Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Time To Divorce My Wife? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Time To Divorce My Wife? (93029 Views)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Divorce: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Too Much Sex, Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by bigcee(m): 5:52pm On May 05, 2020
boldon:
You married a narcissist. Help urself by reading online about narcissistic personality disorder. I've been there. What u described is a replica of my ex wife..they feel as if they are doing u a favour being married to you.dont deceive urself hoping she will change. They dont! The unfortunate thing is that narcissists dont know that their actions are evil. They think they are always right.
God bless you joor. I was waiting for this comment. She is suffering from NPD(narcissistic personality disorder). Unfortunately for the OP, they can never change. I can handle them with ease because of my past experience with them. I pity for the OP.

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Chidonc(m): 5:53pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hmmmmm, I have done most things, for 8 years , I do not think she has apologized more than 3 times on any issue. Like I said I have prayed, and fasted. I have cried, and begged.
Let nobody use religion to cajole you, divorce her, you need happiness also. Breathe the fresh air. Let her go.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by KingMicky3286: 5:53pm On May 05, 2020
Please, I want to salute for this beautiful essay that you craftily wrote down. You really studied your books very well.

That's my own comment.

noakchukibadan:
Hello,

Please no ethnic banters. One of us is from Ekiti, and the other is from Benue. I am married for 8 years with 2 kids. It has been one problem to another.

I must be very frank, before marriage, my wife had many very questionable characters, but unfortunately we did the marriage counseling in a church were the pastor happened to be her family member. Many of the issues would have been resolved, but when I raised those issues about her character the pastor promised me that everything will be fine after the marriage.
Although this is not an excuse, but looking back now I would have been more patient and taken my decision myself instead of rushing into the marriage. For this I HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE

There is hardly nothing we do not quarrel about, I have always been the one to initiate settlement. The only way I ensure that there is peace in the house is for me not to complain about anything. Even at that, there is always trouble. If the children do anything wrong, she always says those characters the children are exhibiting are not from her and that she is not surprised that they inherited such characters from me.

She can go for months without talking to me, even if I tried to, I have done all I could do, I have begged, cried prayed. I just feel tired and exhausted from trying to make the marriage work or have peace in the home, the sad part is that she often reminds me every time there is misunderstanding that I should remember that she can stay on her own without talking to any body. Just to add, she is very prayerful.

OTHER INFORMATION.
1. I can say conveniently that there is no money problem at home. Finance is okay.
2. I went to see her father 2 years ago, the man said unfortunately he can not do anything. This is true because she was raised away from her Father, she has no contact with any of her fathers family and her father has a zero say in her life.
3. she has 5 elders ones, non of them is in communication with her because of many unresolved issues. Of her 3 younger ones she only maintains a relationship with the last boy who is just 14 years. .
4. Her mum can not talk to her because she simply dares not. However, behind, her mother use to beg me and she kept saying she understands her daughter's character and that she is doing her best by praying and doing deliverance for her.
5. She is not in contact with her maternal uncles and aunt because she said they supported her elder ones when she had problem with them.

So I am stuck with no one to help call the both of us and resolve the issue.

Every year for 5 straight years, she always forgets my birthday, last year, she forgot also, three days later, she bought me a present and I refused to collect the present and I asked her why does she keep forgetting my birthday, year after year for 5 years. She just said sorry, but I left the present in the room, she never bothered to bring the present to me. Another birthday was gone yesterday 2nd May, and as I write, no happy birthday yet.

I literally cook for myself, and all domestic things I do for myself.

I will end this by saying that in fairness to her, her character was not too different before the marriage and courtship, sincerely only once, that was like one year before the marriage I broke up with her, she came to apologize and promised that she will change. Her mother also came to apologize to me also.

This woman has refused to change or allow peace to hold sway, she is right every time, while everybody around is wrong. Sincerely, I do not know what to do anymore.

I am tired and exhausted. I do not know what to do anymore. I am 42, I was diagnosed of high blood pressure 2 years ago.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Asebaba1(m): 5:54pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

Please no ethnic banters. One of us is from Ekiti, and the other is from Benue. I am married for 8 years with 2 kids. It has been one problem to another.

I must be very frank, before marriage, my wife had many very questionable characters, but unfortunately we did the marriage counseling in a church were the pastor happened to be her family member. Many of the issues would have been resolved, but when I raised those issues about her character the pastor promised me that everything will be fine after the marriage.
Although this is not an excuse, but looking back now I would have been more patient and taken my decision myself instead of rushing into the marriage. For this I HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE

There is hardly nothing we do not quarrel about, I have always been the one to initiate settlement. The only way I ensure that there is peace in the house is for me not to complain about anything. Even at that, there is always trouble. If the children do anything wrong, she always says those characters the children are exhibiting are not from her and that she is not surprised that they inherited such characters from me.

She can go for months without talking to me, even if I tried to, I have done all I could do, I have begged, cried prayed. I just feel tired and exhausted from trying to make the marriage work or have peace in the home, the sad part is that she often reminds me every time there is misunderstanding that I should remember that she can stay on her own without talking to any body. Just to add, she is very prayerful.

OTHER INFORMATION.
1. I can say conveniently that there is no money problem at home. Finance is okay.
2. I went to see her father 2 years ago, the man said unfortunately he can not do anything. This is true because she was raised away from her Father, she has no contact with any of her fathers family and her father has a zero say in her life.
3. she has 5 elders ones, non of them is in communication with her because of many unresolved issues. Of her 3 younger ones she only maintains a relationship with the last boy who is just 14 years. .
4. Her mum can not talk to her because she simply dares not. However, behind, her mother use to beg me and she kept saying she understands her daughter's character and that she is doing her best by praying and doing deliverance for her.
5. She is not in contact with her maternal uncles and aunt because she said they supported her elder ones when she had problem with them.

Every year for 5 straight years, she always forgets my birthday, last year, she forgot also, three days later, she bought me a present and I refused to collect the present and I asked her why does she keep forgetting my birthday, year after year for 5 years. She just said sorry, but I left the present in the room, she never bothered to bring the present to me. Another birthday was gone yesterday 2nd May, and as I write, no happy birthday yet.

I will end this by saying that in fairness to her, her character was not too different before the marriage and courtship, sincerely only once, that was like one year before the marriage I broke up with her, she came to apologize and promised that she will change. Her mother also came to apologize to me also.

This woman has refused to change or allow peace to hold sway, she is right every time, while everybody around is wrong. Sincerely, I do not know what to do anymore.

I am tired and exhausted. I do not know what to do anymore. I am 42, I was diagnosed of high blood pressure 2 years ago.
Bros avoid quarrel with her, if you are mobile, carry your credentials and personal belongings. Get a self contain and then take your children to your parents for vacation. Give her time , if she did not correct herself bro , continue with your self contain and be happy
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Shegzy8(m): 5:54pm On May 05, 2020
biyiwyle:
What I'm going to say is going to be very hard but if you can do it, it will work and that is LOVE.

1. Stop complaining. remember this is a project. (6 Months)

2. Show her love. Just spoil her silly. since you say money is not a problem.

study what she loves and put your energy there. Do this as last resort.

The things you have never thought of doing, do it. Call her, love her, encourage her to confide in you, do it all. Why?

Love can break anybody. Also, she is perfectly aware of all the bad things shes doing. Swallow your pride sir and be like Christ. SACRIFICE IS THE WORD!
you are a bigger simp than the op.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by juman(m): 5:55pm On May 05, 2020
You may try marriage councelling, it might help. But I doubt.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by AkuOlisa: 5:55pm On May 05, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
kodix:
Sorry my dear but honestly you have to over look some many things to make your marriage work,there is no perfect person you don't even know whom you will get next, don't attach so much important in so many small thing(e.g just know she is not a birthday person,not carrying grudges that she don't use to rem it),always forgive, don't act quarellsomely for e.g not accepting her gift BC ur birthday escape her mind,why will you even reject her gift expecting her to beg u b4 collecting it,Are you God! You're even the cause of some of your problems with her,learn how to appreciate and complain less,ignore so many things no body is perfect.all the best.

Wow
So basically you are advising him to be a simplidom/woman wrapper just like you ?

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Matchingsquad10: 5:56pm On May 05, 2020
Dammmmm it.

Divorce her and move on with your life. If not you will join your ancestors before your time.

Shegge.

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by YemyTemmy: 5:56pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

Do not kee yourself trying to make her happy. Just be yourself.
Who does that? Staying under same roof and not talk to each other? Sorry for your mistake but the good thing is that it can be corrected!!!

Don't divorce her,just walk away, plan for Msc of PhD abroad or occupy your mind with productive things like business and leave home.

Stay away from toxic people, when She is tired she will call for divorce. But before you walked away, do DNA of your kids.

You deserve happiness, if you die now, it won't take her six months to get another man.

Stay away!!!

5 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by YemyTemmy: 5:57pm On May 05, 2020
biyiwyle:
What I'm going to say is going to be very hard but if you can do it, it will work and that is LOVE.

1. Stop complaining. remember this is a project. (6 Months)

2. Show her love. Just spoil her silly. since you say money is not a problem.

study what she loves and put your energy there. Do this as last resort.

The things you have never thought of doing, do it. Call her, love her, encourage her to confide in you, do it all. Why?

Love can break anybody. Also, she is perfectly aware of all the bad things shes doing. Swallow your pride sir and be like Christ. SACRIFICE IS THE WORD!

May God forgive you for trying to mislead him

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by pinkkystel(f): 5:57pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
. Well, thanks for the advice, maybe I forgot to say that she places huge importance on birthdays, for her I must throw a party, every year for 7 years, and she can not even remember mine. Just to say happy birthday ?

For a start kindly ignore hers too this year. Pretend as if nothing is happening, like you forgot.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

Oga, na grave you de see so oooo (sadly).

If not that my friend finally died last December 22nd, I would have called you his name straight away, your story is 100% similar to his (barring the tribes).

Leave that woman PERIOD, you are not in any marriage.

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Shegzy8(m): 5:59pm On May 05, 2020
supereagle:

I do more than the complaints you raised here. My own wife doesn't enter kitchen. I pounded yam this morning only for her to eat the lion share. The bottled water I wanted to drink she carried it. I just ignored her and left.
Suru ni afi she oko obirin. My advice.
This one pass suru!! you be mumu (no pun intended). you worse pass op.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Shegzy8(m): 6:00pm On May 05, 2020
supereagle:

I do more than the complaints you raised here. My own wife doesn't enter kitchen. I pounded yam this morning only for her to eat the lion share. The bottled water I wanted to drink she carried it. I just ignored her and left.
Suru ni afi she oko obirin. My advice.
[/quote]
This one pass suru!! you be mumu (no pun intended). you worse pass op.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by bayulll011(m): 6:00pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

I must be very frank, before marriage, my wife had many very questionable characters, but unfortunately we did the marriage counseling in a church were the pastor happened to be her family memberhausted. I do not know what to do anymore. I am 42, I was diagnosed of high blood pressure 2 years ago.

You that institutions called marriage some of us think it's a joke and once we have money and big body we are ripe for it .you obviously saw all the red flags and you waited for a pastors that will not live with you to determined your life.

Ok for the sakes of the kids, have a final heart to heart talk, make sure she says what's making her to behave this way, what you are going to do differently and way to make things work.

Give her the warning if she dosnt change them you have your decsiosn to make and don't make the mistake of telling her what you want to do or else you will find yourself in the grave Sooner.

Go on vacations two of you only,spend time with her cos obviously both of you dont know one another.and after this if nothing changes divorce her silly asssss and take full custody of your children
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Discombulator: 6:00pm On May 05, 2020
Too many weaklings in marriages this days,if you was a real man you wouldn't need nobody to advice you to let the b!tch go.

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Dpharisee: 6:01pm On May 05, 2020
bukatyne:

You realize that the error is all yours for not choosing well.

For that, you are half way there.

You mentioned that you married in the Church: brother you know that except adultery and I will say abuse, you can't divorce your wife.

You have tried counseling, reporting her to family etc. etc. and it has not worked.

Now, I want you to try changing your reaction to her attitude. You have been married long enough to 'predict' her actions/inactions.

She forgot your birthday, fine. Celebrate yourself. Go out with the kids, go out with your friends etc.

She tries to keep malice, apologize and move on.

I know it is hard, it is abnormal even however you need to build a shield in your heart so that her attitude doesn't get to you anymore.

Don't beg or cajole her to 'change' or 'be better' or whatever: you are telling her that she has power over you.

Thank God finances are not a thing: treat your self, go on vacations, do the certifications or courses you wanted to. Channel your emotions into the things you have always wanted to do, pick up new hobbies, go to gym and workout youf frustrations etc.

And prayers work: if not for her to change, for you to be whole mentally and emotionally.

It is well.

You don't have to quote everything just to make your submission, you have made the page clumsy.
Please remove the quote and leave only your comment. Thanks
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by 9ja083: 6:01pm On May 05, 2020
Are u sure she's not doing this with intention to avoid sex from u? And she will keep doing this till she's ready for sex. Most women that hate sex will likely behave like this just to avoid sex.
Since you said she does that to everyone around her, it means it's a mental case. Ppl in psychology should help us here. Her I D OR Ego is high.
Tell her that if she does not change for the better, you will divorce her.
Then if she repeat it again, make her leave even if it's for 2 weeks. It will serve as a warning to her.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by abadiru: 6:02pm On May 05, 2020
In addition to what the writer said , try as much as possible to reset her brain without divorce. You can raise little cash to maintain a room self cointain somewhere close to your office , use it to relex, medidate and pray but not for keeping girlfriend in any way.
Take a decision to sleep out for than 4 days in a week ,most especially when she started her trouble.
The most important aspect of it is to use the room productively because that is when u can proudly say you won.
Thanks

quote author=bukatyne post=89149605]

You mentioned that you married in the Church: brother you know that except adultery and I will say abuse, you can't divorce your wife.

You have tried counseling, reporting her to family etc. etc. and it has not worked.

Now, I want you to try changing your reaction to her attitude. You have been married long enough to 'predict' her actions/inactions.

She forgot your birthday, fine. Celebrate yourself. Go out with the kids, go out with your friends etc.

I know it is hard, it is abnormal even however you need to build a shield in your heart so that her attitude doesn't get to you anymore.

Don't beg or cajole her to 'change' or 'be better' or whatever: you are telling her that she has power over you.

Thank God finances are not a thing: treat your self, go on vacations, do the certifications or courses you wanted to. Channel your emotions into the things you have always wanted to do, pick up new hobbies, go to gym and workout youf frustrations etc.

And prayers work: if not for her to change, for you to be whole mentally and emotionally.

It is well.
[/quote]
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 05, 2020
You have seen too much movies. Mostly Antonio Banderas kinda movies.

I'm currently seperated. Whores in camouflage of marriage.

If tradition exist most of these Girls would be buried with their heads cut off!

I repeat, These generation of girls late 80s - Early 90s use binoculars to search.

If you wan Marry; Mid 90s - Early 20s.

bukatyne:

[s]You realize that the error is all yours for not choosing well.

[/s]
It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by obowunmi(m): 6:03pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

She HATES her father and therefore hates men. Hope you both go for therapy, its not too late. She probably had ABUSIVE parents and NEVER healed from that.

Go for therapy. if that doesn't help, find someone who gives you peace.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Nitric(m): 6:03pm On May 05, 2020
A guy who is bothered that his wife does not remember his birthday...nothing wey person no go hear?
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Danniedpastor(m): 6:04pm On May 05, 2020
First, you saw all the bad characters before marriage and still went ahead to marry her. Now, you are praying she change. God don't work that way. He gave you free will to make it decision about who to marry and you choose her.
Pastors shouldn't cajole you into marrying some that you cannot tolerate. Pastors too are humans (I'm a pastor too). Some pastor don't know how to draw the right lines. If I was the pastor,what I would have done is to call you alone to my office to talk.

to the OP
* I won't encourage divorce because the Bible is against it. But, you can't kill yourself in marriage. You need a break. Leave the house for a while (months), return when your head is cool and you've found peace.
* On your return, pay less attention to her misbehavior. Go about your daily activities and always make yourself happy. Go out with your kids often.
*Use your time to learn or practice.
*Talk to her when she's calm and ignore when she's edgy.
*Eat the food she cooks because you're still the man of the house.
*Pray for Grace and trust God.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by dbanjj1629(m): 6:05pm On May 05, 2020
You just nailed it. God bless you.. Op reason am..

bukatyne:

It is well.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by HISWAYS(m): 6:05pm On May 05, 2020
God hates Divorce..
OP pls report her to the Pastor that joined you in Marriage.
Take a leave or vacation for a while and get refreshed.
God will help you.
A mistake in marriage is a terrible one. Only God can help you to live long.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by mixratio(m): 6:05pm On May 05, 2020
bukatyne:

It is well.

This is the best advice OP.
Follow it and you will be fine.

I also suggest that you consecrate , rededicate your life to Jesus.
Pray and fast and ask Jesus to save your marriage.

Your wife is most likely manipulated by demons of insubordination and malice,that's why it's so easy for her to go on malice for my months.

It is also evident in her relationship with family members alike. Trust me, she is being manipulated.

Raise a prayer alter in your home and wage war on these demons else your home is at stake.

Forget the fact that she's prayerful, the Bible says the prayer of a sinner is an abomination unto God." Except if the prayer is that of repentance.

My Bro, praaayy. Asides that no solution.

Jesus wi help you
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Psoul(m): 6:05pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

Very simple situation with a very simple solution.

There's one thing your wife is holding you down with and she's capitalizing on that to deal with you.

Your dear wife knows that you love her so much and you can do anything to maintain peace in the house (I said house cos that's what u have now and not home). So this has made her not to struggle to build her love for u. She believes come rain, come shine, you're there for her.

What do you have to do?
You need to apply psychological torture.
Don't stop loving her. Don't beat her. I said, NEVER BEAT HER.
All you need to do is start behaving as if she doesn't exist. Do your things. Respond to her but without giving in much interest. If possible respond with few words or just Yes or No. No detail. Leaving her wondering and her heart wandering.

When she gets into ur nerves, never show her you're angry. It may not be so easy, but you need to beat her on her own game.

If at any time she tries to explain to you why she did dat which u don't like, tell.. "Oh... Honey, don't worry, I'm fine." Never allow her to say out what she wants to say. Let the anger of you not giving her ears torture her. Don't shout at her

As you're handling her this way, she'll start getting stupidly jealous. She'll believe that you've found someone outside that is making u happy. She'll start getting scared of losing you to that person. This will trigger her love for you. She'll start dropping some of her bad characters just to win your love and affection back.

Note: as you're doing this, please don't cheat on her, cos if she gets to know, she'll have more ground to become even worst.

The above solution may not be all that easy for you, but if you've bn able to discipline your heart well, you may not find it too hard.
I called this method Psychological Torture.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by adewale6588(m): 6:06pm On May 05, 2020
bukatyne:

It is well.

its right time for you to be STRONG mentally and emotionally... let nothing she does gets to you.

its not easy tho, but you just have to safe yourself of frequent emotion trauma...

Be a gentleman divorce no be d way..tink about your kids.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by richmindx: 6:07pm On May 05, 2020
The only thing you have to do is to break up. If you die because of her, you are on your own because your destiny is in your hands.

She will only change when you die. Run for your dear life.

noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Sunmolar(m): 6:08pm On May 05, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Due to the nature of our society before a young man will get himself together and maybe successful he's already in his 40s or few years to 40.....So tell me after all those years of hardships now that you've finally gotten to the edge of a success peace of mind is what you need as a man if you want to cross to the next decade not to worry over a fustrated woman.

d u e t o t h e n a t u r e o f o u r s o c i e t y

l i f e b e g i n a t 40

.... it's clearly spelt out now. thanks.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Wasbayd: 6:08pm On May 05, 2020
I really felt bad reading through your plight, and can see through that you still have a genuine love for her. Let me be very honest with you brother, you do not need a divorce. You had carried her as a cross for all these years, and I could see you've become better in managing her shortcomings and keeping your marriage. I need what you need is a change of approach, as your approach in solving this seems not to be fruitful. I would suggest you pretend you care less about her, give her less attention, leave the house without telling her, go on a trip, spend days away, call female friends in her presence, and if possible stop eating her food and maintain that until she starts reacting to the unusual she is seeing in your character. Let her feel the new unbelievable you. I am 99% sure you will see the woman you've always wished to see in your wife sooner than you could ever imagine.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by FLYFIRE(m): 6:09pm On May 05, 2020
You are married now & are the best person to help her. Bros remember that you loved & picked her from the lot. Forgive her. Its sometimes difficult but see it as you walk into another man beating her up on the street. I know that you will 'kill' that man that day. Its same thing bro, an unseen hand is putting his hands on your wife, dont let it go on. Its stealing from your home & joy, do something now by forgiving & showing her love. And what is this about birthday bro. Forget about things like this. Please go one more time & apologise & resolve to pursue happiness. Remember bro, no other can build the home you desire for you. You love your home that is why you cried out here, go ahead & take it. Whatever was stolen God will restore. I will you God's speed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife / Guy Shares Pics With Cousin & People Are Reacting With The Way He Is Holding Her / I Saw This On My Wife's Phone.....should I Be Worried?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 205
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.