Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,621 members, 7,813,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta - Politics (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta (26230 Views)

Why Are We Disrespecting The Presidents Office? / Show Of Shame.you Cannot Justify Disrespecting The President – Ayogu Eze To PDP / Stop Disrespecting Buhari, Nigerian Government Warns Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by oyatz(m): 2:21pm On May 14, 2020
Bros, I can't just stop laughing at 'However, one thing is sure; you people must stop acting as spoilers'.

Nowenuse:

You see, the only thing that unites your people is fear of Igbo domination. That is not enough to form a country cos that uniting factor will disappear as soon as you have your own country.

To be sincere, I don't think joining BIAFRA will even be a good idea for your people. However, one thing sure is that you people must stop acting as spoilers! (In the sense that you only mention your NDR whenever the issue of BIAFRA comes up).
Nobody ever hears of your own independent agitations without the mention of BIAFRA. Why?
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by rationalhuman(m): 2:21pm On May 14, 2020
Kashmir is a practical example that when Islamist Jihadis becomes majority any land can become hell.

Same thing is happening in all african nations, Look at my country Kenya where Somalis are creating Islamic empire( after successfully destroying their own Somalia). Like what is happening to poor Christians in Your nation Nigeria where Boko Terrorists are butchering innocents, Breeding like rabbits just to increase population, Kidnapping to converts or to make them wives to produce offspring , just to increase population. and they have their supporters in Ruling elites.
oyatz:
If care is not taken, if Nigieria should disintegrate,Anioma will be

A hotly contested Region just like Kashmir which was balkanized into 3 and controlled by India, Pakistan and China or Western Sahara between 1975-1979 when it was contested and claimed by Mauretania, Morrocco and The POLISARIO representing the Indigenous Saharawi people.

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by oyatz(m): 2:30pm On May 14, 2020
Okay, I see.

So you have started to let them know you aren't joining them before you start hearing statements like these

*We developed Port Harcourt, Calabar,Warri or Uyo.

* Calabar, Port Harcourt and Uyi are 'No man's lands'

Mystiquefia:

Call it anything you want, its okay by me. We have suffered enough marginalization from the big 3 and we will not be cowed, blackmailed, foisted into any unhealthy marriage with any of d major tribes in Nigeria, Without satisfactory liason. Self Determination is not an exclusive right, preserved for biafra & those who share in their ideology.

And we need to echo our disapproval before hand so that those who have degrees in grabbing peoples lands do not mistake our silence for consent or weakness. so dat blood no go flow..

1 Like

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by oyatz(m): 2:44pm On May 14, 2020
I too have thought of re-unification of the Yoruba people as one homogeneous Country but I feel it will be very difficult.

In Togo today, Indigenous Yorubas are sometimes accussed of being 'Nigerians' and marginalized.
Atakpame is the fourth largest city in Togo and it started as a Yoruba city but now gradually been mixed with the Ewe tribe.

It is one city in Togo where Yoruba language (called IFE language in Togo) is still been used to conduct sermons.

BeerParlour:

All they do is think and wish evil to the Easterners for just no reason.
Afonjas should be thinking of uniting with their brothers from Benin Republic and Togo to form one powerful or homogeneous country in Africa. They can be like Canada that speak English and French or they work on their Yoruba language.

If I was Afonja, that's what I would be thinking.
Yoruba nation is divided into 4 countries... Togo, Benin Republic, Nigeria and Ghana yet they leave their nation to poke others.
They should be thinking of reunification with their people.

Everyone is a looser in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by oyatz(m): 2:59pm On May 14, 2020
Yes, you are right sir.

Even Taraba, Adamawa, Borno and Yobe Sttates will also to be parts of Biafra.

hammerP:
IF YORUBA KEEP FOCUSING ON BIAFRA AND IGBOS.

I PROMISE THEM, WEN BIAFRA LEAVE, EVEN ONDO WILL FOLLOW BIAFRA.

WE ARE WORKING AND TALKING.

WE ARE ON GROUND AND ONLINE.

BIAFRA IS NOT A TALKING SHOP.

1 Like

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Dikebuka: 4:06pm On May 14, 2020
oyatz:
I like your arrangement.

However, let's assume that there are 3 wards within Edo State inhabited by Igbo clans (Igbankes) and they vote for Biafra but their surrounding neighbours will not partake in the referendum or if they do but vote against Biafra, will this Igbanke now exist as Biafran territory within Edo Kingdom/Niger-Delta Republic?

The will have to choose where the want to belong to..nobody will force them..but I doubt any igbo tribe or igboid tribe will want to remain in these current Nigeria..

Even with Nnamdi Kanu's type of confederation, I doubt any tribe will even consider d Nigeria

Even people that call themselves Anioma self.
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Dikebuka: 4:16pm On May 14, 2020
oyatz:
Eastern Region was a creation of the British just like Nigeria was created by the British without consultations with the people.

Were the Ngwa, Ogoni, Efik, Nri, AroChukwus, Etche, Ibiobio consulted by the British Colonial Government if they will like to be in the same 'Eastern Region'?

Igbos where abit different in their approach then.
Igbos in the west( igbanke and delta) had reverence to the Oba but not loyal or subservient they had kings
Igbos in the north: (Reverence to d Eze Nri as king and priest) avatar
Igbos from anambra,imo,abia wia made of chiefdoms who wia in a Confederacy with Ibibio,Efik and other ethnic group within d region
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by ChimaAdeoye: 4:25pm On May 14, 2020
Personally, i support and will fight for a united Nigeria that is poor and broke, than an oil rich nigeria.

OIL money is unfortunately the evil gift that has bred corruption and tribalism in Nigeria. if we can somehow take oil away from the equation, you will see a more reasonable, less corrupt and progressive nigeria.
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by oyatz(m): 5:15pm On May 14, 2020
This post didn't answer my question sir.

Were Ngwa, Etche, Nri, Ogoni, Bende, Ikwerres, Ekpeyes, Ogojo, Ibiobio, Oron and Efik consulted and their approval gotten before the British Colonial Government created the Eastern Region in 1950?

Eastern Region was created by British imposition in 1950 just like Nigeria was created by British imposition in 1914.

Both were not organic or indigenous political entities.

Dikebuka:

Igbos where abit different in their approach then.
Igbos in the west( igbanke and delta) had reverence to the Oba but not loyal or subservient they had kings
Igbos in the north: (Reverence to d Eze Nri as king and priest) avatar
Igbos from anambra,imo,abia wia made of chiefdoms who wia in a Confederacy with Ibibio,Efik and other ethnic group within d region

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by oyatz(m): 5:29pm On May 14, 2020
You don't seems to get my point.

The people of Igbanke love Biafria and 90% of them had voted for Biafra.

However there are surrounded by Edoid Tribes who will not vote in the referendum.

Are you going to have Igbanke Biafran territory inside Edo Republic or Biafra will move in and just annex the whole of Edo Republic or they will evacuate the Igbanke people into Biafra Proper?

Dikebuka:

The will have to choose where the want to belong to..nobody will force them..but I doubt any igbo tribe or igboid tribe will want to remain in these current Nigeria..

Even with Nnamdi Kanu's type of confederation, I doubt any tribe will even consider d Nigeria

Even people that call themselves Anioma self.
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Dikebuka: 6:01pm On May 14, 2020
oyatz:
You don't seems to get my point.

The people of Igbanke love Biafria and 90% of them had voted for Biafra.

However there are surrounded by Edoid Tribes who will not vote in the referendum.

Are you going to have Igbanke Biafran territory inside Edo Republic or Biafra will move in and just annex the whole of Edo Republic or they will evacuate the Igbanke people into Biafra Proper?

Igbanke land will be Biafraland...
Igbanke land will.become Biafra land..what will happen is just like what happend in Adamawa. The might have to join the igbos are shift to one side of igbanke dt is linked to Edo
Thats the beauty of igbo history.. There method of migration and expansion

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by oyatz(m): 6:12pm On May 14, 2020
But is it okay if the wealth from the crude oil of Niger-Delta is used to build the 2nd Niger Bridge and develop Ebonyi?

You are telling the SS minorities that it's not fair for people in Katsina or Sokoto to own oil Wells in the Niger Delta but you didn't tell them if it's fair for people from Aguleri, Awka, Nnewi or Afikpo to own oils in the Niger-Delta.

hammerP:

I TELL THEM AS IT IS BRO.

NNAMDI KANU WILL EVEN CALL THEM MAD PEOPLE.

IF YOU SEE A DOG, THE FIRST THING THEY TELL YOU IS THE DOG CAN SMELL FEAR AND ATTACK.

ALL WE HAVE SEEN FROM THIS UNREASONABLE MINORITIES IS FEAR.

IT GETS TO A POINT WEN ALL THEY FEAR STARTS HAPPENING TO THEM LIVE.

I BELIEVE THEY ARE ALREADY LIVING THAT FEAR, SO WEN THEY SEE IGBO AND START TALKING ABOUT FEAR, I WONDER IF THEY ARE INSANE.

A MAN FROM KATSINA AND SOKOTO OWNS THE OIL WELL ON YOUR LAND AND U THINK THAT IS FINE?

THE MONEY GOTTEN FROM OIL IN YOUR LAND IS USED TO FEED PEOPLE IN ZAMFARA, YET THAT IS OK.

I HOPE U SEE WHERE AM GOING WITH THIS.

ARE THE SS PEOPLE MAD?

1 Like

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Dikebuka: 6:21pm On May 14, 2020
oyatz:
This post didn't answer my question sir.

Were Ngwa, Etche, Nri, Ogoni, Bende, Ikwerres, Ekpeyes, Ogojo, Ibiobio, Oron and Efik consulted and their approval gotten before the British Colonial Government created the Eastern Region in 1950?

Eastern Region was created by British imposition in 1950 just like Nigeria was created by British imposition in 1914.

Both were not organic or indigenous political entities.

Let me explain something
Before Britain, the various ethnic group were coexisting..though not in a perfect form we were existing already..

Just like I told u earlier
Nri was a spiritual place that most people went on pilgrimage.. Infact the Eze Nri was never seen

Igbos in Ahaba,Aboh, Iselle-ukwu was influence by the Oba of Benin and though they wia independent of his Dominion.

Igbos wia already in contact with Ijaw...if you recall King Jaja of Opobo...infact Jaja was never seen as a domineering igbo and he was one of the strong resistance the east hard toward British incursion.

Now igbos in Anambra, Imo, Abia down south hard wah they call chiefdoms not kingdom..it was the whiteman dt brought warrant chief.

The Aba women riot was Igbo, Efik and Ibibio women dt ended the taxation stuff to show dt they have been existing even before the whiteman came.

Now Aro-confederacy was the order of the day den..they was no true king for the places that had dt Confederacy.

Kalahari have been in contact with the igbos..from the slave trade era.

Now even before the establishment of the eastern region, they have been dia.

One thing again I will say is this the British came in through the ports but faced stiff resistance to conquer the region
They retired most of the sophisticated merchants in the riverine area..

Fought the war with the confederate states won yet could not get for grip...

Had to force the Eze Nri out and tell.him to denounce his title..

Brought warrant chief and even militarization of the region
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by oyatz(m): 6:35pm On May 14, 2020
But they have a lower poverty rate than you.

Akwa-Ibom and Cross-River States are doing far better than your States in certain areas, so be humble.

Kwashiman:

Because you SIMPLY can't compete SIMPLE. Leave too much talk. Like which indices can we even start from sef? bros una no abeg, waste of time. grin

Now if it comes to producing fuckable housegirls like Ekaette or Iniobong, then we fit give una that trophy. Statistically, one in every 4 Nigerian boys have at least been disvirgined by their Calabar abi Akwa Ibom house-girls at early childhood.
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Fatimaade: 6:40pm On May 14, 2020
BeerParlour:

All they do is think and wish evil to the Easterners for just no reason.
Afonjas should be thinking of uniting with their brothers from Benin Republic and Togo to form one powerful or homogeneous country in Africa. They can be like Canada that speak English and French or they work on their Yoruba language.

If I was Afonja, that's what I would be thinking.
Yoruba nation is divided into 4 countries... Togo, Benin Republic, Nigeria and Ghana yet they leave their nation to poke others.
They should be thinking of reunification with their people.

Everyone is a looser in Nigeria.

Beer parlour talk
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by oyatz(m): 6:40pm On May 14, 2020
All these didn't answer my question;

Were all the ethnic groups consulted and they gave their approval for inclusion in Eastern Region?

ALL parts of Nigeria have been in existence and interracted with their neighbours for centuries before the Advent of British Colonial rule.

Dikebuka:

Let me explain something
Before Britain, the various ethnic group were coexisting..though not in a perfect form we were existing already..

Nri was a spiritual place that most people went on pilgrimage.. Infact the Eze Nri was never seen

Igbos in Ahaba,Aboh, Iselle-ukwu was influence by the Oba of Benin and though they wia independent of his Dominion.

Igbos wia already in contact with Ijaw...if you recall King Jaja of Opobo...infact Jaja was never seen as a domineering igbo and he was one of the strong resistance the east hard toward British incursion.

Now igbos in Anambra, Imo, Abia down south hard wah they call chiefdoms not kingdom..it was the whiteman dt brought warrant chief.

The Aba women riot was Igbo, Efik and Ibibio women dt ended the taxation stuff to show dt they have been existing even before the whiteman came.

Now Aro-confederacy was the order of the day den..they was no true king for the places that had dt Confederacy.

One thing again I will say is this the British came in through the ports but faced stiff resistance to conquer the region

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Fatimaade: 6:42pm On May 14, 2020
oyatz:
People like you are making the Biafran agitations very complicated because you only view things from your own prisms and like to come online to espouse these your views not only as the truth but as the ONLY truth.

Anybody that share contrary views from your views are labeled 'Afonja' because you have been programmed to see the Yoruba people as your problem.

The first question you need to ask yourselves is 'What is Biafra?'

a) The Old Eastern Region which didn't include Delta and Edo States.

b) The five States of the S/East.

c) All territories inhabited by Igbos whereever they found

d) The present SE/SS.

Unity beggers
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Dikebuka: 7:07pm On May 14, 2020
oyatz:
All these didn't answer my question;

Were all the ethnic groups consulted and they gave their approval for inclusion in Eastern Region?

ALL parts of Nigeria have been in existence and interracted with their neighbours for centuries before the Advent of British Colonial rule.

They were not consulted..the wia conquered territory but the core difference between eastern region

But before then the conquest their boundaries, ethnic composition per land and laws per ethnic group were there..

It was called Eastern region because it was a conquered land. Infact it was the British that brought the marginalization into the region
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Yujin(m): 7:37pm On May 14, 2020
oyatz:
Fulanis will now become foreigners and won't be allowed into their Countries.

Even Fulanis are victims of marginalization in other Countries.

Fulanis are being ridiculed, marginalized and killed in Central African Republic (CAR) which I strongly condemned because no Humanbeings deserved to be treated like that.

Fulanis are NOT more powerful than any other ethnic group. They are are only enjoying the protection of Federal Government of NIGIERIA.

Once there's no more Nigeria, Fulanis will run back to their domains.

I won't waste my time to educate you on this.

1 Like

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Yujin(m): 7:42pm On May 14, 2020
Dikebuka:

Let me explain something

Do not waste your time on him. He's just acting true to his nature- serpent exactly like his people. All they think is about bringing Igbos down by any means. I'll love to see the looks on their faces when Biafra is established.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Rodwave: 7:45pm On May 14, 2020
oyatz:
Your madness is like Z-World. . . It's extraordinary everyday.

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Yujin(m): 7:47pm On May 14, 2020
Dikebuka:

Igbanke land will be Biafraland...
Igbanke land will.become Biafra land..what will happen is just like what happend in Adamawa. The might have to join the igbos are shift to one side of igbanke dt is linked to Edo
Thats the beauty of igbo history.. There method of migration and expansion
Do you see the person you're discussing with? He knows nothing about Igbanke yet is yapping crap. Don't enlighten him anymore. Leave him to continue in his arrogant ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Yujin(m): 7:56pm On May 14, 2020
oyatz:
You seems to have this funny Messianic complex.

1) If Nigeria is going to disintegrate, it won't be into Nigeria and Biafra but into SEVERAL smaller countries.

2) You don't need to wait for any tribe because they fail to join Biafra.

3) The numerous tribes of the Niger-Delta can form a single countries if they like or multi countries.

4) The 'fear' of incoming Fulani Jihadists that you are using to blackmail these minority tribes into joining Biafran doesn't hold water.

These Niger-Delta Tribes have

*Fertile lands with large water bodies
*Access to the sea
*Crude oil
*Natural gas
* Aluminum Smelting Company, Ikot Abasi
*Aladja Steel
* Delta Steel Complex and above all
* Human Capital.

All they need to do is to sign an agreement with Vladimir Putin of Russia to take some barrels of crude oil free or manage the Steel /Aluminum complex for 3 years and supply their Army with the latest AK-47, APCs, Ground-to-Air Missiles, Helicopter Gunship and other deadly weapons.

Any Fulani Jihadists that set his feet on their territories will know that he is planning to commit suicide.

Can the Fulani Jihadists even withstand the Niger-Delta Militants?

What I wrote is not for people like you who have jaundiced mindset. You can think and say whatever but be sure that Igbos will come out victorious and those sons of the fallen demon will suffer for all their wickedness. That which they fear and yet refuse to confront headlong but rather seek to pull Igbos down will come upon them. No one will help them at those times.
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by kemicalreact: 8:12pm On May 14, 2020
Yujin:

What I wrote is not for people like you who have jaundiced mindset. You can think and say whatever but be sure that Igbos will come out victorious and those sons of the fallen demon will suffer for all their wickedness. That which they fear and yet refuse to confront headlong but rather seek to pull Igbos down will come upon them. No one will help them at those times.
grin
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by valirex: 9:08pm On May 14, 2020
You all should know Edo is totally independent and will extend a hand of fellowship to our neighbors in the south if they choose to join we will opt for a confederation and if no, then we will go for Absolute monarchial rule. We are done with all this marginalization undecided
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by myobjective: 9:46am On May 15, 2020
LegendHero:

Then let the South South group speak for themselves.

I have as much right to contribute to this just as much as you do because we are both not from the SS.

So shut your mouth and stop mentioning me!

Maybe your great grandfathers did the Yoruba any favor for you to start calling me an ingrate. Do I owe any of your Igbo ancestors any favor in the first place?

Ipob wouldn't kill me oh. Imagine his audacity!
My brother continues jare, I'm enjoying your contributions

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

2023: Dapo Abiodun Declares Support For Osinbajo’s Presidential Bid / Lepers To President Buhari: You Abandoned Us After Helping You Win Elections / Presidential Panel Seals Senator Nwaoboshi's Properties In Abuja, Delta & Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.