Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,495 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks (58740 Views)

Nigerians Vent Their Anger On CBN, Bankers / CBN Bankers Committee Suspends Lay Offs In Banks / Bankers Committee Introduces Two Classes Of BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by stagger: 7:04pm On May 03, 2020
Zico5:
The only option here is that salary will be cut down and to me, it's still a good way to go. Half bread is better than none.

What stops the CBN from granting the banks funding to keep doing what they do and ensure nobody gets laid off?
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by SweetCunt97(f): 7:04pm On May 03, 2020
Happy for bankers. Una for hear whimmmm if not for this intervention
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Mpanyi: 7:04pm On May 03, 2020
Corporate2020:

Go back to the streets and continue your Agbero work.

You made me laugh and roll on the floor. You are savagiously savagious

3 Likes

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 03, 2020
That's good! But hope it's not Audio!
In Nigeria anything goes
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by MEGA4BILLION(m): 7:04pm On May 03, 2020
Will CBN help affected banks pay their workers salary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Nekky5(f): 7:04pm On May 03, 2020
Wow!!! that's good news
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Iykolysis: 7:05pm On May 03, 2020
naptu2:

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/Out/2020/CCD/CBN%20Bankers%20Comm%20Suspend%20Layoffs.pdf

Goodnews especially to our Access/Diamond bank friend
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by sylve11: 7:05pm On May 03, 2020
Yenefer:
What do u mean by hmmmm? majority of bankers are your people better type something good

Wetin this one type here? grin cool
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by manontree: 7:05pm On May 03, 2020
naptu2:
Note: The Banker's Committee is made up of the chief executives of all banks in Nigeria along with the directors of the CBN. This means that the CEOs of banks in Nigeria have agreed to this policy. They've most likely have already gotten something out of it.

Good clarification boss
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Lexusgs430: 7:05pm On May 03, 2020
Would CBN pay wages or offer financial assistance to distressed organisations?

Or they would just keep issuing press release memo and not putting their money, where their mouth is?

1 Like

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by SweetCunt97(f): 7:05pm On May 03, 2020
stagger:

What stops the CBN from granting the banks funding to keep doing what they do and ensure nobody gets laid off?
Does cbn look like a charity organization? Less money is going into these banks because of d lockdown u know

3 Likes

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Spectrum22: 7:05pm On May 03, 2020
Nigeria's brand of free market economy is confusing to say the least.
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by yinkus6750(m): 7:05pm On May 03, 2020
So, it's difficult for CBN to come up with policies to assist and support the banks towards booming the economy in the very challenging moments we about to witness?
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Canada2021: 7:06pm On May 03, 2020
naptu2:

Question, what is the bankers committee?
The Bankers committee is made up of all the Managing Directors of all the commercial banks and a representative from CBN
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by TemmyDayo50(m): 7:06pm On May 03, 2020
SLAP44:
I need explanation, are the CBN and bankers committee now doing the work of managing the bank which I thought were business establishments capable of making and enforcing their own decisions as they deem fit in order to remain in business.

Why then are the CBN interfering with the decision, if these banks experience distress because of the insistence the regulatory bodies, who will bear the consequences?

But you guys will still be the ones complaining that Access bank wants to lay off some of its workers and at the same time still blame a governing body that has interest of these workers at heart..... Haha, wetin una want gan gan?

2 Likes

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by nuesmann(m): 7:06pm On May 03, 2020
[quote author=SLAP44 post=89148575]I need explanation, are the CBN and bankers committee now doing the work of managing the bank which I thought were business establishments capable of making and enforcing their own decisions as they deem fit in order to remain in business.

Why then are the CBN interfering with the decision, if these banks experience distress because of the insistence the regulatory bodies, who will bear the consequences?

I don't want to call you an idiot,but what is their work as a regulator?
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by obibob2020(m): 7:06pm On May 03, 2020
Tpave:
Wow. This is a good way to go. Let's see how banks will abide by these rules first.

That man signature no be here ooo grin grin
That's how to identify stingy people that do not want their children to steal from their Bank account in peace
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by seunoj: 7:06pm On May 03, 2020
SLAP44:
I need explanation, are the CBN and bankers committee now doing the work of managing the bank which I thought were business establishments capable of making and enforcing their own decisions as they deem fit in order to remain in business.

The first thing is to understand the composition of bankers committee - it's an umbrella body wch includes high ranking CBN officials and managing directors of banks.
That where majority of the Industry policy decisions are discussed and agreed for implementation.
The direction of the release is clear. Don't lay off, if it's is absolutely necessary, get CBN approval. Before CBN approves, you will have to justify including Ur plans for the layoff staff.
If this is not done, others banks will follow access bank pattern n create confusion n panic in the Industry which is not good for the economy at this time.

1 Like

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by jumper524(m): 7:06pm On May 03, 2020
SLAP44:

CBN is the Apex regulatory body to all financial institutions.
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 03, 2020
Yuceeluv:
This is good news. This must come with added pressure on the marketing staff of the banks.
every one would have targets now
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by egojeny1(f): 7:09pm On May 03, 2020
I am highly disappointed with Access Bank. This is the kind of thing they will come first in.
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by ehardetola(m): 7:09pm On May 03, 2020
naptu2:

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/Out/2020/CCD/CBN%20Bankers%20Comm%20Suspend%20Layoffs.pdf

The news dey sweet my belle
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Onyeloni: 7:10pm On May 03, 2020
What about other sector?
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 03, 2020
stagger:

The CBN might have already struck a deal with the bankers committee for them to come out with this statement
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by jaxxy(m): 7:13pm On May 03, 2020
Herbert showed how heartless he can be. Welldone Cbn.

1 Like

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Queenmark: 7:13pm On May 03, 2020
martineverest:
CBN might let investors acquire access bank

After they acquire what next?.
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by donvicky2007: 7:14pm On May 03, 2020
SLAP44:

How can a bank that donate one Billion Naira to FG as covid-19 palliative be in distress?

Some bank's managements are just wicked, after donating a billion naira, they turned around to sack their staff, why can't they use the donated money to pay their staff.

2 Likes

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 03, 2020
SLAP44:

m..every industry has a regulatory body
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Dannjay(m): 7:15pm On May 03, 2020
Yenefer:
Wow that's Good

1) Nigerians are happy
Emeka Iluchukwu, visual artist:

Media caption"People are so ecstatic. An average Nigerian is a lively person, always smiling in the midst of all the troubles"
Okocha Jude, businessman:

Media caption"We are happy people, no matter what we are facing"
2) Nigeria is a land of opportunities
Vanessa Iloenyosi, brand executive:

Media caption"If you know the right people it’s really easy to make things happen for yourself"
Abayomi Usim, TV producer:

"For us there’s no recession in Nigeria, no matter how bad things get we’re still going in leaps and bounds"

3) Nigerians are resilient
Alesta Wilcox, chartered accountant:

Media caption"People are resilient in eking out a living - the never die spirit of the Nigerian is the one thing that makes Nigeria great"
Paul Oseh, graphic designer:

"The greatest thing I think about we Nigerians is that we are wonderful people. We are so resourceful despite challenges that comes our way and the political tussle for power. In one nutshell Nigeria is a wonderful place, we're creative and imaginative"

4) Nigerians are problem-solvers
Damian Nzeka, teacher:

"It's not really a peaceful country but we bless the name of God because we're still here today. When we are positive with our minds we work something good out. We want things to go well for us, we can't run away from our home; this is our land we have to make it work"
Donatus Ezeji, IT

"We are special because if you look at Nigeria - each time we have problem, we usually solve it at the last minute - we have been avoiding crisis. When we get to that point, we always sort it out - instead of going to war or something like that"
5) Nigeria is diverse
Iluore Loueth, fashion designer:

"You get to feel different things in different locations... you’re changing culturally in the dressing and the food and everything"
6) Nigerians are hard workers
Orji Micah, builder:

"The Nigerian people are industrious, they work hard, they're not lazy - and they can endure whatsoever hardship, they can survive it any place"
Damula Daramola, banker:

"As Nigerians we’re actually very, very enterprising"
7) Nigeria has great weather
Moses Onyibe, mobile phone trader:

"The weather of the country is better compared to other countries and we have the biggest river - the River Niger - in West Africa region - so I enjoy my country basically because of the environment - it's very conducive"
Chinedu Ugochukwu, businessman:

"The weather is beautiful all year round and this is just the beginning of good things to come... the people are friendly, very welcoming. You can't beat it, it's a lovely dynamic country, every day new things are coming up, new ideas, [and Lagos] it's a city that never sleeps"

cool Nigeria has freedom of speech
Akpofure Tony Tegar, hotelier:

Media caption"Democracy it's one of the best things about Nigeria... freedom to do anything you like"
Stanley Osiaku, trader:

"You are free to talk to anybody - no matter how big or small the person is. We have freedom of speech to have a dialogue with somebody. Or if somebody offends you, you are free to say it out"
9) Nigerians have a great sense of humour
Chukwuma Nwana, beauty salon general manager:

"Everything turns into a joke in Nigeria - there’s always something funny at the end of the day"

10) Nigeria is hospitable
Sarah Okagbue, trainer:

Media caption"The most hospitable people in the world; extremely kind, loving, tolerant, patient"
Uche Nzeka, broadcaster:

"There is nowhere in Nigeria that you will go that you will not be given a place"
Join the debate on Twitter using the hashtag #NaijaIsGr8 to @BBCAfrica and on the BBC Africa Facebook page.

Are you normal?
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 03, 2020
naptu2:

Question, what is the bankers committee?
..a regulatory body
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by wallisdon: 7:16pm On May 03, 2020
Story.sacking is inevitable.When you set up a business and you are not making profits,you downsize and adjust .
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by naptu2: 7:17pm On May 03, 2020
moralistic:
..a regulatory body

naptu2:
Note: The Banker's Committee is made up of the chief executives of all banks in Nigeria along with the directors of the CBN. This means that the CEOs of banks in Nigeria have agreed to this policy. They've most likely already gotten something out of it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hauwa Indimi To Wed Muhammad Yar'adua (Pre-Wedding Photos) / I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? / Chidi Adimabuah: Get Free Business Promotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.