Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) (94979 Views)

In The End...The Beginning (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / THE BACHELORS.(Sex was only the beginning)-18+ / In The Billionaire's Bed By Wunmiade16 Is A Plagiarized Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by KaideeGee(m): 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
genius43:
The painful part is there is someone out there plagiarizing, Plagiarized.

Nice job silver1996
grin Silver go swear for that kind person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by KaideeGee(m): 2:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
Boss silver this story take style resemble non-fiction sha.

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Lakesc: 4:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
Thanks Mr Silver... Why to i feel this story is rather personal sir? PLAGAIRISM IS A CRIME AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW...

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Thebigdream: 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2020
People get mind o

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by showgoeson: 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
I've been waiting for this story..., this is really nice but it seem more personal than just a fiction.

Just a thought.

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Gbest90(m): 6:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
Lakesc:
Why to i feel this story is rather personal sir?

I don't its personal. Plagiarism a trending vice and crime which depicts wickedness. For it to stop someone has to TALK about it. And this definitely is a positive step in the right direction.

2 Likes

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by enirock(m): 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
genius43:

Nice job silver1996

Though serious and the truth, it made me smile

3 Likes

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by kelvyncruz: 9:57pm On Jun 06, 2020
Samuel the thief and bad guy, your cup will soon full

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by ABCthings: 11:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
Ayanfe29:
Thanks for the update.

Silver1996, this story, especially chapter two, has really got me thinking. Isn't there a way the MODs of this forum can help you guys with copyright claim or something. For example, when someone wants to copy what he didn't post originally, he would be redirected to the original poster to request for permission or something like that.

I really feel sad when people steal intellectual properties.

Keep up the good work. Remember, no killy killy in this one o...
If it's Nairaland then forget it. Your request has been buried on arrival.

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Khriztarl(f): 12:27am On Jun 07, 2020
Even if PHCN Swr say, dem no go give me light. I go still find wey read palgiarized.

SILVER1996, this book is a hit. I hope there's actually a way of tackling "palgiarizing" issue on Nairaland.
wait a minute, can someone please mention me on tamara. I have to read that ejoor, before susan and anita would be talking and shut me out.

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by anneboy02(m): 6:00am On Jun 07, 2020
Oga silver failed to mention me but God for Nairaland dat didn't fail to notify me

Nice story let me just predict small Samuel will kill susan and that will bring out the demon in susan just my thought

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by JerryOJerry6429: 7:52am On Jun 07, 2020
showgoeson:
I've been waiting for this story..., this is really nice but it seem more personal than just a fiction.

Just a thought.
I don't think is personal

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Khriztarl(f): 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
anneboy02:
Oga silver failed to mention me but God for Nairaland dat didn't fail to notify me

You serve a living God, dear. grin

2 Likes

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Khriztarl(f): 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
anneboy02:
Oga silver...

Nice story let me just predict small Samuel will kill susan and that will bring out the demon in susan just my thought

Do you mean...
samuel will attempt to kill susan? Or ...

2 Likes

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Khriztarl(f): 3:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
kelvyncruz:
Samuel the thief and bad guy, your cup will soon full
cheesy They have started taking sides already ni.

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Khriztarl(f): 3:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
ABCthings:
why

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by sly12345: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
Why am I seeing death everywhere in the story wink

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Ayanfe29(f): 8:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
ABCthings:

Hmmm... it's well

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 12:35am On Jun 08, 2020
PLAGIARIZED
EPISODE 3
EPISODE TITLE- Sleeping paralysis

One side of the earpiece fell from Anita's ears as she bow down to pick the broom from the floor.., she took it up and sweep out the little sand from the floor, packed it and dumped it on the waste bin before she reach for her phone on the bed.., she scrolled to her Facebook notification, tap on few of them, before she open the WPS office on her phone to continue writing the last episode of Tamara, earlier on she had check her nairaland thread for comments, after so many pleads to upload the last episode already, she decided to write it..

She sat still for a while thinking of what to write next, just when she placed her fingers on her phone keypad to type, a knock came on the door.., she sluggishly stood up and move towards the open door.., she shift the curtain aside, a smile bloom on her face when she saw Henry..., she wasn't smiling because it was him, she smiled because she remembered the name Susan calls him...AGAMA..

"How are you..?"Henry asked, his smile slipping with his words..

"I'm fine o..."Anita replied..."You came to see us today..."

Henry chuckle.."I'm always asking about you.., you can ask Susan..."

Anita smiled and pave the way for him to walk in..

"Is Susan home..?"Henry ask walking in..

"She'll soon be back..."Anita said..."She went out to get some things from the store a few walks from here..."

"Oh..,okay...."Henry said sitting on the only chair in the room.."So how have you been..?"

"Well you've seen me.."Anita replied with a shrug..."I'm very okay, na just money we dey find.."

Henry laughed.."Who isn't looking for money...?"

"I don't think some people are o.., the way some people spend money, one will think they don't need it.."

Henry laugh..."Exactly.., I was even watching a video yesterday, a boy was spraying dollars in a swimming pool.."

"Can you imagine..."Anita said before she went down to sit on the bed...."And so many people are out there suffering, begging for what to eat on daily basis.."

"It's the world we live in dear.., we have the haves and the have nots...., the decisions we make will determine if we'll cross to any of the elements.."

Anita sigh..."Is still not right you know..., if every rich man helps one poor man, the world will be a better place.. "

Henry laugh..."Who will start first....., sometimes the reason why most rich people don't help anyone is because of what they've been through in the past..."

"Yeah, but sometimes we should look beyond our past and do some good.."

"And sometimes people tend to use that good against us.., the world we are is a wicked world.., who you help today will seek your downfall tomorrow..."

Anita sigh..."It's true though..., but that doesn't change the fact that whoever is blessed is blessed to bless others..."

"I agree with you.."Henry said.."But like I said, the heart of man is desperately wicked and evil.., no one knows what they think.., many men that has fallen from the top of the ladder today were once givers, but their good deeds were used against them ..."

"So are you saying we shouldn't help other after we've been blessed...?"

"No Anita, what I'm driving out is far from your question.., you can help but also be prayerful.., the same God said not everyone who say my father my father will make heaven same way not everyone who rejoice with you have your good interests at heart...., Givers never lack but the bible also said pray without season...."

Anita inhale and keep her phone aside.."A few days back I was pondering over something.., i was just strolling through my facebook group post and a girl post a question to the house.., she said she's been pressed in her sleep almost every night and because of it, she barely sleeps.., she then added that the bible said pray for your enemies.., she was asking if she should pray for the enemy that keeps pressing her every night..., so many people gave their replies but since then I've been pondering over it.., exactly what kind of prayer should you pray for such person since the bible said pray for your enemies..?"

Henry heaved in a deep breathe and refocus his gaze on Anita....."Yes, the bible said pray for your enemies but the bible didn't specify the kind of prayers to pray..., I read a christian book a few days ago and there was something the author wrote that really got me thinking.., the author said.., there are different forms of prayers for our enemies..., he said there are enemies you know and there are the ones you don't know.., there are some enemies you pray a prayer of forgiveness for, while there are some you pray a prayer of condemnation for.., and in that case you just presented.., such enemies needs a prayer of condemnation....."

Anita flex her fingers and lean her back on the wall..."I read a book online few days ago on the mystery behind getting pressed at night..., the author said it's sleeping paralysis and not a demonic attack as people tag it..."

"Yes, I think I came across something like that during a research, sleeping paralysis is when you can't move your body, you remain frozen and you begin to see things that aren't there.."

"Yeah..., but is it really true.., is it sleeping paralysis or a demonic attack..?"

"Well.., you know we Africans tends to believe whatever crises we're facing is as a result of demonic attack..., it could be sleeping paralysis but then I ask myself, why do people sleep and never wake up..., what's the reason behind it.. ?"

"This world is a mystery..."Anita said..."One can never understand it..."

"Exactly.., the reason behind getting pressed at night, I can't really tell if it's sleeping paralysis or a demonic attack..."

"What are you people saying..?"Susan chime in from outside before she walked into the room..."There's nothing like sleeping paralysis o.., it's witches and wizards...."

"Have you been listening all along..?"Anita asked as Susan walked towards the kitchen to drop the things she bought..

"I just overheard it.."Susan said...."There's nothing like sleeping paralysis, it's witches and wizards who pressed people at night.."She reiterated ..

"It could be sleeping paralysis..."Henry said..

"Anita do you remember what I told you about that my neighbour in the village...?"Susan ask holding her waist..

"The one who you said always press you at night.."

"Exactly.."Susan replied sharpily with a snap of her finger before she turned her gaze to Henry..."That girl was always pressing me at night.., until that fateful night that I saw her face.., I was really angry that I couldn't wait for morning to come before I went to her house.., I warned her, told her the next time she dares try to come to my house to press me will be her last..., if she thinks she's a witch, who I carry is the head of all principalities and powers.., since then I've never experience that., so forget this things you people are saying..., it's witches and wizards that are on operation when someone experience that"

"Wait..."Henry said, a chuckle escaping his lips.."You really went to your neighbour's house to warn her..?"

"Yes o..., I was really pissed.."

"Didn't she deny it..?"Henry ask with a shrug

"She did but it wasn't my business, as long as I saw her face.., she's the one..., the issue escalated in our community then.., our village leader had to summon my father to elders meeting to resolve the issue, but the good news is, I was never attacked again.."

"So that means she's actually the one who was behind it..?"

"Exactly..."Susan said before sitting beside Anita on the bed.

"The world is something else.."Anita said..."Some people will just hate you for no just reason..."

"Like I said earlier Anny, the heart of man is desperately wicked and evil.."

"People are very wicked..."Susan interjects..."One just have to be careful the company he keeps..."

"So what did you go out to get...?"Henry ask.."I've been waiting here for a while.."

"I went out to get some foodstuffs to cook.."

"Wow, you want to cook.., what do you want to cook..?"

"Abeg your mouth nor join.."Susan said and they all burst into laughter..

After a sniff, Samuel gulp down a bit of the exotic fruit juice he had bought few moments ago from a nearby store.., he pick up his phone and open his blog.., he search for views and comments.., he smile to himself when he notice his blog was having a little traffic..., soon enough he'll start making good money from the stories and other plagiarized articles he got from the internet...

When the door open, he shift his gaze to the door but quickly refocus on his phone when he realise it was Festus..

"Sammy..."Festus said crunching beside him..."Please I really need your help..."

"If it's money, I don't have.."Samuel said shapily..

Festus lips purse before he opened his mouth to talk...."I just need 2k to add to the money on me.., I promise I'll pay you back before the week ends.."

Samuel raise his gaze to face him..."The 1k you borrowed from me last week, have you paid back..?"

"Haba, nor be dash you dash me that one.."

"Dash kee you dia.."Samuel riposte looking back at his phone...

"Okay.., everything will be 3k then.."

"I don't have money Festus..."

"Guy na.., just yesterday you were giving 10k..., and I know you have more than that in your account..."

"So I should be spending it on unnecessary things..."

"Are you calling me unnecessary..?"

"I'm saying the things you do with the money are unnecessary.., the 1k you borrowed and the ones you've been borrowing before then, what have you been doing with them.., you play bet9ja and baba Ijebu lotto.., guy nor disturb me, I nor get money....."

"Guy, I'm not asking for much.., I'm just asking for 2k, I swear I'll pay back before the week ends.."

"I don't have.."Samuel said..

"Sammy, na me o.."

Samuel didn't bother replying, instead he stare at the number of one of his client that was calling his phone.., he hesitated a bit before he answered the call..

"Good evening sir.."Samuel said the moment the call connected..

"Samuel.."An almost baritone voice sounded from the other end...

"Sir..."He answered sluggishly..

There was silence before the callers voice came again.."Do you remenber that story you sold to me...?"

Samuel nibbed as he try to recall the story he sold to him.."Yes sir.."

"Well, we're almost at the verge of putting it in screen.."The caller said.."But the issue is, one of my cast for the script read it and she told me the story look like the exact story her younger sister wrote..."

Samuel's mouth dropped and he quickly glance at Festus...

"She asked me for your number with intentions of asking you where you got the story from...."The caller continue.."But I didn't give her, I wanted to hear from you first since you're a writer too..., is the story truly yours or you plagiarized it...?"

PLAGIARIZED....

The story continues......

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 12:54am On Jun 08, 2020
enirock:
But how do writers here checkmate their stories being used inappropriately or stolen? Does citing copyright laws protect their works from infringement Silver?

This question came about as a result of episode 2. But people get mind ooo
How do you owe someone 3k ND purchase a bag of 12k and how can one sleep knowing that what he is selling, Is not actually his and he fills no remorse or guilt?

Thanks Silver. We still craving more
I don't think nairaland officials have set any laws in place to protect the writer's work, whatever you write here is at your own discretion
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 12:55am On Jun 08, 2020
Ann2012:
This is exactly what is happening, a writer takes his time to be creative and write a story, only for another person to copy it and take the credit for a story that's not theirs.....u better change, take permission and acknowledge the writer if you're granted the opportunity to copy their stories, it's not easy if not we all would have been writers.....

Well done OP
You've said it all dear

2 Likes

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 12:56am On Jun 08, 2020
Ayanfe29:
Thanks for the update.

Silver1996, this story, especially chapter two, has really got me thinking. Isn't there a way the MODs of this forum can help you guys with copyright claim or something. For example, when someone wants to copy what he didn't post originally, he would be redirected to the original poster to request for permission or something like that.

I really feel sad when people steal intellectual properties.

Keep up the good work. Remember, no killy killy in this one o...
Ya no killy killy
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 12:57am On Jun 08, 2020
genius43:

Nice job silver1996
Please if you find this out, kindly report
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 12:59am On Jun 08, 2020
Adekunlated:
Wow this is so accurate, whoever does this should please desist from it or Gods wrath will come upon you
Exactly

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 1:03am On Jun 08, 2020
purity23:
Thanks for the update dear
you welcome
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 1:05am On Jun 08, 2020
KaideeGee:
Boss silver this story take style resemble non-fiction sha.
It's 99 percent fiction bro
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 1:05am On Jun 08, 2020
showgoeson:

Just a thought.
It isn't personal
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 1:07am On Jun 08, 2020
Khriztarl:
Even if PHCN Swr say, dem no go give me light. I go still find wey read palgiarized.

SILVER1996, this book is a hit. I hope there's actually a way of tackling "palgiarizing" issue on Nairaland.
wait a minute, can someone please mention me on tamara. I have to read that ejoor, before susan and anita would be talking and shut me out.
And I fink say na only my area nor dey get light grin
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 1:07am On Jun 08, 2020
anneboy02:

Hmm smiley

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Lakesc: 6:34am On Jun 08, 2020
Thanks Mr Silver.. Samuel is something else oh and susan hav falling in luv for henry "the agama".

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Adekunlated: 7:19am On Jun 08, 2020
It's not sleeping paralysis, it's witchcraft.

I'm loving Susan's personality cheesy

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by OPC90(m): 7:25am On Jun 08, 2020
Hahahaga
Water don pass garri
Let me see what OGA will do.
Thanks dear

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply)

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.