Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves (78074 Views)

Man Commits Suicide In Kano Over Ex-wife’s Remarriage / COVID-19: Anxiety In Kaduna As More Residents ‘Return’ From Lagos / Anxiety In Edo Over Coronavirus Detection As Screening Begins At Benin Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by Kazim88: 1:39pm On May 04, 2020
Akaegwu:
I just understand one thing from all your replies. You are using your personal experience of not being helped when things wasn't working for for you. I didn't personally ask you for anything. But I keep replying to you to correct an impression that is inbuilt in your. That impression is who ever saked for help is lazy.. Try free you mind from such thinking. The information you posted here is basically from my earlier comments on a post this morning. In all my replies, I don't in any way insult your personality or asked anything whatsoever from you directly. Is very bad of you to insult me without being provoked in any way. All the same, good luck to you.

I did not insult you. One day you would remember this my long posts and realized I was really helpful. good bye and good luck also to you.
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:40pm On May 04, 2020
Sunshineg5:
You actually believe everyone in Lagos, Ogun, Kano and Abuja are indigenous to that state and don't have homes of family house elsewhere?

My own family travelled to another state and has remained caught up in the lockdown . That is different from somebody moving to another state because the one he or she presently resides and earns his living in is on a lockdown. Relocation is not an impromptu affairs unless for a normadic being like herdsmen and majority of the northerners down south without any tangible immovable assets.
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by modupeleke(f): 1:41pm On May 04, 2020
Hey! people can lie, in droves koh in airs nih, I am resident of Kano , but I didn't go out because I don't trust anybody, it is true that coro candidates are increasing in number daily , people here don't know is this virus is not the respector of anybody once you don't abide by its rule then you become it's candidate. may God continue to protect us all.
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by okefrancis: 1:47pm On May 04, 2020
Hmmmm,the COVID-19 wan finish people for Kano but I pray God take control and with the effort of Buhari/Osinbajo we will laugh last
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by Jizzle321(m): 1:47pm On May 04, 2020
Rexymania:
Coronavirus is killing them as a result of their dirtiness
My friend,i live in Kano,all this stories are false
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by TheRareGem1(f): 1:48pm On May 04, 2020
No country envisage this outbreak and since it has spread globally and recorded this many death with Nigeria inclusive, all we need do is follow the protocols laid down by the NCDC and according to the vice president, we will come out stronger.
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by Sunshineg5(m): 1:49pm On May 04, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

My own family travelled to another state and has remained caught up in the lockdown . That is different from somebody moving to another state because the one he or she presently resides and earns his living in is on a lockdown. Relocation is not an impromptu affairs unless for a normadic being like herdsmen and majority of the northerners down south without any tangible immovable assets.
Did I say people are relocating permanently?

is the lock down permanent?
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by Akaegwu(m): 1:50pm On May 04, 2020
You did insult me. I wasn't trained to be disrespectful to anyone no matter what
. Wish you all the best.
Kazim88:

I did not insult you. One day you would remember this my long posts and realized I was really helpful. good bye and good luck also to you.
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by mukthar2000(m): 1:53pm On May 04, 2020
Arrewa:
Another concocted story!

Where are the people leaving kano ancient city in droves??

Which kano are you talking about??

Is there another kano in Nigeria I don't know about??

Why do you guys derive joy in spreading falsehood??

This is the reason people keep calling me from different part of this country asking me what is happening in kano!!

Everybody that is not in kano now believes that Covid19 is killing hundreds in kano!!

Why do you people derive joy in posting fake news!!

Kano here, kano there!!

I'm here in kano... I have friends and family in almost every part of this state!!

Covid-19 is here in kano!! We are on lockdown!!

People are being tested!!

Stop spreading lies!! There's no anxiety in kano that is making people flee the city!!

Thank u brother, let them understand better and stop spreading fake news about kano, kano was even more peaceful than Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by Corroro: 2:03pm On May 04, 2020
Where are they leaving to?, Dem just wan put other people for wahala. They should stay home and watch movie or browse, if data na problem make dem dial *432# on Airtel to get enough data. This way we'll all be safe.
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by wadijoo: 2:05pm On May 04, 2020
Ganduje and People of Kano State should consult their Oracle may be it's the repercussion of what they did to former Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. Or Ganduje should has for forgiveness from Sanusi. This is not an ordinary because this was one of the major awareness Sanusi Lamido Sanusi always talked about during his time as Emir before his impeachment from the Emir throne.

Just a piece of advice, don't mind me.
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by wiseoneking: 2:15pm On May 04, 2020
Arrewa:
Another concocted story!

This is the reason people keep calling me from different part of this country asking me what is happening in kano!!

Everybody that is not in kano now believes that Covid19 is killing hundreds in kano!!

Kano here, kano there!!

I'm here in kano... I have friends and family in almost every part of this state!!

Stop spreading lies!! There's no anxiety in kano that is making people flee the city!!

I thought you live in the East since they are one set people that gives you sleepless night.
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by Flows001(m): 2:15pm On May 04, 2020
Makanakico:
Nairaland is becoming an engine of promoting hatred, bigotry, social unrest and it is becoming a threat to the national security, moderators are always looking for flaming concocted stories to push to front page in order to push their wretched agenda of dividing the country.

How can you say people are leaving Kano in droves when we are in the city and people are all going on with their affairs especially today when there is an ease of the lockdown, this is misinformation and a wicked attack to the image of Kano and Kano people.

Seun please do something as soon as possible before the situation goes out of hand. These days I am always promising myself not come back to Nairaland due to high amount of insults and hate speech direct towrds the North, Huasa people and Muslims, but I always end up coming back because of the familiarity with the platform.
Who cares whether you come to the platform or not?? undecided undecided undecided ur presence or absence has never been noticed so keep quiet!! If u don't believe me then avoid Nairaland for just 5months, come back again and you will be shocked at the number of followers it has attracted. I am also a Northerner but I don't take any online insult seriously...
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by Deputy1111(m): 2:16pm On May 04, 2020
Nigeria will surely come out strong.
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by robosky02(m): 2:24pm On May 04, 2020
Arrewa:
Another concocted story!

Kano here, kano there!!

Arewa how market

Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by AbuAeesha: 2:33pm On May 04, 2020
Arrewa:
Another concocted story!

Kano here, kano there!!

pls tell them o, sometimes u will see some news about Kano and u will be wondering if it's the same kano we are living.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by OgundeleTeju: 2:36pm On May 04, 2020
I am also optimistic that Nigeria will come out of this pandemic situation soon
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by Mbataku96(m): 2:42pm On May 04, 2020
sirblend:
Why is corona virus hitting APC states real hard?.

APC states have recorded more higher death rate than any other state..

What is really happening?.
It has come to depopulate the APC voters come 2023 elections
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by stevups(m): 3:12pm On May 04, 2020
Type532:
I really hope the prediction of Melinda gates doesn't come to pass in Kano.
When she spoke people thought she spit rubbish. Those people are aware that We don't follow instruction.
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by Kiezodumah(m): 3:25pm On May 04, 2020
When shehu sani said "if Kano ain't safe ,no where is", he was insulted and called all sorts on NL.
It stands to reason. You don't need to have a high IQ to decipher that. People would certainly begin to move out in numbers( especially @ night) to neighbouring states and beyond for safety. A country without secured inter state borders grin grin
They won't stay put and allow some strange illness kill them all.
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by maasoap(m): 3:43pm On May 04, 2020
Arrewa:
Another concocted story!
Kano here, kano there!!

May be people are not leaving kano in droves as reported in the news but hundreds of residents actually died in kano in the past three weeks. I watched the grave diggers lamenting on the cable TV.
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by maasoap(m): 3:52pm On May 04, 2020
Sunshineg5:
That is the problem of locking up one or few states while allowing other states to function to half or full capacity.

People will naturally run away from the locked down states to other free states, especially with the level of corruption within the Nigerian security forces that are supposed to enforce the lock down.

The Initial lock down actually aided the spread of the virus to other states of the federation as people tried to escape the restrictions to other states.

People who tried to escape the restrictions were the same people who would leave the States with the restrictions even if there wasn't any lockdown. Did you imagine someone living in Lagos, Ogun, fct, Osun, Rivers or Ekiti to leave just because those states wanted to lockdown? Where would they go? Those who escaped before or during the lockdown were the people who visited those areas temporarily, they were never residents of those states. You can't just wake up unplanned and pack your properties and family members saying that you are leaving the state where you work and reside just because of lockdown or restrictions
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by Chocolatesauce(f): 3:57pm On May 04, 2020
My brother the thing tire me oooo... sometimes I wonder if there's another Kano asides the Kano I'm living in.
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by CeCeEkol(f): 4:13pm On May 04, 2020
Arrewa:
Another concocted story!

Kano here, kano there!!

please keep spreading it, am not in Kano but the news i keep getting is driving me insane with fear and worry. so kano is cool right? not as the news say abi? God help us oo.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by Arrewa: 4:19pm On May 04, 2020
CeCeEkol:
please keep spreading it, am not in Kano but the news i keep getting is driving me insane with fear and worry. so kano is cool right? not as the news say abi? God help us oo.
the situation here is not as critical as the media is portraying it to the masses!!

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by Princemichael93: 4:54pm On May 04, 2020
Sunshineg5:
That is the problem of locking up one or few states while allowing other states to function to half or full capacity.

People will naturally run away from the locked down states to other free states, especially with the level of corruption within the Nigerian security forces that are supposed to enforce the lock down.

The Initial lock down actually aided the spread of the virus to other states of the federation as people tried to escape the restrictions to other states.

Why won't the number increase when some illiterate imams are busy preaching that there's no corona virus.
Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by Seun(m): 5:15pm On May 04, 2020
We need a national strategy for managing the disease. Interstate Movement restrictions
are not the answer. We have to monitor every major city or town in Nigeria and respond rapidly to test, isolate and treat people before they spread it further. This is not a Lagos problem, Abuja problem, or Kano problem. It’s a global problem which calls for a global strategy, but for political reasons the best we can do is to treat it as a national problem with a national solution. The idea that you can protect your state by blocking your border when people are dying in the next state is preposterous. It we are not monitoring all areas of the country simultaneously, the places we are not monitoring will become the next epicenters of the disease. The states claiming no confirmed cases today could be the next Kano in the next two weeks. Coronavirus does not respect our arbitrary geographical boundaries. We have to tackle it with a coherent and uniform national strategy.

3 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by CodeTemplar: 7:47pm On May 04, 2020
Seun:
We need a national strategy for managing the disease. Interstate Movement restrictions
are not the answer. We have to monitor every major city or town in Nigeria and respond rapidly to test, isolate and treat people before they spread it further. This is not a Lagos problem, Abuja problem, or Kano problem. It’s a global problem which calls for a global strategy, but for political reasons the best we can do is to treat it as a national problem with a national solution. The idea that you can protect your state by blocking your border when people are dying in the next state is preposterous. It we are not monitoring all areas of the country simultaneously, the places we are not monitoring will become the next epicenters of the disease. The states claiming no confirmed cases today could be the next Kano in the next two weeks. Coronavirus does not respect our arbitrary geographical boundaries. We have to tackle it with a coherent and uniform national strategy.
Nigeria isn't a united country like that. When it first hit Lagos they used a lost that favoured another region to share money out. That's what Nigeria is all about. Sharing of money!

The time lag this covid delay afforded us could have been used to prepare a lot of things like face masks production lines, Sanitizers, and bed spaces. Everybody is focused on how to get more Monet from Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Kano Over Continuing Deaths, People Leaving Ancient City In Droves by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 04, 2020
So because people speak the truth about the Northern born to rule leaders, Seun should shut or keep blocking people who generate cash for him, or he should block them because you're a woman, from Kano. If you don't like what you read, switch off to another. The northerners and their leaders are cruelty people. Face the truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kogi Hospital Where Snakes Chase Patients & Nurses Fetch Water From River / This Lady Was HIV Positive At 14, Her Looks At 22 Now (Photo) / Testing Kits Contaminated With Coronavirus As They Head To The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.