Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,664 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta (26240 Views)

Why Are We Disrespecting The Presidents Office? / Show Of Shame.you Cannot Justify Disrespecting The President – Ayogu Eze To PDP / Stop Disrespecting Buhari, Nigerian Government Warns Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Yaribanzaonic: 1:02pm On May 05, 2020
Yaribaa man from Kwara...living an Alfa juju plauged life.

A yaribaa man desperate for 1 Nigeria because he is lost without oil...

sorry ohh kpele!!!

BIAFRA IS A MUST...and ewedurians like you can GTFOH!!

Arrewa:
then tell Nnamdi kanu to remove them from his map!!

Why will he add them on Biafra map at the first place??

Those guys don reject una tire yet una no wan let go!!

If they open thread to counter your lies you'll start wailing and calling them Afonjas!

We all know you're after their oil...

4 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by pazienza(m): 1:03pm On May 05, 2020
Blackking98:
if we want to go by your logic Africa alone would have well over a hundred countries, talkless of culturally diverse continent's like Asia. There's no possible way Oro or ogoni or other minorities you speak of are going to have a separate country without following the bigger groups, be it ijaw or ibibio or urhobo, the Oro you speak of would be at advantage because the difference between an ibibio or efik man to an oro man is like finding the difference between ebonyi Igbo and Delta Igbo, it's still the same ibibio-efik-annang-oro family. Central and nothern Cross river alone has well over ten ethnic groups, will they also be divided into different countries? Niger Delta republic can't be like Nigeria because everyone will be in control of his or her destiny, there will be new states formed within the country for minorities, something like a new south south within the Niger Delta. Your idea of having more than 20 countries from niger Delta is really laughable. We are finding it hard to get biafra and Niger Delta republic you're talking about 20 new countries? Saying igbos will support the minorities to have their own countries free of ibibio or ijaw, support yourself and have your biafra before you start being another Lord lugard.

We are a for all groups having freedom to speak for themselves.
It's not in your place to tell the Oro man or the Ogoni man that Niger delta republic is best for them, when these groups don't feel so and are currently pushing for their own independence subtly.
http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/RightsDeclaration/Oron.htm
What you are doing is no different from what IPOB are doing.
You must respect the wishes of those small groups if they don't want to be part of your large Niger delta as they have indicated.
Europe has San Marino as independent country with just a population of 32,000 people, my Idemili North LGA have like 200,000 people, yet San Marino is an independent country. Let's not talk about the likes of Lichtenstein, Andorra, Gilbratta, Kosovo, etc.
These are countries in Europe that Oro and Ogoni are bigger than yet full fledged independent countries.
Niger delta can divide as much as is necessary and as much as independent ethnic groups there feel they should. You are not in position to speak for other group there not yours. Not everyone wants to be part of a bigger group or entity.

Yes! Ndiigbo will work with all groups seeking for independence in SS, this is exactly my point.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 1:10pm On May 05, 2020
pazienza:

It's not in your place to tell the Oro man or the Ogoni man that Niger delta republic is best for them, when these groups don't feel so and are currently pushing for their own independence subtly.
You must respect the wishes of those small groups if they don't want to be part of your large Niger delta as they have indicated.
Europe has San Marino as independent country with just a population of 32,000 people, my Idemili North LGA have like 200,000 people, yet San Marino is an independent country. Let's not talk about the likes of Lichtenstein, Andorra, Gilbratta, Kosovo, etc.
These are countries in Europe that Oro and Ogoni are bigger than yet full fledged independent countries.
Niger delta can divide as much as is necessary and as much as independent ethnic groups there feel they should. You are not in position to speak for other group there not yours. Not everyone wants to be part of a bigger group or entity.

Yes! Ndiigbo will work with all groups seeking for independence in SS, this is exactly my point.
I like your analogy but this is Africa,not Europe sir. I'm yet to see where an Oro man has said he doesn't want to be part of ND, I'm from Akwa Ibom so if you're using the opinion of one of two monickers to reflect as the opinion of the larger Oro community then I laugh at you in Hispanic, you do not know the internal politics being played in my state and as such you can talk anyhow, I can't speak for ogoni as I'm not from Rivers State, how ever you make it seem like you and your Igbo lads are selling independence at aba market, get your biafra if it's that easy, we'll get our Niger Delta republic, when we are both independent you can talk this gibberish you're yarning about over 20 independent countries, funny you.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by pazienza(m): 1:30pm On May 05, 2020
Blackking98:

I like your analogy but this is Africa,not Europe sir. I'm yet to see where an Oro man has said he doesn't want to be part of ND, I'm from Akwa Ibom so if you're using the opinion of one of two monickers to reflect as the opinion of the larger Oro community then I laugh at you in Hispanic, you do not know the internal politics being played in my state and as such you can talk anyhow, I can't speak for ogoni as I'm not from Rivers State, how ever you make it seem like you and your Igbo lads are selling independence at aba market, get your biafra if it's that easy, we'll get our Niger Delta republic, when we are both independent you can talk this gibberish you're yarning about over 20 independent countries, funny you.

You are the one not being accommodating of the fact that in a free for all independence struggle.
Many groups like Oro and Ogoni would chose to go for it alone rather than be part of a Niger delta republic.
You are struggling to make peace with this, like IPOB struggling to make peace with homogeneous Igbo Biafra.
Stop projecting your insecurities on me and Biafra.
Biafra I repeat will work with all independent seeking groups in SS to harmonize the push for freedom from Nigeria , Ogoni and Oro are examples of those independent groups, I'm sure there are many other ethnic groups in SS that would prefer to go at it on their own if the opportunity presents itself.
http://saharareporters.com/2012/08/02/ogoni-declares-self-government

You suffer from inferiority complex. If 32,000 by human population San Marino who speak Italian language can decide to be independent of Italy and be a nation of its own, why can't Oro, Ikwerre or Ogoni do same? Oro people I know don't even want to be part of Akwa ibom, talkless of a bigger Niger delta republic, those lots crave for independence of their own. So what is good for Europeans isn't good for Africans because you want a big Niger delta republic where your own bigger group will dominate others? That's your headache though.

There will, should and can be as much as independent countries from Nigeria as much as the indigenous people desire. Biafra will work on her own Independence, but will also reach out to any surrounding indigenous group seeking for independence in SS, for synergistic effort. If this is too much for you to bear, you can go put your head into a chicken anus.

Inukwa African mentality, always looking for who to lord over rather than work independently but in synergy to achieve shared goals.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 1:40pm On May 05, 2020
pazienza:

You are the one not being accommodating of the fact that in a free for all independence struggle.
Many groups like Oro and Ogoni would chose to go for it alone rather than be part of a Niger delta republic.
You are struggling to make peace with this, like IPOB struggling to make peace with homogeneous Igbo Biafra.
Stop projecting your insecurities on my and Biafra.
Biafra I repeat will work with all independent seeking groups in SS to harmonize the push for freedom from Nigeria , Ogoni and Oro one of those independent groups, I'm sure there are many other ethnic groups in SS than would prefer to go at it on their own if the opportunity presents itself.
http://saharareporters.com/2012/08/02/ogoni-declares-self-government

You suffer from inferiority complex. If 32,000 San Marino who speak Italian language can decide to be independent of Italy and be a nation of its own, why can't Oro, Ikwerre or Ogoni do same? Oro people I know don't even want to be part of Akwa ibom, talkless of a bigger Niger delta republic, those lots crave for independence of their own. So what is good for Europeans isn't good for Africans because you want a big Niger delta republic where your own bigger group will dominate others? That's your headache though.

There will, should and can be as much as independent countries from Nigeria as much as the indigenous people desire. Biafra will work on her own Independence, but will also reach out to any surrounding indigenous group seeking for independence in SS, for synergistic effort.
You're talking gibberish as usual. Did a politician from Oro tell you they don't want to be part of Akwa Ibom? Or did a traditional ruler tell you that, did any important Oro person tell you that? Oh I forgot one monicker posting rubbish on NL told you and you're swallowing it, you can talk rubbish anyhow you like on NL I won't really bother but when it involves my state Akwa Ibom then me and you are in for a very long thing. You do not understand the politics of Akwa Ibom mr Man, Oro doesn't want to be part of Akwa Ibom yet they have the only airport in the state located at okobo precisely, Oro doesn't want to be part of Akwa Ibom yet I deep sea port is in their territory mbo precisely and many other critical infrastructure in Akwa Ibom which could have been easily located in IBIBIO or Annang territory and heaven wouldn't fall, mr Biafra let me tell you now that what the Oro man is looking for govenorship seat and once they have it they will rest, if you like you believe if you like keep typing shit, in 1999 the Yorubas started with OPC and odudwa republic, they were awarded with the presidency and it has died a natural death, we here in the Niger Delta started with militancy and we were given the presidency and our agitations have reduced, come 2023 if an Igbo man becomes president most of those people shouting Biafra or death with u will shut up and desert you, so stop carrying matter on your head like gala, we all know what the ogoni and the Oro want is the govenorship seat and those talk they have been talking is their bargaining chip. Focus on your Biafra, we will focus on our Niger Delta thank you, you can't come and decide who and who will be part of ND republic or not, enjoy your Biafran struggle while we sort ourselves out.

10 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by iFukLivingSage: 1:42pm On May 05, 2020
[s]
LivingSage:

Can you say this out loud cheesy
if those guys caught up with you saying this about him, they'll roast u life cheesy
I'm on one biafra FB page, few Igbo's that talk bad about Nnamdi Kanu are always brutally attack verbally to the extent that, such person picture will be circulated there and the member will be asked to get him cos he's an enemy of the state. But majority of them are illiterates (not insulting) coz what most of them post and believe is not even commonsensical
[/s]

1 Like

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by DATACUG00000(m): 1:45pm On May 05, 2020
Ok
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 05, 2020
Blackking98:
You're talking gibberish as usual. Did a politician from Oro tell you they don't want to be part of Akwa Ibom? Or did a traditional ruler tell you that, did any important Oro person tell you that? Oh I forgot one monicker posting rubbish on NL told you and you're swallowing it, you can talk rubbish anyhow you like on NL I won't really bother but when it involves my state Akwa Ibom then me and you are in for a very long thing. You do not understand the politics of Akwa Ibom mr Man, Oro doesn't want to be part of Akwa Ibom yet they have the only airport in the state located at okobo precisely, Oro doesn't want to be part of Akwa Ibom yet I deep sea port is in their territory mbo precisely and many other critical infrastructure in Akwa Ibom which could have been easily located in IBIBIO or Annang territory and heaven wouldn't fall, mr Biafra let me tell you now that what the Oro man is looking for govenorship seat and once they have it they will rest, if you like you believe if you like keep typing shit, in 1999 the Yorubas started with OPC and odudwa republic, they were awarded with the presidency and it has died a natural death, we here in the Niger Delta started with militancy and we were given the presidency and our agitations have reduced, come 2023 if an Igbo man becomes president most of those people shouting Biafra or death with u will shut up and desert you, so stop carrying matter on your head like gala, we all know what the ogoni and the Oro want is the govenorship seat and those talk they have been talking is their bargaining chip. Focus on your Biafra, we will focus on our Niger Delta thank you, you can't come and decide who and who will be part of ND republic or not, enjoy your Biafran struggle while we sort ourselves out.
As someone who have seen Oro campaign for independence on nairaland, i can tell you that you need to stop speaking for them if you are not from there. Allow an Oro person to speak for themselves. You are now acting like Nnamdi kanu led IPOB that you condemn.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by snitchbitch: 1:50pm On May 05, 2020
Keep dreaming!!!

Sweet dreams!!!

I pray you wake up soon !!!
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Bede2u(m): 1:50pm On May 05, 2020
pazienza:

http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/RightsDeclaration/Oron.htm

i think at a maximum there will only be 3 new countries out of niger delta

It will look something similar to this map

Any which way this niger delta/biafran thing goes, igbos will be fine

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 1:52pm On May 05, 2020
obowo69:

As someone who have seen Oro campaign for independence on nairaland, i can tell you that you need to stop speaking for them if you are not from there. Allow an Oro person to speak for themselves. You are now acting like Nnamdi kanu led IPOB that you condemn.
That's my problem with you lots, why are you always carrying what you see on nairaland as the general view of an ethnic group. So me an Akwa ibomite is telling you the current politics playing out within my state and you're carrying one irrelevant Post to argue with me? Why it's even more annoying is you're not allowing the Oro or ogoni people here talk, you have turned spoke person's for them. An Igbo man or Yoruba man can't decide who and who will be in Niger Delta republic

8 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Eastlink(m): 1:54pm On May 05, 2020
pazienza:

Well I know that Ibibio, Ijaw and Urhobo favour Niger delta republic because you hope to start playing majority politics in the new country against the smaller ethnic groups, like Ijaw did in old Rivers state, Urhobo in current Delta and Ibibio in Akwa Ibom.

But you must know that Niger Delta republic will not happen. After escaping this failed Nigeria,no ethnic nationality would ever tolerate to be under another.
Groups like Oro, Ogoni are already far advanced in their quest for independent country free from Ibibio and Ijaws, and would be supported by Ndiigbo to gain such, if we have a strategic leadership by then sha, not the current disorganized one championing for Biafra.

I am 100 percent that there will be no Niger Delta republic,At least not one consisting of all current 6 SS states intact. Niger Delta republic will likely in the end be just Ijaw republic, which was exactly what Boro defunct Niger Delta republic was all about.
At least 20 independent countries would emanate from the current Niger Delta region.
IPOB should stop wasting our time and forge synergy with all those groups as independent countries and not part of Biafra, so that we can all push together in our direction and free ourselves from Lagos/Abuja gang up that had affected all of us in the region.
Lol! Many of the Niger Delta chanters don't know this. I'll prefer to join an Igbo only country than be marginalized in the hands of the Ijaws in their Isaac Boro republic.
This is why Ndigbo must quickly alienate the IPOB group and get back to the leadership position of Nigeria. You are not a minority and should start acting like a major ethnic group for once.

3 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by pazienza(m): 1:55pm On May 05, 2020
Blackking98:

You are not an Oro or Ogoni man, so not in position to speak for the two groups. I have provided you with articles from those two groups to give you an idea of what they stand for.
This is Oro:http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/RightsDeclaration/Oron.htm

This is Ogoni :http://saharareporters.com/2012/08/02/ogoni-declares-self-government

It is insulting for you to claim you know what their struggles are all about and reduce it to mere state governorship.
It's insulting and insensitive from you. Ogoni and Oro struggles are beyond that and have been on for a long time. You are as much as an outsider as I am, because you not from there.
It's also preposterous for you to reduce Igbo desire and quest for Biafra to Nigerian presidency, it shows how ignorant you are to the core issues driving these struggles.
Which Niger delta started with militancy? More like Ijaw started with militancy and were rewarded fully with the presidency, but were Ijaws ever clamouring for independence from Nigeria before GEJ? I don't think so. Militancy was all about resource control, which remains a forlorn hope since then.
Ogoni and Oro have always wanted independence or at least a loose autonomy for as long as I can remember.
The siting Of Ibom airport in Oro land is a good gesture by the way, but I feel Oro believe they deserve more.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 2:00pm On May 05, 2020
pazienza:

You are not an Oro or Ogoni man, so not in position to speak for the two groups. I have provided you with articles from those two groups to give you an idea of what they stand for.
This is Oro:http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/RightsDeclaration/Oron.htm

This is Ogoni :http://saharareporters.com/2012/08/02/ogoni-declares-self-government

It is insulting for you to claim you know what their struggles are all about and reduce it to mere state governorship.
It's insulting and insensitive from you. Ogoni and Oro struggles are beyond that and have been on for a long time. You are as much as an outsider as I am, because you not from there.
It's also preposterous for you to reduce Igbo desire and quest for Biafra to Nigerian presidency, it shows how ignorant you are to the core issues driving these struggles.
Which Niger delta started with militancy? More like Ijaw started with militancy and were rewarded fully with the presidency, but were Ijaws ever clamouring for independence from Nigeria before GEJ? I don't think so. Militancy was all about resource control, which remains a forlorn hope since then.
Ogoni and Oro have always wanted independence or at least a loose autonomy for as long as I can remember.
The siting Of Ibom airport in Oro land is a good gesture by the way, but I feel Oro believe they deserve more.
That is what has played out unfortunately, it's not my fault the Nigerian state is like that. I've told you what you need to know about the Oro struggle but it seems you feel like being a freedom fighter, I won't explain nada to you anymore. When you say Oro deserve more can you let us understand how? We're given back a mere 15% of what we produce to manage ourselves and we're trying our best in that.

3 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by pazienza(m): 2:10pm On May 05, 2020
Bede2u:
i think at a maximum there will only be 3 new countries out of niger delta

It will look something similar to this map

Any which way this niger delta/biafran thing goes, igbos will be fine

I don't think Ogoni will accept any other union after Nigeria that doesn't guarantee them their own total independent country .
So I believe 100% Ogoni will be a country of their own.
Maybe 20 is a stretch, but this is what I foresee :

1. Niger delta republic (Ijaws in Rivers including parts of PHLGA, Bayelsa, Olodiama in Edo, Ijaw in Ondo, Ijaws in Bayelsa, Ijaws in Ibeno and Eastern Obolo Akwaibom)
*I am hoping Ndoki in Abia help us keep Oyigbo safe from Ijaw grasp.

2. Urhobo/Isoko country

3. Edo Conglomerate ( This is assuming the Esan and Bini finally realize they are brothers and stop their petty bickering, unite and try to reconcile the Afemai union (Akoko Edo/Etsako/Owan)

4. Ika/Igbanke Union

5. Ukwuani/Ndokwa/Ndoni/ assimilated Isoko in Ndokwa Union

6. Annang-Ibibio-Efik and parts of Ibeno and Eastern Obolo Union

7. Oro Nation

8. Ogoni Nation

9. Akalaka (Ikwerres/Ekpeye/Ogba)/Etche Union

10. Reunification of Enuani, Isobo, Egbema, and Oyigbo with SE to form Alaigbo Republic

11. Reunification of Itsekiri in a loose Union with Oodua if Oodua can offer them a deal that would allow them maintain 100% control of their resources. or totally independent Itsekiri if a deal couldn't be reached with Oodua.

12. Northern Cross Rivers is a tower of Babel. Could easily fragment to at least 5 countries.

So that's 16 countries in total at least.

5 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by AdaoraNK(f): 2:11pm On May 05, 2020
Please you should end this topic. The people from the west know best how to use the media to get your opinions and then put asunder.

Listen, any reasonable Niger Deltan if asked to choose between Igbo and yoruba the answer is as good as mine.

Lets end it please and focus on our development human and economical.

The west will always align with the north to subdue se/ss at anytime.

BEWARE!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by omonnakoda: 2:19pm On May 05, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

Your clarity of thought is commendable. I share your sentiments too.

Deep inside me I believe Nnamdi Kanu is just raising awareness to let other Igboid groups know that they are welcome to Biafra if they so wish. The reason he had been demanding referendum.

A referendum will clear all doubts. At that point we will know who wish to go with us or not.

Isolating Igbos at this early stage is counter productive. It will make it so easy for the owners of Nigeria to continue perpetuation of their divide and rule strategy. He is playing and beating them at their own game. By the time Biafra is ready to pull out ,the rest of the Minorities in the east would have been sufficiently prepared to leave Nigeria on their own.

It is Nigeria duty to keep the minorities interested. Nnamdi Kanu job is to offer them alternative. We want to be safe and clear on many areas especially as concerns friendly occupants of our access to sea before going full haul. We will also be surrounded on all sides. Friendly neighbours are indispensable.
What dirty parasitic alternative? It is motivated purely by greed. Why not give Fulani the same alternative? Why only the part they need for

SEA ACCESS

You folk can persuade yourselves that fishes fly

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by pazienza(m): 2:20pm On May 05, 2020
AdaoraNK:
Please you should end this topic. The people from the west know best how to use the media to get your opinions and then put asunder.

Listen, any reasonable Niger Deltan if asked to choose between Igbo and yoruba the answer is as good as mine.

Lets end it please and focus on our development human and economical.

The west will always align with the north to subdue se/ss at anytime.

BEWARE!

Don't kid yourself.
Niger deltans when offered the choice of devil and Ndiigbo, will choose the devil before Ndiigbo.
It's time Ndiigbo do away with these self deceit and deal with the bitter truth.

Go and check the 1979 and 1983 presidential elections.
Shagari, Awolowo and Zik were the three major contenders.

Guess what? Awolowo and Shagari got more votes than Zik in all the minorities states of Bendel (Delta and Edo) old Rivers state (Bayelsa and Rivers state) and South East state (Cross River and Akwaibom).
Zik barely got 5% of votes casted in those regions.
It was in old Plateau state that Zik got manageable votes outside Igboland.

Ndiigbo should stop searching for kinship/brotherhood where it's obvious none exists. We should rather focus on working with our neighbors on areas of mutual interests devoid of emotions.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 2:23pm On May 05, 2020
pazienza:

I don't think Ogoni will accept any other union after Nigeria that doesn't guarantee them their own total independent country .
So I believe 100% Ogoni will be a country of their own.
Maybe 20 is a stretch, but this is what I foresee :

1. Niger delta republic (Ijaws in Rivers including parts of PHLGA, Bayelsa, Olodiama in Edo, Ijaw in Ondo, Ijaws in Bayelsa, Ijaws in Ibeno and Eastern Obolo Akwaibom)
*I am hoping Ndoki in Abia help us keep Oyigbo safe from Ijaw grasp.

2. Urhobo/Isoko country

3. Edo Conglomerate ( This is assuming the Esan and Bini finally realize they are brothers and stop their petty bickering, unite and try to reconcile the Afemai union (Akoko Edo/Etsako/Owan)

4. Ika/Igbanke Union

5. Ukwuani/Ndokwa/Ndoni/ assimilated Isoko in Ndokwa Union

6. Annang-Ibibio-Efik and parts of Ibeno and Eastern Obolo Union

7. Oro Nation

8. Ogoni Nation

9. Akalaka (Ikwerres/Ekpeye/Ogba)/Etche Union

10. Reunification of Enuani, Isobo, Egbema, and Oyigbo with SE to form Alaigbo Republic

11. Reunification of Itsekiri in a loose Union with Oodua or totally independent Itsekiri

12. Northern Cross Rivers is a tower of Babel. Could easily fragment to at least 5 countries.

So that's 16 countries in total at least.

Say na tower of babel grin. Those guys can have like three different ethnic groups in one local government

1 Like

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Benevento(m): 2:24pm On May 05, 2020
Igbos and this SE/SS nonsense.

What a shameless tribe.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by SaintBishop: 2:25pm On May 05, 2020

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by horsepower102: 2:30pm On May 05, 2020
pazienza:

Don't kid yourself.
Niger deltans when offered the choice of devil and Ndiigbo, will choose the devil before Ndiigbo.
It's time Ndiigbo do away with these self deceit and deal with the bitter truth.

Guess what? Awolowo and Shagari got more votes than Zik in all the minorities states of Bendel (Delta and Edo) old Rivers state (Bayelsa and Rivers state) and South East state (Cross River and Akwaibom).

Ndiigbo should stop searching for kinship/brotherhood where it's obvious none exists. We should rather focus on working with our neighbors on areas of mutual interests devoid of emotions.

Thanks you for saying this. It took me a long time to arrive at this point. Niger deltans will choose the devil if the alternative was igbo. Let’s not kill ourselves.

The biggest damage I see is igbo parenting. We were never raised with hatred for these people but they were raised with hatred for us.

I think that’s why a lot of igbo naturally assume the Niger deltans are their brothers.

Igbo parenting needs to change. Our children are very naive on the reality of Nigeria and it takes them years to come to the point I finally came to in my adulthood.

Even Nnamdi Kanu of all people still has that outdated mentality.

6 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by gwafaeziokwu: 2:31pm On May 05, 2020
omonnakoda:

What dirty parasitic alternative? It is motivated purely by greed. Why not give Fulani the same alternative? Why only the part they need for

SEA ACCESS

You folk can persuade yourselves that fishes fly

May be if you calm down you will make more sense.

Who ate your lunch?

There is a healthy debate devoid of insults going on, if it's not your comfort zone do everyone a favour and dissappear

4 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by pazienza(m): 2:36pm On May 05, 2020
horsepower102:

Thanks you for saying this. It took me a long time to arrive at this point. Niger deltans will choose the devil if the alternative was igbo. Let’s not kill d ourselves.

The biggest damage I see is igbo parenting. We were never raised with hatred for these people but they were raised with hatred for us.

I think that’s why a lot of igbo naturally assume the Niger deltans are their brothers.

Igbo parenting needs to change. Our children are very naive on the reality of Nigeria and it takes them years to come to the point I finally came to in my adulthood.

Even Nnamdi Kanu of all people still has that outdated mentality.

I don't think anyone should be raised with hatred for any group.
Hatred is a burden for a hater.
We should do better by raising a generation of Igbos that are well informed about our neighbors and entire Nigeria, and use the knowledge to make better decisions and choices that would leave Ndiigbo at advantageous position.

I agree with you that there is so much ignorance in Igboland about nature of our relationship with our neighbors and entire Nigeria.
We need re education.
All hands should be on deck to bring about this enlightenment.

Whenever I see an Igbo preaching heterogeneous Biafra with groups down south, I marvel at the level of ignorance at display.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Deebwebb: 2:53pm On May 05, 2020
I see alot of afonja's claiming to be igbo and south south just to cause disunity....
Everybody in eastern region hate the Yorubas, because they are two faced cowards,they will say another thing only to backstab you when you relax,goodluck jonathan is an example,even though we all have our differences. we all have a common enemy "Yoruba and Hausa",when I visited Lagos an average Yoruba don't do business with an akwa ibom man only there Yoruba person,a Yoruba man will never sew clothes in the hands of an akwa ibom,Ijaw man or any other south south person only there Yoruba person,they are tribal bigot.if you are in Lagos ask any akwa ibom tailor or shop owner they will tell you better.

So this kind of posts should stop till we are ready to leave Nigeria,we know who our allies are, even though we want our own separate country..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Graysons: 2:58pm On May 05, 2020
SaintBishop:

Which sane individual will want to share a country with Igbos?
You lots are terrible sets of people.
You are cunning not straight forward arrogant, boastful.
And lastly, not the least you are always running away from your community. Carry your Biafra whatever to your igbo speaking brothers and stop dragging others into your doom.

Very arrogant people. Just look this thread I can bet my soul most of them commenting on that thread are not living in the east.

https://www.nairaland.com/5836626/man-asks-google-which-country

2 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by omonnakoda: 2:59pm On May 05, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

May be if you calm down you will make more sense.

Who ate your lunch?

There is a healthy debate devoid of insults going on, if it's not your comfort zone do everyone a favour and dissappear
Insult? Do you know the meaning of the word?
Stop whining.
You do not coopt people into a manufactured debate.

There is no debate Stop the SS/SE bullshit. You do not start a debate about whether another person needs a haircut.Restrict your debate to Ibo people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by AdaoraNK(f): 3:00pm On May 05, 2020
Deebwebb:
I see alot of afonja's claiming to be igbo and south south just to cause disunity....
Everybody in eastern region hate the Yorubas, because they are two faced cowards,they will say another thing only to backstab you when you relax,goodluck jonathan is an example,even though we all have our differences. we all have a common enemy "Yoruba and Hausa",when I visited Lagos an average Yoruba don't do business with an akwa ibom man only there Yoruba person,a Yoruba man will never sew clothes in the hands of an akwa ibom,Ijaw man or any other south south person only there Yoruba person,they are tribal bigot.if you are in Lagos ask any akwa ibom tailor or shop owner they will tell you better.

So this kind of posts should stop till we are ready to leave Nigeria,we know who our allies are, even though we want our own separate country..

Abeg tell them wella, dem no dey hear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by omonnakoda: 3:07pm On May 05, 2020
pazienza:

Don't kid yourself.

The history is that 6 states comprise the so called Niger Delta.

Bendel which is now Edo and Delta

Cross River now Akwa Ibomand Cross River

Rivers now Bayelsa and Rivers

Bendel was part of the Western Region while the other 4 were part of the Eastern region

Edo and Delta enjoyed free education for years and have a different world view as a consequence.

They have nothing in common with Akwa Ibom or Cross River

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by caleboxylic: 3:17pm On May 05, 2020
pazienza:

Don't kid yourself.

Thank you bro. I have said it and will repeat it, those minorities should seize to exist in our mind.
We want igbo republic and that's all.

We are great and will become greatest with an igbo republic.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Pantami Takes NIN To New York To Enrol Nigerians Living In U.S. / 7 Benefits Of Executive Bills Signed By President Tinubu (Video) / Wike To Ikwerres, Let No One Intimidate You, we’re Not 2nd Class Citizens(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.