Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF (47967 Views)

BBC Slams FG, Promises To Release More Documentaries On Insecurity / FG Promises To Address Issue Of Marginalization & Other Demands In The SE / Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by xcelentattitude(m): 9:44am On May 05, 2020
FG is just cashing out on this whole plandemic....

Money just dey come in. Donations, Abacha loot, IMF, etc

Makes me think they allowed this, discarded cure from within and Madagascar for the sake of making money.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by watchindelta(m): 9:45am On May 05, 2020
ednut1:
By the time Buhari is done with us ehn. But truth be told our tariffs are too low to make any power sector player break even.
but if the people get the light no problem, but in this instance reverse is the case here! No light but people still paying for bills. In Italy They charges you depending on your point, like for me 80euro for two months which is almost 35.200naira, but some paying 20k for 2months because they consumed less. Even in Nigeria some people still pay high bills without no light!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by jaxxy(m): 9:45am On May 05, 2020
Why is Apc so naive about how the economy works.
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Emmasnoop(m): 9:46am On May 05, 2020
SAI baba

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by HITMEUP4ANYBIZ(m): 9:47am On May 05, 2020
Carthman:
Paste your whatsapp digit let’s chat

‪+1 ...28/ 18- 00‑7519‬
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by emmaodet: 9:48am On May 05, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Indeed, the present government is an epitome of failure, failed promises and dashed expectations of most Nigerians. To think of the support and hopes most Nigerians had in PMB back in 2015. The smiling, docile angel became a demonic and cold hearted tyrant once he got what he wanted...

Moral Lesson: In life , you only know someone's true nature once they've gotten what they want from you, especially when it involves granting them access to power which is most times intoxicating...

It is all plans by the international bankers to render our manufacturing and production industry useless.
By paying higher electricity tariffs, your cost of production becomes higher than imported goods of same product thereby killing off local competitors by foreign companies. I believe it is a grand plan.
In life, if you keep begging for money from banks/people, they will keep giving you conditions that will keep enslaving you more.
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by crackhouse(m): 9:49am On May 05, 2020
byinks:
APC just came to enslave Nigeria.

Not surprised anymore
and what are you going to do about it? Wail? Well that's all we the youths do these days and nothing more. Nobody have the guts to fight them. They will Borrow money to enrich themselves and we Nigerians will pay back the loan indirectly. Just look at the mess we find ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by olanshi: 9:50am On May 05, 2020

Damn! Nigerians will be paying Higher Tarrifs for Darkness..

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by mencer(m): 9:50am On May 05, 2020
Nigeria will agree to the whims of her masters IMF China etc
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by delawal: 9:51am On May 05, 2020
i hope they promise imf to also give us d light
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Grace001: 9:51am On May 05, 2020
Government of slavery, by the time APC is done with us. Somalia will better than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by uunwanaobong3: 9:52am On May 05, 2020
Muhylonaire:
They have sold Nigerians

Nigeria wasn't sold today, it been up to 150 years since NIGERIA was sold by the likes of Jaja of opobo to a white for a bottle of dry Gin, then the white men letter sold it to Unilever brothers, the Unilever brothers Then sold it to Britain, the Britain then brought another country (set of human beings,race and religion) called the Arabs/north/Fulani/hausa and join them with us in 1914......... Believe me we have nothing in common with these Foreign tribes called the hausa/Fulani..... Their way life is alien to us, they are killers but we are peaceful people, they are beggers( just like buhari & the world bank saga) but we are hard working people...... We hate them and the hate us. ... They are dirty and we are clean.

Before independent a money/power hungry igbo man named nnamdi azikiwe sold us out again and force us to be join with this foreign entities to form Nigeria.

And before Biafra war after our people were kill by this babaric foreign entities..... Instead of ojuku to go to America or Russia to seek full cooperate with the world power by use our crude oil as a bargaining chip.... He was priding himself with false sense of security, ego and greed by partnering with ivory coast and France, using harmless civilians to fight a British, Egyptian and Russian backed Nigeria troop who uses our oil as collateral for these foreign nation assistance to win us...... Due to his pride/greediness/and hunger for power ojuku sold us out

Right from time Immemoral, our leaders have always sold us out...... It didn't start today
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by GoodLord95: 9:53am On May 05, 2020
Where are the opposition to speak up. Shame of PDP for keeping silent all these while.
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by EzzyCarter: 9:55am On May 05, 2020
emmaodet:

It is all plans by the international bankers to render our manufacturing and production industry useless.
By paying higher electricity tariffs, your cost of production becomes higher than imported goods of same product thereby killing off local competitors by foreign companies. I believe it is a grand plan.
In life, if you keep begging for money from banks/people, they will keep giving you conditions that will keep enslaving you more.

True. Banks will never grant you a favor for free. They will always have an hidden agenda.
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by mlkraj(m): 9:55am On May 05, 2020
Abeg who know where them dey sell solar panel make I go dey am down against 2021
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Nobody: 9:56am On May 05, 2020
4+4 grin grin... this country is truely a zoo.
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Mozegee: 9:57am On May 05, 2020
I am a Igbo man to the call.Is only fools who will ever compare Obj with this clown who is in Aso rock. This man has brought hardship of the highest order to its citizens,this man have brought division,he has shown us that there are first class citizen and second class citizens. A man with no direction. A man who is been projected to speak every two weeks without knowing how his citizens are fairing. Buhari is the worst thing ever happen to this country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Cholison(m): 9:58am On May 05, 2020
Our tariff is too low for investors and our minimum wage is too high abi? APC scammed the electorates and are now smiling. I hope when death comes in future nobody should blame those alive that will be jubilating ooo. Your good deeds and bad deeds will appear in your score card. That card cannot be rigged.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by fareed69(m): 9:58am On May 05, 2020
Fake news.
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by princeade86(m): 10:00am On May 05, 2020
Gokoyer0:
He will never come here to comment. Don't take the guy serious Bro. I was informed he is not even living in the country.
can u imagine.
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by hollywater: 10:00am On May 05, 2020
byinks:
APC just came to enslave Nigeria.

Not surprised anymore
The useless prof,Woke S.should come and see the government he helped brought into power.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by emmaodet: 10:01am On May 05, 2020
EzzyCarter:

True. Banks will never grant you a favor for free. They will always have an hidden agenda.

Sure, definitely.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by justphillips(m): 10:01am On May 05, 2020
Zico5:
And some misguided fellows here are saying Buhari is better than OBJ. Thank God we are in the heat together. Even if u are not, one or two of ur relatives are. Until Buhari sell Nigeria, then we shall know that this government is worse than leprosy.

I am a full blooded Yoruba man but I must confess, We are the real problem of this country. The Igbos will see a problem and tackle it irrespective of the the tribe or region of the culprit. But you see We Yorubas eh, we are quick to criticize when the culprit is from other tribe especially SE, but turn to Zombie when the culprit hails from the North or one of the SW States. Oga please tell us what OBJ did with $16b power sector fund. Both OBJ and PMB are the same, the only exception is GEJ who is by miles better than both OBJ and PMB.

I dey wait.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by byinks(f): 10:02am On May 05, 2020
hollywater:
The useless prof,Woke S.should come and see the government he helped brought into power.

Na only him ??
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by harjay1986: 10:04am On May 05, 2020
[quote author=Mims2016 post=89201475]

https://punchng.com/nigeriansll-pay-higher-electricity-tariffs-fg-promises-imf/[/qu

am not a religious person, but if we look into this very well this is term JIZYA in Islamic state, because when talk about tax payer in Nigeria I can boldly say 90% tax that Nigeria has to day only comes from the south area,

did anybody wonder why no one mention the distribution company in the North?

I know some of my muslim kinsmen here in southwest we try to deny this, but wait find sometime to go to North, no matter how grounded you are in Quran you will never be allow to lead prayer

even the so called Muric president will not be allow all because southwest Muslim are consider to be second class Muslim
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by naturefellow(m): 10:04am On May 05, 2020
Jonasbadoo:
We are truly bleeped with this kind of governance undecided
APC has really mortgaged the future of this country
it's not APC (or PDP) it's corrupt, unaccountable, clueless = poor leadership
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by carpdiemz: 10:07am On May 05, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Indeed, the present government is an epitome of failure, failed promises and dashed expectations of most Nigerians. To think of the support and hopes most Nigerians had in PMB back in 2015. The smiling, docile angel became a demonic and cold hearted tyrant once he got what he wanted...

Moral Lesson: In life , you only know someone's true nature once they've gotten what they want from you, especially when it involves granting them access to power which is most times intoxicating...

Is just like a lady trying so hard to please a man just because she’s desperate to get married immediately the man married her , her true character will be revealed and people will start to sympathize with the man grin
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by caleboxylic: 10:08am On May 05, 2020
The mod deleted my comment because I said the truth.
You can imagine. I pointed out that the south east region are made to pay higher to service a loan that 5% of it was allocated to.

This country will not survive nor progress without justice and equity.

I hope our representative and all igbo are seeing this injustice.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Chirowman(m): 10:10am On May 05, 2020
we have always anticipated for change and next level with our clerics prophesying on it.here its lets enjoy it while it last .
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Fragility6: 10:13am On May 05, 2020
HITMEUP4ANYBIZ:
any deal ? grin

When did IMF turned to Nigeria governing council?

A dullard (not buhari, cause it’s disrespectful to real dullards) should know that Collecting loans to fund budget, pay salaries is a very stupid idea, imagine a non exporting petroleum based economy collecting such a huge loans, china will give our politicians loan, they will be the one to bring workers, machines, banks to pay out money, they will be the one to decide everything about the projects.

A president that moved 1 trillion Naira to fight an imaginary one can’t even fund most projects he started

REST IN PEACE THOMAS SANKARA, the leader africa never had cry

I have Netflix and PIA vpn logs for cheap price

His own best friend killed. The least person e expected. Life
Re: Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:15am On May 05, 2020
All I can see is olodos on this thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Video Of Nigerian Army In Another Brutal Encounter With Bandits / Nnamdi Kanu Blesses Artiste Who Was Arrested After His Return From Spain. Photos / Many Slump At Atiku's Overcrowded Kano Campaign Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.