Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k (1734 Views)

Anambra Woman Forced To Walk Over Daughter's Corpse To Prove Her Innocence (Pix) / Benin-ife Relationship Explored / Who Can Prove Benin-ife Myth On Oduduwa With Archeological Fact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by MightySparrow: 10:01pm On May 05, 2020
gregyboy:

Nigga am not understanding you anymore

What fucking scripture
Good, i have been reading accounts of two kingdoms especially those written more than 100 years or a little less by scholars not tale tellers and given them critical analysis. May be you should do same before coming to contribute on this platform.
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by gregyboy(m): 10:07pm On May 05, 2020
The yorubas here are derailing this thread....

Give me archeological evidence or still written document from 1400 to 1914 to make it less easier 1914 i said grin grin

Please no more derailing on this thread anymire

This thread does not give room for petty discussion like the ownership of the title oba

Get to the main point

gomojam
DonCandido
Amujale
macof
Sewgon79
lx3as
Opiletool
nisai
2fine2fast
Aphrygian
Olu317
Obalufon
geosegun
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by MightySparrow: 10:08pm On May 05, 2020
gregyboy:

In your previous comment i read you talking about writing and scriptures i guess it what you're trying to communicate here

If it is am sorry i have heard of this version of history before

You need to enlighten me on this one
Okay, download pdf the History of Yorubas by dr Samuel Johnson published at the beginning of 19th century.
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by gregyboy(m): 10:09pm On May 05, 2020
MightySparrow:
Good, i have been reading accounts of two kingdoms especially those written more than 100 years or a little less by scholars not tale tellers and given them critical analysis. May be you should do same before coming to contribute on this platform.

Can you summit some links to read

And explain, am not really getting what you are trying to potray here
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by MightySparrow: 10:21pm On May 05, 2020
gregyboy:

Can you summit some links to read

And explain, am not really getting what you are trying to potray here
I borrowed the history of yorubas by Dr Samuel Johnson and also have the pdf form and other scholarly articles in journals on net. Unfortunately, all I could read about benin is the net as I don't know any expert in benin history other than the net and trying to analyse them.
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by TAO11(f): 11:09pm On May 05, 2020
gregyboy:

And our original history of ekaladeran said he died at ughoton aint you beging to see the political play here

Show me Ekaladerhan in written history from 1480 to 1930.

1 Like

Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by MightySparrow: 5:49pm On May 06, 2020
Any achaeological evidence presented must not give room for any doubt and even if doubt is to be given it must be given reasonable convincing explanation.
OP I don't really know which of the divide you belong but what you are asking for is near impossible. However, reasonale deductions could be made from the set up and history of each. The Yorubas claim their leader came from Mecca, how much of arab culture influence do we see in Yoruba? Benin history has not really told us how it started. the only meaningful influence is how they influence Yoruba and some part of Igbo and few others. Is their similarity in dressing, worship, organizition? Who got what from whom and how, and when? In all human history a lesser civilization gets something from better. the core values are almost opposite.
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by gregyboy(m): 7:21pm On May 06, 2020
MightySparrow:
Any achaeological evidence presented must not give room for any doubt and even if doubt is to be given it must be given reasonable convincing explanation.
OP I don't really know which of the divide you belong but what you are asking for is near impossible. However, reasonale deductions could be made from the set up and history of each. The Yorubas claim their leader came from Mecca, how much of arab culture influence do we see in Yoruba? Benin history has not really told us how it started. the only meaningful influence is how they influence Yoruba and some part of Igbo and few others. Is their similarity in dressing, worship, organizition? Who got what from whom and how, and when? In all human history a lesser civilization gets something from better. the core values are almost opposite.

If we are to argue on contemporary works we will be moving in circles, politcs had influenced the contemporary works......

The oba had distorted his own history to favour yorubas for his political aspirations the yorubas has distorted thier history to accomodate benin
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by MightySparrow: 8:15pm On May 06, 2020
gregyboy:

If we are to argue on contemporary works we will be moving in circles, politcs had influenced the contemporary works......

The oba had distorted his own history to favour yorubas for his political aspirations the yorubas has distorted thier history to accomodate benin

Check my posts on this thread. The history of black peoples are not reliable because largely to self - praise themselves, they lie. However, there are some cursory things like those mentioned above. black generally lag behind in technology what could be unearthed are clay pots and utensils, hoes and few weapons that are not different phenominally from the two cultures.
Before the advent of whites and arabs the two cultures like other black tribes didn't make much civilization to really say one was significantly superior to the other. The Benin bronze artefacts didn't much affect yoruba other than Owo people.
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by MightySparrow: 8:40am On May 07, 2020
gregyboy:

There is certainly a part or both not being honest in this issue. If giving analyses to the history as giving by their historians especially the Benin side all I have read are abuses and accusations not particularly scholarly write - ups.
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by gregyboy(m): 12:43pm On May 07, 2020
MightySparrow:
There is certainly a part or both not being honest in this issue. If giving analyses to the history as giving by their historians especially the Benin side all I have read are abuses and accusations not particularly scholarly write - ups.

The truth is oba eweka 11 who reigned from 1914 till 1933 was the one who started the benin-ife connection maybe out of minority complex or to feel a sense of belonging amongst the other yoruba kings,before then there was nothing in history about the benin-ife connection oba eweka had maintained that both parties were brothers who first settled at ife then the oba benins decided to move to the present edo were he established his own kingdom this was done to connect both cultures and it was also the easiest way to tell the origin of benin......
Politics began setting in much later after the British sort to elevate a king to serve as the head of the chiefs council in western region all kings decided to write thier history to favour the political trend the oba had sort the help from egharevba who wrote a short story of benin....
During publication the ibadan printing rejected his book because he had writing that ife came from benin through ekaladeran he was to rewrite the history the main aim was to connect this two tribe benin-ife so he later wrote how oromiyan came from ife to rule benin by the request of the chiefs

The issue is you just started reading you need to read more particularly the works of earlier writters from both tribe before you can get a true picture when samuel johson wrote, he recongnised oromiyan as a warlord who never stepped foot in benin, the yorubas on the other hand before the creation of nigeria had welcome the benin people more like a family friend because of the benin exploit in yoruba nation but they knew little of benin so they speculated benin origin in thier yoruba history, benin on the other hand knew yorubas thier vassals state

Here are some screenshot of earlier works

Adeyemi was the first who wrote the centrality of ife mythology it was never there in history
Qhen he wrote it, it didnt gain ground untill after years later when there was need for thier political aspirations when samuel Johnson wrote he never talked about ife centrality over oyo, instead he believed the oyo people migrated from egypt if Oduduwa existed it only existed for only the ife people alone benin coming from ife was a lie too even the other yorubas recently accepted this myth themselves

2) one of the earliest article about benin yoruba connection

3) a written document in 1921 describing oromiyan as a warlord and not as a young prince who left benin to establish oyo but left nupe to establish oyo

Untill you fully read both history only then can can you can now understand how the benin-ife myth was drawn

All this history were all myth including the Oduduwa of a story

Samuk

2 Likes

Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by MightySparrow: 1:12pm On May 07, 2020
[quote author=gregyboy post=89285149]

The truth is oba eweka 11 who reigned from 1914 till 1933 was the one who started the benin-ife connection maybe out of minority complex or to feel a sense of belonging amongst the other yoruba kings,before then there was nothing in history about the benin-ife connection oba eweka had maintained that both parties were brothers who first settled at ife then the oba benins decided to move to the present edo were he established his own kingdom this was done to connect both cultures and it was also the easiest way to tell the origin of benin......
So many questions arise from your post. Since I want to be neutral in this issue I just want to point your attention to a fact. The History of Yorubas by Dr samuel johnson was originaly written by his brother a Seventh Day Adventist cleric who documented the day to day activties of kiriji war between 1884 to 1900. It was after his death that his brother published in England in 1921.
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by gregyboy(m): 2:34pm On May 07, 2020
[quote author=MightySparrow post=89286018][/quote]

Here is another account a different identity from Oduduwa from 1840

I believe Oduduwa never existed the benin oba claim relationship with ife for his political aspirations there was nothing like oromiyan coming tp benin in the early writings benins brought it to themselves
Before benins brought thier myth the struggle was between oyo and ife benin bringing its myth brought a diversion

Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by TAO11(f): 6:13pm On May 07, 2020
gregyboy:

I BeLiEvE Oduduwa never existed the benin oba claim relationship with ife for his political aspirations there was nothing like oromiyan coming tp benin in the early writings benins brought it to themselves
Before benins brought thier myth the struggle was between oyo and ife benin bringing its myth brought a diversion

You keep unveiling and magnifying your ignorance and illiteracy for the world to see and clear their doubts.

To burst your bubble, every Yoruba (and every literate Bini who reads) knows that in Yoruba accounts, "Okanbi" is none other than Oduduwa's only child.

Secondly, what makes you think normal sane people care what you BeLiEvE?? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by gregyboy(m): 7:08pm On May 07, 2020
TAO11:

You keep unveiling and magnifying your ignorance and illiteracy for the world to see and clear their doubts.

To burst your bubble, every Yoruba (and every literate Bini who reads) already know that in Yoruba accounts, "Okanbi" is none other than Oduduwa's only child.

Secondly, what makes you think normal sane people care what you BeLiEvE?? grin grin

Samuk
AreaFada2
Ghostwon
Sarah20A
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by TAO11(f): 7:09pm On May 07, 2020
gregyboy:

Samuk
AreaFada2
Ghostwon
Sarah20A

Ekaladerhan is a mythical beign.

Even Eweka is well-known to have dived unaided from the sky to Benin City round about --- just like Ogiso Igodo.

You all should prove me wrong!

Hahahaha!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by gregyboy(m): 7:17pm On May 07, 2020
The yorubas know we don't read thier history but them on the other hand are well open to ours
And they use our ignorance to catch cruise

While they are attacking we are always at the end defending thier are master to mythical history
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by TAO11(f): 7:19pm On May 07, 2020
gregyboy:
The yorubas know we don't read thier history but them on the other hand are well open to ours
And they use our ignorance to catch cruise

While they are attacking we are always at the end defending thier are master to mythical history

No one except yourself is to blame for your illiteracy.

All I know is Ekaladerhan is a mythical being.
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by MightySparrow: 7:20pm On May 07, 2020
gregyboy:

I believe Oduduwa never existed the benin oba claim relationship with ife for his political aspirations there was nothing like oromiyan coming tp benin in the early writings benins brought it to themselves
No scholarly evidence given. The most detailed history of yorubas written by dr Samuel Johnson published in 1921 (you could download pdf) has this record.
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by MightySparrow: 7:27pm On May 07, 2020
gregyboy:

Which Oba?
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by gregyboy(m): 7:28pm On May 07, 2020
MightySparrow:
No scholarly evidence given. The most detailed history of yorubas written by dr Samuel Johnson published in 1921 (you could download pdf) has this record.

I wrote it right.....

You're yoruba you should know akanbi was the only Oduduwa child........

I will stop further discussions with you i have said i just create yoy those materials to aid ypur research.......

You be yoruba man
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by gregyboy(m): 7:32pm On May 07, 2020
MightySparrow:
Which Oba?

My friend go and do your research no one is going to teach anything here.... I have said enough you yoruba man

Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by MightySparrow: 7:39pm On May 07, 2020
gregyboy:

I wrote it right.....

I will stop further discussions with you i have said i just create yoy those materials to aid ypur research.......

You be yoruba man
The discourse poses more questions. The truth can at this juncture can only be reasoned out by logic not tribal sentiments. A true scholarly research should not based on sentiments
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by MightySparrow: 7:41pm On May 07, 2020
gregyboy:

My friend go and do your research no one is going to teach anything here.... I have said enough you yoruba man
Is your enough the truth or mere mythical sentiment?
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by TAO11(f): 7:49pm On May 07, 2020
gregyboy:

I wrote it right.....

You be yoruba man

First of all, nobody is Akanbi. grin

Second, I had to teach you who Okanbi is.

Left to your twisted wild imagination, you would have screamed: "Okanbi joined Ogiso Igodo to drop from heaven". grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by gregyboy(m): 7:54pm On May 07, 2020
MightySparrow:
The discourse poses more questions. The truth can at this juncture can only be reasoned out by logic not tribal sentiments. A true scholarly research should not based on sentiments

If i have to reason any logical debate with you
First identify your tribe,

How far do you on both history
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by TAO11(f): 8:01pm On May 07, 2020
gregyboy:

If i have to reason any logical debate with you
First identify your tribe,

How far do you on both history

And you must first learn to type in English not Edo.
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by Amujale(m): 4:17pm On May 11, 2020
gregyboy:
Give me archeological evidence or still written document from 1400 to 1914 to make it less easier 1914 i said grin grin

What you mean?

These are the reasons you need to go and re-educate yourself regarding history.

Its pretty simple, we MUST bin all foreign extreemist religions and focus our concentration on history.

And instead of listening to love and hiphop all day, preserve sometime in your busy schedule to the study of African history.

Your presumption is baseless and of know importance to anyone or anything.

You are an agent of chaos and a troll.
Re: Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k by Amujale(m): 3:07pm On May 13, 2020
Humanity begins 'South of the Sahara', Africa.

That is to say, the people of Nigeria predate Nigeria in years that amount in their hundreds of thousands.

African history comprises of Agriculture,  Architecture, Arts, Astronomy, Astrology, Commerce, Engineering, Mathematics, Medical sciences, Philosophy, Physical sciences e.t.c

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This True About Yorubas / 14 Rare Classic Pictures Of Nigeria In The 60’s / Little Do People Know Cultists Were Behind All Slavery In Africa & The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.