Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Time To Divorce My Wife? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Time To Divorce My Wife? (93095 Views)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Divorce: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Too Much Sex, Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by robosky02(m): 4:38pm On May 05, 2020
Not enough
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by GeneralPula: 4:40pm On May 05, 2020
I have begged, cried prayed

sad
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 05, 2020
Everybody online are now relationship expert...even those that are singles?

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Saintinoo(m): 4:42pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,
Please no ethnic banters. One of us is from Ekiti, and the other is from Benue. I am married for 8 years with 2 kids. It has been one problem to another. I must be very frank, before marriage, my wife had many very questionable characters, but unfortunately we did the marriage counseling in a church were the pastor happened to be her family member,many of the issues would have been resolved, but when I raised those issues about her character the pastor promised me that everything will be fine after the marriage, although this is not an excuse, but looking back now I would have been more patient and taken my decision myself instead of rushing into the marriage. For this I HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE
There is hardly nothing we do not quarrel about, I have always been the one to initiate settlement. The only way I ensure that there is peace in the house is for me not to complain about anything. Even at that, there is always trouble. If the children does anything wrong, she always those characters the children are exhibiting are not from her and that she is not surprised that they inherited such characters from me.
She can go for months without we talking to me, even if I tried to, I have done all I could do, i have begged, cried prayed . I just feel tired and exhausted from trying to make the marriage work or have peace in the home, the sad part is that she often reminds me every time there is misunderstanding that I should remember that she can stay on her own without talking to any body. Just to add, she is very prayerful.

OTHER INFORMATION.
1. I can say conveniently that their is no money problem at home. Finance is okay.
2. I went to see her father 2 years ago the man said unfortunately he can not do anything . This is true because she was raised away from her Father, she has no contact with any of her fathers family and her father has a zero say in her life.
3. she has 5 elders ones, non of them is in communication with her because of many unresolved issues. Of her 3 younger ones she only maintains a relationship with the last boy who is just 14 years. .
4. Her mum can not talk to her because she simply dare not. However, behind, her mother use to beg me and she kept saying she understands her daughter's character and that she is doing her best by praying and doing deliverance for her.
5. She is not in contact with her maternal uncles and aunt because she said they supported her elder ones when she had problem with them.

So I am stuck with no one to help call the both of us and resolve the issue.

Every year for 5 straight years , she always forgets my birthday, last year, she forgot also, three days later, she bought me a present and I refused to collect the present and I asked her why does she keep forgetting my birthday, year after year for 5 years. She just said sorry, but I left the present in the room, she never came bother to bring the present to me. Another birthday was gone yesterday 2nd May , and as I write, no happy birthday yet.

I literally cook for myself, and all domestic things I do for myself.

I will end this by saying that in fairness to her, her character was not too different before the marriage and courtship, sincerely only once, that was like one year before the marriage I broke up with her, she came to apologize and promised that she will change. Her mother also came to apologize to me also.
This woman has refused to change or allow peace to hold sway, she is right every time, while everybody around is wrong. Sincerely, I do not know what to do anymore.
I am tired and exhausted. I do not know what to do anymore. I am 42, I was diagnosed of her blood pressure 2 years ago.

So bad to see a birthday mate going through all this... Am not married, i don't knowhow you will take my advice, but first of all your mistake was agreeing that she will change after your wedding...
Since it seems like she doesn't listen to anybody, i think you should spend more time with your kids, try and train them to be different from their mother, they are your wife now, they will give you happiness and strenght.

Back to your wife, i will not ask you to quit and trow her out, but talk to her like a man, like the head of the house and if she still insist, then be on your own, take your kids to a family member and separate from her for now before she kills you with HBP.

Least i forget, is your wife Idoma?
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by scoundrel(f): 4:42pm On May 05, 2020
...and the creative writer of the day is...
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by manontree: 4:42pm On May 05, 2020
Hmmm. This is fictional. As someone as intelligent as you, going by your post and with fore knowledge of this woman's character, still forged ahead and married this she devil, is simply impossicant

So spare me. These are all paid writers by Nairaland looking for relevance and traffic. These whirlwind romance tales I have read here of late all smacks of fantastic colourful narrative that have semblance of movie level stories

I am not falling for them any longer

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 05, 2020
Damn niggar

that is a small issue, what happened to your vow?
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by farem: 4:43pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

Please no ethnic banters. One of us is from Ekiti, and the other is from Benue. I am married for 8 years with 2 kids. It has been one problem to another.

I must be very frank, before marriage, my wife had many very questionable characters, but unfortunately we did the marriage counseling in a church were the pastor happened to be her family member. Many of the issues would have been resolved, but when I raised those issues about her character the pastor promised me that everything will be fine after the marriage.
Although this is not an excuse, but looking back now I would have been more patient and taken my decision myself instead of rushing into the marriage. For this I HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE

There is hardly nothing we do not quarrel about, I have always been the one to initiate settlement. The only way I ensure that there is peace in the house is for me not to complain about anything. Even at that, there is always trouble. If the children do anything wrong, she always says those characters the children are exhibiting are not from her and that she is not surprised that they inherited such characters from me.

She can go for months without talking to me, even if I tried to, I have done all I could do, I have begged, cried prayed. I just feel tired and exhausted from trying to make the marriage work or have peace in the home, the sad part is that she often reminds me every time there is misunderstanding that I should remember that she can stay on her own without talking to any body. Just to add, she is very prayerful.

OTHER INFORMATION.
1. I can say conveniently that there is no money problem at home. Finance is okay.
2. I went to see her father 2 years ago, the man said unfortunately he can not do anything. This is true because she was raised away from her Father, she has no contact with any of her fathers family and her father has a zero say in her life.
3. she has 5 elders ones, non of them is in communication with her because of many unresolved issues. Of her 3 younger ones she only maintains a relationship with the last boy who is just 14 years. .
4. Her mum can not talk to her because she simply dares not. However, behind, her mother use to beg me and she kept saying she understands her daughter's character and that she is doing her best by praying and doing deliverance for her.
5. She is not in contact with her maternal uncles and aunt because she said they supported her elder ones when she had problem with them.

Every year for 5 straight years, she always forgets my birthday, last year, she forgot also, three days later, she bought me a present and I refused to collect the present and I asked her why does she keep forgetting my birthday, year after year for 5 years. She just said sorry, but I left the present in the room, she never bothered to bring the present to me. Another birthday was gone yesterday 2nd May, and as I write, no happy birthday yet.

I will end this by saying that in fairness to her, her character was not too different before the marriage and courtship, sincerely only once, that was like one year before the marriage I broke up with her, she came to apologize and promised that she will change. Her mother also came to apologize to me also.

This woman has refused to change or allow peace to hold sway, she is right every time, while everybody around is wrong. Sincerely, I do not know what to do anymore.

I am tired and exhausted. I do not know what to do anymore. I am 42, I was diagnosed of high blood pressure 2 years ago.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by WaffenSS(m): 4:44pm On May 05, 2020
She doesn't relate with her father

She hardly has any relationship with her adult brothers

She does not get along well with her mother

...and you married her?

You're the architect of your own misery, bro.

5 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by SIRKAY98(m): 4:44pm On May 05, 2020
Bro you cant get a good advice here. Get out

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by bluefilm: 4:44pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

Please no ethnic banters. One of us is from Ekiti, and the other is from Benue. I am married for 8 years with 2 kids. It has been one problem to another.

I must be very frank, before marriage, my wife had many very questionable characters, but unfortunately we did the marriage counseling in a church were the pastor happened to be her family member. Many of the issues would have been resolved, but when I raised those issues about her character the pastor promised me that everything will be fine after the marriage.
Although this is not an excuse, but looking back now I would have been more patient and taken my decision myself instead of rushing into the marriage. For this I HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE

There is hardly nothing we do not quarrel about, I have always been the one to initiate settlement. The only way I ensure that there is peace in the house is for me not to complain about anything. Even at that, there is always trouble. If the children do anything wrong, she always says those characters the children are exhibiting are not from her and that she is not surprised that they inherited such characters from me.

She can go for months without talking to me, even if I tried to, I have done all I could do, I have begged, cried prayed. I just feel tired and exhausted from trying to make the marriage work or have peace in the home, the sad part is that she often reminds me every time there is misunderstanding that I should remember that she can stay on her own without talking to any body. Just to add, she is very prayerful.

OTHER INFORMATION.
1. I can say conveniently that there is no money problem at home. Finance is okay.
2. I went to see her father 2 years ago, the man said unfortunately he can not do anything. This is true because she was raised away from her Father, she has no contact with any of her fathers family and her father has a zero say in her life.
4. Her mum can not talk to her because she simply dares not. However, behind, her mother use to beg me and she kept saying she understands her daughter's character and that she is doing her best by praying and doing deliverance for her.

Every year for 5 straight years, she always forgets my birthday, last year, she forgot also, three days later, she bought me a present and I refused to collect the present and I asked her why does she keep forgetting my birthday, year after year for 5 years. She just said sorry, but I left the present in the room, she never bothered to bring the present to me. Another birthday was gone yesterday 2nd May, and as I write, no happy birthday yet.

I am tired and exhausted. I do not know what to do anymore. I am 42, I was diagnosed of high blood pressure 2 years ago.

Guy na wa o!

Una dey try o!

Eziokwu m eh, I dey always praise men like you wey dey fit endure all these nonsense from women for years.

Me, I cannot o!

If na me, I for don divorce am tay tay.

But that na after I go don beat am well well. cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 05, 2020
Thats sounds like the work of @demola Ajayi
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by ignitewatch(m): 4:46pm On May 05, 2020
do what you want to do
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Niggmatic: 4:46pm On May 05, 2020
bukatyne:

You realize that the error is all yours for not choosing well.

For that, you are half way there.

You mentioned that you married in the Church: brother you know that except adultery and I will say abuse, you can't divorce your wife.

You have tried counseling, reporting her to family etc. etc. and it has not worked.

Now, I want you to try changing your reaction to her attitude. You have been married long enough to 'predict' her actions/inactions.

She forgot your birthday, fine. Celebrate yourself. Go out with the kids, go out with your friends etc.

She tries to keep malice, apologize and move on.

I know it is hard, it is abnormal even however you need to build a shield in your heart so that her attitude doesn't get to you anymore.

Don't beg or cajole her to 'change' or 'be better' or whatever: you are telling her that she has power over you.

Thank God finances are not a thing: treat your self, go on vacations, do the certifications or courses you wanted to. Channel your emotions into the things you have always wanted to do, pick up new hobbies, go to gym and workout youf frustrations etc.

And prayers work: if not for her to change, for you to be whole mentally and emotionally.

It is well.

On point
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 05, 2020
Long and short of it all is that you married someone you do not understand just because your pastor gave the go ahead.

Just pray– it's all I can advise you.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by FromZeroToHero(m): 4:46pm On May 05, 2020
I can't just jump into conclusions without hearing from your wife. Because our people dey talk say Python that was seen by one person can be called a Cobra.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by MedicH: 4:46pm On May 05, 2020
Lol so your fellow human being hiding under the cloak of a pastor told you that your wife will change to become more compatible with you after u both are married and you agreed. Pls are there brain cells in your cranium?

2 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by anonymous1759(m): 4:46pm On May 05, 2020

You already admitted to your mistakes for tolerating bad character no need to bash you.

your wife is killing you slowly, high blood pressure is a silent killer if your wife is treating you like this when you're still Agile and alive how much more when you're dead or have stroke ?

If she forgets your birthday when you're living in the same house, it's obvious you're nothing when you're gone, memories of you will be gone like a chaff in the wind. And she'll start Nacking another man. She doesn't love you simple. Any lady in love with you irrespective of the bad character will Apologize to save the relationship even if can't help her attitude issues.

Is your wife in communication with any of her exes? Cheating women are the ones who live without sympathy.

Try to find Happiness outside your wife's scope, so many things can make you happy. You got kids.If you can't bear with her living under the same roof with you. Separate from her for some time (like a year at least) and see if that will change her. Don't be a weak man initiating peace treaty all the time, that makes you un attractive to her she'll see you as the lady you've to man up and take the lead cool

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by DaddyGngeess(m): 4:47pm On May 05, 2020
My birthday mate, 2nd of May, pls calm down so you didn't kill yourself over nothing, use our papa level to handle the matter, just concentrate on yourself my brother, no need for divorce now, just try to be giving urself happiness and pretend as if she is not there, anytime she brings her own happiness u collect, if she no bring u dey ur own, life goes on, one day everything will change, una go old too.

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:48pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

Divorce her one hand. No time for rubbish and don't be a weak man. Send her strong warnings.

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Digitiminimi: 4:48pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

My brother; 1. don't let any body makes any decisions for you on who to marry
2. Don't manage anyone's behaviour
3. Since, she is a stubborn lady n adamant.
4. Go on and Marry another wife if you're capable of this, don't let her know of this decision.
5. If you're not capable of managing two wives,. Divorce her immediately to have peace of mind
6. You need to be more patient while dealing with a woman

2 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Amb1045(m): 4:48pm On May 05, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]life is too short to be around such lady. get a divorce and be happy. don't please people that don't deserve to pleased

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by iPOOPinURmouth: 4:48pm On May 05, 2020
just give her fake divorce, her brain go reset. my Australian wife was like that till i reseted her brain this way

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Niggmatic: 4:49pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hmmmmm, I have done most things, for 8 years , I do not think she has apologized more than 3 times on any issue. Like I said I have prayed, and fasted. I have cried, and begged.

Watch fireproof. Find a way to get her to watch the movie without your presence.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by jaksmillioniar: 4:49pm On May 05, 2020
this guy is getting me angry u be man cant u beat her

4 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 05, 2020
She gave you present and you rejected because it's three days past your birthday? She was trying to change and that's the best you could do to encourage her?
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:49pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

Divorce her one time. Marriage is not war

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Oselu28(f): 4:49pm On May 05, 2020
Leave the house for a month or more,don't tell her your whereabouts, don't leave money for upkeep..see if she would call u.

She believes she already own u and there's nothing u can do,u also sound calm which is something she's using against u

But how did u expect someone to change after marriage

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by ogwuche4u(m): 4:50pm On May 05, 2020
Thank you so much for these wonderful advice. I believe this is the best advice for him to take. Channel your energy to other things. Be more close to your children. Ignore her excesses. Focus more on yourself most importantly, your happiness. You have given her too much attention and from all you analyzed, you love her so much and that's why it hurts you so bad. Be strong. As long as she is committing adultery, maltreating your children and physically attacking you, I will advice you heed not to divorce. It's time for you to focus on just you. It's well.
bukatyne:

You realize that the error is all yours for not choosing well.

For that, you are half way there.

You mentioned that you married in the Church: brother you know that except adultery and I will say abuse, you can't divorce your wife.

You have tried counseling, reporting her to family etc. etc. and it has not worked.

Now, I want you to try changing your reaction to her attitude. You have been married long enough to 'predict' her actions/inactions.

She forgot your birthday, fine. Celebrate yourself. Go out with the kids, go out with your friends etc.

She tries to keep malice, apologize and move on.

I know it is hard, it is abnormal even however you need to build a shield in your heart so that her attitude doesn't get to you anymore.

Don't beg or cajole her to 'change' or 'be better' or whatever: you are telling her that she has power over you.

Thank God finances are not a thing: treat your self, go on vacations, do the certifications or courses you wanted to. Channel your emotions into the things you have always wanted to do, pick up new hobbies, go to gym and workout youf frustrations etc.

And prayers work: if not for her to change, for you to be whole mentally and emotionally.

It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by humilitypays(m): 4:50pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

lol
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Socialproject: 4:50pm On May 05, 2020
My brother, I can bet those kids are what is holding you back at this point, you would have walked away.
No kid deserves a broken home.

A regards your wife, she does not love you. This is the gospel truth.
Something must melt a womans heart, do you know ? has she any ?

.......................the quest to be called Mrs was the driving force for her getting married to you.

As per advice on way forward. You need to find ways to stay alive for yourself and your children. She is a risk factor

noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Thelucifer666(m): 4:50pm On May 05, 2020
Glad you accept the fact that you're at fault for marrying such a woman that showed terrible signs early.
I dont know what you can possibly do with a woman that has no relationship with her parents so much that her own mother cant talk to her even her siblings dont communicate with her.
I wouldn't blame you for divorcing her but when there's children in a broken marriage departing becomes difficult.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

My Encounter With A Married Man Yesterday / Man Spots ‘dead’ Wife With Another Man In Lagos / Banker's Wife Pregnant For Lesson Teacher Hired By Husband For The Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.