Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Time To Divorce My Wife? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Time To Divorce My Wife? (93005 Views)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Divorce: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Too Much Sex, Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by MistadeRegal(m): 6:11pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

Please no ethnic banters. One of us is from Ekiti, and the other is from Benue. I am married for 8 years with 2 kids. It has been one problem to another.

I must be very frank, before marriage, my wife had many very questionable characters, but unfortunately we did the marriage counseling in a church were the pastor happened to be her family member. Many of the issues would have been resolved, but when I raised those issues about her character the pastor promised me that everything will be fine after the marriage.
Although this is not an excuse, but looking back now I would have been more patient and taken my decision myself instead of rushing into the marriage. For this I HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE

There is hardly nothing we do not quarrel about, I have always been the one to initiate settlement. The only way I ensure that there is peace in the house is for me not to complain about anything. Even at that, there is always trouble. If the children do anything wrong, she always says those characters the children are exhibiting are not from her and that she is not surprised that they inherited such characters from me.

She can go for months without talking to me, even if I tried to, I have done all I could do, I have begged, cried prayed. I just feel tired and exhausted from trying to make the marriage work or have peace in the home, the sad part is that she often reminds me every time there is misunderstanding that I should remember that she can stay on her own without talking to any body. Just to add, she is very prayerful.

OTHER INFORMATION.
1. I can say conveniently that there is no money problem at home. Finance is okay.
2. I went to see her father 2 years ago, the man said unfortunately he can not do anything. This is true because she was raised away from her Father, she has no contact with any of her fathers family and her father has a zero say in her life.
3. she has 5 elders ones, non of them is in communication with her because of many unresolved issues. Of her 3 younger ones she only maintains a relationship with the last boy who is just 14 years. .
4. Her mum can not talk to her because she simply dares not. However, behind, her mother use to beg me and she kept saying she understands her daughter's character and that she is doing her best by praying and doing deliverance for her.
5. She is not in contact with her maternal uncles and aunt because she said they supported her elder ones when she had problem with them.

So I am stuck with no one to help call the both of us and resolve the issue.

Every year for 5 straight years, she always forgets my birthday, last year, she forgot also, three days later, she bought me a present and I refused to collect the present and I asked her why does she keep forgetting my birthday, year after year for 5 years. She just said sorry, but I left the present in the room, she never bothered to bring the present to me. Another birthday was gone yesterday 2nd May, and as I write, no happy birthday yet.

I literally cook for myself, and all domestic things I do for myself.

I will end this by saying that in fairness to her, her character was not too different before the marriage and courtship, sincerely only once, that was like one year before the marriage I broke up with her, she came to apologize and promised that she will change. Her mother also came to apologize to me also.

This woman has refused to change or allow peace to hold sway, she is right every time, while everybody around is wrong. Sincerely, I do not know what to do anymore.

I am tired and exhausted. I do not know what to do anymore. I am 42, I was diagnosed of high blood pressure 2 years ago.

Women like that don't use earrings. They claim it's of the devil meanwhile their characters itself usually shock the devil.
I won't say much sir because you knew her characters before diving into the lagoon of love. I pray everything gets better.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by bigcee(m): 6:11pm On May 05, 2020
Lol grin You married a malignant narcissist. Educate yourself about NPD(narcissistic personality disorder), if not you will end up with PTSD(post traumatic stress disorder). Those behaviour she is exhibiting is called passive aggressive behaviour. She is in control, dominates, manipulate, project, gaslight you etc. Abeg make I stop here. Just read about the aforementioned.

3 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Ishow7: 6:12pm On May 05, 2020
I totally disagree with you. Marraige is not equal to manage it rather marriage = sacrifice and effort from both parties but its obvious based on the op narration that it's one sided. And with the medical condition, he needs to quit before he becomes a once upon a time.
ikh777:

IF THIS WHOLE STORY IS TRUE, Then sir, you have tried. you need a clean break.

BAD CHARACTER is like TOOTHACHE... you may have to remove the tooth.

See, the pastor and family deceived you. This is why I hate how marriage is done in Africa, THEY LIE TO SINGLES CLAIMING AFTER MARRIAGE TILL WILL GET BETTER only to marry then they start preaching to you to MANAGE.

In NIGERIA, MARRIAGE = MANAGING.

So, I can not say it is a spiritual matter, but with all you have said I feel you should prayerfully divorce her. And move on with your life lest you die early of HBP.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Egabs(m): 6:13pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

Please no ethnic banters. One of us is from Ekiti, and the other is from Benue. I am married for 8 years with 2 kids. It has been one problem to another.

I must be very frank, before marriage, my wife had many very questionable characters, but unfortunately we did the marriage counseling in a church were the pastor happened to be her family member. Many of the issues would have been resolved, but when I raised those issues about her character the pastor promised me that everything will be fine after the marriage.
Although this is not an excuse, but looking back now I would have been more patient and taken my decision myself instead of rushing into the marriage. For this I HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE

There is hardly nothing we do not quarrel about, I have always been the one to initiate settlement. The only way I ensure that there is peace in the house is for me not to complain about anything. Even at that, there is always trouble. If the children do anything wrong, she always says those characters the children are exhibiting are not from her and that she is not surprised that they inherited such characters from me.

She can go for months without talking to me, even if I tried to, I have done all I could do, I have begged, cried prayed. I just feel tired and exhausted from trying to make the marriage work or have peace in the home, the sad part is that she often reminds me every time there is misunderstanding that I should remember that she can stay on her own without talking to any body. Just to add, she is very prayerful.

OTHER INFORMATION.
1. I can say conveniently that there is no money problem at home. Finance is okay.
2. I went to see her father 2 years ago, the man said unfortunately he can not do anything. This is true because she was raised away from her Father, she has no contact with any of her fathers family and her father has a zero say in her life.
3. she has 5 elders ones, non of them is in communication with her because of many unresolved issues. Of her 3 younger ones she only maintains a relationship with the last boy who is just 14 years. .
4. Her mum can not talk to her because she simply dares not. However, behind, her mother use to beg me and she kept saying she understands her daughter's character and that she is doing her best by praying and doing deliverance for her.
5. She is not in contact with her maternal uncles and aunt because she said they supported her elder ones when she had problem with them.

Every year for 5 straight years, she always forgets my birthday, last year, she forgot also, three days later, she bought me a present and I refused to collect the present and I asked her why does she keep forgetting my birthday, year after year for 5 years. She just said sorry, but I left the present in the room, she never bothered to bring the present to me. Another birthday was gone yesterday 2nd May, and as I write, no happy birthday yet.

I will end this by saying that in fairness to her, her character was not too different before the marriage and courtship, sincerely only once, that was like one year before the marriage I broke up with her, she came to apologize and promised that she will change. Her mother also came to apologize to me also.

This woman has refused to change or allow peace to hold sway, she is right every time, while everybody around is wrong. Sincerely, I do not know what to do anymore.

I am tired and exhausted. I do not know what to do anymore. I am 42, I was diagnosed of high blood pressure 2 years ago.
If all you posted is true and u av done all within ur power for peace to rain yet nothing is working look deep into ur hearth and tell ur self the hard truth is to quite rather than to die of hypertension ur life and well being is ur priority not trying to stay wth uncharged Person
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Hisincrease: 6:13pm On May 05, 2020
OKOATA:
Your wife is an evil monster that should be treated as trash and neglected forever and let her fuvk off. Keep managing till you die of HBP and am sure she’s even waiting for that. If you have her name as your next of kin change it, if it’s a joint account remove her name from it, anything joint this joint that remove her name from it, stop begging and crying, I even hate it when a woman cry’s and begs me because I find it irritating, since the first time you started crying and begging like a little child she took advantage of you, what you don’t know is that women hate men that cry and beg, it was my own mother that told me this. Stop prostrating before a woman, stop kneeling and begging a woman, I swear that thing is irritating like shiit. My advice to you is to just end this evil marriage, you said you developed HPB and you are still managing. A man did the same in my area and he died while driving his in car, the woman he left behind is sleeping around like a dog now. Separate from this evil witch you call a wife, let her be since it’s glaring she doesn’t love you anymore, focus on yourself and your health, go to the gym, eat healthy, make enough female friends and am not saying you should start sleeping around but if you find a woman around, hang out with your friends and families. About her birthday fuvk her day and May she burn in Hell. Any man that treats a woman like egg bet it they don’t appreciate and am sure she’s even cheating on you with a real man that’s she no send you. You need to start acting like a real man bro. Woman hate simple men, men that are too nice but if we keep telling men they say women are golden, women are eggs bla bla bla, Free that demon you called a wife, she deserves no mercy. Don’t listen to those people telling you to manage her like that bla bla bla, I can bet she won’t change and you will keep doing the same thing over and over till you die of HPB. Bro she’s not the only woman in the world o, there are still good women out there o. A word is enough for the wise.
If no be lockdown, I for say make we lap for one genuine hotel for Abuja. You deserve a good treat.
Thank you for speaking my mind.

Op is a very good man. If my woman gives me problem which I consider unbearable, I will end the marriage and remarry 6 months later.

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by UKBobo(m): 6:14pm On May 05, 2020

I am tired and exhausted. I do not know what to do anymore. I am 42, I was diagnosed of high blood pressure 2 years ago.[/quote]

There are some men who are unaware of the effects of a bad woman on the health of a man. Honestly, this is a lesson ohhh. Choose wisely and take your time. Better to wait and remove foot from hot water than be sitting in it daily.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Shegzy8(m): 6:14pm On May 05, 2020
dview001:
You prayed and cried?...God what have men turned to? undecided

Stay there o, let her kill you .At your tender age you've already been diagnosed of hbp .

A woman that can stay months without talking to you can poison you. Men wake up ! If a woman should play Catwoman then you play James bond. Be Alpha . Take the redpill I beg you
It's quite unfortunate what so many men have turned into. Some even quoted him telling him to manage, that they are going through same , some even said his own is worse than that of the op.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by DateMynd44(m): 6:14pm On May 05, 2020
faithfull18:

You can always contact us to get your data at affordable prices wink
hi dear kindly give me 1gb for 300 pls.
At least subtract just 100 naira cos I'm also a customer cool tho not regularly.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 05, 2020
Men sabi marry some kind wife oh. Seriously.
I thank God for my life. I've squandered millions on jolly jolly and learning-by-sampling. Sometimes I feel bad about that, but when I remember all I've learnt in the 'field', I am thankful and have no regrets.

There are some things you can't teach a man. You 'garra' learn by yourself by being out there and doing all that. It's easier to learn when you're relatively young and single with some money to play around with. If you're a young guy coming up and you get a job or make some money and then you tie yourself down with one useless girlfriend or wife before you learn the truth about women, you will never learn these things and your fate would be exactly the same as the OP of this thread. It keeps happening and would always continue happening because mugu guys like this are uncountable.

3 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by nervorum: 6:17pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

God hates divorce.

Have you tried Jesus? If you make your ways right with him, he is able to sort the storm of your marriage.

Trust me, no one else has experienced exactly what you're passing thru to qualify advising you. Turn your life to God, let him sort this mess.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by DateMynd44(m): 6:17pm On May 05, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold:

100%
mumu. But if it was the other way round ie assuming the op was a lady complaining of her husband's character u would have ill advise her to divorce him.
I don't know why you're this dumb.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Ingriid(f): 6:17pm On May 05, 2020
Sir, I’m so sorry about what u going through. Pls why did u marry this woman in the first place? To say the truth, this woman never loved u from d beginning, it’s either she married u out of pity or age was no longer on her side. With all what u said it’s so shocking to me u still went ahead to wife her.
My advice: Don’t expect so much from her cos she doesn’t dig u, keep praying to God for ur health and pls make urself happy in any way u can. May u find happiness and peace of mind soon. Stay blessed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by DateMynd44(m): 6:18pm On May 05, 2020
Ingriid:
Sir, I’m so sorry about what u going through. Pls why did u marry this woman in the first place? To say the truth, this woman never loved u from d beginning, it’s either she married u out of pity or age was no longer on her side. With all what u said it’s so shocking to me u still went ahead to wife her.
My advice: Don’t expect so much from her cos she doesn’t dig u, keep praying to God for ur health and pls make urself happy in any way u can. May u find happiness and peace of mind soon. Stay blessed.
ingrid33 is this you? Been a while dear.
How have you been?
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by lacreamzy(f): 6:19pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by bigcee(m): 6:20pm On May 05, 2020
lighternote:
NARCISSISTIC WIFE shocked shocked
OP, SHE WILL NEVER CHANGE. MAKE A RUN, NOW!

Check out these links. Sounds familiar? undecided

https://blog.usejournal.com/i-was-married-to-a-narcissist-for-12-years-and-i-had-no-idea-3398b7b15c45

Check this video, explicit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKxtuFEcm7I

God bless. Exactly what i'm saying.

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by GODWIN78(m): 6:21pm On May 05, 2020
My bro you don,t need people,s advice b4 you japa,live the house for her go and marry and don,t go for most of this sister sister thing,s 80% are green snake under a green grass,lifve is too short,to live unhappy every day.finaly the worst mistake a man can make in life is geting married to the wrong wife.

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Bimpe29: 6:22pm On May 05, 2020
My apt and candid advice is to walk away from this marriage.

Perhaps, she may be remorseful and turn a new leaf.

Your life is precious and has no duplicate.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by faithfull18(f): 6:22pm On May 05, 2020
DateMynd44:
hi dear kindly give me 1gb for 300 pls.
At least subtract just 100 naira cos I'm also a customer cool tho not regularly.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 05, 2020
Marriage wahala...we dey here dey observe
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by 247man: 6:24pm On May 05, 2020
bukatyne:

You realize that the error is all yours for not choosing well.

For that, you are half way there.

You mentioned that you married in the Church: brother you know that except adultery and I will say abuse, you can't divorce your wife.

You have tried counseling, reporting her to family etc. etc. and it has not worked.

Now, I want you to try changing your reaction to her attitude. You have been married long enough to 'predict' her actions/inactions.

She forgot your birthday, fine. Celebrate yourself. Go out with the kids, go out with your friends etc.

She tries to keep malice, apologize and move on.

I know it is hard, it is abnormal even however you need to build a shield in your heart so that her attitude doesn't get to you anymore.

Don't beg or cajole her to 'change' or 'be better' or whatever: you are telling her that she has power over you.

Thank God finances are not a thing: treat your self, go on vacations, do the certifications or courses you wanted to. Channel your emotions into the things you have always wanted to do, pick up new hobbies, go to gym and workout youf frustrations etc.

And prayers work: if not for her to change, for you to be whole mentally and emotionally.

It is well.

Until one day she kills him in his sleep
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by afecgivers: 6:25pm On May 05, 2020
My friend you complain too much, you are the problem of that woman, nobody on earth likes it when you involve third party in your relationship. If I may ask, when last did you take that woman and her children out, show her the same old love.

Love has the power to change the devil's heart. Practice gifting, stop broadcasting her or always looking for her family members to complained to. You have your own problem or I call it shortcoming.

Believe in her strength and weakness, forgive her from your heart. Hence you said money is not your problem, use the money to change her status, if she is not working, please establish her on the business she really wanted.

God help us all. Happy birthday on her behalf you know thinking about this COVID 19 can make one forget own date of birth. Heart attack loading, and make yourself happy bro.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Talib2803: 6:27pm On May 05, 2020
Bros, with due respect sir, you said you were diagnosed HBP 2 years ago.
I must say your still being alive with that kind of woman in your house is by GOD'S infinite grace.
If u know u want to live longer, pls find your way out of that marriage.
Flee from the marriage sharp sharp,because if u die today, she will move on with her life.

3 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by DateMynd44(m): 6:29pm On May 05, 2020
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by faithfull18(f): 6:30pm On May 05, 2020
DateMynd44:
deal?
No.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by besttbabe1(f): 6:31pm On May 05, 2020
Sir Tune in to max fm by 10pm. Thank me after you are happy.

I don't work there, still job hunting.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by SwissGeneva(m): 6:31pm On May 05, 2020
It's truly rear to see BENUE girls behave this way... Especially the Idoma, they are a rear GEM angry tongue
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Ambber(f): 6:32pm On May 05, 2020
Don’t manage to your grave, set both of you free

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Freeeanijor: 6:32pm On May 05, 2020
I'd advise you go seek out the help of a therapist not for your wife but for you, believe me you need to save you from yourself. You are the one that has psychological issues not her because I don't see any reason a man with value would put up with such an unrepentant selfish character like her for a wife.

There's no problem without solution, go get the help of a psychologist.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Toks2008(m): 6:32pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

She will out grow it.
Just continue to be nice and forget divorce for the sake of the kids.

See bro. No marriage is perfect. You can marry another lady and reAlize that her own wahala is a child's play.
Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

I am tired and exhausted. I do not know what to do anymore. I am 42, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure 2 years ago.

.since you have been diagnosed with high bp. The next thing is to have a stroke just because of love from one olosho who is supported by her pastor Father. If you die she will marry another person. Keep enduring her nonsense till you die of a heart attack.....RIP in advance..
My bro, there is more to it than the story you narrated. There is no smoke without a fire.

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 05, 2020
noakchukibadan:
Hello,

OTHER INFORMATION.

uncle!!

Divorce her asap. She cannot change. Your happiness is important. She also doesn't love you.

But I like to hear her side of the story.

Martinez39 Greatresearcher1 Kennedyiheme02 and co.

This is one of the few cases I support the man, he is the only one in his marriage. He cannot be trying alone

1 Like

Re: Time To Divorce My Wife? by lozanni(m): 6:34pm On May 05, 2020
There is an Igbo saying that says: you went to five different markets and fought in all five of them, is it the market people who are the trouble makers or yourself?
The fact that your wife was not in speaking terms with her senior ones or junior siblings or even her relatives should have been a red flag warning to you that she is a difficult person.
Save your life first, at least for the benefit of your children

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply)

My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife / I Saw This On My Wife's Phone.....should I Be Worried? / Guy Shares Pics With Cousin & People Are Reacting With The Way He Is Holding Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.