Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

What's The Benefit Of Private Transformer? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Benefit Of Private Transformer? (1206 Views)

Students Seen Climbing Transformer Fence In A Bid To Cross Flood / North West Has The Least Number Of Private Universities - NUC / The Agony Of Private School Teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Benefit Of Private Transformer? by tellsblinks(m): 8:22am On May 04, 2020
while strolling one evening I noticed something in my street, as small as the street is thier are not less than 6 private transformers with a general one that we all use.

I observed the high tension producing the light to the transformers and noticed that the same line that enters the general transformers also goes to the private transformers

I thought to myself if so then what's the need?? when at the end of everything we would all suffer the effect of no electricity.

when I was younger I also thought that buying a transformer means no more nepa bill. but I saw organization paying millions as nepa bill even when they have thier own transformer

please I really want to ask, what's the work of a transformer??

do public transformers have a remote control switch on them that nepa office use to on and off it when they like? Or do they off the high tension carrying light to that area?

do all transformers on the same high tension cable have the same light?
Re: What's The Benefit Of Private Transformer? by Akunwafor(m): 9:06am On May 04, 2020
It's basically your own transformer, your own load.

You still pay bills but you are not burdened with stories of low current or faulty transformer or no light because a fuse has to be changed bla bla.

It's the same electricity feeding the other transformer that will also feed your personal transformer. If nepa take light, you sef no go get light.
Re: What's The Benefit Of Private Transformer? by economia1: 1:21pm On May 04, 2020
Akunwafor:

You still pay bills but you are not burdened with stories of low current or faulty transformer or no light because a fuse has to be changed bla bla.

good

can one use prepaid and get normal charges like without a private transformer?
Re: What's The Benefit Of Private Transformer? by Akunwafor(m): 1:30pm On May 04, 2020
economia1:

good

can one use prepaid and get normal charges like without a private transformer?

Billing does not change, if you can afford a private transformer then you should be able to buy a prepaid meter.

E no go make sense make you buy transformer still dey use ordinary meter wey go dey bring estimate come.
Re: What's The Benefit Of Private Transformer? by tellsblinks(m): 2:03pm On May 04, 2020
Akunwafor:

It's the same electricity feeding the other transformer that will also feed your personal transformer. If nepa take light, you sef no go get light.

nawa oh... e no come make sense na

why would I use huge sum of money to buy transformer then still pay nepa bill untop, upon that me and normal people go de use the same light

I see no need
Re: What's The Benefit Of Private Transformer? by Akunwafor(m): 2:14pm On May 04, 2020
tellsblinks:

why would I use huge sum of money to buy transformer then still pay nepa bill untop, upon that me and normal people go de use the same light

I see no need

First of all, if you have the money, it's not a big issue to buy a transformer.

Then the problem of over loading a transformer does not apply to you which in turn means that your transformer will break down less often.

Just think about all the problems of a spoilt transformer that has ever happened on your street and then think about how long it took to get fixed, always contributing money to fix a faulty transformer Etc.

I would own one if I can.
Re: What's The Benefit Of Private Transformer? by tellsblinks(m): 2:26pm On May 04, 2020
Akunwafor:

First of all, if you have the money, it's not a big issue to buy a transformer.

Then the problem of over loading a transformer does not apply to you which in turn means that your transformer will break down less often.

Just think about all the problems of a spoilt transformer that has ever happened on your street and then think about how long it took to get fixed, always contributing money to fix a faulty transformer Etc.

I would own one if I can.

my transformer last broke down almost 8years ago since then till now no complaint that warrants them coming to demand for money

surprisingly any small challenge is fixed without disturbing any body and it doesn't even last a day

the only problem we are facing is that nepa purposely don't like giving us light.
Re: What's The Benefit Of Private Transformer? by edoairways: 2:35pm On May 04, 2020
tellsblinks:

I see no need
Then ask for VIP line (33kva line)
Re: What's The Benefit Of Private Transformer? by edoairways: 2:43pm On May 04, 2020
The only issue I have with NEPA is

1 Like

Re: What's The Benefit Of Private Transformer? by tellsblinks(m): 2:51pm On May 04, 2020
edoairways:
Then ask for VIP line (33kva line)
does it come with extra charges? is it the one called federal line?
Re: What's The Benefit Of Private Transformer? by Akunwafor(m): 3:53pm On May 04, 2020
tellsblinks:

my transformer last broke down almost 8years ago since then till now no complaint that warrants them coming to demand for money

surprisingly any small challenge is fixed without disturbing any body and it doesn't even last a day

the only problem we are facing is that nepa purposely don't like giving us light.

Well then, you are left with the problem of load.

1 Like

Re: What's The Benefit Of Private Transformer? by edoairways: 6:00pm On May 04, 2020
tellsblinks:

does it come with extra charges? is it the one called federal line?
Yes it cost more, some persons call it federal line

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike Update: President Buhari And ASUU Are To Meet Today / Panic As Tansian University May Be Closed Down Over N2bn Debt / Lautech Merit Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.