Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,936 members, 7,814,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Time To Divorce My Wife? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Time To Divorce My Wife? (93027 Views)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Divorce: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Too Much Sex, Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Softmiz(f): 5:08pm On May 05, 2020
kodix:
Sorry my dear but honestly you have to over look some many things to make your marriage work,there is no perfect person you don't even know whom you will get next, don't attach so much important in so many small thing(e.g just know she is not a birthday person,not carrying grudges that she don't use to rem it),always forgive, don't act quarellsomely for e.g not accepting her gift BC ur birthday escape her mind,why will you even reject her gift expecting her to beg u b4 collecting it,Are you God! You're even the cause of some of your problems with her,learn how to appreciate and complain less,ignore so many things no body is perfect.all the best.

Wehrey, see talk, some nairalanders are worst than the case study..

2 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by kizyalex10(m): 5:08pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

Please no ethnic banters. One of us is from Ekiti, and the other is from Benue. I am married for 8 years with 2 kids. It has been one problem to another.

I must be very frank, before marriage, my wife had many very questionable characters, but unfortunately we did the marriage counseling in a church were the pastor happened to be her family member. Many of the issues would have been resolved, but when I raised those issues about her character the pastor promised me that everything will be fine after the marriage.
Although this is not an excuse, but looking back now I would have been more patient and taken my decision myself instead of rushing into the marriage. For this I HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE

There is hardly nothing we do not quarrel about, I have always been the one to initiate settlement. The only way I ensure that there is peace in the house is for me not to complain about anything. Even at that, there is always trouble. If the children do anything wrong, she always says those characters the children are exhibiting are not from her and that she is not surprised that they inherited such characters from me.

She can go for months without talking to me, even if I tried to, I have done all I could do, I have begged, cried prayed. I just feel tired and exhausted from trying to make the marriage work or have peace in the home, the sad part is that she often reminds me every time there is misunderstanding that I should remember that she can stay on her own without talking to any body. Just to add, she is very prayerful.

OTHER INFORMATION.
1. I can say conveniently that there is no money problem at home. Finance is okay.
2. I went to see her father 2 years ago, the man said unfortunately he can not do anything. This is true because she was raised away from her Father, she has no contact with any of her fathers family and her father has a zero say in her life.
3. she has 5 elders ones, non of them is in communication with her because of many unresolved issues. Of her 3 younger ones she only maintains a relationship with the last boy who is just 14 years. .
4. Her mum can not talk to her because she simply dares not. However, behind, her mother use to beg me and she kept saying she understands her daughter's character and that she is doing her best by praying and doing deliverance for her.
5. She is not in contact with her maternal uncles and aunt because she said they supported her elder ones when she had problem with them.

So I am stuck with no one to help call the both of us and resolve the issue.

Every year for 5 straight years, she always forgets my birthday, last year, she forgot also, three days later, she bought me a present and I refused to collect the present and I asked her why does she keep forgetting my birthday, year after year for 5 years. She just said sorry, but I left the present in the room, she never bothered to bring the present to me. Another birthday was gone yesterday 2nd May, and as I write, no happy birthday yet.

I literally cook for myself, and all domestic things I do for myself.

I will end this by saying that in fairness to her, her character was not too different before the marriage and courtship, sincerely only once, that was like one year before the marriage I broke up with her, she came to apologize and promised that she will change. Her mother also came to apologize to me also.

This woman has refused to change or allow peace to hold sway, she is right every time, while everybody around is wrong. Sincerely, I do not know what to do anymore.

I am tired and exhausted. I do not know what to do anymore. I am 42, I was diagnosed of high blood pressure 2 years ago.
bro sorry you re the cause of the problem.our marriage ciunsellor told our wives during classes that they re the one who will make d marriage work.that a man can simply discard her and marry again while she wont find any other to marry cos singles re nt done marrying nt to talk of single mom or divorcees.stamp ur aurhority in that marriage.shake her .is even good u shake her so she wont have any one to run to as she is enemy to everyone. Dont die of HIGH BPplease cos she will nt even mourn u for 3 months

4 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by instinct57vm(m): 5:08pm On May 05, 2020
My advise might sound weird but don’t divorce yet. Just get yourself a side babe whom you can always find happiness. Then play along in ur marriage by putting all stops to all her complaints. I mean just do your thing and avoid having argument with her. Infact only talk to her when necessary. The side chick is to help maintain your sanity and distract yourself from the marriage a bit while you carry out all these acts. Come back and tell us AFTER three months the result of your new way of relating with her.
If there are no changes. Please file for divorce immediately!

4 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 05, 2020
If this your narrative does not qualify as TOXIC Marriage, I wonder what else will qualify as such,. Is quiet unfortunate you are in such a fix, for the sake of your children, for the sake of your peace and quality marriage, I for the sake of the devil incanate in the name of your wife, find an amicable way and separate from her, you deserve better, your children deserve a healthy family and your wife deserve to be left alone to live her life as she wants,if she wants to alienate the while world and enjoys such good for her but let her not drag you, your children and others with her. I wish you luck.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by mankind9(m): 5:09pm On May 05, 2020
Disclaimer: Before getting married, learn how to tolerate each other, what you would not accept in marriage don't allow it and start cautioning it from courtship. Anybody that complains about something something in marriage must be a f**l because before marriage you should have taken time to know each other better.
There are some basic things that causes rift in a marriage which could be addressed while dating. Cry cry after wedding is not going to work. One will have to deal with whatever he/she is passing through in marriage..

2 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Amaefuleteddy: 5:09pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

Please no ethnic banters. One of us is from Ekiti, and the other is from Benue. I am married for 8 years with 2 kids. It has been one problem to another.

I must be very frank, before marriage, my wife had many very questionable characters, but unfortunately we did the marriage counseling in a church were the pastor happened to be her family member. Many of the issues would have been resolved, but when I raised those issues about her character the pastor promised me that everything will be fine after the marriage.
Although this is not an excuse, but looking back now I would have been more patient and taken my decision myself instead of rushing into the marriage. For this I HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE

There is hardly nothing we do not quarrel about, I have always been the one to initiate settlement. The only way I ensure that there is peace in the house is for me not to complain about anything. Even at that, there is always trouble. If the children do anything wrong, she always says those characters the children are exhibiting are not from her and that she is not surprised that they inherited such characters from me.

She can go for months without talking to me, even if I tried to, I have done all I could do, I have begged, cried prayed. I just feel tired and exhausted from trying to make the marriage work or have peace in the home, the sad part is that she often reminds me every time there is misunderstanding that I should remember that she can stay on her own without talking to any body. Just to add, she is very prayerful.

OTHER INFORMATION.
1. I can say conveniently that there is no money problem at home. Finance is okay.
2. I went to see her father 2 years ago, the man said unfortunately he can not do anything. This is true because she was raised away from her Father, she has no contact with any of her fathers family and her father has a zero say in her life.
3. she has 5 elders ones, non of them is in communication with her because of many unresolved issues. Of her 3 younger ones she only maintains a relationship with the last boy who is just 14 years. .
4. Her mum can not talk to her because she simply dares not. However, behind, her mother use to beg me and she kept saying she understands her daughter's character and that she is doing her best by praying and doing deliverance for her.
5. She is not in contact with her maternal uncles and aunt because she said they supported her elder ones when she had problem with them.

Every year for 5 straight years, she always forgets my birthday, last year, she forgot also, three days later, she bought me a present and I refused to collect the present and I asked her why does she keep forgetting my birthday, year after year for 5 years. She just said sorry, but I left the present in the room, she never bothered to bring the present to me. Another birthday was gone yesterday 2nd May, and as I write, no happy birthday yet.

I will end this by saying that in fairness to her, her character was not too different before the marriage and courtship, sincerely only once, that was like one year before the marriage I broke up with her, she came to apologize and promised that she will change. Her mother also came to apologize to me also.

This woman has refused to change or allow peace to hold sway, she is right every time, while everybody around is wrong. Sincerely, I do not know what to do anymore.

I am tired and exhausted. I do not know what to do anymore. I am 42, I was diagnosed of high blood pressure 2 years ago.

Kick her out straight, unless you want to die young!
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Amanda4life: 5:09pm On May 05, 2020
Please my spirit said that I should tell you to tell her to write her.own version of the story to enable the reasonable ones here to give advice asap
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Ruicosta10(m): 5:10pm On May 05, 2020
My guy leave before you die. It's that simple. I'm talking from experience; Life is too short for sorrow.
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Macon1212: 5:10pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

Advise her to see a psychiatrist
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Baffupdrizz(m): 5:10pm On May 05, 2020
imanray37:
pls go back to school a woman with no respect for her family and father can't be submissive to any man do you copy?

Okay Mr. Educated,

You think this is about how exposed you are!
And that the lady is being disrespectful. Can't you read between then lines to know that there are two sides to this story?
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by zicoraads: 5:10pm On May 05, 2020
bukatyne:

You realize that the error is all yours for not choosing well.

For that, you are half way there.

You mentioned that you married in the Church: brother you know that except adultery and I will say abuse, you can't divorce your wife.

You have tried counseling, reporting her to family etc. etc. and it has not worked.

Now, I want you to try changing your reaction to her attitude. You have been married long enough to 'predict' her actions/inactions.

She forgot your birthday, fine. Celebrate yourself. Go out with the kids, go out with your friends etc.

She tries to keep malice, apologize and move on.

I know it is hard, it is abnormal even however you need to build a shield in your heart so that her attitude doesn't get to you anymore.

Don't beg or cajole her to 'change' or 'be better' or whatever: you are telling her that she has power over you.

Thank God finances are not a thing: treat your self, go on vacations, do the certifications or courses you wanted to. Channel your emotions into the things you have always wanted to do, pick up new hobbies, go to gym and workout youf frustrations etc.

And prayers work: if not for her to change, for you to be whole mentally and emotionally.

It is well.
So what then is the point of the marriage? undecided

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Sarah20A(f): 5:11pm On May 05, 2020
I hate emotional trauma embarassed sir do what makes you happy
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by delard1285: 5:11pm On May 05, 2020
From what you stated, God has opened your eyes to see some of the signals before you entered into the marriage but it seems as if the love was so much during the courtship. My advice to you is that put her heart to God in prayer for there no one God cannot change. The foundation has been destroyed already and I will not advice you that you should go for divorce. Be sincere to God in your prayers and thank me later.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by CAPSLOCKED: 5:11pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hmmmmm, I have done most things, for 8 years , I do not think she has apologized more than 3 times on any issue. Like I said I have prayed, and fasted. I have cried, and begged.

THIS IS THE MADNESS TO BE EXPERIENCED IF YOU LET YOUR MARRIAGE HANDLE YOU INSTEAD OF YOU HANDLING IT.

YOU HAVE HIGH BP. IF YOU DIE BECAUSE OF THIS WOMAN SHE'D LAVISH WHATEVER YOU LEAVE BEHIND ON THE DROPOUTS AND TOUTS THAT WILL BE THERE TO MAINTAIN THAT ZONE.
IF I WERE YOU I'D NEVER STRESS OVER AND LET MUMUNESS RUIN ME. SINCE YOU DON'T HAVE THE WILL TO ESTABLISH YOUR AUTHORITY OR CALL OFF THE MARRIAGE, MAKE YOUR MIND UP THAT YOU NO LONGER HAVE A WIFE. GO OUT OFTEN AND SOCIALIZE RESPONSIBLY. CONTINUE TO COOK FOR YOURSELF, OR SHOP OUTSIDE. PAY FOR LAUNDRY SERVICES IF YOU'RE NOT USED TO WASHING. SWEEP AND CLEAN WHERE YOU SLEEP AND SIT, AND PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR KIDS ALWAYS SO IT WON'T BE EASY FOR HER TO POISON THEIR MINDS BECAUSE THAT'LL BE HER NEXT MOVE. SMILE OFTEN AND NEVER EXPECT HER TO CHANGE ANYTHING BECAUSE IF FOR A DECADE SHE'S STILL THE SAME, THAT CHANGE WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN.

WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED A WOMAN FOR? YOUR CRYING AND BEGGING WHILE KNEELING MAKES YOUR WIFE MOIST, AND SHE'LL DO ANYTHING TO KEEP IT COMING. YOU BETTER DUST YOURSELF AND STOP MAKING YOUR FOREFATHERS HAVE REGRETS.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by ultimateprof: 5:11pm On May 05, 2020
I advice you to advise yourself.

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Sunmolar(m): 5:11pm On May 05, 2020
2. 'I went to see her father 2 years ago, the man said unfortunately he can not do anything. This is true because she was raised away from her Father, she has no contact with any of her fathers family and her father has a zero say in her life.'

what really attracted you to this lady is making her fall head over heels.

never allow a woman take away your dreams,visions,joy & peace in the name of marriage.

when a woman wants 10 carrots & you give her all ,she will demand for 1million carrot sooner or later.you can't satisfy her no matter what try & be more intelligent in dealing with her.dont always show her everything on your mind if you're still interested in keeping the marriage.

find time to play away doing your hubby, you will see clearly.

don't be soft again,be in control. remember you're the man.

I guess she's still giving you that thing in the middle?... you know her weak point,pls try smashing that thing with your joy stick like never before,like you don't just care.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by victme1(m): 5:11pm On May 05, 2020
I just wish you are a drunkard. Bukatyne has said much.

Now you need a change of attitude. You are not RESPECTED in your house. She has superiority over you. Though you did not speak on your sex life WC I want to believe is okay.

So change of attitude. Next vacation just disappear. Switch your phone or change your sim. Send money home especially for the kids. Or buy foodstuffs and what your kids needs and send them home.
Wn you resume home should be your last thought of going to after close of work. If you are a drinkard get home wee hours of the night. Sleep wake up bath and off to work.
Always leave the house in a hurry like something is chasing you.
If she claim she us a mean bitch then show her that you don't give a dam.

Bydway is she working?
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by zicoraads: 5:11pm On May 05, 2020
The two of you should seek an amicable separation.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Hoephase: 5:11pm On May 05, 2020
@op I am not sure if you will read this far but if you did you take this from me: "a barren land that is not aggressively treated with manure will never yield good harvest ".

I think somewhere in the course of your relationship before getting married you may have made her know that you can't live without her.

You may deny this but if you look closelybat your actions during your dating days you will understand what I am saying.

Over the years she has come to the understanding that if she holds on for a while you will shift your position and come begging. Oga you have sold your birth right.

My advice is simply you don't break your marriage because of this as long as she doesn't steal and she isn't cheating on you.

All you have to do to set her right is to make a bold statement. It is going to be tough but it will be a game of who blinks first.

Is either you trick her to her mothers place and go with a relative right there tell her or her father that they should have their daughter that you ain't interested anymore.

Or you rent another place and take your children and move and leave her in the old place.

She is sturborn in the first days she may not beg but Bros when days turn to week and weeks to months without you calling or even saying hi she will come to her senses.

The pysche of an average Nigerian lady is that there success depends on them holding down a marriage.

If you deny her that and let her peers and church members see that she has failed on that front. That embarrassment will humble her.

This is the time to take back control of your household or else you will suffer more when your kids are all grown and you have nothing to hold on to.

I like the fact that you are a peace loving person and want to be reasonable when dealing with her. But since she has proved that she is the type with the winner takes it all mentality it is time you put on the big boys pant.

Stop running to report her to her family it portrays you as being weak and need other people to help get her straight.

Give her the shock of her life and she will be the one sending people to come beg and talk to you.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by izubext007: 5:12pm On May 05, 2020
oga u be mumu after all this signs during courtship you still put head......secondly the pastor is are relative what do you expect from him? he talk on her favour if you don't know. because they want to push he out , for them to have peace and eventually freedom from heart attack. any way guess you the that's from benuel , I in you people very patient even tho I gh they are dying.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by luminouz(m): 5:12pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

Is the solution to ur problem not evident from your write up ni? What else will we strangers add to your wisdom that's new?

Fake story...as usual..
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Saintfrancis82(m): 5:12pm On May 05, 2020
Oga give her a break, yu are still young and brighter future for your children. Dnt kill urself to please a woman

You have tried enough to correct her but she is not care about u or any member of her own families.

So leave her for her pastor to continue with the marriage, give her space for life.

Continue with ur life and u will see Good wife one day..

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by williams85(m): 5:12pm On May 05, 2020
lighternote:
NARCISSISTIC WIFE shocked shocked
OP, SHE WILL NEVER CHANGE. MAKE A RUN, NOW!

Check out these links. Sounds familiar? undecided

https://blog.usejournal.com/i-was-married-to-a-narcissist-for-12-years-and-i-had-no-idea-3398b7b15c45

Check this video, explicit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKxtuFEcm7I

you just said it all. Baba your wife is a narcissist . She can never change... Save your head before it is too late!

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by BigIyanga: 5:12pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

Good luck! Your container arrived intact as ordered. You knew all her bad characters and non-relationship with her family and went ahead with marriage��‍♂️��‍♂️

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by GreatResearcher1: 5:12pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

dump her quick quick
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by CXLVII: 5:13pm On May 05, 2020
"I will end this by saying that in fairness to her, her character was not too different before the marriage and courtship"

You saw it coming and still dived into.

Life is to sweet to be cohabiting with bad vibes.

Better Brave up and move-on. From your pre and post story, It can only get worse.

#BitterTruth

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Auto2050: 5:13pm On May 05, 2020
I'm currently facing just exactly same attitude from my girlfriend, thank God we ain't married yet. And I have since a week now ignored her and she never deemed it necessary to call me..

Bros! Please we deserve to be happy. The best is to let go.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by enemyofprogress: 5:13pm On May 05, 2020
Ekiti and Benue, they boat like sex and pounded yam die. Op carry your cross jo, i am carrying mine(Dominique).

2 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by pocohantas(f): 5:13pm On May 05, 2020
zicoraads:
The two of you should seek an amicable separation.

Marriage no amicable, na separation go come be like that? Lmao

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by miltonchux(m): 5:14pm On May 05, 2020
kodix:
Sorry my dear but honestly you have to over look some many things to make your marriage work,there is no perfect person you don't even know whom you will get next, don't attach so much important in so many small thing(e.g just know she is not a birthday person,not carrying grudges that she don't use to rem it),always forgive, don't act quarellsomely for e.g not accepting her gift BC ur birthday escape her mind,why will you even reject her gift expecting her to beg u b4 collecting it,Are you God! You're even the cause of some of your problems with her,learn how to appreciate and complain less,ignore so many things no body is perfect.all the best.
Is easy to advise when you are not in the shoe, do you know the emotional torment gotten from someone you vow to spend your life with when she is not doing the right thing. You just casualise things. He deserve a good life and should seperate from that evil woman.

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Ejiyke24(m): 5:14pm On May 05, 2020
You don't derserve to die for a woman who doesn't worth dying for,Divorce is the only option you have now.women ar so wayward and secretive.She might stap you one day and colonize all ur properties and kids.Be guided dear

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by okewumi: 5:15pm On May 05, 2020
Marriage is not

She cough, l will divorce her or
She sneeze, l will divorce her.

Divorce should be the last stage.

What you need now is SEPARATION.

If you are financial okay, go and rent another apartment and give yourself space for sometime. She will get sense, and observe things for years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife / Guy Shares Pics With Cousin & People Are Reacting With The Way He Is Holding Her / I Saw This On My Wife's Phone.....should I Be Worried?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.