Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks (58702 Views)

Nigerians Vent Their Anger On CBN, Bankers / CBN Bankers Committee Suspends Lay Offs In Banks / Bankers Committee Introduces Two Classes Of BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by IboHausaYoruba: 6:52pm On May 03, 2020
Good, in this trying time; nobody deserves to be laid off. Recall all the already sacked Access bank staff members with immediate alacrity.

3 Likes

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Rich4god(m): 6:53pm On May 03, 2020
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Angelfrost(m): 6:53pm On May 03, 2020
Nice and commendable move....

Please, sanction those idiots called Access Bank...

After showing off by donating billions to a corrupt government, you quickly jumped into dishing out retrenchment letters. Nonsense!!!

3 Likes

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by jayinfo2(m): 6:53pm On May 03, 2020
What will happen to already laid off Access Bank Staffs.
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by PHIPEX(m): 6:54pm On May 03, 2020
SLAP44:
I need explanation, are the CBN and bankers committee now doing the work of managing the bank which I thought were business establishments capable of making and enforcing their own decisions as they deem fit in order to remain in business.

Why then are the CBN interfering with the decision, if these banks experience distress because of the insistence the regulatory bodies, who will bear the consequences?
It's part of their regulatory functions. Even before now no bank can open or close a branch without CBN's approval.

This is a good news by the way.

3 Likes

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by xaggar(m): 6:55pm On May 03, 2020
Tpave:
Wow. This is a good way to go. Let's see how banks will abide by these rules first.

That man signature no be here ooo grin grin

I love signatures that long and serious.

It tells that the author is highly placed and responsible.

2 Likes

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Hezmatosky: 6:55pm On May 03, 2020
Person wey get sence make he kuku comot for bank work now now
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Firstlady101(f): 6:55pm On May 03, 2020
Good news ooo.
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Jabioro: 6:56pm On May 03, 2020
The banker committee and CBN should also do something about the present access bank situation staff retrenchment.Access bank should be ban from arquired any other distressed financial institution,she doesn't really have the fund all na paper work..
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Galacious1: 6:57pm On May 03, 2020
Sounds audio till I get a mail of recall
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by damola1: 6:57pm On May 03, 2020
They use our tax money to bail them out last time they f up.

SLAP44:
I need explanation, are the CBN and bankers committee now doing the work of managing the bank which I thought were business establishments capable of making and enforcing their own decisions as they deem fit in order to remain in business.

Why then are the CBN interfering with the decision, if these banks experience distress because of the insistence the regulatory bodies, who will bear the consequences?
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by sexylassie2(f): 6:57pm On May 03, 2020
This is nonsense

that means CBN will be bailing banks out for not sacking staffs.

So where will they get the bailout money from?

from tax payers.

2 Likes

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by martineverest(m): 6:57pm On May 03, 2020
Queenmark:
They did not bring solution. If banks are not making income how will they pay salaries?
CBN might let investors acquire access bank
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by GamalNasser: 6:57pm On May 03, 2020
If the govt is no going to provide Bailout then this is nonsense as it could lead to even more job losses when the entire bank collapses
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by MyOpinion1(f): 6:57pm On May 03, 2020
Customers should expect ridiculous charges from their account from this period
CBN does not give free money to commercial banks and if they do it comes from somewhere
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by martineverest(m): 6:58pm On May 03, 2020
Angelfrost:
Nice and commendable move....

Please, sanction those idiots called Access Bank...

After showing off by donating billions to a corrupt government, you quickly jumped into dishing out retrenchment letters. Nonsense!!!
same useless bank that acquired diamond bank and international bank
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by evansjeff(m): 6:58pm On May 03, 2020
SLAP44:

What is your joy in people losing their jobs? Is it because you’re jobless so you want everybody to be like you?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by CodeTemplar: 6:58pm On May 03, 2020
We like directives in Naija
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by jericco1(m): 6:58pm On May 03, 2020
After Access BANK don lay off thousands how convenient undecided
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by afecgivers: 6:58pm On May 03, 2020
naptu2:

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/Out/2020/CCD/CBN%20Bankers%20Comm%20Suspend%20Layoffs.pdf

CBN will soon return the billion they donated to federal government in 10 folds. Congrats to the staffs
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Jiire246: 6:59pm On May 03, 2020
HarunaWest:

If CBN should order the banks not to lay off, that means there is an incentive involved..It's scratch my back I scratch yours. What I see most banks doing is to pray percentage salary.
better than laying off please. Job no dey
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by treatise: 6:59pm On May 03, 2020
SLAP44:

Indiscriminate deforestation is bad for any society but selective exploration of forests is good for societies ; relate the above to your submission.

1 Like

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by MyOpinion1(f): 6:59pm On May 03, 2020
sexylassie2:
This is nonsense

that means CBN will be bailing banks out for not sacking staff

And where would the money comes from if not from their ridiculous charges they will impose on bank account holders henceforth

1 Like

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by thegloor: 7:00pm On May 03, 2020
SLAP44:

Seems you are new in Nigeria
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by sexylassie2(f): 7:00pm On May 03, 2020
evansjeff:

What is your joy in people losing their jobs? Is it because you’re jobless so you want everybody to be like you?

There is no joy but every business must either cut cost in a downturn or close shop leading to another mass sacking

2 Likes

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by sexylassie2(f): 7:01pm On May 03, 2020
MyOpinion1:

And where would the money comes from if not from their ridiculous charges they will impose on bank account holders henceforth

exactly, so the bailout will be from taxpayers and account holders, they will be overcharging us for ridiculous services.

i wonder how they think in this country

1 Like

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 03, 2020
Tpave:
Wow. This is a good way to go. Let's see how banks will abide by these rules first.

That man signature no be here ooo grin grin

grin

You have eagle eye. Lol

I went back to see the Signature. No be here true true.

It would take James Bond to forge it. grin
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by osusuallstars: 7:02pm On May 03, 2020
Nnamdi KANU is live now on FM , Facebook, Skype and IMO .
Get hooked and learn
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Jamesbally: 7:03pm On May 03, 2020
Buhari is working

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by rOsy247(f): 7:03pm On May 03, 2020
Nice one
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Ladycewhy(f): 7:03pm On May 03, 2020
Postponing dooms day embarassed
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by sexiestharam(f): 7:03pm On May 03, 2020
Contract staff are not direct staff of the bank. They would sack contract staff.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hauwa Indimi To Wed Muhammad Yar'adua (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Can't Send Dollars To Nigeria Any More / Paddy Adenuga: 'I Cannot Date A Lady That Wears Wig, I Have Standards'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.