Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF (47963 Views)

BBC Slams FG, Promises To Release More Documentaries On Insecurity / FG Promises To Address Issue Of Marginalization & Other Demands In The SE / Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by egoldman(m): 2:22pm On May 05, 2020
chloride6:

Stop reading books written by disgruntled employees..

Is what th IMF saying not make sense?

Please go and seat down, that book exposed a lot about IMF and the west.
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 05, 2020
jericco1:
You can assure the IMF of heavily taxing your citizens but you cannot assure them of providing stable electricity! How typical undecided
what a country!
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by chloride6: 2:34pm On May 05, 2020
egoldman:

Please go and seat down, that book exposed a lot about IMF and the west.

Anybody that goes to the IMF for loan shouldnt talk abeg.

Was it IMF that ran Nigeria to the ground?

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 05, 2020
#REVOLUTION#NOW the present crop of leaders have sunk Nigeria in debts and would be long dead and gone by the time your children and being enslaved to work for the debtors - do not let them succeed #REVOLUTION#NOW

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by slimdamatrix1(m): 2:57pm On May 05, 2020
The most useless government ever!
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by chaloskyx: 3:02pm On May 05, 2020
but before you enforce that let government install prepaid meters to all residents in the country
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 05, 2020
Sooner or later the IMF will come and claim Nigeria and its assets. By then Buhari and his current Government will be retired and enjoying the spoils of their loot in London/New York/Dubai.
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 05, 2020
Pay higher taxes for electricity? What electricity? Many homes can barely boast of 2hrs of electricity a day or even a week. Buhari/Osinbanjo's 2015 election campaign was 24hr light for all Nigerians, Nigeria is in even more darkness than it was in 2015. No wonder they call it the Dark Country.

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Mikymiky0(f): 3:33pm On May 05, 2020
OK na
Thank God for solar panel
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by HITMEUP4ANYBIZ(m): 4:09pm On May 05, 2020
Bonatheripper:

I need Netflix log.
I must test it first

Check my signature to message me on WhatsApp
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by cassbeat(m): 4:13pm On May 05, 2020
They borrowed the money for their pockets and we the People are the ones to pay back from our pockets, isn't this government amazing....
What does @ have to say about his darling daddy and co stand on the matter??
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by kayjegs: 4:28pm On May 05, 2020
This will come with some serious devaluation of the Naira as the IMF always advise. This is not good for the average Nigerian. This is why it is wise to save your Naira in stronger foreign currencies. You can read this post to see my proposition:

https://www.nairaland.com/5806245/currenxbarter-needs-naira-canadian-dollars
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by MikkieEl: 4:53pm On May 05, 2020
payperpost:
why not impeach the illiterate at the helms of affairs
t
Who will impeach who? Do you think we have a Parliament in this country?
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by MikkieEl: 4:54pm On May 05, 2020
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by MetaPhysical: 5:29pm On May 05, 2020
imhotep:

Metaphysical will soon come and defend them.

Cc lzaa itooworwor

Defend who? Abused women Yeah, always!!! grin

Itooworwor
Lzaa

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Collyno82(m): 5:33pm On May 05, 2020
Hoodbilonia:
Men
Fuc k
Tah
Tah

Time to what
Time to bypass
My AC go b 24/7

No time
do remember me in your kingdom
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Realadey(m): 5:33pm On May 05, 2020
The devil has really shown us what he has in store for us, I pity those who voted for d buffoons,u have a lot to tell your great grandchildren before u all die. Imagine giving us out as collateral for the loans u secured
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by olamakinde(m): 5:45pm On May 05, 2020
Tissaia:
I don't understand? are we going to pay royalties to the person who invented electricity or what? I'm lost at tariffs
ask your daddy buhari

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Dannyjojo99(m): 5:46pm On May 05, 2020
I have always stand with this opinion that bureaucrats only know how to spend money lavishly but do not know how to create money-- Nigeria a case study. Electricity issue has been a long challenge in this country called Nigeria and its leaders are only putting little effort while the problem keeps getting worse for the country.
It would be a pain to every Nigerian when the fund received by the government is not efficiently used.
I rest my case.

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by ItooWorWor(m): 5:57pm On May 05, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Defend who? Abused women Yeah, always!!! grin

Itooworwor Lzaa
Lmao grin

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by WeRblessed(f): 6:04pm On May 05, 2020
dannytoe:
Thought FG promise free electricity for Nigerians,
Is this how the free electricity will start.

Yes they promised, but the thing is that the Buhari zombies did not ask him how he was gonna achieve that.

I think what Nigeria should do is ask Buhari what he did with all the loans borrowed from IMF and China. He borrowed to develop the North and save for his children, but the south will pay for it. OMG, Nigerians are in Hell.

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Growing(m): 8:28pm On May 05, 2020
Mims2016:

https://punchng.com/nigeriansll-pay-higher-electricity-tariffs-fg-promises-imf/

They have promised to devalue our currency (and have been doing it).

They are preparing law to make vaccine compulsory.

They have promised to increase power tarrif.

They have promised others we don't know about.

The IMF doesn't mean well for Nigeria and the FG is selling the country.
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by KayCee92(m): 8:39pm On May 05, 2020
Mysticwebb:
But they told their Zombies that it was a grant, we can see now that the money came with a lot of enslavement packages to make sure IMF get their money back. Even the small farmers in the villages that get 1hr of electricity in four months will join in paying for a loan that Buhari collected and shared among his cliché, family members and girl friends.
Zombies and none zombies will suffer together for the decision of zombies who have shown to be in majority.
Oma che oo!

Lol, that gal friends part got me laughing. How Buhari go do na. Didn't know he had Babes to grin grin
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by ElXolomon: 10:21pm On May 05, 2020
Commn take ya wires ooo
I yaff gen
Idiots!!
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by newisd75: 10:34pm On May 05, 2020
buhari once again playing yahoo boy activity 2 nigerian with electricity scam
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Fuckgovt: 12:33am On May 06, 2020
At least both the wailers and the foolish zombies will all suffer it.
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by AjoAlusi1: 1:35am On May 06, 2020
solmusdesigns:

IMF don finally catch us and hold us for blockus and kpekus

The terms of the new loans and debt cancellation would make Nigerians both politicians and masses cry blood, when I saw Buhari begging for a debt relieve I new IMF would be so happy to lunch attack on us and give us crazy conditions like Gay Right, Removal of Petroleum subsidy, Single Forex window , Opening of our ECOWAS land borders

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by unikwa: 3:46am On May 06, 2020
If you can afford it, build a solar generator. You won't have to rely on the grid again for the next 20yrs.

The purchase price of a solar gen, with LiFePO4 battery bank now rivals the cost of a Diesel generator. Yet, solar does not have the overhead cost of purchasing diesel, and servicing the machine.

Electricity in the USA is 24/7, but it is expensive. For this reason, a lot of Americans are opting for solar, and sometimes wind turbines. So if Americans are going solar, why not Nigeria where sunshine is even more abundant?
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by rOsy247(f): 6:19am On May 06, 2020
It's well with us.
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by hollywater: 12:58pm On May 06, 2020
byinks:

Na only him ??
You name the one you know. I have name mines.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Video Of Nigerian Army In Another Brutal Encounter With Bandits / Osibanjo 'Clashes' With Ex-CBN Governor Sanusi Over Naira Devaluation / PDP In Early Lead In Ekiti