Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations (61815 Views)

Atlantic Hotel Sacks Worker For Reporting Attempted Rape By Indian Boss / Wells Carlton Hotel Celebrates Members Of Staff For Hardwork And Devotion / Wells Carlton Hotel Spotlights Ezenwoye, Others For Exceptional Service Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by mechanics(m): 4:33pm On May 04, 2020
Eyah, no more patronage as before, they shouldn't have sack them but they should have just placed them on no salaries so when things are normal they will resume their normal duties, I know it won't be easy for them maintaining the edifice and at the same time paying staff salaries at this critical time.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by tammie24: 4:35pm On May 04, 2020
egojeny1:

Food business is no 1 if not the best business one can venture in because people eat every day.
See how people that are into it are cashing out every day since this covid 19.
aswear
I wish I know how to go about it sef

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by ajailer(m): 4:35pm On May 04, 2020
d hotel was shutdown....dat means all men got sacked. o pari
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Ericnrm(m): 4:36pm On May 04, 2020
Orion01:
This one na hotel abi na building with shops undecided

Keep quiet if you don't have anything reasonable to contribute. If you've ever crossed the doors of that building you won't be saying this trash. undecided

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by ladyF(f): 4:36pm On May 04, 2020
This FG that is mandating people not to sack workers when their businesses are struggling, are they going to offer any form of palliative or their own is just to make unrealistic demands?
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Blackfire(m): 4:37pm On May 04, 2020
Mumu govt shouting we are ready for coronavirus if it come to Nigeria, now the pandemic is here taking lives and livelihood, yet the mumu govt is still confuse.

Anyway I did not vote for this govt.

2 Likes

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by GreenArrow1(m): 4:37pm On May 04, 2020
michlins:
If I survive this 2020, nothing will scare me again in life.

It has been one hell of scary ride for me personally

You and me both. Very anyhow year so far.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by ObongawanAKS(f): 4:41pm On May 04, 2020
[b][/b]
michlins:

You'll surely survive it.
God's got your back bro, brace up!!!
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by seedorfg(m): 4:41pm On May 04, 2020
Being at home since morning after washing my cloths, I just lay down on my room floor with my two eyes opened, thinking when the thunderstorm will vanish. My parent my sibling, my family, friends and love ones, mehnn it all scared the hell out of me. Can even burst of 10k to support my parent in this trying times. I lay down running my head on how to get through with this, how to survive this trying time we are. Though am staying alone but still everybody's feeling the heat, and I had to go out to work this night, else one is written letter to hunger, and covid19 is outside too, upon all, am on fasting too. May Allah the Almighty, the most high, the exalted in might,the forgiver, the all known and the merciful come to our aide in this most hard time we are.

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 04, 2020
serverconnect:
Ooh many job will be lost and investment close down after this pandemic.

Things will never be the same after this pandemic. We need to brace up.

We had series of senior management meetings today in my office where we were discussing restructuring (definitely there will be layoffs). The junior staff are still home as we told them we will let them know when it's decided to resume. Sadly that's the situation lots of companies face today. I am not happy letting workers go but sometimes you need to take tough decisions for the survival of the company

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by SmartMen: 4:43pm On May 04, 2020
michlins:

Stay strong brother, we are all in this together

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by lagdmark(m): 4:45pm On May 04, 2020
Blackfire:
Mumu govt shouting we are ready for coronavirus if it come to Nigeria, now the pandemic is here taking lives and livelihood, yet the mumu govt is still confuse.

Anyway I did not vote for this govt.
It seems your are totally cut off from the world, otherwise, if you're aware of the global impact of the pandemic you wouldn't comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Aystarz: 4:47pm On May 04, 2020
Mizwisdom:
This is only the beginning of several job losses. Some lazy people don't want lockdown to end forgetting that there will be irreversible damage to the economy

Trust me, economic damage wouldn't matter to you when you're on the threshold of death, gasping for breath....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by okewumi: 4:50pm On May 04, 2020
akinjojo1234:

Things will never be the same after this pandemic. We need to brace up.

We had series of senior management meetings today in my office where we were discussing restructuring (definitely there will be layoffs). The junior staff are still home as we told them we will let them know when it's decided to resume. Sadly that's the situation lots of companies face today. I am not happy letting workers go but sometimes you need to take tough decisions for the survival of the company

soo sad.
Do you know numbers of employee that have received their letter as we speak. Not everybody can start typing on Nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Mizwisdom(f): 4:51pm On May 04, 2020
seedorfg:
Being at home since morning after washing my cloths, I just lay down on my room floor with my two eyes opened, thinking when the thunderstorm will vanish. My parent my sibling, my family, friends and love ones, mehnn it all scared the hell out of me. Can even burst of 10k to support my parent in this trying times. I lay down running my head on how to get through with this, how to survive this trying time we are. Though am staying alone but still everybody's feeling the heat, and I had to go out to work this night, else one is written letter to hunger, and covid19 is outside too, upon all, am on fasting too. May Allah the Almighty, the alpha and omega, the most high, the forgiver, the all known and the merciful come to our aide in this most hard time we are.

Where in the Koran is Allah referred to as "Alpha and Omega"?
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by drakeli: 4:52pm On May 04, 2020
Some of you mocking the US for the high number of people losing their job and millions applying for unemployment benefits. Now which unemployment benefits program are the millions of Nigerians that have lost their job due to covid 19 apply to now? Too bad Nigeria does not have one. Everyone on their own.

Maybe the US should be mocking Nigeria too right now.
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Mizwisdom(f): 4:53pm On May 04, 2020
Aystarz:

Trust me, economic damage wouldn't matter to you when you're on the threshold of death, gasping for breath....

Just shut up! Ask yourself what happened in Africa during the Spanish flu? don't quote me senselessly
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Akaegwu(m): 4:55pm On May 04, 2020
You will certainly survive.
michlins:

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Aystarz: 4:55pm On May 04, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Just shut up! Ask yourself what happened in Africa during the Spanish flu? don't quote me senselessly

Childish much. grin

You wanna die of Coronavirus? Hey! It's out there waiting with open arms. Who am I to stop you? At least the economy would mourn you . grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by MEGA4BILLION(m): 4:58pm On May 04, 2020
Anti-Atiku ranters please there is mass sacking. Come and rant
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by DateMynd44(m): 5:01pm On May 04, 2020
michlins:

worst year ever thru out my twenty nine years on earth.

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Sardauna24(m): 5:02pm On May 04, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Sardauna24, that slowpoke would now start talking Jack........ cheesy
Your sack letter is sure idiot,the most gullible dullard of our time
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by IamgratefulLord(f): 5:03pm On May 04, 2020
michlins:

You will survive in Jesus name, Amen! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by DateMynd44(m): 5:07pm On May 04, 2020
enemyofprogress:
Seu.n when will you lay off lalasti.clala. Ishilove, Myn.d44, Do.minique and other moderators? Their work dey hungry me
Ishilove wey dem been sack teh teh because she been lack respect towards constituted authority
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Lexusgs430: 5:08pm On May 04, 2020
Sardauna24:
Your sack letter is sure idiot,the most gullible dullard of our time

You got your more educated friend to start replying for you now.......

Nice to have educated friends....... wink

2 Likes

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by DateMynd44(m): 5:09pm On May 04, 2020
egojeny1:

Food business is no 1 if not the best business one can venture in because people eat every day.
See how people that are into it are cashing out every day since this covid 19.
gluttonous fellow spotted. cool
Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by DateMynd44(m): 5:10pm On May 04, 2020
Risentouch:
We were hearing vision 2020 then and never knew what it could be.
It means the world being reshaped.
exactly.
Some people saw this coming but we saw it in a good and positive light.

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by DateMynd44(m): 5:11pm On May 04, 2020
goldensoul55:

2020 is moimoi

The one that is more deadly is yet to come . Brace up grin
sharap

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 04, 2020
michlins:

said so during SARS and Ebola, if there is anything life has taught me, its...smile the worst is yet to come.

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by kizwid(m): 5:15pm On May 04, 2020
seedorfg:
Being at home since morning after washing my cloths, I just lay down on my room floor with my two eyes opened, thinking when the thunderstorm will vanish. My parent my sibling, my family, friends and love ones, mehnn it all scared the hell out of me. Can even burst of 10k to support my parent in this trying times. I lay down running my head on how to get through with this, how to survive this trying time we are. Though am staying alone but still everybody's feeling the heat, and I had to go out to work this night, else one is written letter to hunger, and covid19 is outside too, upon all, am on fasting too. May Allah the Almighty, the most high, the exalted in might,the forgiver, the all known and the merciful come to our aide in this most hard time we are.
amin brother.. we shall overcome this time inn sha Allah

1 Like

Re: Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 04, 2020
Enter the death of hospitality, it will only be available for the elites.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Joel Ele-Ojo Adams Receives Queen Of England Honour. Breaks 102-Year-Old Record / Woman & Lawyer Dad Recreate Childhood Picture With Dad After She's Called To Bar / Oluwatobi Al-Bakare Becomes Second Lieutenant Of US Army, Husband Celebrates Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.