Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) (108183 Views)

Kogi, Lagos, Rivers Most Expensive States In Nigeria – NBS / Ebonyi State - The 7th Poorest State In Nigeria With 73.% Poverty Rate / Despite Fight, Corruption Still Thrives In Nigeria, NBS Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sunshineg5(m): 5:54pm On May 04, 2020
PrecisionFx:

The south is much more populated than the north.

Millions in the south want to be farmers, the FG have always prevented them from being farmers by systemically channelling almost all agricultural investments to the north
I don't think millions in the South want to be farmers

And I don't think the government has really invested in Agriculture that much. .

Everything from the government is lips service.
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by EzeNdiAra: 5:54pm On May 04, 2020
SOKOTO the headquarter of Islam in Nigeria controlled by the Fulanis, this is how the Sokoto Caliphate and jihadists want all Nigerian State to be.

They use their money to buy weapons to sponsor terrorism all over Nigeria.

Southern Nigeria would be a great country if not for the North!
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Gabkosh: 5:55pm On May 04, 2020
AregbeFufu:

This Corona virus really revealed the level of poverty in yoruba land, not that it wasn't obvious before.
No one is falling for yoruba propaganda, keep calling Lagos.
After scooping palm oil from the road in Ogun, bamidele will be screaming Lagos Lagos.
Lol, even as they are commiting suicide in imo even without lock down?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by TundeBricklayer: 5:55pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

If you're sure that you graduate and you did research in your project.

You should know how statistics works
What useless statistics, you tribe's fabricated false data with 22,110 households as methodology to measure states poverty index, who and who did they consultant I other states

7 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by rabiuabd(m): 5:55pm On May 04, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Government needs to invest heavily in Agriculture to reduce the rate of poverty in Nigeria.

It seems simple enough

>Northern Nigeria are known to be very good farmers

>There seems to be a high rate of poverty in the northern Nigeria according to most research results of organizations around the world

> Nigeria spends billions of dollars importing food like rice and co which Northerners can provide.

> Serious investment in Agriculture not just lips service like our government often do would lift millions out of poverty and help strengthen the nation.

I am talking about massive irrigation systems, Storage facilities, training for farmers on new techniques in Farming and introduction of high yield seeds. etc.

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by komodapson(m): 5:56pm On May 04, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Government needs to invest heavily in Agriculture to reduce the rate of poverty in Nigeria.

It seems simple enough

>Northern Nigeria are known to be very good farmers

>There seems to be a high rate of poverty in the northern Nigeria according to most research results of organizations around the world

> Nigeria spends billions of dollars importing food like rice and co which Northerners can provide.

> Serious investment in Agriculture not just lips service like our government often do would lift millions out of poverty and help strengthen the nation.

I am talking about massive irrigation systems, Storage facilities, training for farmers on new techniques in Farming and introduction of high yield seeds. etc.

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by seunmsg(m): 5:56pm On May 04, 2020
PrecisionFx:

U expect him to solve an age long poverty that has lasted decades in 5 years....And yet u shield buhari from doing same... grin grin

Bubu introduced the NSIP to fight poverty. Tell me one policy that Tambuwal introduced in the last five years to reduce poverty in sokoto state.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Gabkosh: 5:56pm On May 04, 2020
JubrilBuhari:

They are realising rubbish fake stats to look better but we all those how poor those long head brown roof dwellers are.
Na wa for your English o

9 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by komodapson(m): 5:56pm On May 04, 2020
[quote author=komodapson post=89183763][/quote]

Key point
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by lozanni(m): 5:57pm On May 04, 2020
Osaze007:

A thread as already been opened and we have urged you to stop spewing this lies
Fidelity bank and diamond bank don’t dominate Lagos
Igbos have 0 capacity in IT
What transport is being managed by igbos looool apart from the dropping you in your village
Apart from pharmaceutical industries igbos are not involved in any production

That’s why your region is the poorest in southern Nigeria

Lockdown done lock your reasoning.
Where is The world Reknown IT giant, Emegwali from?
Who owns mega transport companies like ABC, Chisco, Young shall grow, God is good, GUO among others?
Where are the Industrial cities of Nnewi and Aba located?
My guy go oil that head to lubricate those rusty parts.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Murketeer: 5:59pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

I know this is what you guys will say, when it doesn't favour you.

Is it Yoruba man that conducted the research in SE

He went to each village and conducted the research??

Better hurry and join the next bus to Lagos.
This Una Yoruba Vs Igbo fight every time on Nairaland ...What do u guys actually derive from it?

3 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by IGBOSON1: 5:59pm On May 04, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Enugu state can never ever have a higher poverty rate than nasarawa.

This stats is quite hopeless, useless n false

Those statistics are bogus at best! I don’t think any state in Nigeria has a wider spread of wealthy individuals and a wider spread of wealth than Anambra! The fact states like Imo and Abia have been governed by a hopeless set of individuals since 1999 would prevent me from saying much about their position....but that of Anambra i’m certain is way off mark!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by kayfra: 6:00pm On May 04, 2020
lozanni:

Who owns mega transport companies like ABC, Chisco, Young shall grow, God is good, GUO among others?

We know where the world-renown kings of southern poverty reside. SE grin

Fix your spelling. Okoro man angry

10 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Osaze007: 6:00pm On May 04, 2020
lozanni:

I bet your one of those igbos who has never lived in Yoruba land hence this stupid statement your making

Those companies are mostly used by igbos to and from Igbo land it’s not the dominant transport means in Yoruba land this is why i said no point arguing with you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by AregbeFufu: 6:00pm On May 04, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

If you don't understand how statistics work. Keep shut and stop diagracing the intellectual igbos. You reek of ignorance.
That "statistic" is nothing short of laughable.
Osun 8% Enugu 58%
We have heard

5 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Goke7: 6:01pm On May 04, 2020
The average igbo man just thinks that having two or three shops in town means development and prosperity. I tell folks that non capital towns and cities in the SW are still ahead of many igbo cities, I mean places like Ilesha, Ondo town, Ijebu-ode, Sagamu, ota, ogbomoso, ore and so many others, these non capital towns are also very cosmopolitan as you find many northerners and other non yorubas there, it tells you how more livable these places are than many places in Nigeria.

Our Igbo peeps should chill, you guys and your states are overrated, fine houses and cars in your village do not mean development, but the access to the basic necessities of life means so much and that's why you guys move in droves down south especially to the SW and it makes no sense claiming you are developing other people's lands while yours are in ruins, you cannot deceive anyone, the restlessness of ipob is a true reflection of how bad things especially where it originates from in Abia state. A sober true assessment of the SE by the igbos will help instead of posting pictures upadan to deceitfully try to prove some points

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 04, 2020
seunmsg:

Bubu introduces the NSIP to fight poverty. Tell me one policy that Tambuwal introduced in the last five years to reduce poverty in sokoto state.

After bubari introduced it, nigerians became poorer grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by lozanni(m): 6:01pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

It seems you didn't do statistics in school.
How did world bank concluded that a country is the poverty capital of the world??

They conducted research on each citizens of the country?? cheesy

Seems, statistics ain't taught in SE

It seems you don't read articles properly before responding.
I did not read statistics and am talking of margin of error? SMH
I am sure you have not travelled past Edo state before, that is why you make such wild assumptions about the place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Gabkosh: 6:01pm On May 04, 2020
TundeBricklayer:

Let go there grin
Choose one first

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 04, 2020
Sunshineg5:
I don't think millions in the South want to be farmers

And I don't think the government has really invested in Agriculture that much. .

Everything from the government is lips service.

More than millions in the south are prepared to do anything to make a living so dont even go there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:02pm On May 04, 2020
lozanni:

It seems you don't read articles properly before responding.
I did not read statistics and am talking of margin of error? SMH
I am sure you have not travelled past Edo state before, that is why you make such wild assumptions about the place.

Who told you ive not travelled pass Edo cheesy?
Funny people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by EzeNdiAra: 6:03pm On May 04, 2020
Sunshineg5:

It seems simple enough

>Northern Nigeria Middle Belt Nigeria are known to be very good farmers

2 Shares

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Goke7: 6:04pm On May 04, 2020
IGBOSON1:

Those statistics are bogus at best! don’t think any state in Nigeria has a wider spread of wealthy individuals and a wider spread of wealth than Anambra! The fact states like Imo and Abia have been governed by a hopeless set of individuals since 1999 would prevent me from saying much about their position....but that of Anambra i’m certain is way off mark!

this is the problem, few wealthy individuals is not a true reflection of the prosperity of a place. Do you have more wealthy men or middle class folks in anambra than poor people?

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:04pm On May 04, 2020
lozanni:

Sorry who knows ABC, GUO, Chisco in SW cheesy

Seems like its Hut you've been residing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by AregbeFufu: 6:05pm On May 04, 2020
Sunshineg5:
One thing about you people is how you just love to bad mouth others without a single proof to back your claims.

You are the richest in Nigeria but you are the one shouting marginalization like a pop song on every occasion.

If I haven't been to the East, I will have thought you guys are next in Nigeria to the Europe based your boastful nature.
Marginalization in terms of federal infrastructure, not human capital development, it's a duty every region owes themselves.
The SE still has the best human development index, no matter what this statistic says.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by TundeBricklayer: 6:05pm On May 04, 2020
Gabkosh:
Choose one first
Banking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by guy222: 6:06pm On May 04, 2020
The SE are a very funny and stupid people at thesame time, if Nnamdi kanu did not tell them to believe it they will never believe it, if you like talk from now till tomorow, idiot people if it is map of biafra now they would asccept and believe it, imagine nnamdi kanu telling us that half of benue state and the entire kogi plus south south are part of biafra and they believe it, yet there did not ask him how he manage to come about the statistic.

5 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by adesola89: 6:07pm On May 04, 2020
Arrewa:
As far GPD is concerned! Sokoto is richer than Ebonyi state!

By the way, GDP (Gross Domestic Product) is not an accurate metric to measure & gauge productivity & output in various Nations in the 21st Century.

Domestic work, impact of modern technologies & the burgeoning informal sector in “developing” Nations are exempted in the calculus
Source please...I need the data
Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by Sammy07: 6:08pm On May 04, 2020
Murketeer:

This Una Yoruba Vs Igbo fight every time on Nairaland ...What do u guys actually derive from it?

They shoot the first shot cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by lozanni(m): 6:08pm On May 04, 2020
Osaze007:

I bet your one of those igbos who has never lived in Yoruba land hence this stupid statement your making

Those companies are mostly used by igbos to and from Igbo land it’s not the dominant transport means in Yoruba land this is why i said no point arguing with you

I was born and bred in Lagos State for your information, so I am privileged to know about yorubaland and the East, unlike you who have never left Ijebu before for any other part of yorubaland
The dominant means of transport in your place is 'Bolekaja', the truck that packs human on long hard benches facing each other.
Even in Lagos when Igbos travel with their commercial buses during the Xmas, the town ends up looking empty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by kayfra: 6:09pm On May 04, 2020
AregbeFufu:

That "statistic" is nothing short of laughable.
Osun 8% Enugu 58%
We have heard

You mean Enugu should be 68% or is it the Igala population in Northern Enugu skewing the statistics for Igbo billionaires? grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Poorest State In Nigeria - NBS (Full Statistics) by AregbeFufu: 6:09pm On May 04, 2020
Goke7:
The average igbo man just thinks that having two or three shops in town means development and prosperity. I tell folks that non capital towns and cities in the SW are still ahead of many igbo cities, I mean places like [b]Ilesha, Ondo town, Ijebu-ode, Sagamu, ota, ogbomoso, ore[/b]and so many others, these non capital towns are also very cosmopolitan as you find many northerners and other non yorubas there, it tells you how more livable these places are than many places in Nigeria.

Our Igbo peeps should chill, you guys and your states are overrated, fine houses and cars in your village do not mean development, but the access to the basic necessities of life means so much and that's why you guys move in droves down south especially to the SW and it makes no sense claiming you are developing other people's lands while yours are in ruins, you cannot deceive anyone, the restlessness of ipob is a true reflection of how bad things especially where it originates from in Abia state. A sober true assessment of the SE by the igbos will help instead of posting pictures upadan to deceitfully try to prove some points
Nsukka, Nnewi, onitsha, Aba, okigwe, orlu etc are all hamlets abi, with no non-igbos living there.
The problem with yoruba people is that your knowledge is seriously limited to yoruba land alone.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Abubakar Sani Bello, The Richest Governor-Elect In Nigeria Detected / President Buhari Arrives Beijing, China (More Photos) / The House Malami Built For Abdulaziz, His Son In Pictures - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.