigners who speak perfct german but still experience racism, myself included.

There are even black or mixed children that are born and bred in Germany, speaks German at mother tongue level and still gets discriminated!

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by UrFears: 5:22am On May 10, 2020
Danielhouston:
On Monday we shall continue with more information about life in Berlin/Germany. Take care and have a great weekend.
thanks for coming back cheesy
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by jizzyjordan: 9:27am On May 10, 2020
welcome back op abeg ignore any unnecessary comments. we waiting for more updates thanks
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by insightful01(m): 10:21am On May 10, 2020
Danielhouston:
Thanks for your time smiley

Good you are back op. smiley

But this advert makes me shocked . "Who the F**k need fish"...

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by TrajansKong: 12:32pm On May 10, 2020
insightful01:

Good you are back op. smiley

But this advert makes me shocked . Who the F**k need fish...
Vegetarian and vegan eating is HUGE in Berlin.

Makes a nice change now and again. cool
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by SleekyP(m): 1:38pm On May 10, 2020
Danielhouston:
cool
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Davidson5(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2020
Thrilling, am really enjoying this thread. Thumbs up to Mr DanielHouston
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by damtan(m): 2:12pm On May 10, 2020
bamdexfarms:

Bonn is way better for you.
Thanks bro. Definitely going for Bonn
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by boommer: 2:48pm On May 10, 2020
Hello all.. I'm new to Germany travel pls I'll like someone to help me around.
Im a web developer by profession, What do I need to do to travel to Germany aside from being a student?
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Savagethe21st(m): 4:03pm On May 10, 2020
Danielhouston:
Daniel just a question. How dou see their language like was it difficult to read nd comprehend or is it pronounced like English and easy to understand
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Firefox01: 5:41pm On May 10, 2020
Savagethe21st:
Daniel just a question. How dou see their language like was it difficult to read nd comprehend or is it pronounced like English and easy to understand
Lol. German is difficult.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by janettee(f): 6:12pm On May 10, 2020
Firefox01:
Lol. German is difficult.

It isn't if you invest time in learning it.

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by heniford2: 7:05pm On May 10, 2020
janettee:

It isn't if you invest time in learning it.
please like how much should i keep in hand if i want to start applying for German stuff
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Prymestrr(m): 7:07pm On May 10, 2020
Danielhouston:
Other black people in Germany pls feel free to contribute to the post. Regardless of whether the questions are directed at me, feel free to answer. We need all the knowledge.
Bro what can you tell us about city of Kiev?
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Chuchu27: 8:52pm On May 10, 2020
Odingo1:

I have lived in Germany now for 6 years now,came for masters,finished and stayed, Germany is not home and not where a migrant should call a home. As a black man in Germany there is a chain they place on the leg already that even the children they born here in Germany cannot be able to achieve an enviable height due to the fact that the child will be pulled down before he or she reach a university level except if the child is extra ordinarily brilliant.

Then I have built a duplex in my village and trying another one for renting. I live in a shared apartment to achieve all this. Germany or Abroad is not anyone home. Even if you have resident permit or citizenship in Germany or any Europe, one day you will be remainded that you are a foreigner just as they did to Ozil the footballer.Ozil have return back his citizenship and went back to turkey with his family. The reason why Nigerians and other Africans is holding tight in Germany despite been subjugated as nonentities is because Nigeria is a shithole country of no hope. So a Nigeria Lady will prefer to waste all her life in Germany as single mom collecting monthly stipend than to go home while the men counterpart will be rooming about looking for white lady to pregnant.

No matter how you try, as a black man you are not accepted in Germany. I am yet to see a black police man or woman in Germany.

So investing back home is good if you want to return home in the future while your children remain in Germany and be visiting home ones in a while. It is not good for a person to migrate and forget his root back home. To me as an Igbo man it is a taboo and sacrilege for one to dumb his root and continue his generation in a foreign land. Which mean after the father and mother die the children will continue to live in that country like black Americans in America.That is an abomination of highest order.

Taboo and sacrilege? This is actually very horrible mind set. If those are your exact reasons for not fully integrating or settling into a foreign country then that’s very unfortunate and you are limiting your self greatly. Immigration is as old as man is , your forefathers that make up the Igbo tribe most likely migrated to what is considered Igbo land today and settled there , and the same goes for many ethnicities and races . It’s ok to want to settle back in Nigeria for the purely sentimental reasons you have given , but is it the wisest though? Why would one spend so much to be established ones self only to come back to Nigeria to fall victim to its system? Incidences of returnees being kidnapped and specifically targeted are on the rise and this is inevitable considering how desperate things have become in Nigeria . There is nothing taboo, or sacrilegious in properly integrating and settling in a foreign country especially one like the likes of Germany et al, more Nigerians should do this . It is ultimately why Nigeria immigrants are hardly welcomed anywhere these days , because for many of us , our intention is to use the country’s resources for our own selfish gain , funnel it back to and/or return to Nigeria when we are done.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by willsonzzy: 10:30pm On May 10, 2020
Nice trend op, please how can someone without uni certs migrate to Germany to hustle
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 11, 2020
We’re back!!!

Get some popcorn, take a seat, get your questions ready, charge your phones and let’s get into these stories.

I’m happy to see new comments from other black people in Germany. I’d like you guys to get more involved and let’s share some information on this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by seankafor(m): 2:04pm On May 11, 2020
Danielhouston:
We’re back!!!

Get some popcorn, take a seat, get your questions ready, charge your phones and let’s get into these stories.

I’m happy to see new comments from other black people in Germany. I’d like you guys to get more involved and let’s share some information on this thread.
let me grab my popcorn cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 11, 2020
Savagethe21st:

The answer to this is subjective. Some people find it easy and some find it difficult. I personally struggled and still struggle with it. You can be the best in your German language class but when you get to the streets, you’ll realize that you’re still learning.

What they teach you in language school is sometimes different from conversational German on the street. In the sense that, you don’t need all the big words you learned in school. The average Turkish guy or the bartender wont be speaking grammar. Even your colleagues at work won’t speak correctly all the time. I’d say the best is to learn street German and spice it up with language school German for correct grammar. You can definitely get by with some incorrect words and bad pronunciations.

Germans are not very sensitive about their language like the French people are. If you don’t get it correctly, they’ll respond anyway or switch to English. They’re patient to help you understand. Except you come across a rude person.

11 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by lionlee216(m): 2:32pm On May 11, 2020
Following

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (95)

Tell Us About The City Where You Live / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.