Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) (108166 Views)

Kogi, Lagos, Rivers Most Expensive States In Nigeria – NBS / Ebonyi State - The 7th Poorest State In Nigeria With 73.% Poverty Rate / Despite Fight, Corruption Still Thrives In Nigeria, NBS Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by totit: 6:24pm On May 04, 2020
Gabkosh:
This one strong o

Another one from international body in collaboration with NBS ;

https://www.nairaland.com/3108722/2016-united-nations-human-development

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Taidi(m): 6:24pm On May 04, 2020
Check out my signature to earn during this hard period for free
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Shashar: 6:24pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

Mr man, I've been to Enugu and Imo.
I schooled in UNN don't tell me rubbish.

Tell that lies to the birds..

Anambra is the only state that's better in SE.

We ain't talking about hotels and clubs wey dey Owerri and Enugu
So what criteria are you basing your judgement that Oyo and osun are better than the rest south east state....
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by ayoola27: 6:24pm On May 04, 2020
An average Igbo is a millionaire...
But they keep trooping to the South West...
Now they are calling Lagos a no man's land

12 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:25pm On May 04, 2020
totit:

Here is another stats by international body ;

https://mppn.org/nigeria-national-mpi/

grin grin

I've checked it.
Don't mind them.

They are angry cos it didnt favor them

4 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Skmoda360(m): 6:26pm On May 04, 2020
See as em poverty just ravage this country.....
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:26pm On May 04, 2020
Shashar:
So what criteria are you basing your judgement that Oyo and osun are better than the rest south east state....

Apart from Anambra That's very developed, No SE states is doing better than Oyo and Ogun state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Shashar: 6:27pm On May 04, 2020
SpaceTour:
[s][/s]

You don carry this your Aba illiterate mentality to this place. Ok you wanna show him the disgusting shithole called Aba? Ofcourse igbos and outsiders knows that Anambra is the SE leader in development. Silly Aba miscreant.
You are always crying? When I say you guys are too emotional,gbam!!you will come and prove me right lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by TundeBricklayer: 6:28pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

Are you sure you went to school??

Did you do project and research?

Lemme see your answer
Dumb tell me how they conducted southeast and other regions samples who do they involve.
Last year they placed Osun first, Anambra second and Lagos third, Osun state know for poverty that almost zero economy life grin grin

Propaganda region only change is constant

5 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Honor10: 6:28pm On May 04, 2020
Liebermantic:
Immediately I saw the Agency is headed by an Afonja, I lost interest..
Osun, Oyo and Ogun being ahead of Anambra?
Afonja and their junk statistics..
Even a blind man knows Anambra is lower in poverty scale than all Afonja states

So what are the ibos in the agency doing? They all keep shut why the Yoruba head is manipulating the figure?

4 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by pazienza(m): 6:29pm On May 04, 2020
Goke7:

I have traveled to the east very well, its not as livable as the SW reason your people flock to our land. I did NYSC in osogbo Osun state, even as yoruba person, met and interacted with many igbo graduates who served and were or still living in osun state. One secret confession they made was the surprised availability and affordability of food in state like Osun than in igbo land. When one corners your folks into a room, they begin to open up and admit the ease of life in the SW than in the SE. Am not deceived at all by online rants and lies. The migration of the SE people to the SW says it all. Let's all admit it.
They kept meeting imaginary Igbos in their hallucinations.
I served In Yorubaland and I couldn't wait to leave the place. The poverty oozing out from the whole place was nerve wrecking.
My cousin served in Ogbomosho too. His experience there still haunts him till today.

The Igbo migrates to anywhere there is opportunity not yet exploited, even in the most remote villages in the North.
It doesn't mean those places are better than Igboland. It simply means that similar opportunities like that in Igboland have already been exploited and would not yield much profit if they try to key into it in Igboland.
SE has the biggest population density in Nigeria as a zone, it has been like that before the colonials arrived and has stayed that way.
We have Yoruba people here in SE too. My tailor in Aba is a Yoruba man, he married and had lived there for years now. You wouldn't know because Igbos don't go about threatening strangers with drowning in Lagoon like a people who claim to be accommodating in western Nigeria.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:30pm On May 04, 2020
seunmsg:
87.73% poverty rate in sokoto. So, what exactly has Tambuwal been doing since 2015? And to think he’s also a 2023 presidential hopeful. Smh.
In 2015, he was doing the work of the devil spreading lies and propaganda. He moved over in 2018 to the demons where he now spreads propaganda and lies.

But that aside, I thought a certain gentleman promised to pull 100m people out of poverty in ten years. What he has been doing since 2015 befuddles imagination. He should also give account as to why tradermoni, marketmoni, farmermoni and n-power no touch any ground in this poverty ridden Sakwato state!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Akaegwu(m): 6:30pm On May 04, 2020
He is waiting for Goodluck Jonathan shocked grin
seunmsg:
87.73% poverty rate in sokoto. So, what exactly has Tambuwal been doing since 2015? And to think he’s also a 2023 presidential hopeful. Smh.
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Honor10: 6:30pm On May 04, 2020
TundeBricklayer:

What useless statistics, you tribe's fabricated false data with 22,110 households as methodology to measure states poverty index, who and who did they consultant I other states

Why dont u ask ur fellow Igbo in NBS, or everyone in NBS is Yoruba?

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Augustenite(m): 6:31pm On May 04, 2020
SciLab:
Immediately I saw Osun and Ogun stats I knew it was fake. In Osun, you see poverty walking on two legs. No state in the south has more beggars than Oyo state per sqm. Go to challenge, go to Iwo road and see able-bodied beggars who will drag your shirts if you don't give them money. grin

This is the same region that we have seen invading bread vans and carting away palliatives due to lockdown hunger. Yet the claim others are the poorest in the south. grin grin

Let's not forget the name of the DG of NBS- Dr. Yemi 'oluwole' kale. That tells us all we need to know about the 'oluwole' statistics and it's authenticity. grin

Jealousy & Hatred kill u dere. Go see grade 1 beggars for Aba. Have been dere time without number.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Gracchus: 6:31pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

I know this is what you guys will say, when it doesn't favour you.

Is it Yoruba man that conducted the research in SE

He went to each village and conducted the research??

Better hurry and join the next bus to Lagos.
That dude is the same as Anambralstson, the last time, he was peddling the same nbs statistics about GDP around, how Anambra is ahead of all SW states except Lagos, now he doesn't believe is nbs again. Like you said, once something doesn't favour them, that thing is fake. What a race!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by SpaceTour: 6:31pm On May 04, 2020
[s]
Shashar:
You are always crying? When I say you guys are too emotional,gbam!!you will come and prove me right l
[/s]

Lol you are the one always crying and emotional. If not why are you more concerned that a SW guy said that Anambra is the best? Was that the only thing you saw on this thread? Ok show him your shithole Abia state nah cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Goke7: 6:32pm On May 04, 2020
IGBOSON1:

I doubt! But i’m certain Anambra has a better spread of wealthy/comfortable individuals and a better spread of wealth than any other state in Nigeria! And by ‘Anambrans’, i’m referring to both those at home and those in diaspora!

oga, the fact that people don't show off does not mean you are richer than them, states like Oyo, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti have very high number of wealthy individuals residing in those states but you guys keep using brown roofs to judge them, not all wealthy yoruba folks live or reside in Lagos, many just come to Lagos and go back to their bases, the high level of farming in the SW is another factor [especially the cocoa merchants in Osun and Ondo, its not only spare parts business or importation that makes millionaires or billionaires. If you talks about diaspora, living in osun for a while make me discover that there is a very high level of diaspora remittances to that state, I laughed when people doubt the economic indices of Osun state.

8 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by pazienza(m): 6:32pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

I'm not from Anambra.
I've never been to Anambra, abia and Enboyi.

But IMO and Enugu, Taarrr.
Don't even go there. cheesy

See them.
Jonsers. Ndi agadi ekwe nka.
Your tactics starts and ends in Nairaland.
Bring it to any pan Igbo face page in Facebook and watch Ndiigbo seive you out and send you packing.

4 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Honor10: 6:33pm On May 04, 2020
AregbeFufu:

Marginalization in terms of federal infrastructure, not human capital development, it's a duty every region owes themselves.
[s][/s]The SE still has the best human development index[s][/s], no matter what this statistic says.

Lolz. From ipob bureau of statics

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by AregbeFufu: 6:33pm On May 04, 2020
Goke7:

I have traveled to the east very well, its not as livable as the SW reason your people flock to our land. I did NYSC in osogbo Osun state, even as yoruba person, met and interacted with many igbo graduates who served and were or still living in osun state. One secret confession they made was the surprised availability and affordability of food in state like Osun than in igbo land. When one corners your folks into a room, they begin to open up and admit the ease of life in the SW than in the SE. Am not deceived at all by online rants and lies. The migration of the SE people to the SW says it all. Let's all admit it.
The so called "migration" of igbos to the SW seems to be the only thing you people hold on to when reminded of how underachieving you have been lately.
Lagos being the economic capital of the nation is the only state in the SW that can be said to have a considerable population of igbos.
You find a handful of igbos in SW states same way you find Yorubas in the East.
During the last national elections, you'd find that outside Lagos, the number of registered voters in SE and SW wasn't too far off, even with the political apathy of the SE.
The GSM users statistics per state showed the same pattern.
Keep overbloating igbos living in SW to massage your ego, don't buckle up on human capital development.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:34pm On May 04, 2020
TundeBricklayer:

Dumb tell me how they conducted southeast and other regions samples who do they involve.
Last year they placed Osun first, Anambra second and Lagos third, Osun state know for poverty that almost zero economy life grin grin

Propaganda region only change is constant

That's human capital development.

Let's be through with this poverty that's in SE b4 moving to H D I.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Shashar: 6:35pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

Apart from Anambra That's very developed, No SE states is doing better than Oyo and Ogun state
You said you have been to only Enugu and Imo,So how come you believe so much in Anambara?the pic you see here,if not for the pic,you will not agree,lolz you guys should try and travel,and am not talking about staying in one village when you visit.
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:36pm On May 04, 2020
pazienza:

See them.
Jonsers. Ndi agadi ekwe nka.
Your tactics starts and ends in Nairaland.
Bring it to any pan Igbo face page in Facebook and watch Ndiigbo seive you out and send you packing.

That's because they don't wanna hear the truth.

See this

3 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by totit: 6:36pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

I've checked it.
Don't mind them.

They are angry cos it didnt favor them

Today has been a bad day for the people of the yeast. cool grin

6 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by EzeNdiAra: 6:36pm On May 04, 2020
Drizzy5001:
I disagree with u , op, Adamawa has a lot of millionaires in it , though I'm not from there o, but u will hardly see almajiri kids

Adamawa is not Hausa or Fulani State
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by ZZ22: 6:37pm On May 04, 2020
Rivers 23.91, Anambra 14.27 then Osun 8.52, Oyo 9.83, Ondo 12.52, Ogun 9.32.. These people should tell lies with sense na.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:38pm On May 04, 2020
Shashar:
You said you have been to only Enugu and Imo,So how come you believe so much in Anambara?the pic you see here,if not for the pic,you will not agree,lolz you guys should try and travel,and am not talking about staying in one village when you visit.

Is Enugu and Imo doing better than Anambra?
Say the truth?

It's not that I visit, i stayed for about 6 - 7yrs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Goke7: 6:38pm On May 04, 2020
pazienza:
They kept meeting imaginary Igbos in their hallucinations.
I served In Yorubaland and I couldn't wait to leave the place. The poverty oozing out from the whole place was nerve wrecking.
My cousin served in Ogbomosho too. His experience there still haunts him till today.

The Igbo migrates to anywhere there is opportunity not yet exploited, even in the most remote villages in the North.
It doesn't mean those places are better than Igboland. It simply means that similar opportunities like that in Igboland have already been exploited and would not yield much profit if they try to key into it in Igboland.
SE has the biggest population density in Nigeria as a zone, it has been like that before the colonials arrived and has stayed that way.
We have Yoruba people here in SE too. My tailor in Aba is a Yoruba man, he married and had lived there for years now. You wouldn't know because Igbos don't go about threatening strangers with drowning in Lagoon like a people who claim to be accommodating in western Nigeria.

keep telling the lies, the population density in the SE as you said should be a catalyst for serious human capital development as we see in other places in Nigeria and abroad but reverse is the case for the SE and you want me to clap my hands for that abi. so how many yorubas are in the SE compared to the number in the north to start with. abeg yan another lie

10 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Shashar: 6:38pm On May 04, 2020
SpaceTour:

Lol you are the one always crying and emotional. If not why are you more concerned that a SW guy said that Anambra is the best? Was that the only thing you saw on this thread? Ok show him your shithole Abia state nah cheesy
Tell me any other person that is obsessed with pictures apart from you guys on this forum.Guy stop being emotional..I expect you to start posting pictures of Aba Pls don't disappoint me,lolz
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by pazienza(m): 6:38pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

That's because they don't wanna hear the truth.

See this

Where is your brain.
Thats the board for departures.

If you go to Abuja and Lagos. You will also see board for departures from there to the East.
The buses don't run empty from Lagos and Abuja to the East. They load Igbos as well from there back to the East.
If you go to Wazobia park in Abuja at night, you will see long stretches of luxurious buses loading Igbos back to the East, same at major parks in Lagos.

You are not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, are you?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:39pm On May 04, 2020
totit:

Today has been a bad day for the people of the yeast. cool grin

Swears grin
They are pained and angred grin grin. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Abubakar Sani Bello, The Richest Governor-Elect In Nigeria Detected / President Buhari Arrives Beijing, China (More Photos) / The House Malami Built For Abdulaziz, His Son In Pictures - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.