Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks (58749 Views)

Nigerians Vent Their Anger On CBN, Bankers / CBN Bankers Committee Suspends Lay Offs In Banks / Bankers Committee Introduces Two Classes Of BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by damosade(m): 6:48am On May 04, 2020
I could remember last year when I was laid off by first bank,the sane period Uba did their own, there was a circular from CBN to stop laying off staff without getting approval for such from CBN.
All these audio suspension will not work.
Banks manco are Shylock.
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Chlerion: 6:49am On May 04, 2020
Medicine after injury

Those sacked by Access Bank are gone for good already. Many heads will still roll among other banks but they would just wait for the appropriate time to strike. Meanwhile, they would start with no salary/half salaries for some cadres before eventual disengagement.
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Chlerion: 7:10am On May 04, 2020
friday2011:

No mind CBN/Bankers committee, they are doing this press release just to douse the tention and the backlash access bank is getting at the moment,
However, CBN does not have any right/power to dictate the number of employees at any time in a bank...

Lets wait and see how things unfold.
Exactly! you are absolutely right. It's just to douse the tension. Those sacked are gone for good already and many will still go.

1 Like

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Nobody: 9:00am On May 04, 2020
sexylassie2:

give suggestions how to cut that is what i need from you not praising the cbn governor and MOF
Hahaha you want to upgrade Mrs Aishah Ahmad to Minister of finance,biko she is the CBN deputy governor.Cutting cost is not what we need now,but generating wealth.All the money that CBN used to deduct from this bank for failing to give credit to the real sector is enough to solve their problems...What the need to do is to give Nigerian credit in pocket friendly terms especially Nigerian manufacturing and exporting globally who are also repatrating FX back to the country.
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by sexylassie2(f): 10:06am On May 04, 2020
uruba23:

Hahaha you want to upgrade Mrs Aishah Ahmad to Minister of finance,biko she is the CBN deputy governor.Cutting cost is not what we need now,but generating wealth.All the money that CBN used to deduct from this bank for failing to give credit to the real sector is enough to solve their problems...What the need to do is to give Nigerian credit in pocket friendly terms especially Nigerian manufacturing and exporting globally who are also repatrating FX back to the country.

you think so, if the money is enough, why was vat increased?

Why is Nigeria still broke?

so you think CBN fines on commercial banks can help develop the manufacturing sector
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Ekypraise: 10:15am On May 04, 2020
Is it not naija again. Last time they said no more NEPA bill for two months yet we were billed n when we went to pay, the cashier said they only heard the news o, n nothing else. Others were paying so we had to pay. Let's see how this will be enforced, starting with access bank staffs.
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Nobody: 10:42am On May 04, 2020
sexylassie2:

you think so, if the money is enough, why was vat increased?

Why is Nigeria still broke
so you think CBN fines on commercial banks can help develop the manufacturing sector
First you need to know that currency is current and it only flows towards value.If people get sack people start to reduce value creation.Nigeria is not broke just mentally lazy,we have a big opportunity to come out strong and dominate the Africa market by developing the manufacturing,agriculture,technology,creative and innovative industry..CBN fines on the bank is to avoid this kind of Herbert Wigwe exposure to one industry like the oil industry.
We just need to seat up,for God sake what is Kanye West selling that he is worth 1billion dollars.Do you know how many Kanye is seating in Lagos as rough diamond or how many Fendi lay waste in Kano.Biko we should sharpen up.
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Rhema03(m): 10:45am On May 04, 2020
Bros you go school �
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Rhema03(m): 10:48am On May 04, 2020
Bros you go school jare �
SLAP44:
I need explanation, are the CBN and bankers committee now doing the work of managing the bank which I thought were business establishments capable of making and enforcing their own decisions as they deem fit in order to remain in business.

Why then are the CBN interfering with the decision, if these banks experience distress because of the insistence the regulatory bodies, who will bear the consequences?

1 Like

Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by sexylassie2(f): 10:50am On May 04, 2020
uruba23:

First you need to know that currency is current and it only flows towards value.If people get sack people start to reduce value creation.Nigeria is not broke just mentally lazy,we have a big opportunity to come out strong and dominate the Africa market by developing the manufacturing,agriculture,technology,creative and innovative industry..CBN fines on the bank is to avoid this kind of Herbert Wigwe exposure to one industry like the oil industry.
We just need to seat up,for God sake what is Kanye West selling that he is worth 1billion dollars.Do you know how many Kanye is seating in Lagos as rough diamond or how many Fendi lay waste in Kano.Biko we should sharpen up.

i agree with some of your points but the highlighted NO, i believe you get real value from efficiency not by employing large labour force.
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by sunmarouk(m): 10:54am On May 04, 2020
SLAP44:
I need explanation, are the CBN and bankers committee now doing the work of managing the bank which I thought were business establishments capable of making and enforcing their own decisions as they deem fit in order to remain in business.

Why then are the CBN interfering with the decision, if these banks experience distress because of the insistence the regulatory bodies, who will bear the consequences?

� is like you are a novice in banking issues. if CBN can sack the suppose bank owner/MD/CEO, laying of staff is a small issue. CBN always bail out bank that runs into distress. NDIC is also created to safeguard our monies in these banks. so, stay well
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Nobody: 10:58am On May 04, 2020
sexylassie2:

i agree with some of your points but the highlighted NO, i believe you get real value from efficiency not by employing large labour force.
Well if we really want real value for ourself we should employ artificial intelligent and apply robotic in our industries,bank and farm.As an entrepeneur you make all the money but in reality how many clothes do you wear ?probably few,how many shoes,how many cars?So it mean instead of the car dealer to sell a million cars in a year he ends up selling 10,000 and it is even worst when more people stay idle at home,because there would be more dependant calling your line saying "aunty i need kudi o",more worst is the increase in crime.
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Greatzeus(m): 11:03am On May 04, 2020
SLAP44:

Why are you pained? You would rather innocent Nigerians lose their jobs so that you can blame the government as usual? By any means blame the government but let Nigerians keep their job abeg.
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by tammie24: 11:56am On May 04, 2020
Is this committee going to help the banks in distrss pay salaries
Re: CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 12, 2020
Dropped. Where will you absorb them ?

Investnow2017:

If a branch is shut for instance what happens to the staff in the affected branch? Re-absorbed or dropped?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hauwa Indimi To Wed Muhammad Yar'adua (Pre-Wedding Photos) / I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? / Paddy Adenuga: 'I Cannot Date A Lady That Wears Wig, I Have Standards'

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.